Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 00:54   #961
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
I stayed there with my kids and wife till 7 PM when the car finally arrived.
There was another shock in store...
I was surprised to see that the car had following problems that I sited despite it was night:-
This part is atrocious! Did you inform M&M about the crappy PDI incident? Did you take some pics of the delivery car as well?

Anyway happy to know that a wrong call actually helped you in getting the car 2 months in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Had a disappointing day at Koncept Lajpat Nagar today. I'm disgusted by the unprofessional behaviour of Koncpet. Would advise people against booking any car at this dealer.
I request you NOT to leave the matter easily. Please create as such racket you could and let the parent company know that Koncept is NOT great. You could also refer to th incident where one of the bhpians were threatened NOT to allot XUV if he was not willing to buy insurance from the dealer. Unless we make some noise, things will not fall in place.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd November 2011 at 00:59.
Old 22nd November 2011, 00:58   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This part is atrocious! Did you inform M&M about the crappy PDI incident? Did you take some pics of the delivery car as well?

Anyway happy to know that a wrong call actually helped you in getting the car 2 months in advance.
Yes and they took it quite seriously. Two of the senior staff were in touch with me and even visited me at the dealership at rama road to ensure every thing was as per my expectations.

The scenario is that Mahindra dispatched 1500 cars BEFORE even bookings were open to dealers. Some of those cars were used as demo/display objects and looking at the response they got each damo car had a footfall of atleast 1000s each day. Where will those car go? obviously they will be delivered to customers interested in out of turn deliveries or babus etc. Its advisable to stick to the vin number of your car that you got directly from Mahindra, if you have not got any call them and get one ASAP.

Last edited by rohitbagai : 22nd November 2011 at 01:10.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 01:12   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I request you NOT to leave the matter easily. Please create as such racket you could and let the parent company know that Koncept is NOT great. You could also refer to th incident where one of the bhpians were threatened NOT to allot XUV if he was not willing to buy insurance from the dealer. Unless we make some noise, things will not fall in place.
And that poor bhpian would me
Yes i also agree with you here. Like me, he too needs to put his step down and take them to cleaners.
Old 22nd November 2011, 07:40   #964
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Secondly, Since Mahindra is diectly processing bookings, i doubt if dealer could play game here.
There are enough loopholes that can be exploited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
I'm calling bullshit on the dent theory. Most likely they have gone ahead and sold my allotted car to someone else at a premium and are now scrambling to provide me with one.
Quote:
I doubt they could sell the other car for a premium to some one else; but you never know! And I am wondering how come they offer a grey which most probably could have been allotted to some one else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
One of my friends just took an XUV W6 home, he did not have any booking , had an urgency as sister was getting married, thought of buying the XUV on 13th and took delivery on 21st. I was baffled, asked him how? "Dealer owner is father's best friend, a black xuv due for delivery to a poor chap, told him grey is available not black and showed on paper that customer changed color preference"

It is happening friends, be strict on your original choice and don t be fooled.
A friend who is close to a dealer told me that the "premium" is about 1 lakh Rs and I don't believe that the dealer is playing with ONLY cancelled bookings.
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:32   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I just PM you with my chassis #. In fact i had to go through the same pain like you. I did all the follow up. Was on their head to give me chassis # which they finally provided last week. The only followup they did was for the margin money. That wanted me to pay all upfront in the starting of November and only then they can give me the car on 20th.
Shows the unprofessional behaviour and that they are only after money.

Quote:
Did you receive any calls from M&M on the delivery times? You should have ideally taken the VIN too. At least the VIN of the car which is said to have the dent. Post it over on t-bhp and some fellow members could avoid getting the car.
In hindsight it was my mistake to not get the chassis number and VIN number. I have asked for it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The only probablity that i could think of is that the person in que, who is scheduled to get the car, cancelled the booking at the dealership without informing Mahindra.
I doubt it. There are other posts from members with examples of manipulations. See below and other posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
One of my friends just took an XUV W6 home, he did not have any booking , had an urgency as sister was getting married, thought of buying the XUV on 13th and took delivery on 21st. I was baffled, asked him how? "Dealer owner is father's best friend, a black xuv due for delivery to a poor chap, told him grey is available not black and showed on paper that customer changed color preference"

It is happening friends, be strict on your original choice and don t be fooled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
There are enough loopholes that can be exploited.

A friend who is close to a dealer told me that the "premium" is about 1 lakh Rs and I don't believe that the dealer is playing with ONLY cancelled bookings.

I am standing by my choice.

Quote:

I have sent a stinker to Mahindra ASM, Puneet Sethi and Customer care. Awaiting response.
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:37   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Saw these two guys standing side by side to each other in our company parking lot. Apologies for the picture quality as they are taken from my mobile, also the background light doesn't help much.

Width wise both see to be of same size. Fortuner has a higher ground clearance and I felt that it was more imposing as compared to XUV. Also the height at which driver seats is higher in Fortuner.
Add to it almost a 10 lacs price difference , for which u get a tried and tested vehicle (Fortuner) with a much better road presence and Toyota quality.
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:47   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Add to it almost a 10 lacs price difference , for which u get a tried and tested vehicle (Fortuner) with a much better road presence and Toyota quality.
Thats true, these are vehicles from different segments. Posted this picture so that people get an idea of what they get.

There is a safari around in the parking lot, hope I can catch it standing along with XUV sometime. I think that would be a fair comparison.
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:36   #968
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Everyone,
We have got delivery of our Silver XUV5OO and I have started a new thread for the ownership experience on the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...vs-xuv5oo.html

Incidentally, as some other members also mentioned, in our case too, Sterling motors Gurgaon tried to push the Display unit to us, which we outrightly rejected - it was in quite an abused condition. Request all XUV buyers to stay away from display units, they have been badly manhandled by 1000s of visitors for 2-3 months! They may also not have the changes that Mahindra has done as product improvements recently.
Some of the things which I noticed:
1) Height and position of centre arm rest
2) Clutch is softer
3) Gears slot smoothly
4) Change in colour of centre console (fit + finish drastically improved)
5) ECU updates

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:01   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Did you receive any calls from M&M on the delivery times? You should have ideally taken the VIN too. At least the VIN of the car which is said to have the dent. Post it over on t-bhp and some fellow members could avoid getting the car.

I doubt they could sell the other car for a premium to some one else; but you never know! And I am wondering how come they offer a grey which most probably could have been allotted to some one else.

Would not like to name the dealer or person. But I know one in Delhi who has got the car in the 1st week itself, without any prior booking. Only thing that he did was - a phone call from some politician , that's it :(
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:19   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth
Hi Everyone,
We have got delivery of our Silver XUV5OO and I have started a new thread for the ownership experience on the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...vs-xuv5oo.html

Incidentally, as some other members also mentioned, in our case too, Sterling motors Gurgaon tried to push the Display unit to us, which we outrightly rejected - it was in quite an abused condition. Request all XUV buyers to stay away from display units, they have been badly manhandled by 1000s of visitors for 2-3 months! They may also not have the changes that Mahindra has done as product improvements recently.
Some of the things which I noticed:
1) Height and position of centre arm rest
2) Clutch is softer
3) Gears slot smoothly
4) Change in colour of centre console (fit + finish drastically improved)
5) ECU updates

Regards,
Behemoth
On the same note, I went to SKS automobiles on Bannerghatta Road in Bangalore. The SE told me that they are changing the display vehicle every 2 days and are selling the same to customers. I asked what if the vehicles get scratched and damaged. He said, its not a problem since they will rectify the damage before delivery to customers. They had a red colored vehicle on display for a few days and now have a black one.
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:40   #971
BHPian

Update: Went to the stockyard where many XUV's were parked. Got to see my Silver W6 and found no dents/scratches etc. Deciphered the VIN to Oct 2011 make and dispatch was on 9th November from the plant.

As I suspected I did not see any Silver with a dent as described by the dealer. He was just taking me for a ride.

Now awaiting delivery tomorrow after proper PDI by Koncept guys. Will go with the Team-Bhp PDI sheet to be absolutely sure.

Off Topic: Koncept is also a Hyundai dealer and saw many many i20's and Eon's in the yard as well. The eOn looks absolutely stunning in flesh and looks miles ahead of the Alto. Wonder what Maruti's response will be for the eOn.

Last edited by LastActionHero : 22nd November 2011 at 15:41.
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:49   #972
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
On the same note, I went to SKS automobiles on Bannerghatta Road in Bangalore. The SE told me that they are changing the display vehicle every 2 days and are selling the same to customers. I asked what if the vehicles get scratched and damaged. He said, its not a problem since they will rectify the damage before delivery to customers. They had a red colored vehicle on display for a few days and now have a black one.
This is appalling to say the least.

At the Thane dealer where I got the TD, the TD vehicles had special graphics/decals on the side saying "Experience ....". So those were definitely TD/demo vehicles.

At the same time, for my 2nd TD, I got a white XUV which did not had any decals. Hope it was not a vehicle of an unsuspecting customer.
Old 22nd November 2011, 16:38   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Is it just display vehicle or a TD vehicle. I think there is a big difference in this. If its just displayed then damage will be small but still this is unwarranted as any person would like his vehicle not to be handled by other people.
Old 22nd November 2011, 16:48   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Is it just display vehicle or a TD vehicle. I think there is a big difference in this. If its just displayed then damage will be small but still this is unwarranted as any person would like his vehicle not to be handled by other people.
It was the display vehicle (Inside the showroom)
Old 22nd November 2011, 16:49   #975
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They had a red colored vehicle on display for a few days and now have a black one.
I think the red color vehicle has an issue or had an accident since its parked in front of their body shop inside HSR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks