Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 19:54   #2821
BANNED

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
This may sound strange, but just got a call from Koncept auto in Delhi, following up on my XUV enquiry. When i told them the long waiting period put me off, the dealer offered to make the car available in 2-3 weeks saying that Mahindra has recently given dealers the flexibility to jump the queue if there are any cancelled bookings.

I take that with a pinch of salt. Sounds fishy to me.

He said if i wanted silver, he can almost guarantee delivery (nothing in writing though) but will have to check for black and will revert.

Although i am not going for XUV, in case anyone in NCR is contemplating buying one, you may want to check with this dealer. But make sure that they are not palming off any damaged car.
You got it there Himanshu ! I cannot believe that dealers would be given the liberty to jump queues. Do check on the insurance of the car (dunno how), it's possible that this car was damaged slightly and the dealer is pushing it after a make up !

From this forum, I get the impression that Mahindra is unable to handle the wait list .. their dealers are still the same .. in xdp or Bolero culture !
Old 17th July 2012, 19:59   #2822
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If an authorized OEM accessory is available from the manufacturer, the dealers are liable to sell that ONLY. Example, they must sell only the OE equipment of reverse camera. They cannot sell aftermarket replacements. However, for products like say "GPS Security systems", They MUST liason with the vendor to ensure wires are not spliced, if requested by the customer.
If all dealers are supposed to provide only the OE equipment of reverse camera, how do we explain the difference in pricing for the exact same accessory from dealer to dealer?

I smell a mini-fraud already!
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 20:25   #2823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
If all dealers are supposed to provide only the OE equipment of reverse camera, how do we explain the difference in pricing for the exact same accessory from dealer to dealer?

I smell a mini-fraud already!
The best way is to contact the customer care and give a list of acessories and prices.

There are 2 ways to check.

The bill will say Mahindra Geniune accessory or the box from which its installed will say Mahidnra Geniune accessory. If they sell an aftermarket product, you very well can complain to Mahindra and get a replacement.

Last edited by Amartya : 18th July 2012 at 02:10. Reason: Thanks for reporting the post. Edited out the errant tags. Cheers.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 11:12   #2824
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for quoting a old post, but seems like the dealers are charging whatever that comes to their mind for the accessories. I paid 3100 for the reverse parking camera. Are the accessories really Mahindra approved? Or are the dealers just picking up stuff from any neighbourhood accessories shop and selling it to unsuspecting customers?
My dealer in Noida is quoting Rs. 800 for frequency matching and Rs. 3700 for the Camera!
Old 18th July 2012, 11:26   #2825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro

My dealer in Noida is quoting Rs. 800 for frequency matching and Rs. 3700 for the Camera!
The OEM accessories that dealers install are inclusive of all labour cost, last time I checked.
All accessories I got installed were at a discount of 15%. I bargained when I took delivery and that discount stays whenever I went back to get other accessories installed.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 11:58   #2826
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Anybody has experienced the working of the static-bending headlamps?

As per my understanding, the implementation is as follows: there is a additional bulb in the headlight assembly which is angled at ~45 degrees to the side of the vehicle. When the steering wheel is turned beyond a threshold - indicating your intention of turning the vehicle let's say to the right - the additional bulb on the right hand side comes on and provides additional illumination to the right hand side.

Is my understanding correct?

My question is: would/should the additional bulb remain on till your straighten the steering wheel again?
I tried to test this once and noticed that it illuminated the side for a brief second and then it switched off. Have not tested it thoroughly.

Can others share their experience with the static-bending headlamp feature?

Last edited by SDP : 18th July 2012 at 11:59.
Old 18th July 2012, 13:46   #2827
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP
Anybody has experienced the working of the static-bending headlamps?

As per my understanding, the implementation is as follows: there is a additional bulb in the headlight assembly which is angled at ~45 degrees to the side of the vehicle. When the steering wheel is turned beyond a threshold - indicating your intention of turning the vehicle let's say to the right - the additional bulb on the right hand side comes on and provides additional illumination to the right hand side.

Is my understanding correct?

My question is: would/should the additional bulb remain on till your straighten the steering wheel again?
I tried to test this once and noticed that it illuminated the side for a brief second and then it switched off. Have not tested it thoroughly.

Can others share their experience with the static-bending headlamp feature?
Hi, Your understanding is quite right. The lamps come on when the steering is turned between 45 deg to 90 deg depending on vehicle speed. Lower speed require larger turning angle. Min speed required to turn them on is 5 km/h. They stay on till you straighten below the threshold angle. Time lag for switch off after straightening is about 2-3 secs.
PGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 14:35   #2828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferocks View Post
Well happened the same to me. I tweeted Mr Mahindra yesterday. Immediately within half an hour I had a tweet from mahindra asking for my details. This morning Koncept auto called me and asked me about my feedback and concerns. Strangely he did not offer me any such deal. Who was the guy who called you btw?

Did you say that you are cancelling because of waiting?

Regds
Rajat
After some tough stand with TVS, I get a call yesterday evening asking if its possible to take the delivery in 2 days if required. I am yet to get my loan approved, which I hope should happen by this week. So said anytime once the loan is approved is fine with me. The TVS person has confirmed he will do the best to get it delivered at the earliest and would update me in 2-3 days time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Seems like someone some where is getting some flak on the long waiting periods.

FundaG
Old 18th July 2012, 14:46   #2829
BHPian

In my XUV while turning, I noticed both static-bending headlamps illuminating. Shouldn't it be just one side? the side am turning?
Monaro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 15:18   #2830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
In my XUV while turning, I noticed both static-bending headlamps illuminating. Shouldn't it be just one side? the side am turning?
I believe thats the way XUV uses it. both the static bending lamp glow ON while turning either side.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 15:53   #2831
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Hi, Your understanding is quite right. The lamps come on when the steering is turned between 45 deg to 90 deg depending on vehicle speed. Lower speed require larger turning angle. Min speed required to turn them on is 5 km/h. They stay on till you straighten below the threshold angle. Time lag for switch off after straightening is about 2-3 secs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I believe thats the way XUV uses it. both the static bending lamp glow ON while turning either side.
Thanks PGA & Ketan! After seeing the static-bending lights not functioning at parking speeds, I had a hunch that the functionality would be speed sensitive. Thanks for clearing the doubt and providing the details.

PS: On a lighter note, for testing, now I need to plant a friend on the curb and ask him to watch for the lights as I make a turn in my XUV!
Old 18th July 2012, 16:07   #2832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: On a lighter note, for testing, now I need to plant a friend on the curb and ask him to watch for the lights as I make a turn in my XUV!
Yes, you can try that. However, I see them working all the time when I take turns in dark, inside my layout. the static bending lamsp are evident during low speed, also works during high speeds, makes a big difference with the ilumination and area being ilumated while taking turns.
Old 18th July 2012, 18:18   #2833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Both lamps turns as both lamps cover the corner of the vehicle. The cornering lamps, turn with the steering to give you the effect as if your vehicle has turned. It illumintes the complete path of the vehicle (end to end), this is the reason both lamps turn.
Old 18th July 2012, 18:26   #2834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Both lamps turns as both lamps cover the corner of the vehicle. The cornering lamps, turn with the steering to give you the effect as if your vehicle has turned. It illumintes the complete path of the vehicle (end to end), this is the reason both lamps turn.
I have seen some videos about corenering lamps on youtube for VW cars, they have their cornering lanps work only in one direction in which the car is moving, they dont turn both the lamps at the same time since the one not in the same direction of turn is in the 45 degrees of the opposite direction of the turn and I cant think of its utility while turning in the opposite direction of that lamp, not a big deal but a valid question I guess! It may require just an additional relay or some component to achieve that!
Automotive lighting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 18th July 2012, 18:36   #2835

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Deep condolences on a young leaders death.

I read the news article. I saw no mention of the airbags not inflating nor about any damage to the airbags. Whats the source of your news other than the link , that the airbags malfunctioned ?

I get a feeling that he had his seat reclined to a sleeping position and hence took the entire impact of the crash.
Hi Manoj, I read the failure of airbag (crash punctured it, as it was claimed) in Dinamalar (a tamil newspaper) on the day of this accident. I searched for an English version of the news and pasted the link. I am not able to find that tamil article again. It went on extensively to describe the young party leader's precautions on choosing one of the safest vehicles in the market (alas!) and the model with all airbags because it was also used by the top-most person (ex central minister) in the party.

Anyway, I am neither linked/related to that party nor own an XUV, but just someone who likes the XUV design and a regular t-bhp reader who thought someone here might like to dig into it further

Parthiban.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks