Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2011, 19:35   #871
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
Has anyone tried fitting the optional reverse camera in the XUV? I believe that the wiring and option is already in place? If yes, where has the camera been fitted? Did you have to make a hole in the bumper to accommodate the camera or is there any other option provided? What was the cost of this fitment?

Thanks,

Nikhil
Yes according to accessories guys reverse camera can be fitted into XUV.He gave an approximate quote of 4500/- for the camera.I am thinking of adding later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I'm quite sure you can. In similar players it will just display a warning message on the screen about the usage of handbrakes, but the audio will play in the background.

If it can recognize the format to be mp3 I dont think we will have this issue even. By the way, does the HU recognize video files from USB too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipun dhingra View Post
Can anyone confirm Whether the HU of xuv can play divx video files from the usb
The .avi, .divix extension files can played on HU from usb.I tried playing it while driving today and it was not blocked during driving as claimed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
Dont know about any button dedicated for this on the steering. You can do the same using the voice command. The switch for voice command is on the steering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
there is no source or channel button on the steering for controlling audio? is it possible to change the FM channel or a track or folder also from your steering mounted audio controls? or is it just the volume? can someone please confirm this please..
Changing of tracks can be done by using phone control buttons on steering wheel.
Old 12th November 2011, 20:50   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
The comparison report already available on the autocar website. Following is the link

Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria 4x2 - Feature - Autocar India

Mahindra XUV 500 vs Tata Aria ... Enjoy...

Old 13th November 2011, 02:14   #873
BHPian

Software upgrades for the Infotainment System for W8 model have been released. You need to visit the workshop to get these updated.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2011111101734.jpg  

noidaboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 06:47   #874
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Software upgrades for the Infotainment System for W8 model have been released. You need to visit the workshop to get these updated.
I don't know how to interpret and react to this.

Should I worry that not enough upfront testing has gone in for the s/w, because of which an upgrade needed to be released so early after the launch OR should I possibly feel reassured that may be Mahindras have quickly reacted to the feedback from the first set of owners and are trying to correct some issues.

Last edited by SDP : 13th November 2011 at 06:49.
Old 13th November 2011, 09:29   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f@lcon View Post
Yes according to accessories guys reverse camera can be fitted into XUV.He gave an approximate quote of 4500/- for the camera.I am thinking of adding later on.
Thats a very decent price.

Quote:
The .avi, .divix extension files can played on HU from usb.I tried playing it while driving today and it was not blocked during driving as claimed .
I am glad it can play videos of the USB. Who the hell wants to keep burning CDs?!

I am happier that it can play videos on the move as well, good for long journeys. For those concerned with safety, buy this for the driver -
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-blinders_1.jpg  

Old 13th November 2011, 09:47   #876
BHPian

does anyone has any clue on price increase? I have extended my budget from 10 lakh to 12 plus lakh for XUV. If they increase it further, I will have to go back for sedan.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:03   #877
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
does anyone has any clue on price increase? I have extended my budget from 10 lakh to 12 plus lakh for XUV. If they increase it further, I will have to go back for sedan.
Heard that the bookings would open only in Feb-2012. The version would have some of the early feedback incorporated and price increase would coincide with the bookings reopening.

Disclaimer - Everything in the 'heard' category. Nothing from horse's mouth.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:29   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Should I worry that not enough upfront testing has gone in for the s/w, because of which an upgrade needed to be released so early after the launch OR should I possibly feel reassured that may be Mahindras have quickly reacted to the feedback from the first set of owners and are trying to correct some issues.
This is definitely a good thing. As I understand, the infotainment system on the XUV is quite complicated with lots of features. Most of the glitches should be fixed by a SW update.
Old 13th November 2011, 11:01   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy
Wow , a firmware upgrade. that's updated pretty fast. This means we do get future upgrades . This is in line with most of the audio,video systems having upgrade features .hope the hardware is ready for future updates.
Old 13th November 2011, 14:31   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
This is definitely a good thing. As I understand, the infotainment system on the XUV is quite complicated with lots of features. Most of the glitches should be fixed by a SW update.
OFF TOPIC TO AN EXTENT

My XUV arrives Feb 26th. Would the initial glitches on software and in the car as a whole be fixed till then?
Old 13th November 2011, 21:43   #881
BHPian

Hi guys, found these 2 videos on youtube which explain esp really well. for those of you who plan to get the w6 variant and spend the 1 lakh saved on accessories please dont. the esp available on the w8 variant can be a real life saver for you and your family and also some kid who may suddenly run across the road in front of your xuv

dockap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 22:59   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Referring to more photos won't help. What I am saying is that, 2 white XUVs, one in sun and one in shade can be captured to show the exact same shade of white, if the photographer has set the white-balance setting correct while clicking each of the snaps.

What I meant by my post is, has anybody who has seen the white XUV "in person" (and NOT in photos) mentioned that it looks dramatically different in sun as against shade?

Human eyes are way more sophisticated than cameras.
Cant comment about the authenticity but the XUV fb page has an image showing 8 colors of XUV and not seven as officially shown on the website or the brochures
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-colors.jpg  

Old 14th November 2011, 01:07   #883
BHPian

Quote:

There were no major glitch's in the previous versions but this one seems to have improved the touch response and is faster. And i think all companies make improvements or change parts with initial response. No matter how much the cars are tested its the customer feedback that matters.

I wonder how will you react to know that an ECU firmware upgrade has also been released.

Mahindra has a very good backup support for this vehicle they have eye's on every customer feedback. From SALES to SERVICE to the CAR it self

Last edited by noidaboy : 14th November 2011 at 01:08.
Old 14th November 2011, 01:12   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Cant comment about the authenticity but the XUV fb page has an image showing 8 colors of XUV and not seven as officially shown on the website or the brochures
Silver,White,Black,Green,Purple,Grey,Red

But W6 has limited colors and White is not available and W8 AWD does not have Silver.
Old 14th November 2011, 07:31   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Silver,White,Black,Green,Purple,Grey,Red

But W6 has limited colors and White is not available and W8 AWD does not have Silver.
My comment was for the two shades of white that's been discussed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks