Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2013, 09:25   #5101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Not saying that this left pull issue is not there in other vehicles but the percentage is very high for Mahindra
Two of earlier Scorpio's had the same problem. Maruti Suzuki, Ford, Toyota does not have this issue- per my experience so far.
Old 7th November 2013, 10:08   #5102
BHPian

Ok slightly going off the current topic guys.
I did take delivery of my new XUV 5OO on 11th Oct. and the vehicle is doing good. However, I have this issue with Chrome fitment done by Anant Cars. The left tail lamp chrome fitment is coming out with glue which flowed down to the bumper and now sticking to it. I am not sure how get rid of this glue thing. I dont want to rub it off forcefully left some paint may chip off. its not very noticeable but a sore point.

This I raised with the sales guy the day I noticed but no action was taken. However, yesterday I got a call from Mahindra on feedback which i Fairly gave based on the delivery and overall experience and when asked for any concern I just mentioned it.

Today morning I got 3 calls already from the Dealer that this will be taken care off Asap.

But is there good/easy way to get rid off this glue part? I fear my bumper will be spoiled if I/they try too hard. Any suggestions from the experts?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20131102_193742.jpg  

Old 7th November 2013, 11:28   #5103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Ok slightly going off the current topic guys.
I did take delivery of my new XUV 5OO on 11th Oct. and the vehicle is doing good.

But is there good/easy way to get rid off this glue part? I fear my bumper will be spoiled if I/they try too hard. Any suggestions from the experts?
Would recommend use of Isopropyl Alchohol (called as IPA) to clean it up. Generally they use N.C. Thinner, but that might remove the paint as well. IPA is mild on paint.
Old 7th November 2013, 12:23   #5104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post

Two of earlier Scorpio's had the same problem. Maruti Suzuki, Ford, Toyota does not have this issue- per my experience so far.
And if you ask this question to your RM's, they would say its a Feature. This way you would drive on left side of the road as mahindras are not meant to be driven fast on right most lane, so say thanks to mahindra for getting you this auto feature

Anyways i agree, this left pulling is present no matter how many times you get aligment or balancing done. Just few kms drive and you are back to square.
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 15:01   #5105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Use any alcohol based body spray / perfume till the area is wet and then rub with a soft cloth, this has worked for me a couple of times,
Old 7th November 2013, 16:50   #5106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
However, just comparing the actions required for both options -- to know the info of the culprit door and thereby
Current :
Start the car>move>check infotainment>park the car>step out(if passenger doors)>close culprit door>step back in and continue journey
VS
Recommended :
Start the car>check infotainment>step out(if passenger doors)>close culprit door>step back in and continue journey

Now I would on any given day prefer the 2nd option.
What you recommend is exactly the way it happens. The moment you start the car, if the door ajar sign is up on the "diwali cluster" there is an exclamation mark that lights up at the base of the infotainment screen. You press that exclamation mark and it will tell you which door is open in text format. You don't have to move the car at all.
Heavy Horse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 20:53   #5107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
What you recommend is exactly the way it happens. The moment you start the car, if the door ajar sign is up on the "diwali cluster" there is an exclamation mark that lights up at the base of the infotainment screen. You press that exclamation mark and it will tell you which door is open in text format. You don't have to move the car at all.
Are you sure Heavy horse? Cos I remember the exclamation mark lighting up only after the car moves for a small distance. Even Zappo was saying the same thing, if I understood correctly.

FundaG
Old 7th November 2013, 20:54   #5108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
But sir this does not happen in W6 as it does not have touch screen
Old 7th November 2013, 22:33   #5109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Are you sure Heavy horse? Cos I remember the exclamation mark lighting up only after the car moves for a small distance. Even Zappo was saying the same thing, if I understood correctly.
FundaG
FG, Zappo and you are absolutely correct. I stand corrected.
I just checked it out and indeed, the car has to move a slight distance before the alerts kick off on the infotainment screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
But sir this does not happen in W6 as it does not have touch screen
Nitin, there must be some mechanism, because without an alert system, there's no point in having all these sensors. You could check with Debuda, since he too has a W6.
Old 8th November 2013, 10:46   #5110
Distinguished - BHPian

I will be taking delivery of XUV from Chennai on 18th of November.

I know that diesel cars does not have to be 'run in' as religiously as petrol cars. However, it is still recommended in this forum that we follow a 'run in' period for diesel cars too.
I did it for my present Figo Diesel when I bought it three years back.

My question is:
What is the rpm range in which I should drive for the initial 3000 Kms of 'run in' period?

Thanks in advance
Old 8th November 2013, 10:52   #5111
BHPian

@dhanushmenon, the run in period is essential for petrol and diesel cars alike and so suggest to take it easy with the throttle. I find that 'around 2k rpm' range as the ideal operating condition. Try not to take her beyond 100kmph. Again the ideal speed would be around 90 kmph. But once in a while, just once in a while, expose her to rpms 3k, 4k, but make sure you don't stay there for more than a few seconds. Try not to accelerate and decelerate hard. It's really tough to follow this, with a beast like XUV, which is ever ready to roar.

All the best with your new ride.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 11:04   #5112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
What is the rpm range in which I should drive for the initial 3000 Kms of 'run in' period?
I thought the 'run in' was 5000 kms? Or is that only for the first service?

Anyway, I just crossed the 3500 kms mark on my XUV and crossed 120 kmph only twice in that period (managed to reach 160 kmph for a few seconds on the Bangalore Hassan highway). Otherwise, I have been holding myself with great difficulty to not press the pedal to the floor whenever I am on the highway. So if the run in period is only 3000 kms, I am free to stand on the pedal right?
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 11:07   #5113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
@dhanushmenon, the run in period is essential for petrol and diesel cars alike and so suggest to take it easy with the throttle. I find that 'around 2k rpm' range as the ideal operating condition. Try not to take her beyond 100kmph. Again the ideal speed would be around 90 kmph. But once in a while, just once in a while, expose her to rpms 3k, 4k, but make sure you don't stay there for more than a few seconds. Try not to accelerate and decelerate hard. It's really tough to follow this, with a beast like XUV, which is ever ready to roar.

All the best with your new ride.
Thanks for the valuable input.
However, I was given to understand from SDP's and mannubhai's thread that the ideal gear shift rpm as per manual is around 1200- 1600 rpm and also that at 2000 rpm in sixth gear, the vehicle will well be above 100 kmph.

Since I do not have first hand experience, would you kindly elaborate as to how to keep it in the optimum rpm range
Old 8th November 2013, 11:19   #5114
BHPian

@dhanushmenon, I have found that the turbo kicks in at around 1800 rpm and it's better to keep the turbo running all through out, for obvious reasons. During my run-in period, I hardly got chance to take her to 6th gear. It was only in highway conditions though. However the beauty with the mHawk is it's low range torque. You wouldn't stall or feel a sluggish engine at around 2k rpm even in 6th gear.

The most important and the most difficult is to have a light foot on the accelerator.
Old 8th November 2013, 12:16   #5115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post

Thanks for the valuable input.
However, I was given to understand from SDP's and mannubhai's thread that the ideal gear shift rpm as per manual is around 1200- 1600 rpm and also that at 2000 rpm in sixth gear, the vehicle will well be above 100 kmph.

Since I do not have first hand experience, would you kindly elaborate as to how to keep it in the optimum rpm range
1200 is too low, it will put pressure on engine in xuv. Best range is between 1600-2000 rpm. Keep changing between this range till run in and you would be safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks