Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 17:52   #1621
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Fellow bhpian avinashsg is booking a W8 as soon as booking reopens and the dealer today has told that the booking will open on 18th
so, looks like the bookings are set to open from the 25th.

Mahindra to open second phase of bookings for its XUV500
sharninder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 18:01   #1622
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Maybe its just me. Maybe my expectations are too high !! Sigh . Hello Mahindra - please replace my XUV...I want a new one now...and you can keep the VKool film I got done.
I believe the permutation-combinations that they have tried to isolate the problem are commendable. Its unfortunate that the source of the sound is still not traced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post

Just read the press-release. A lucky draw if the bookings are beyond 7200?

Why do I get a feel that Mahindras are not selling the XUVs but giving them for free? The press-release mentions "in case the requests exceed 7200". So, you can no longer 'order/book' a XUV... you have to 'request' for one and if you are lucky, you would get one. Amazing!

Last edited by SDP : 16th January 2012 at 18:19.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 18:23   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post

A small question: what if someone books it on day 1, will his vehicle also be alloted via lottery ??
if yes - then I would say it as "pathetic".
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 18:36   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
A small question: what if someone books it on day 1, will his vehicle also be alloted via lottery ??
Yes, all through the lottery. As per the press release, the details of the lottery would soon be announced in the brand website. I am keen to know whether details include slogan competition etc. I am just wondering whether XUV can now be sold in states which has banned lotteries ;-)

-- Wind
Wind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 18:39   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I believe the permutation-combinations that they have tried to isolate the problem are commendable. Its unfortunate that the source of the sound is still not traced.
Totally agree SDP. Not for a minute do I criticise the workshop team. If at all, they have been very patient and have empathised with my situation. In most places, workshop folks will convince you that the noises you hear are in your own head. But not here.

What I am really upset about is that in 15 days time, I have had to get my XUVs:

1. Brake pads cleaned and ground
2. Shocker changed
3. All seats and pannelling ripped out and re-installed
4. (And I forgot the mention this earlier) - Coolant topped up - perhaps I missed this during my PDI but coolant in a brand new vehicle was at MIN level

And still, my XUV:

1. Makes khat khat sounds from the rear
2. Squishing sounds from the front left suspension
3. Grinding noises from the front right
4. Several other rattles from all around

My odo reads 900 km
Old 16th January 2012, 18:39   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Yes, all through the lottery. As per the press release, the details of the lottery would soon be announced in the brand website. I am keen to know whether details include slogan competition etc. I am just wondering whether XUV can now be sold in states which has banned lotteries ;-)

-- Wind
Haven't they heard FIFO algorithm ???

Last edited by naveenchhillar : 16th January 2012 at 18:43.
Old 16th January 2012, 21:11   #1627
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:

-- Wind
The 'slogan competition' bit is really funny! Fantastic sense of humour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
From Autocar India Facebook page.

Bookings to re-open from 25th January.
Here is the link
XUV500 bookings re-open on 25th Jan - News - Autocar India
Mahindras are getting canned on their XUV Facebook for the 'lottery' idea. Check it out.

--------------------------
Edit: Read the press release again. Here's a gem I found- "Acclaimed bloggers like TeamBHP, Vicky.in and Motor Vikatan also awarded the XUV500 with 'Car of the Year / SUV of the Year'"

So TBHP is a blogger?

Last edited by SDP : 16th January 2012 at 21:14.
Old 16th January 2012, 22:07   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

-- Wind
Mahindra to allot the XUV500 through a unique draw in case the booking requests exceed 7200. They should have avoided the condition and just said "all" through the lottery. Does it shows MM is not confident of getting 7200 bookings in 10 days from 22 cities? I am sure they will be surprised as they did at the time of the first release.

Quote:
"The draw process will be validated by the professional services firm, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India Pvt. Ltd* (DTTIPL) as per mutually agreed scope & terms between M&M and DTTIPL".
Hm, Can they hire some one for 1 hour and write a routine to generate random numbers between Booking_start_no and Booking_End_no. So it is not just lottery, there are some other logic also involved....?

Last edited by teamveevee : 16th January 2012 at 22:14.
Old 16th January 2012, 22:19   #1629
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Not sure where is the number 7200 coming from? 7200 should be less than 2 months' production capacity for XUV. They want to keep on re-opening the bookings after every two months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Hm, Can they hire some one for 1 hour and write a routine to generate random numbers between Booking_start_no and Booking_End_no. So it is not just lottery, there are some other logic also involved....?
The whole think about hiring Deloitte sounds fishy to say the least.

Conspiracy theory -> Mahindras must be getting lot of pressure from the politico crowd and in general people with connections. A lottery system might just be a ploy to accommodate all the people who do not believe in their turn (while Mahindra still maintaining an impression of "being fair" ).

Last edited by SDP : 16th January 2012 at 22:24.
Old 17th January 2012, 03:27   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Totally agree SDP. Not for a minute do I criticise the workshop team. If at all, they have been very patient and have empathised with my situation. In most places, workshop folks will convince you that the noises you hear are in your own head. But not here.

What I am really upset about is that in 15 days time, I have had to get my XUVs:

1. Brake pads cleaned and ground
2. Shocker changed
3. All seats and pannelling ripped out and re-installed
4. (And I forgot the mention this earlier) - Coolant topped up - perhaps I missed this during my PDI but coolant in a brand new vehicle was at MIN level

And still, my XUV:

1. Makes khat khat sounds from the rear
2. Squishing sounds from the front left suspension
3. Grinding noises from the front right
4. Several other rattles from all around

My odo reads 900 km
The Khat Khat sound could be of the magnetic lock of the tailgate. If they have come this far ask them to remove the tailgate and then you can check if the sound still exist
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 05:21   #1631
BHPian

Not even a single post in M&M Facebook page is supporting their idea of 7200 bookings in lottery style. Seems, they got it wrong all this time.

Am sure they will still be a hot cake, but on what cost ??
Old 17th January 2012, 07:41   #1632
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not even a single post in M&M Facebook page is supporting their idea of 7200 bookings in lottery style. Seems, they got it wrong all this time.
Would Mahindras take all the reaction to the lottery scheme seriously and withdraw the scheme?

This is a litmus test for Mahindra's 'agility' as a business house.

I am pretty sure, they would have already contracted Deloitte. In all probability, Deloitte would have already started working on creating the most complex 'lucky' draw system, where 'luck' would be one of the many parameters which decides the final output. They have to make it large and complex as nobody pays big money for a random number generator.

Can Mahindra go back on the contract with Deloitte at this time and reintroduce first-come-first-serve? Would they decide to wait for further reactions when the details of the scheme would be announced and then take a call? This is going to be interesting to watch.
Old 17th January 2012, 08:18   #1633
BHPian

I think they wanted to avoid a "first day first show" situation in their dealerships. So their think tanks might have come up with this lottery solution.

In any case, the lottery system is pathetic to say the least. That too when its a Rs 80000 lottery. If I were to book XUV now, I would probably rethink.

If the objective of M&M was to avoid rush at dealerships on day 1, they could have come up with an online booking system. I'm sure many people are going to book without a TD. For the 5 cities, potential customers may have taken a TD already.
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 08:36   #1634
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
I think they wanted to avoid a "first day first show" situation in their dealerships. So their think tanks might have come up with this lottery solution.

In any case, the lottery system is pathetic to say the least. That too when its a Rs 80000 lottery. If I were to book XUV now, I would probably rethink.

If the objective of M&M was to avoid rush at dealerships on day 1, they could have come up with an online booking system. I'm sure many people are going to book without a TD. For the 5 cities, potential customers may have taken a TD already.
Although Mahindras might be dreaming about it, a stampede kind of situation at the dealership is unlikely for a vehicle that costs close to 15 Lakhs OTR.

Since the lottery scheme is anyway ridiculous, let me take it to the next level:
1. I demand 50% reservation for women
2. I demand 20% quota for the financially backward
3. I demand 20% quota for the minorities and culturally oppressed
4. I demand 8% quota for the locals - people staying within 15km radius of a particular dealership
5. The remaining 2% would be reserved for the people who do not belong to any of the above categories

Old 17th January 2012, 08:47   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Although Mahindras might be dreaming about it, a stampede kind of situation at the dealership is unlikely for a vehicle that costs close to 15 Lakhs OTR.

Since the lottery scheme is anyway ridiculous, let me take it to the next level:
1. I demand 50% reservation for women
2. I demand 20% quota for the financially backward
3. I demand 20% quota for the minorities and culturally oppressed
4. I demand 8% quota for the locals - people staying within 15km radius of a particular dealership
5. The remaining 2% would be reserved for the people who do not belong to any of the above categories

LOL. I sincerely hope politicians don't see your message.

Coming back to the topic, a stampede - no, rush - surely.

Considering there are about 2 Lakh fans for the XUV facebook page, 7200 will be sold out in very few days had they not gone with the lottery system. Not sure what will happen with the lottery system in place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks