Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2012, 13:50   #2596
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

If you have money, go for W8. A couplr of features like ESP, Leather seats and alloys will cover the additional cost easily.
However, in my opinion, ESP can be one of the important features that can be missed considering this is a good tourer and will be used on highways/high speed a lot. Though its difficult to prove its worthiness. Regarding side+curtain airbags, I'm not very sure how much is that going to be missed. As long as passangers are belted and driven safe, those may find its purpose on rare situatioins (lesser than the situations where ESP will be missed) and will be good to have. All-in-all, if you have that extra 1.75L (for OTR price), go for it. Else, W6 will prove to be a good vehicle anyways.
Old 8th June 2012, 13:54   #2597
BHPian

Any chance that Mahindra will be launching a W8 with Automatic Transmission in near future?

Fortuner launch of AT in 4x2 variant was a deal breaker for me as I was waiting eagerly for the AT. And I am not sure if I want to spend 30 lakhs to buy the Q3 because of its low ground clearance or for that matter a Santa Fe which is due for a facelift and does not have the premium brand appeal
Old 8th June 2012, 14:13   #2598
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
6. Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Rollover Mitigation -- Are these really important for normal city and highway driving with very little chance of off-roading
I doubt, ESP would make a difference while off-roading. Emergency braking and high speed turns/lane-changes are situations where ESP would make a HUGE difference in maintaining control of the vehicle.

Please check out "Torque-day" video by TBHPian and journalist BunnyPunia posted a few pages back. He was pushing the XUV around the corners on the Budh circuit and ESP was kicking in regularly to ensure that the vehicle did not fishtail/topple.
Old 8th June 2012, 14:24   #2599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I doubt, ESP would make a difference while off-roading.
...and ESP was kicking in regularly to ensure that the vehicle did not fishtail/topple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
If you have money, go for W8. A couplr of features like ESP, Leather seats and alloys will cover the additional cost easily.
However, in my opinion, ESP can be one of the important features that can be missed considering this is a good tourer and will be used on highways/high speed a lot.
I think that finalises the model...

Thanks

FundaG
Old 8th June 2012, 14:36   #2600

Booked the W8 White model today morning There were 2 other buyers along with me - same color and model. Now the wait starts for delivery date from Mahindra!
Old 8th June 2012, 14:45   #2601
BHPian

Had contacted TVS in kerala for the booking details. The person said in case of cancellation 5000Rs would be deducted from the 40k paid. Is this the usual way or is it some dealer specific policy.

FundaG
Old 8th June 2012, 15:20   #2602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse
Good to see that an Indian manufacturer M&M's XUV 500 has been voted as the best car by Team-BHP. That certainly shows that M&M has been successful in gaining the confidence of knowledgeable crowd like Team-BHP.

But i would like to share an incident that recently happened. My colleague after a long waiting period got the XUV 500. He was happy for the first week and then slowly started complaining about small and niggling issues that props up in XUV 500. I am not getting in to details of the issues. The latest one being his car drags to left when braked. He frequently visits the workshop to get issues fixed. Some gets fixed and some doesn't.

My colleagues better half hitted out at him saying " My husband had invested huge amount and waited so long to purchase this car, just to give feedback to M&M".

All things said and done i see one not-so happy customer for M&M.

Thanks,
Senthil.
The car drifting to left can be because of uneven wear on one of the front tyres. Get the tyres crossed and recheck.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 15:32   #2603

ESP is a big differentiator and I decided to pay more for a W8. BTW, has the dealer given the booking reference number for bookings made today?
Old 8th June 2012, 16:16   #2604
BHPian

Have booked W8 moondust silver today. Waiting period is 16 weeks! I feel they would be able to deliver earlier.
Hope that by then they would have sorted the niggles too.
Old 8th June 2012, 16:30   #2605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Have booked W8 moondust silver today. Waiting period is 16 weeks! I feel they would be able to deliver earlier.
Hope that by then they would have sorted the niggles too.
Not by then Ramesh, lets hope by now. Hope it is not too much to expect for such a price. And congrats for you new ride.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 18:43   #2606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Genuine leather seat covers -- Need inputs
FundaG
I dont think you can fix leather seats. There are curtain airbags and the driver seat has a warning tag stitched on it prohibiting the use of seat covers. It will hamper with the functioning of curtain airbags there causing loss of safety.

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2012 at 15:09. Reason: Typo
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 19:03   #2607
BHPian

^^ The top variant already comes with Leather. In the lower variant, there are no curtain airbags.. so leather seats will not be an issue.
Old 8th June 2012, 20:10   #2608
BHPian

made an inquiry with mahindra NBS chowpatty and sadly they have no clue about the W8 AWD variant! they seemed so disinterested when I asked about the AWD variant. they said they are not even aware about the on road pricing (Panvel, octroi less) of the AWD variant! thats really strange!

its really sad that mahindra is still not prepared for bookings of the AWD variant. when I asked when is it expected, they said they have no idea but it can be by end of the year also as the many customers who booked the AWD variant in the first round in Oct 2011 also have not yet received the deliveries. I really don't understand why did mahindra started offering AWD and advertised the AWD in the first place if they were not at all prepared for it. heard that AWD customers were even asked if they would take the FWD instead as AWD will take a long time and majority of them even accepted.

If I buy this car I want the AWD variant only. as I believe if you buy an SUV its best to get 4WD or AWD. a two wheel drive SUV doesn't make sense to me. hope mahindra opens the booking for the same soon..

Last edited by magikrider : 8th June 2012 at 20:11.
Old 8th June 2012, 20:33   #2609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
If I buy this car I want the AWD variant only. as I believe if you buy an SUV its best to get 4WD or AWD. a two wheel drive SUV doesn't make sense to me. hope mahindra opens the booking for the same soon..
I am also in the same boat
I will go tomorrow for a 'n' th TD and checking for AWD booking in Velchery, Chennai Dealer.
Hope, they know about AWD.
Iam still in confusion, Whether i can sell my Silver Streak and Go for XUV500 W8 AWD either in White or Black as i need only Beige Interior though i love to have Black Interior, but the issue is, the black Interior in XUV 500 has Beige color Side Panel (above the door window/Dash Board level) and Roof which looks very weird to me.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-interiors20xuv.jpg
Old 8th June 2012, 21:19   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik

I am also in the same boat
I will go tomorrow for a 'n' th TD and checking for AWD booking in Velchery, Chennai Dealer.
Hope, they know about AWD.
Iam still in confusion, Whether i can sell my Silver Streak and Go for XUV500 W8 AWD either in White or Black as i need only Beige Interior though i love to have Black Interior, but the issue is, the black Interior in XUV 500 has Beige color Side Panel (above the door window/Dash Board level) and Roof which looks very weird to me.
Just booked it today Karthik and it will give company to my Jet. I booked the lower variant though.. i mean the W6.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks