Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 15:24   #2371
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Why is there a Maruti Suzuki logo on the front bumper of the XUV5OO in some pics?
Old 3rd May 2012, 15:29   #2372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post

Why is there a Maruti Suzuki logo on the front bumper of the XUV5OO in some pics?
Because the event was called the Maruti Suzuki Dakshin Dare challenge.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:32   #2373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Isn't the sequencing logic and system managed by the corporate? How is the Area Sales Office going to help in arriving at the delivery date (Customer Promised Date)?
I believe they havent even made the sequencing priority for delivery till now. only after prioritising draw the customercare would get a probable delivery date. probably we have to wait till the end of next week to get our information
geeash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:01   #2374
BHPian

Called up the customer care to find out the booking status. They are still singing the same song: you will get a call back from Dealer by first week of May. When I reminded him that the first week of May will be getting over in another 20 working hours, there was a long pause from the customer care executive. Then he added a few words to his previous sentence "As per the information we have till now from the production house" customers who booked will be informed about the delivery date in first week of May.

Its very frustrating to see that M&M is not even able to provide an approximate delivery date even after more than 3 weeks of time. At least the customer executive confirmed my booking entered in their system by reading out the variant and color I have chosen.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 3rd May 2012 at 20:12.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 23:26   #2375
BHPian

Anyone has an idea about Automatic version of XUV 5OO and its launch time?
Old 4th May 2012, 08:18   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit_relan View Post
Last I heard was that Mahidra research Vally is developing an automatic gear box, that will be used in XUV(TOI). May be it will take a while.
Old 4th May 2012, 10:36   #2377

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
After three unfulfilled promises from the dealer, I finally escalated it to M&M's customer care. Surprisingly, they have forwarded my concern about not getting the delivery date to the Area Sales Manager in Pune. Isn't the sequencing logic and system managed by the corporate? How is the Area Sales Office going to help in arriving at the delivery date (Customer Promised Date)?
I am not sure if the sequencing system is managed by the corporate anymore. Yesterday, I got a call from India Garage telling me that they will receive about 13 vehicles in the next 10-15 days and will allot one to me - my variant (W8) and my colour ( Purple). I asked him that I should have got a call from M&M on this but he said that they have allotted some vehicles to the dealers and he is giving me from that allotted lot. I am a little concerned if there is some kind of foul play here by the dealers now. I think M&M owes an explanation on this change in process. Can anybody please give me the phone number of the M&M Area Sales Manager/ Relationship Manager in Bangalore?
Old 4th May 2012, 14:10   #2378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupin22 View Post
Yesterday, I got a call from India Garage telling me that they will receive about 13 vehicles in the next 10-15 days and will allot one to me - my variant (W8) and my colour ( Purple). I am a little concerned if there is some kind of foul play here by the dealers now. I think M&M owes an explanation on this change in process. Can anybody please give me the phone number of the M&M Area Sales Manager/ Relationship Manager in Bangalore?
I also received a call similar to this. But in my case they were asking me to pay the full amount and a vehicle will be allocated to me within 15 days. I feel a bit fishy about this. I have called the Area sales manager, but he didn't respond for my calls early morning. Will try again. PMing you Area sale manager contact details.

EDIT: I couldn't send you PM as you are having newbie status now, and you have chosen not to receive emails from TBHP, hence cant mail as well.

EDIT: Talked to the area sales manager just now. Indeed the calls are authentic and with M&M approval. As per the Area sales manager, now the production capacity increased and M&M is able to bill around 200 cars per day. So they are almost completing the second phase of booking as well now. After that they are giving priority to customers who are paying full amount and they will arrange the delivery in 15 days.
Thanks
HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 4th May 2012 at 14:27.
Old 4th May 2012, 15:11   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Last I heard was that Mahidra research Vally is developing an automatic gear box, that will be used in XUV(TOI). May be it will take a while.
Thanks a lot. I have been waiting for the AT version. I sold my Scorpio Spl edition within 4 months of purchasing the same. Well there were other reasons as well....Let's see when do they launch the AT. I did ask them a question on the official FB page but there has been no response.
Old 4th May 2012, 15:11   #2380

Quote:
I also received a call similar to this. But in my case they were asking me to pay the full amount and a vehicle will be allocated to me within 15 days. I feel a bit fishy about this. I have called the Area sales manager, but he didn't respond for my calls early morning. Will try again. PMing you Area sale manager contact details.

EDIT: I couldn't send you PM as you are having newbie status now, and you have chosen not to receive emails from TBHP, hence cant mail as well.

EDIT: Talked to the area sales manager just now. Indeed the calls are authentic and with M&M approval. As per the Area sales manager, now the production capacity increased and M&M is able to bill around 200 cars per day. So they are almost completing the second phase of booking as well now. After that they are giving priority to customers who are paying full amount and they will arrange the delivery in 15 days.
Thanks
HCP
Thanks very much HCP. I will edit the settings so that I can get a PM from you. It is assuring that you have spoken to the Area Sales Manager of M&M and have confirmed that these are authorized by M&M. I was surprised and taken aback when they called me and told me that they have the car ready for delivery within 15 days and suddenly started wondering if something was fishy. M&M should have communicated to us about this change in process. I agree that it may be a difficult thing for M&M to put all things in place. Having said that, it is all about setting expectations. The expectation set was that I would receive a call from M&M telling me the customer promised date. Customers would then have the expectation that this is the process and any changes to this process will always have to be communicated either through their website or by individual emails/SMS/Phone Calls. I hope that somebody from M&M is looking at the TeamBHP forum.
Old 4th May 2012, 15:27   #2381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit_relan View Post
It best not to wait for the Auto XUV. Manual is selling like hot cakes and still has a waiting period. I doubt M&M will launch one in the near future. I would say we can look forward to it for Diwali 2013. If they are just designing one, the need to test it both in factory as well as on a test mule on the street.

If you are planning to buy one, either settle for Manual XUV or some other Automatic (Scorpio et all).
Old 4th May 2012, 19:44   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
HCP
I had been to Sireesh Auto today to check the status of my booking. Here is what they said. I have about two months to pay the full amount. Once I pay the full amount, I would get delivery within fifteen days. According to them, fifteen days is what it takes for the cheetah to be delivered from the factory to showroom. I was also told that Mahindra has started producing XUV from their plant in Chennai and as a result the monthly production has increased. I am not sure how true this is.

-- Wind

Last edited by Wind : 4th May 2012 at 19:50.
Wind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 01:34   #2383
BHPian

My XUV is getting close to first service so i was going through the service manual to see what things will need to be changed during first service. The oil change interval for XUV seems to be once in 20,000 kms (except for the first 2 changes at 5k and later at 20k). I was wondering what type of engine oil Mahindra use (service manual mentions some oil with Mahindra name 15W40 spec) because every other vehicle with even synthetic engine oil the oil change interval is 10k to max 15k(in skoda). anyone who has serviced their XUV know what engine oil is used and how it lasts for 20k?
Old 5th May 2012, 07:19   #2384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
I have about two months to pay the full amount. Once I pay the full amount, I would get delivery within fifteen days.

-- Wind
Quote:
. But in my case they were asking me to pay the full amount and a vehicle will be allocated to me within 15 days.
HCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupin22 View Post
Yesterday, I got a call from India Garage telling me that they will receive about 13 vehicles in the next 10-15 days and will allot one to me - my variant (W8) and my colour ( Purple).
This is news to me. all along i have been waiting to get a call from M&M to get expected date of delivery and now such thing is happening. ill call my dealer today and enquire
Old 5th May 2012, 13:12   #2385
BHPian

hey guys... bookings re-opening mid-june mostly. by the way, I am completely out of touch of the XUV threads, so any changes in gearbox and general improvement by the company in the second lot compared to the first lot?

saw a green XUV the other day. looks fab! reminds me of the land rover green!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks