Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2013, 19:38   #4321
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I took delivery of the XUV on 2nd May at TVS, Kottayam (Kerala). Attached some pictures of the beast!

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-946150_525503087512176_861292238_n.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-upload.jpg

The buying experience was good - had great support from the dealer and the area sales manager from Mahindra.

The car had 15 Kms on the ODO while taking delivery - today evening its at 850 - Did a trip from Kottayam to Bangalore in 9 and a half hours! Effortless cruising!

Still exploring and just loving it!!
aajohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 20:18   #4322
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
I took delivery of the XUV on 2nd May at TVS, Kottayam (Kerala). Attached some pictures of the beast!
Congratulations! Another purple XUV joins team-BHP! Looks great!
Have fun with it. Drive safe.

Would look forward to a ownership thread!
Old 6th May 2013, 16:08   #4323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
I took delivery of the XUV on 2nd May at TVS, Kottayam (Kerala).

Congrats on your purchase. Purple looks striking indeed.
Suggest you take it easy during the run-in period.
Would like to hear about the brakes that control the horses. Are they any good in the recent batches ?
Old 6th May 2013, 22:05   #4324
Senior - BHPian

Here goes..another purple one. That's mine!

S(he?) shares the bed, oops, garage with my grey Italian. Took delivery on 16th March, the XUV has covered 1400kms. The Punto has covered 46K+, with almost 2K since 15th MAR. Having driven both cars back-to-back, should I sit down and write a review comparing them both?

@Mudhalaipatti..I've been following your thread right from day one. After going through your purchase list of car care products, l created my own list only to be rejected by the home department. Finally, I managed to buy the Jopasu duster combo pack, the leather conditioner and some micro fibre towels. Also bought a Black&Decker car vacuum cleaner.

EDIT: These pics are taken at Bonacaud.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20130428355.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20130428350.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-p1060073.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-p1060072.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-p1060070.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-p1060071.jpg  

sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 22:25   #4325
BHPian

Congrats to aajohn and Sandeep. Purple looks great on the beast.

@@Sandeep - which model of Black and Decker vaccum cleaner did you get ? How's the performance ?
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 22:48   #4326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
@@Sandeep - which model of Black and Decker vaccum cleaner did you get ? How's the performance ?
Thanks buddy.

I bought this model from Flipkart, but it now shows out-of-stock. I used the product only twice and it is good. It has a really long cord which is a plus.

http://www.flipkart.com/black-decker...e-7023c100bd62

You might want to read the reviews at flipkart perhaps.

The Jopasu duster combo pack is awesome!
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jopa...ft-pack/220065
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 22:59   #4327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post

Thanks buddy.

I bought this model from Flipkart, but it now shows out-of-stock. I used the product only twice and it is good. It has a really long cord which is a plus.

http://www.flipkart.com/black-decker...e-7023c100bd62

You might want to read the reviews at flipkart perhaps.

The Jopasu duster combo pack is awesome!
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jopa...ft-pack/220065
Thanks Sandeep.
I was looking at a car vaccum cleaner for a long time and hope this helps.

Btw, I have the Jopasu car duster.
Old 7th May 2013, 06:46   #4328
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Here goes..another purple one. That's mine!

EDIT: These pics are taken at Bonacaud.
Congratulations Sandeep!
What I like about the Purple is that it looks quite different from different angles and in different light conditions.

For example, in your first pic the color seems like darkish grey .
Looks Black in second pic. Bronze in third and fourth.
And Brown in fifth and sixth pic! Good fun!
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 07:57   #4329
BHPian

This question is mainly for W6 owners.

Can we fit a reverse camera with W6 monochrome infotainment display? The vehicles I drove (TD) so far are W8 and I am not sure whether reverse camera can be integrated with W6 display.

Any one successfully integrated reverse camera in W6?

Is it possible to change the monochrome display to color display in W6? Is any dealer is offering this option?
Old 7th May 2013, 08:13   #4330
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post

Can we fit a reverse camera with W6 monochrome infotainment display? The vehicles I drove (TD) so far are W8 and I am not sure whether reverse camera can be integrated with W6 display.

Is it possible to change the monochrome display to color display in W6? Is any dealer is offering this option?
Logically speaking, it should be possible to connect the W6 monochrome display screen to a reverse camera. Have not seen any examples yet.

About replacing W6-infotainment system with W8-infotainment system, that's going to be quite a task. Its not only about replacing the screen. The physical switches below the screen are also quite different. So you would end up changing a significant part of the center console. My guess, is that it would be a costly affair. An aftermarket 2-din touchscreen unit might be cheaper.
Old 7th May 2013, 09:37   #4331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post

Just checked with my dealer on the camera part in W6 - yes, it's possible and many have opted for it. The display is as good as the one in W8.
On the change in display - tough ask !
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 09:52   #4332
BHPian

Quote:
Just checked with my dealer on the camera part in W6 - yes, it's possible and many have opted for it. The display is as good as the one in W8.
On the change in display - tough ask !
Thanks for the headsup. Couple of questions though. It's a W6 and the display is monochrome. Would the camera output be in B&W ? If yes, this one could be nostalgic. Watching Chandrakanta on Solidaire B&W *wink* *wink*
If no, then would the whole display unit be replaced with a 'color' one ? Is that possible? As SDP mentioned, the console layout is a little different between W6 and W8.

Last edited by Mudhalaipatti : 7th May 2013 at 09:53.
Old 7th May 2013, 09:59   #4333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post

Thanks for the headsup. Couple of questions though. It's a W6 and the display is monochrome. Would the camera output be in B&W ? If yes, this one could be nostalgic. Watching Chandrakanta on Solidaire B&W *wink* *wink*
If no, then would the whole display unit be replaced with a 'color' one ? Is that possible? As SDP mentioned, the console layout is a little different between W6 and W8.
The display would be B&W. That's the sad part.

However you can go for a seperate camera and display which would be fitted on your dash without any connection to the infotainment system. The sensors and the camera would work parallely.
Old 7th May 2013, 12:35   #4334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
About replacing W6-infotainment system with W8-infotainment system, that's going to be quite a task. Its not only about replacing the screen. The physical switches below the screen are also quite different. So you would end up changing a significant part of the center console. My guess, is that it would be a costly affair. An aftermarket 2-din touchscreen unit might be cheaper.
Maybe that's possible, although i don't know about the ability of the ASC to handle that or the costs. I remember one of the TDs I had taken was in a W8, but because there was some problem with the touchscreen HU, they had installed a W6 one in it temporarily, and it was working pretty well. So maybe the reverse is also possible.

Aftermarket 2-din systems would be a major problem, because there's a deep integration of the HU with the electronics. Everything including the AC displays on the screen.

Quote:
The display would be B&W. That's the sad part.

However you can go for a seperate camera and display which would be fitted on your dash without any connection to the infotainment system. The sensors and the camera would work parallely.
The camera is a plug & play, meaning the wiring is already done and integrated into the HU [Not sure about the W6 though].
Besides, I have an aftermarket reverse camera in my Scorpio, and I can tell you that clarity-wise it doesn't come anywhere close to the one in my XUV. I can bet that even in a B&W avataar it'll give you a better image than the Chinese aftermarket screens.
Old 7th May 2013, 15:57   #4335
Senior - BHPian

When you switch the engine on and put her into reverse, there is a delay - more than 10 seconds - before the reverse sensor kicks in. This is because of the Mahindra bootup screen et al.

If you daisy-chain the reverse camera into this setup, well, chances are you will get the first picture only a good 15 seconds after you switch the engine on. This can be avoided if you would go for an independent camera circuit setup.

The above-said scenario is not applicable when the engine is already running.

Disclaimer: My car has no camera.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks