Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2012, 02:01   #2491
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

i too have seen many mahindra cars including XUV's somewhere in panvel, where I visit almost regularly for work purpose. all lying since many days and accumulating dust! maybe there is some problem in delivering the cars faster.. M&M needs to push the deliveries faster to even stop losing waiting customers.

Last edited by magikrider : 20th May 2012 at 02:02.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:35   #2492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Congratulations HCP!

I'm sure you are going to enjoy the new ride and it will take you many places / miles.
What accessories you have in mind at the time of delivery and within few days of delivery!
Took the delivery yesterday. A really good buying experience. Everything was in order and there was no put downs by the dealer, a thumps up to Sireesh auto and especially the sales person Srikanth I dealt with.

As of now, I have added floor mats and Scuff plates. PLanning to run it as is for few weeks to get a feel of the vehicle and then may be I will add the reverse camera if required. Thats all for now.

And surprisingly my Android phone (SE X10i) got paired with the ICE and even downloaded all contacts. The in call sound quality also improved a lot. This was one thing never worked in the test drive vehicle.

Another thing I noticed: The M&M dealers apply a wax polish kind of thing on the interior plastic actually making it look cheaper. Without applying this, the interior looks much richer. This is something M&M should look at. I liked the way the interiors as from factory though not sure that is the way everyone likes it.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 20th May 2012 at 10:42.
Old 20th May 2012, 23:26   #2493
BHPian

has anyone got any info on whether M&M are going to accept bookings for the AWD version in the 3rd round? as i read somewhere that they weren't doing so in the 2nd round earlier this year. only the FWD version bookings were accepted.
Old 21st May 2012, 13:56   #2494

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Took the delivery yesterday. A really good buying experience. Everything was in order and there was no put downs by the dealer, a thumps up to Sireesh auto and especially the sales person Srikanth I dealt with.

As of now, I have added floor mats and Scuff plates. PLanning to run it as is for few weeks to get a feel of the vehicle and then may be I will add the reverse camera if required. Thats all for now.

And surprisingly my Android phone (SE X10i) got paired with the ICE and even downloaded all contacts. The in call sound quality also improved a lot. This was one thing never worked in the test drive vehicle.

Another thing I noticed: The M&M dealers apply a wax polish kind of thing on the interior plastic actually making it look cheaper. Without applying this, the interior looks much richer. This is something M&M should look at. I liked the way the interiors as from factory though not sure that is the way everyone likes it.

-HCP
Me too took delivery from India Garage on Friday. W8. The delivery process was smooth. Thanks to the 60 point checklist that was put up on TeamBHP, I did look at all aspects and found them satisfactory. I just added the door "protectors" and rain visors. I am already feeling the necessity of a reverse camera. The visibility when backing up is very less and in crowded areas becomes a very slow and cautious process. Is it better that I get the reverse camera at the showroom or should it be an aftermarket thing? The ride has been good so far. Nothing major to report back. I have not done many kilometers yet nor have gone beyond 80 KMPH. I tried searching the manual for a "not to exceed x kmph before you clock 500 kms" kind of an instruction. Should I be not exceeding a certain speed until I clock a few 100 kilometers?
Finally, thanks to the discussions on the forum, I am fairly well educated now on the XUV and I am sure I will find answers to my dumbest of questions on this forum.
Keep up the great job, Team-BHP!
Old 21st May 2012, 16:11   #2495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Technically Yes. As long as the vehicle is not registered in RTO in Hyderabad, YOU will be the first owner. You/dealer can drive on a Temp registration from Hyderabad to Chennai and regsiter it. Its a pain in the neck though and not sure if the dealer can help you
This means that the name while booking for XUV and the name at registration can be two different things? They will obviously not be linked?

Quote:
One way is to check with the "relationship managers" stationed at Mahindra A.S.S and they could chalk out a way. Who knows you might be lucky enough to get a vehicle in chennai itself (If someone cancelled his booking due to personal reasons).
I checked Chennai, no vehicle cancellation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
@Bharath: I don't think that is feasible, as you know the taxation of the new cars are different for different states and also I don't think RTA office in Chennai will agree until you pay the life time tax in Chennai to get it registered. Though you can claim the tax paid in Andhra Pradesh on a later date but as you never know when that will come as it has to come from AP States RTA. I think only exception is when you don't have dealer in Chennai/TN. It is always good to check with the dealer because he needs to mention the place of registration in Form-20, and if he is allowed to do so while getting the TR.
Taxation though is different, the point is can I drive home the beast from Hyderabad and Register in Chennai? If yes, the additional cost of Tax at HYD and CHN is fine as long as I will get back the one in HYD - even if it takes a year or two.

With the temporary registration mentioned by Bharath, does it automatically mean the place of registration is different?

Yesterday I was driving from Bangalore to Chennai and I saw an XUV that had yellow color "temporary registration" number stuck in the rear windshield. I wanted to stop him, ask him why temporary registration, but that is when I had to get into the Toll road at Silk Board and the XUV went below the toll road. I did not have the time to follow him to ask for it.
Old 21st May 2012, 16:22   #2496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaraja View Post
Yesterday I was driving from Bangalore to Chennai and I saw an XUV that had yellow color "temporary registration" number stuck in the rear windshield. I wanted to stop him, ask him why temporary registration, but that is when I had to get into the Toll road at Silk Board and the XUV went below the toll road. I did not have the time to follow him to ask for it.
Since XUV is not sold in smaller towns, many people must be buying it from metros and drive it to their places (with temp registration) and get it registered there eventually.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 17:16   #2497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaraja View Post
This means that the name while booking for XUV and the name at registration can be two different things? They will obviously not be linked?

Taxation though is different, the point is can I drive home the beast from Hyderabad and Register in Chennai? If yes, the additional cost of Tax at HYD and CHN is fine as long as I will get back the one in HYD - even if it takes a year or two.

With the temporary registration mentioned by Bharath, does it automatically mean the place of registration is different?
Temporary registration is used for cases like say driving from Yard to showroom, showroom to RTO, waiting till a "fancy number" series is released by RTO etc. You can also drive the same interstate using T/R plates. T/R is "re-usable" so once you get your XUV registered in Chennai, you parent HYD dealer will re-use the same on another vehicle.

Hope this works for you - Drive on a T/R plate from HYD - CHN. go to the Mahindra dealer and he will do the registration for you (For a fee). This will leave you a hassle free experience. I have not had the smoothest of experiences from Chennai RTO.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 18:16   #2498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
i too have seen many mahindra cars including XUV's somewhere in panvel, where I visit almost regularly for work purpose. all lying since many days and accumulating dust! maybe there is some problem in delivering the cars faster.. M&M needs to push the deliveries faster to even stop losing waiting customers.
Thats the dealer's yard in Panvel where the vehicles are unloaded from the transport & parked pending delivery.
Old 21st May 2012, 19:28   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
Hope this works for you - Drive on a T/R plate from HYD - CHN. go to the Mahindra dealer and he will do the registration for you (For a fee). This will leave you a hassle free experience. I have not had the smoothest of experiences from Chennai RTO.
Krishna, my advice would be to contact the dealer in Hyderabad and also some RTA agent in Chennai and find out if he can register a new vehicle that has been brought from a different state with a T/R number. Legally speaking I think we cannot drive interstate with the T/R number, it is our confidence that no one will catch us, It is not allowed. In the form-20 that is issued by the dealer he has to mention which RTO office you are going to register with. As I can understand with the process, AP transport has an integrated SMART (e governance) system which allows all the RTO offices to have the data of vehicles accessible, but I am not sure if this is shared with other states. I think it is not about the life time tax, the AP state also charges the VAT and I am sure no state would allow you to escape this. So I think this is the reason why states doesn't allow to take vehicles across the states. I would have loved it if this would have been the case, I would go to a state which has less taxes and would then drive down to my home town and get it registered. In that case people from Karnataka would have loved to do it and buy all the vehicles from the neighboring states. And I would have loved to buy all my vehicles in Yanam (Pudicherry teritorry in AP) which has minimum taxes.
vrrraju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 19:37   #2500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
In that case people from Karnataka would have loved to do it and buy all the vehicles from the neighboring states. And I would have loved to buy all my vehicles in Yanam (Pudicherry teritorry in AP) which has minimum taxes.
Why just interstates, municipal corporations are not even allowing intercities within the same state. Today IAB carried this news: Brihanmumbai Muncipal Corporation (BMC) is carrying out a drive in which you would have to pay a 4.5% octroi on your vehicle if it is being used in Mumbai and registered outside. Vehicles bearing the registration number MH 01, MH 02, MH 03 belong to Mumbai, any other number conveys that your vehicle is registered elsewhere and might attract the eyes of the officials.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 19:39   #2501
BHPian

I think its possible. My friend bought his i10 in Rajasthan and registered his vehicle in his home state Uttranchal without even taking the vehicle there.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 08:51   #2502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post

-HCP
Congratulations again!

Good hear that the experience was very good, I'm dealing with Ravindra for past more than couple of my interactions, though my sales rep shows up as Naveen who never returns a call or respond in time.

Do you think sending a request to the dealer on not applying the wax on interior would be enough to avoid it! I'm on budget so not going to go for many accessories, but since its W6, I would go for the alloy on the day one if possible and later after sometime, I may take it to Karlson for some better seat cover job.

Read about your break experience on the other thread, should keep that in mind and hoping to get that behavior changed in future.
Wish you many happy miles with the new ride and hoping to see an ownership thread / some pictures of the new ride.
Drive safe!
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:48   #2503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Congratulations again!
Read about your break experience on the other thread, should keep that in mind and hoping to get that behavior changed in future.
Wish you many happy miles with the new ride and hoping to see an ownership thread / some pictures of the new ride.
Drive safe!
Thanks Ketan. My OPtra used to like a higher rev band in every gear, I am still learning to shift up earlier through the gears as per XUV Owners manual. As of now everything is smooth.

Regarding brake behavior I have talked to my RM, and he says that is how the XUV brakes are designed (as I expected that they would tell). I told him that if this is the design, it is not solving customers problem and needs to be redesigned to make it functional as in other cars in market. I clearly stated him my problem is not the stopping power, but the relatively long travel of brake pedal without any effective braking, and to cover that distance my leg will take almost 1 second after the reaction started by my brain, so I am losing out almost 1 second during every braking. That is not expected from a car that can do 190+ KMPH. He said he is taking the feedback to M&M, but not sure I would ever get to see some response.

I will post pics and ownership soon.

Thanks.
-HCP
Old 22nd May 2012, 18:15   #2504
BHPian

No Offenses to anyone, but I alongwith 2 other persons (that I know personally) don't have any issues with the brakes.

Not sure what people expect from brakes, or they tend to drive at such speeds where it is not possible to control car anyways.
OR
may they tend to put pressure on brake pedal at the last moment only.

I have been using my W6 for 5000 kms now & been on Highways (4.5K out of those 5K) but hardly faced any issues apart from screeching sound of tyres (in case of very severe brake pressure applied).
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:40   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar
No Offenses to anyone, but I alongwith 2 other persons (that I know personally) don't have any issues with the brakes.

Not sure what people expect from brakes, or they tend to drive at such speeds where it is not possible to control car anyways.
OR
may they tend to put pressure on brake pedal at the last moment only.

I have been using my W6 for 5000 kms now & been on Highways (4.5K out of those 5K) but hardly faced any issues apart from screeching sound of tyres (in case of very severe brake pressure applied).
Please pay a visit to XUV Niggles thread and you will realize how many people are facing break issues (break pad making screeching sound, and MM has agreed upon the issue and are in process of rectifying it), along with bunch o other issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks