Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2013, 00:39   #5071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post

b. an instant alert that shows which door is ajar. It simply says "door ajar" in XUV.
The XUV does show you which door is open. Along with the "Door Ajar" warning, there will be an illustration of the car on the screen. Observe the illustration of the car and you will see that it will show exactly which door is open.
Rossiter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 08:12   #5072
J.Ravi

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
The turning radius of XUV is indeed a big surprise for a Punto/Linea owner.
The turning diameter of my Linea as given in my owner's handbook is 11.1 m as against 11.2 m [5.6 m radius] of XUV5OO. In spite of that, I find it very difficult to take a U turn of my Linea in my street of 24' wide, perhaps due to longer nose projection [bonnet] and boot. Another thing I disliked in XUV5OO was the leather-covering of the steering wheel, whose stitching was not done nicely as compared to my Linea, which looks immaculate even after 4 years of usage. The steering response of my Linea was also better than that of XUV5OO. But, as a total package, XUV5OO overtakes my Linea!
  (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 17:55   #5073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
The XUV does show you which door is open. Along with the "Door Ajar" warning, there will be an illustration of the car on the screen.
You mean the infotainment screen? Indeed it does. But only when the car is in motion.

The diwali telltale cluster has the door ajar universal warning LED sign and a chime but it cant tell you which door is open.

My Punto has no fancy touchscreen, but its monochrome MID can tell me "Boot open" if it is. The moment I start the engine.
Old 4th November 2013, 16:23   #5074
BHPian

Cross posting from another thread as I didn't get any response there.

I drove a friends XUV today which is a 2012 model and felt there was a jerk most of the times when I engaged 1st or 2nd gear.

Can someone confirm if this was normally present in the older models and if this has been rectified in the 2013 model or not?
Old 4th November 2013, 18:39   #5075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Cross posting from another thread as I didn't get any response there.

I drove a friends XUV today which is a 2012 model and felt there was a jerk most of the times when I engaged 1st or 2nd gear.

Can someone confirm if this was normally present in the older models and if this has been rectified in the 2013 model or not?
I think it is more related to the time of release of clutch and pressing throttle. As torque is more at lower gears we feel the jerk more when we are slightly out of sync in the way we handle gear changes. This varies with vehicle to vehicle (The point at which clutch engages / dis engages) and one has to get used to it.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 19:11   #5076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
I think it is more related to the time of release of clutch and pressing throttle. As torque is more at lower gears we feel the jerk more when we are slightly out of sync in the way we handle gear changes. This varies with vehicle to vehicle (The point at which clutch engages / dis engages) and one has to get used to it.
so its more related to the driving technique rather than an issue with the vehicle right?
Old 4th November 2013, 19:48   #5077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
so its more related to the driving technique rather than an issue with the vehicle right?
Yes. You are right. A few more trials will make one get used to it. Usullay the call drivers get the grip of such things very fast.

Last edited by Seran Manian : 4th November 2013 at 19:51.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 21:47   #5078

The first clicks of Black Hawk. Got her on the high way. Gear swift were great but the first and second were a hit hard. May be it's my transition from swift to W8. The ACC is way too good. 8 years back when I had the ZXi it was a revolution. Today it seems a hygiene feature but guess many cars don't get the temp control right. XUV seems to have got it perfect. Waiting for the crowded Ghodbunder road to test black hawk.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-image1975972969.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-image625773985.jpg  

adityarath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 22:49   #5079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
The XUV does show you which door is open. Along with the "Door Ajar" warning, there will be an illustration of the car on the screen. Observe the illustration of the car and you will see that it will show exactly which door is open.
Quote:
You mean the infotainment screen? Indeed it does. But only when the car is in motion.

The diwali telltale cluster has the door ajar universal warning LED sign and a chime but it cant tell you which door is open.

My Punto has no fancy touchscreen, but its monochrome MID can tell me "Boot open" if it is. The moment I start the engine.
It happened today !! After putting away the shopping bags, my wife shut the tailgate. I was in the driver's seat and as soon as I started the car the door open sign came up on the "diwali cluster". Also an alert sign got illumined on the infotaintent screen. When you press that, the details of which door is ajar is shown in text. I don't know if in the newer versions it shows up as a sketch. Mine is exactly a year old this month, Nov 12 manufactured.

I think the alert sign when illuminated on the infotainment screen, on touch usually reveals what exactly the problem is. I have noticed that with tyre pressure alerts and when the front right tyre sensor wire got cut.
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 10:24   #5080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Photos of sunroof installations (in Delhi) shared by a friend Shameem Ahamed:
Would love a XUV with a Sun Roof, but I am not sure that the aftermarket ones would hold in the long run specially in the Mumbai monsoons
m_upreti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 14:34   #5081
BHPian

Quote:

This is surely a niggle in XUV.

But then there is a reason for the infotainment not showing which door is open when the engine is started like in Punto's MID. Which is there only to show such info/alerts at all times and not affect any other user operations. On the other hand, XUV infotainment system is the all in one unit not limited to just show info or alerts . If the door open message keeps showing everytime a door is opened it can be a headache for some one who is using the infotainment system to select a song or set the navigation or check the other info related to the car. Something which most drivers would be doing on entering a car. And the door open pop ups would be an interruption.

In XUV, the infotainment system has a "!" icon, which comes on in case of any issue including door open. And clicking on the icon would provide details of the issue. So one possibility is having this alert icon in the infotainment screen ON when the engine is started, to indicate if a door is open . Which again can be confusing with this icon switching ON/OFF everytime a door is opened and closed. And the chances of missing some other important alert. So this job is done by the indicator light in the diwali cluster. That said, I would surely like to have an option to see the door open details within the Car Info section or some related section in the infotainment system. The moment one sees the car open indicator ON in the diwali cluster, we could use this option to check which door is open. Rather than move the car for a short distance and realise the left back door is open, requiring me to stop the car, step out and close it properly.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 22:59   #5082
BHPian

I feel a slight pulling towards left and RM claims it could be due to uneven roads. My ODO shows 3500 K and thinking if I can wait till the first service. Apart from that, experience has been great so far..
Old 5th November 2013, 23:24   #5083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
I feel a slight pulling towards left and RM claims it could be due to uneven roads. My ODO shows 3500 K and thinking if I can wait till the first service. Apart from that, experience has been great so far..
This left pulling issue, I've only heard consistently for XUV5OO. I don't know why. And more specifically, why only left? My brand new xuv also started pulling left after 500 kms!!! Of course I got it sorted within a few hours, but this just says a lot about Mahindra standards of PDI.
Old 5th November 2013, 23:57   #5084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk016 View Post

This left pulling issue, I've only heard consistently for XUV5OO. I don't know why. And more specifically, why only left? My brand new xuv also started pulling left after 500 kms!!! Of course I got it sorted within a few hours, but this just says a lot about Mahindra standards of PDI.
So while everyone else has the left pulling issue, I now have a right pulling one. Everytime I accelerate, it pulls to the right. Oof. Mahindra claimed that they checked the alignment during the last service.

It's been almost two months that the car hasn't been to the service centre. Prolly missing its spiritual home.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 09:46   #5085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk016 View Post
I think I missed this piece. Could you tell me what was your issue and how did you resolve it?

Also is the source of issues the same?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks