Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2013, 13:09   #5131
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Congrats @joeblack. This is perhaps the 3rd RED XUV out here in TBHP ?
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 13:56   #5132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack View Post
I am extremely proud and happy to inform all of you that I have bought XUV 500 W6 on the auspicious day on Dhanteras (01st of Nov 2013)

Attaching few pictures.

Thank you
Congratulations dude. Enjoy the cheeta. Dont forget to post your ownership experience after some time.
Old 13th November 2013, 14:12   #5133
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am extremely proud and happy to inform all of you that I have bought XUV 500 W6 on the auspicious day on Dhanteras (01st of Nov 2013)

Attaching few pictures.

Thank you
Congratulations!
The 2 pics seem to be from 2 different days. The second pic has after-market alloys. They look good BTW.
Have fun with your XUV.
Please share a few interior pics if possible. Also how about starting an ownership thread?

Last edited by SDP : 13th November 2013 at 14:30.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 14:43   #5134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Congratulations!
The 2 pics seem to be from 2 different days. The second pic has after-market alloys. They look good BTW.
Have fun with your XUV.
Please share a few interior pics if possible. Also how about staring a ownership thread?
Yes SDP,

They are two different pictures, the first one is with stock rims with wheel caps.

The story goes like this, initially I booked my w6 with speed alloys, I have specifically told my dealer that i want the vehicle with alloys fitted on the day of delivery, but later he told me that he is running out of alloys and he will get it fitted week later. However on the delivery date he showed me some new alloys from Plati and said these are brand new design made for XUV and they will cost around 40,000 for four and on top he gets to keep my stock rims and wheel caps.

I have searched for the same alloys locally and to my surprise i got four alloys for 29000 with four steel valves free.

the alloy model no is Plati Py 555

I am attaching close-up picture of alloy from the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-platialloys.jpg  

joeblack is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 15:26   #5135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...and they will cost around 40,000 for four and on top he gets to keep my stock rims and wheel caps.

I have searched for the same alloys locally and to my surprise i got four alloys for 29000 with four steel valves free...
That's a clean 45% margin on each alloy wheel. Probably this is the reason why he "ran out" of the agreed alloy wheel.

Appreciate your diligence to get a delicious deal for yourself.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 00:54   #5136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes SDP,

They are two different pictures, the first one is with stock rims with wheel caps.

The story goes like this, initially I booked my w6 with speed alloys, I have specifically told my dealer that i want the vehicle with alloys fitted on the day of delivery, but later he told me that he is running out of alloys and he will get it fitted week later. However on the delivery date he showed me some new alloys from Plati and said these are brand new design made for XUV and they will cost around 40,000 for four and on top he gets to keep my stock rims and wheel caps.

I have searched for the same alloys locally and to my surprise i got four alloys for 29000 with four steel valves free.

the alloy model no is Plati Py 555

I am attaching close-up picture of alloy from the dealer.
Good that you went ahead with after market alloys. Not only just it cost less than mahindra alloys, they look better. I too got my alloys from outside for just 24K.
Old 14th November 2013, 19:54   #5137
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sincere thanks to a friend Shameem Ahmed for sharing the following W4 pics on FB:

The "W4" badge on the hatch door. Please note all new XUVs - including W6 and W8 - are coming with this change in location of the variant badge.
Attachment 1163213

Not very sure if the steel-rims would have wheel-caps or not. From the photo, doesn't look like.

Went to the M&M showroom today and saw a Silver colored W4 up-close. Did not click any pictures.
Here are some additional observations along with elaboration of earlier observations.

1. The wheel-caps are very much present in W4.
2. Power-windows are present (Specs-sheet says otherwise)

3. The black skirting that runs all around the SUV is gone in W4.
Please check the red-rectangle in the following pic. That's the skirting/molding
present on W8/W6. Gone on W4. Bad idea. Wheel arches are exposed to nicks from other car's doors.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-w4-1-copy.jpg

4. No reverse-sensors on W4.
5. The mud-guards are body-colored.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-w4-2-copy.jpg

5. No remote for the music-system.
6. Aux-input shifted just next to the CD slot. (In W6/W8, there is remote-sensor at that place.)
7. Although the layout of the AC unit looks familiar, it is a AC unit and NOT automatic climate control. Please look at the rotary knobs carefully.
8. No USB in. Confirmed.
9. No easy way to fit a single/double DIN aftermarket head-unit. (Ran out of shocked smileys)
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-w4-3-copy.jpg

10. The storage under the center arm-rest is a single compartment and not double like in W6/W8.
11. The center-armrest compartment is not cooled like in W6/W8 (No AC vent in there).
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-w4-4-copy.jpg

Quote:
Inside, the most drastic difference is on the center console.
1. The infotainment screen is gone. Replaced with a digital clock.
2. Shiny wood finish is replaced with matte finish...including the top portion. This would mean lesser reflection on the windshield.
4. The silver strips running on both sides of the center console are now colored. This could be a blessing in disguise as the silver-strip used to cause awful reflection on the windshield.
The new matte texture for the center console and the new less-shiny colored side-strips look and feel better in person than what the pics suggest. The reflection problem is solved.

One lakh cheaper than W6 and almost 3 lakhs cheaper than W8 FWD.

Last edited by SDP : 14th November 2013 at 20:02.
SDP is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 12:52   #5138
BHPian

Quote:

1. The wheel-caps are very much present in W4.
2. Power-windows are present (Specs-sheet says otherwise)
Thanks for the wonderful observations and efforts SDP. The website has corrected the mistake.
Attached Images

Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 00:14   #5139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post

Thanks for the wonderful observations and efforts SDP. The website has corrected the mistake.
the picture mentions Tinted-Solar Reflective Glass, what does it mean?
Old 17th November 2013, 05:47   #5140
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the picture mentions Tinted-Solar Reflective Glass, what does it mean?
I guess it just means that the window glasses have a slight tint. From personal experience, its not enough to protect you from the sun, but the cops would stop you a couple of times to check if the glasses have a film .
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 07:08   #5141
BHPian

I was thinking of buying a Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax to maintain the shine of my car, Can anyone please suggest if it is a good product?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-megultimatequickwax.jpg.d1dd39e282.999x600x600.jpg  

Old 17th November 2013, 10:42   #5142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
I was thinking of buying a Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax to maintain the shine of my car, Can anyone please suggest if it is a good product?
no idea about this product, I am using collinite 845, and I am completely satisfied by the results. there is already a detailed discussion about car care here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...g-guide-2.html
Old 17th November 2013, 21:06   #5143
BHPian

Hello Friends,
I am trying to book W8 FWD model in Bangalore. i am doing showroom visits and from reading this thread, suggestions are more inclined towards Sireesh and Anant dealers in Bangalore. Personally i have made visit to these dealers and got their quotes. However interested in knowing if any of you recently took delivery of W8 FWD from any of these vendors and what is the discounts you have got.

thanks
Rajesh
Old 18th November 2013, 15:58   #5144
A.R
BHPian

Quote:
Off topic, Anyone used the coupon to book a stay at Mahindra Holidays as part of Purple Club offer? Whats covered and what isn't?

And what else is the Purple Club useful for apart from the coupons?
Bumping up my own post. Can someone please respond to this?
Old 18th November 2013, 16:12   #5145
BHPian

Quote:
3. The black skirting that runs all around the SUV is gone in W4.
Please check the red-rectangle in the following pic. That's the skirting/molding
present on W8/W6. Gone on W4. Bad idea. Wheel arches are exposed to nicks from other car's doors.
That's not good. Not even a bit. My vehicle has stood the abuse of daily drive, mostly because of the protective skirting, running all along and the rubs and scratches are got with a simple spray of WURTH. Now it means a lot more work to remove the scratches, if at all inflicted.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed