Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:07   #976
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
It was the display vehicle (Inside the showroom)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think the red color vehicle has an issue or had an accident since its parked in front of their body shop inside HSR
Thanks for the info guys. My red W8 is due for delivery is on Friday from the same dealer.

But how can I make sure the car I'm getting isn't the one that was on display?
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:30   #977
MAS
Senior - BHPian

On the same topic. The dealer Zulaikha Motors in Velachery had three XUV's (White W8, Grey and Moon beam silver W6) on the first floor as display vehicles. Today, they just have one (White W8). The other two seem to have been delivered to unsuspecting customers.

I saw the way the display cars were "man-handled". I pity the guys who bought the car.
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:18   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Everyone,
We have got delivery of our Silver XUV5OO and I have started a new thread for the ownership experience on the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...vs-xuv5oo.html

Incidentally, as some other members also mentioned, in our case too, Sterling motors Gurgaon tried to push the Display unit to us, which we outrightly rejected - it was in quite an abused condition. Request all XUV buyers to stay away from display units, they have been badly manhandled by 1000s of visitors for 2-3 months! They may also not have the changes that Mahindra has done as product improvements recently.
Some of the things which I noticed:
1) Height and position of centre arm rest
2) Clutch is softer
3) Gears slot smoothly
4) Change in colour of centre console (fit + finish drastically improved)
5) ECU updates

Regards,
Behemoth

Does it mean the newer lot is coming up with these changes , or you just got a better piece of equipment just by chance/ luck.
As I mentioned earlier in my post, KONCEPT Safdarjung was not aware of any changes whatsoever.
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:52   #979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Thanks for the info guys. My red W8 is due for delivery is on Friday from the same dealer.

Am wondering the latest deliveries are not co-ordinated by the parent company? From some of the posts, I read that the intimation of the delivery date has been provided by the M&M customer care.

You could call up the customer care and get the VIN of your car. You can cross check this while PDI. If not, please do spend a lot of time trying to look for wear & tear in the interiors like seats, dash, navigation screen, & the plastic near the foot well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Does it mean the newer lot is coming up with these changes , or you just got a better piece of equipment just by chance/ luck.
As I mentioned earlier in my post, KONCEPT Safdarjung was not aware of any changes whatsoever.
Guess he meant to say that the updates have been implemented in all vehicles manufactured now. They will NOT manufacture just 1 or 2 vehicles with the updates. Guess Koncept is focussing on extracting premium from customers rather than on the improvement updates!
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:07   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Am wondering the latest deliveries are not co-ordinated by the parent company? From some of the posts, I read that the intimation of the delivery date has been provided by the M&M customer care.

You could call up the customer care and get the VIN of your car. You can cross check this while PDI. If not, please do spend a lot of time trying to look for wear & tear in the interiors like seats, dash, navigation screen, & the plastic near the foot well.
Tried this and the response I got from Mahindra in my case was to get in touch with dealer. They said chassis number allocation was being done at the dealer level.
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:23   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess he meant to say that the updates have been implemented in all vehicles manufactured now. They will NOT manufacture just 1 or 2 vehicles with the updates. Guess Koncept is focussing on extracting premium from customers rather than on the improvement updates!
So what happens to the ones which was manufactured before these changes? How will we as a customer know what all have been updated and can ask for the same from dealer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Tried this and the response I got from Mahindra in my case was to get in touch with dealer. They said chassis number allocation was being done at the dealer level.
I am so sick and tired of this mess now. I have never ever had such an experience in my life. I had Ford, Skoda and TATA, all not known for their customer service, but still was happy with them. They didn't had this much pain to give. After this horrible event is over (when i get the delivery), i would need a big big break
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:42   #982
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you let the customer care agent know about the problems? Read the below post - create as much noise you can and grab all the attention. That's the best way to ensure a safe delivery. And even the below post says about getting the VIN from company than dealer.

Another route is to try and get the contact of some senior guys [you could try some owners who went thru bad times and were finally helped out by senior guys from M&M] and talk to the guys straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Yes and they took it quite seriously. Two of the senior staff were in touch with me and even visited me at the dealership at rama road to ensure every thing was as per my expectations.

Its advisable to stick to the vin number of your car that you got directly from Mahindra, if you have not got any call them and get one ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
So what happens to the ones which was manufactured before these changes? How will we as a customer know what all have been updated and can ask for the same from dealer?
Follow team-bhp reports! I guess M&M as a company might inform you about the changes as some one reported a couple of pages back. Please do follow the FB page as well. Or as and when people update, please check with the A$$ too. I guess this will be more applicable to the engine / transmission etc. You may not have the liberty to get the updates on the ergonomic front, fit / finish etc. But then for those customers, they got the car with the introductory price.
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:46   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
On the same topic. The dealer Zulaikha Motors in Velachery had three XUV's (White W8, Grey and Moon beam silver W6) on the first floor as display vehicles. Today, they just have one (White W8). The other two seem to have been delivered to unsuspecting customers.

I saw the way the display cars were "man-handled". I pity the guys who bought the car.
Since its not a TD vehicle and just a display vehicle, how much can a display car be "man-handled" ??
Max I can foresee people slamming the door shut.
Could you please let us know what the people were doing to these cars ?
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:56   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Did you let the customer care agent know about the problems? Read the below post - create as much noise you can and grab all the attention. That's the best way to ensure a safe delivery. And even the below post says about getting the VIN from company than dealer.

Another route is to try and get the contact of some senior guys [you could try some owners who went thru bad times and were finally helped out by senior guys from M&M] and talk to the guys straight.
I have contacted customer care, ASM of Delhi, Head of customer care of Mahindra, Anand Mahindra on twitter. No response from anyone from Mahindra yet on the fiasco
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:06   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have contacted customer care, ASM of Delhi, Head of customer care of Mahindra, Anand Mahindra on twitter. No response from anyone from Mahindra yet on the fiasco
I have just PM you with Koncept VP and other senior people ID's.
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:54   #986
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post

Display car (atleast the one i saw at workshop) had stickers on it. Carrying a print of TBHP check list before PDI would help.
Old 22nd November 2011, 21:02   #987
BHPian

Rediff has a nice report on the making of XUV500. It seems this is the first M&M SUV designed totally in India.

How Mahindra developed XUV500. The true story
Old 22nd November 2011, 22:43   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Since its not a TD vehicle and just a display vehicle, how much can a display car be "man-handled" ??
For starters you can read my experience with display car here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2585083
Old 22nd November 2011, 23:46   #989
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Imagine hundreds of people climbing in and out of the car. Children jumping and banging the car. People mercilessly changing gears, using the switches as a toy and not to mention the numerous scratches and marks that are made.

I would like my car to be factory fresh and not be "handled" by these hundreds.

I happen to see a family of 6 sitting inside the XUV and trying everything that they could lay their hands on.
Old 23rd November 2011, 06:14   #990
BHPian

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
Sidwadia: Can you PM me the insurance guys number? I would like to get a quote too.
Hi Nikhilesh,
Can't seem to PM you. Pls PM me ur email id/ phone no & I wil forwrd u the contact details of my agent.
Cheers
Sid

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks