Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 11:55   #2731
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
This happed to Fellow BHPian Raj's friend. Those posts have been moved / deleted i guess. Raj mentioned that the current vehicle was taken back and a new vehicle was provided. They retained the same Chassis number so as to avoid RTO hassles. Probably the older vehicle will be scrapped or sold at a discount to employees under the "Outside assembly line rework" product.

This is not possible under any circumstances- the Excise payment records the chassis numbers of all cars leaving a factory. No two cars can ever have the same chassis number

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2012 at 12:40. Reason: Correcting Typos. Please PROOF-READ your posts before submitting
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 16:10   #2732
PGA
BHPian

XUV has not done too well in just concluded Mughal Car Rally. I understand there were two official M&M participations. Any reasons known?
Old 4th July 2012, 17:06   #2733
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have a question. I have booked a white XUV with Sireesh Auto, Bangalore, on June 8th. My delivery date is 9th Aug. I want to swap the white colour for a grey now badly. Is there a possibility that I can do so at the showroom with another customer who wants a white? I have not yet approached the sales rep with this.
Old 4th July 2012, 21:26   #2734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
Guys I have a question. I have booked a white XUV with Sireesh Auto, Bangalore, on June 8th. My delivery date is 9th Aug. I want to swap the white colour for a grey now badly. Is there a possibility that I can do so at the showroom with another customer who wants a white? I have not yet approached the sales rep with this.
I had asked the sales rep this question and he told me that its possible. He showed me the place on the form where you can make one change and then it also mentions about the revised delivery date. However a mutual swap was not acceptable as per him.
liferocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 13:01   #2735

Guys - Need some guidance. My XUV (W8 White) delivery is expected soon. I want to finalize the accessories which I should go for at the time of delivery. I have shortlisted the below ones; is there anything I am missing which is recommended as an absolute must on Day 1?

Chrome Rear Door Gate Cover 402
LED Scuff Plates 3500
Side Steps (Demand from family L) 13500
Reverse Parking Camera 4500
Rubber Matting Deziner Mats (HD) 2481
Carpet Matting Plain 1753
COMBO Offer (Antirust + Paint Protection) 12000
Roof Carrier (Not an urgent reqt) 11500

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th July 2012 at 18:40. Reason: Removing formatting tags
Old 5th July 2012, 15:02   #2736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goarules View Post
Guys - Need some guidance.
You may want to check your formatting, avoid using copy/paste from other wordprocessors.

Side footsteps can be the only thing that you may want to go with from M&M.
Another must thing is the mats, look for 3D Kagu mats if you can get hold of one before the delivery, so that you dont have to pay money for limited options that M&M has (Which I did and could have avoided).
Reverse camera: I'm coming from the hatch but havent find a real big issue without the reverse camera, if you have to park at different/tight places all the time, you may want to go with it, but you can decide that later after you feel the need and before you hit it somewhere while parking.
Rust and paint protection can also be done later, no need to get it done at the time of delivery.
Roof carrier is kind of same, dont block your money now. Wait and watch for the actual time when you have to use it and you will find lot more options at better price in the market later.

Last edited by Ketan : 5th July 2012 at 15:05.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 15:18   #2737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
You can do it, but whether the sales rep will assist you in finding a customer who wants white is a question.

By chance, if you stumble on to a person, who wants white, your case is easy.

There are no other challenges as the RTO would register to any name, whichever is mentioned in the Form 20 (I guess). They would be least bothered about dealer booking forms.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 00:06   #2738
BHPian

Quote:
Had booked mine on June 10th and havent heard back from Mahindra so far. And the dealer TVS, Cochin is also not giving me any updates. Mahindra has also not responded to my mail so far.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 15:19   #2739
BHPian

Here is my Experience.

Let me know if anyone of you need any specific details.
Old 6th July 2012, 15:55   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check with the sales manager out there and let him know that you are up for such swap, I'm sure you will find an option since there is a big demand for white. I did ask them about the similar thing and he once offered me a silver since another customer wanted black.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 16:44   #2741
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. Will visit the showroom and explore the chances of swapping my white XUV for a grey Fingers crossed !!
Old 6th July 2012, 18:23   #2742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Had booked mine on June 10th and havent heard back from Mahindra so far. And the dealer TVS, Cochin is also not giving me any updates. Mahindra has also not responded to my mail so far.

FundaG
There is a workaround. Go to your nearest Dealer and talk to some Relationship Manager (anyone, doesnt matter). He would have inside information and can provide some concrete information.

The call center/customer care helpline folks mostly are trained to talk tactically and will not provide you any useful information(99%).

Even if that fails - like some mebers have done, please post a Strong Word in the XUV5OO Facebook page. This is directly monitored my Anand Himself. You will 200% receive a response if you post in facebook..
Old 8th July 2012, 14:17   #2743
Senior - BHPian

XUV5OO Automatic transmission - Updated - Delayed

Updates about the AutoBox on XUV5OO. All vendors for the automatic have been found not competent enough to supply automatic trannies.

It has been decided that SsangYong will decide the vendor and Mahindra will use the same Vendor to supply trannies for its XUV and All new Scorpio. This is decided as the it is expected that SsangYong will consume more Trannies than Mahindra.

Read in-between the lines and expect an Auto on the XUV but not anywhere in the near future.

Courtesy: Hormazd Sorabjee's comments in Sunday Afternnon's "the Autocar Show" on TV in the "Scoop" section.
scopriobharath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 10:10   #2744
BHPian

Just took a TD of the XUV this Sunday. What a pleasure to drive this baby!
Excellent responsive engine, NVH levels are well controlled.
Music system was decent enough.
Middle row seat space is too much , while the seat width seems to be a little lacking.
3rd row again, is nowhere as comfortable as an Innova, but will do for ladies/kids.

Excellent driving position. Coming from a Santro, I had a fear of driving such a big vehicle; but the handling is really good. You feel in control of the vehicle.
I was actually surprised to see that the length is exactly equal to a Innova. The XUV seems so much more monstrous !!
The XUV has a wallowy ride, wobbles a lot on rough, pot holed roads. The SA was actually asking me to take the vehicle in the middle of that pot holed road, when I was trying to side skirt them.
The wobbly ride maybe a little issue, but nevertheless What a brilliantly packaged vehicle !!

Only issue is Mahindra's Quality Control, I dont have too much knowledge about their After sales experience & the brand name /brand confidence.

My other choice are a Duster for its SUV/rough road capability and the tried & tested people mover Innova.
Just cant make up my mind. Thoroughly utterly confused.
Old 9th July 2012, 11:00   #2745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Only issue is Mahindra's Quality Control, I dont have too much knowledge about their After sales experience & the brand name /brand confidence.

My other choice are a Duster for its SUV/rough road capability and the tried & tested people mover Innova.
Mahindra is not on par with the competition in Quality, but its decent enough. There. XUV5OO has its shares of niggles (check the niggles thread, it runs into pages) but all are fixable by A.S.S and you get personalized attention through the Relationship manager of the purple club.

Duster is a "GO" if you have to ferry just 5 passengers. The optional jump seats are too tiny and best for kids only. Heck, I hate the jump seats on Tavera / Scorpio / Safari, let alone the Duster. The advantage is you would be driving a brand new model and would be a head turner for at least an year..

I suggest the Innova any day. It is well built, reliable and gives you miles and miles of trouble free ride. IT may not have features like XUV but all features in Innova are sufficient for day to day use IMHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks