Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 19:52   #2641
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Guys, believe it or not. Spotted the XUV 500 on the road for the first time, since it's release! My bad eyes.
It has a good road presence. Looks better from the front than the rear.
Old 11th June 2012, 21:35   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil

Hey mate did you try BT audio? i have connect BB Playbook & Ipad 2 and found audio quality is much better than USB or radio. i will check same with IPOD and update you.
Well since starting am using my phone only to listen to music. The DC motor of the head unit is week, because of which there is always a little disturbance when music is played through CD or USB. Even though the disturbance goes away after 30-45 minutes of listening, Bluetooth is anyday better.
Old 11th June 2012, 22:39   #2643
BHPian

Thanks Joy and Rohit.. It is reassuring to understand that the problems are "perceived" to be higher than what it actually is.

Also, this time the XUV has garnered 7.2k bookings in the next 2 days. No wonder, it is a VFM product.
Old 11th June 2012, 23:29   #2644
Senior - BHPian

Eventhough Mahindra is not accepting booking for AWD, Their website describes AWD variants in full swing. AWD is mentioned all over features, specs and even price list

What a way to take Customers for a ridel;
Old 12th June 2012, 10:54   #2645
Senior - BHPian

Just to update you all, the XUV500 has scored 4-star rating in Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP). Please refer the below link for more details:

ANCAP rates Mahindra four stars for safety

Mahindra
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 11:06   #2646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Just to update you all, the XUV500 has scored 4-star rating in Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP). Please refer the below link for more details:

ANCAP rates Mahindra four stars for safety

Mahindra
Here is the video for that -

raj_5004 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 12:08   #2647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hey mate one qq, i can see driver and passenger airbags but on same time side airbags and curtain airbags i am not able to see although RIM is confirming this is W8 model.

Last edited by Tushargohil : 12th June 2012 at 12:11.
Old 12th June 2012, 12:15   #2648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Hey mate one qq, i can see driver and passenger airbags but on same time side airbags and curtain airbags i am not able to see although RIM is confirming this is W8 model.
since this is a frontal impact only, side/curtain airbags wont inflate. Side/curtain airbags come into picture when there is an impact from the sides or in case of rollover.

See the detailed result of XUV5OO -

Mahindra safety | XUV500 crash test - ANCAP
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 14:16   #2649
BHPian

Just read the report. AWD was tested. The main thing is the leg area and movement of the brake pedal backwards that leads to loss of points. Side impact test was not done as usually larger vehicles do well - that's a bit casual!

Total score is 26/37 compared to Kia Sportage/Q5 - 35/37, and Volvo - 36.5/37.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 15:00   #2650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Well from my experience of owning it for 8000 + kms, I can confidently say go for it. I have encountered none (other than the poor quality audio) of the issues mentioned till date and it had been a wonderful experience driving it.

I will say " GO FOR IT"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
+1 to that.
I have driven it for 18000 km and every time I drive it I love it even more.
Finally the reviews are more positive and I guess M&M is taking care to resolve all the known issues, I think I can finally plan to replace my Scorpio with the XUV5OO W8 by Diwali
Old 12th June 2012, 15:21   #2651
Senior - BHPian

I got the delivery of my black W6 yesterday evening. I have driven about 80-100 kms since then, very short time to know about anything other than the driving dynamics a little bit.

The buying experience was just ok with sales rep becoming a bit more responsive for past few days (may be in response to my request to change the rep).

I'm yet to get myself introduced to my RM, he was on leave when I took the delivery. I'm to call up another service guy from M&M whos going to visit us and tell us more about all the functions/ operations in great details (is what I was told by the dealer).

A couple things I have felt so far, slight drag towards left, which I guess could be a famous alignment issue that I will need to report to my RM and get it fixed. I havent heard any noise/sound while breaking during slow speed so far, shall report to niggles thread if I get to notice something; still trying to know more and getting adjusted.
Trying to break it in well and not going beyond 2.5K frequently but varying RPM and speed in different gears for another 1K kms? My wife and I feel the ride a bit bumpy but I guess thats expected (may be we are used to the planted ride on our PalioD)!! Overall its been a good experience so far and enjoying the ride. I will start using it for my daily commute in city for sometime so that it breaks-in well.

My kid wanted me to drop him to the busstop in the new car and we extended the offer telling him why only till the bus stop! We dropped him all the way to the school this morning

Does anyone know if there is a PDF for the user / operating manual for this one? If so, can someone point me how to get it!
Thanks.

Last edited by Ketan : 12th June 2012 at 15:37.
Ketan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 18:26   #2652

Hi Guys,

Finally!! After couple of weeks of running around for the loan, dealing with issues thanks to CIBIL, loan got approved and gave the Demand Draft for the Delivery Processing today. Getting the car on Thursday! Mine is the April booking that was open to the guys who missed out on the Super Lotto of Feb.

Right now only getting the Reverse Camera fitted from the dealer as there is a special socket which guys outside don't have. Will get the rest of the stuff like foot rails, rear bumper guard from Driven in East of Kailash. Will keep you guys updated on the same.

Ravi

Last edited by GTO : 13th June 2012 at 16:12. Reason: Correcting typos
Old 12th June 2012, 19:11   #2653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I got the delivery of my black W6 yesterday evening. I have driven about 80-100 kms since then, very short time to know about anything other than the driving dynamics a little bit.

Does anyone know if there is a PDF for the user / operating manual for this one? If so, can someone point me how to get it!
Thanks.
Congrats on the Purchase. Wishing you many more Happy miles ahead

Hope this manual help you:
www.freeownersmanualpdf.net/ebook/xuv-500-user-manual.pdf
Old 12th June 2012, 19:31   #2654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Congrats on the Purchase. Wishing you many more Happy miles ahead

Hope this manual help you:
www.freeownersmanualpdf.net/ebook/xuv-500-user-manual.pdf
Thanks buddy, but that doesnt look to have the pdf yet. I will continue to search and share if I find one.
Old 12th June 2012, 20:18   #2655
BHPian

hey guys... I was wondering how much is the FWD variant of XUV capable of handling bad roads/no roads as the AWD variant is not being offered yet and doesn't look like it will be anytime soon...

also came to know from dockap that he's getting an average of just 10kmpl and his is an AWD variant. so that almost 2-3km/l less compared to the FWD if i am not mistaken. and thats like 20-25% less!! so if you calculate the savings made by average in fuel consumption + the premium charged over the FWD variant, it almost comes to 2.5-3 lacs in the lifetime of the car.

also the AWD variant is only useful for snow or slippery mud or any other slippery situation if I am not wrong. and its not like a 4x4 option which is more useful for tough terrain. correct me if i am wrong here. and i think such extreme slippery situations will be hardly encountered.

also i think that the AWD owners are facing a bit more issues compared to the FWD owners after going through the posts and reviews. and that has made me a bit skeptical for the AWD variant. and don't know how mahindra will be able to handle with the problems if anything goes wrong with the AWD tech.

so taking these points into consideration i think the tried and tested FWD makes more sense. what do you guys say?

so was almost convinced.. till i saw this...
link:

(don't miss the last 1.30 mins specially)

Please don't get me wrong here. I am not comparing the XUV with the duster here. so no offense to fans of both the cars. I am myself smitten by the XUV 5oo since it is launched. and am getting really impressed with the duster as well. but duster is clearly a segment lower. what i would really like to know is that, is the XUV capable to do something like this?? specially the FWD variant of the XUV?? as have always fancied of a go anywhere car..

hope the owners/actual users and experts can throw some light on everything i mentioned from beginning to the end.

Last edited by magikrider : 12th June 2012 at 20:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks