Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2012, 22:02   #3601
PGA
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
-Cruise control : 10/10. Dint get an opportunity to do a long distance. However tried it out on the elevated high way and Nice road, and it worked great. By the way, a general question on cruise control. If the speed is set at say 80kms while driving on a straight road and then you hit a flyover or a slope, would the car continue at the same speed or would the speed increase while coming down the slope and decrease while traveling up the slope.

FundaG
The car maintains the set speed. While ascending one can distinctly feel acceleration as the car tends to come back to its set speed and during down slopes one can feel the decelaration as it reduces minor spike up and tends to bring it to the set speed.
Old 21st October 2012, 23:40   #3602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted
Hi FundaG! Quick question on the mats. Do these mats cover all the 3 rows? I went to a dealer yesterday and he had stock of some good mats, but they only covered the front and middle rows..
Yes they do cover all three rows and fits perfectly. Go for the maxpider 3d kagu mats.
Old 22nd October 2012, 01:08   #3603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Hi FundaG! Quick question on the mats. Do these mats cover all the 3 rows? I went to a dealer yesterday and he had stock of some good mats, but they only covered the front and middle rows..
D&D, I Spoke to the dealer, He is supposed to get the mats of similar style in this week which will cover all the three rows and may be 500 bucks extra.

btw, it was nice to see you and your cheetah.. good luck with your drive and I will keep you posted about the 3rd row mats when I collect them.

Also as said, I would ordering the Focal 165 VB components for front and PC 165 Co-axials for rear tomorrow from @Bass&Trouble. Will let you know how are they sounding. it is kind of exciting to know that you will be getting your delivery within a week.
Old 22nd October 2012, 01:50   #3604
BHPian

Ok so will be buying the 3d kagu matts in a day or two as i haven't ordered any matts with the dealer so will need to install them immediately after the delivery.

also I am reading a lot about the wiper issue. should I buy bosch wipers beforehand and replace the one that coming along with the car immediately? I am being a bit paranoid here but I don't want any scratches on the windshield of my new car!
Old 22nd October 2012, 05:09   #3605
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, VinJosep. Though I carefully read the instructions regarding Assembly Section, I'm not fully clear as to how I can bring my thread "out of hibernation" ASAP. I have nothing more to say as far as my PDI is concerned and any further reporting about my XUV would be possible only after I take delivery.
I can't see your thread, so I assume it is in assemby. Add your initial ownership experience and inform the mods, that should take care of it. Wishing you happy miles in advance.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:02   #3606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda

Though I carefully read the instructions regarding Assembly Section, I'm not fully clear as to how I can bring my thread "out of hibernation" ASAP.
You have to request mods to bring it out of assembly section. Btw i read it and one thing to say, you may be old but still young at heart(selection of RM).
Congratulations, expecting a detailed report from you.

Last edited by Vasuki : 22nd October 2012 at 10:03.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:16   #3607
BHPian

Quote:

- Gear shift : 6/10 . Not butter smooth like in the Japanese/Korean cars. Down shifting is always an effort especially slotting into gears 1, 2 or 3. Also at times the reverse gear does not fall into slot at all when the car is in parked state and the only way is to pump the accelarator in nuetral, shift to first gear and then shift to reverse. Was really pissed off initially, but with time I am used to this maneuver. Again something, I believe, that would be sorted out after the first service.
This is definitely odd - the gears are butter smooth in my XUV. Its about 1.5 months old with 2K Kms on the ODO - The only gear that is hard to engage is going from 2 to 1 when the vehicle is in crawl motion - even that is butter smooth if attempted at stand still. You should definitely not take an answer from the SA that "XUVs are like that ".

Quote:
- THere is a kat-kat-kat noise when accelarating in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears which gets feeble at higher gears. Am not sure if it is a niggle .
I have a similar issue - though its not Kat-kat , but more a Vrrrrrrr vibration from some badly put panels on the dashboard, have just been lazy to take it to the service center for this - will defer to 1st service probably.

Quote:
Also there are no provisions on the visor to tuck in the toll bills or mall parking tickets etc.
There is ! - its a little tricky though, holds only stiff card like tickets - its on the visible side of the visor on the driver side ( i.e. no need to pull down the visor for ticket holder like in most cars - its like a small slot, slide in the ticket from the left of the slot )

Quote:
- The light of the Rear AC switch does not come on, though the AC for the rear passenger is working.
Same problem in mine too.

Quote:
- GPS navigator : Still to try it out effectively. Tried the voice feature while driving in heavy traffic and it really scared the **** out of me . Its seems there is no option to decrease the volume and sudden shrill vice of the lady really hits you.
There is a volume control , tricky again ! - you need to press MENU button the dashboard -> settings ->Volume to adjust navigation volume.
Old 22nd October 2012, 11:58   #3608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post
D&D, I Spoke to the dealer, He is supposed to get the mats of similar style in this week which will cover all the three rows and may be 500 bucks extra.

Just took a snapshot of the driver side with the mats and the scuff plate.

FundaG
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20121022-11.34.17.jpg  

fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:14   #3609
BHPian

Got my XUV yesterday morning. Was supposed to get it this evening but I get a call from Dad on Sunday morning at 10.00 A.M. asking me to come home by 11.00 to meet some business associates. Wifey is full of complaints as she said she wanted to get the house chores done etc. I said it will only take an hour or so but for some reason she kept delaying leaving home. Finally leave home and reach my parents place. As soon as I get off the car two guys who look very familiar open the Garage gates and there she was "My very own Black Cheetah". The RM, service head and India Garage Manager all standing there with chocolates, flowers and my XUV on a Sunday morning.

My wifey had planned the whole thing wherein she had spoken to the guys in India Garage to deliver my XUV at home. Hats off to the guys at India Garage, Chennai especially Mr. Srinivasan who is the GM, India Garage. You guys made me feel special with your very special service.

Loving every bit of it. Have already done 130 kms in my XUV. Will leave for a roadtrip tomorrow morning and cover over 1700 kms in the next 5 days. With the rains, this trip should really test the XUV. Will start my ownership thread once I am back on Sunday. Btw i got my XUV W6 black with full beige seats which look very nice compared to the beige and chocolate brown color seats. Are these in the new batch of vehicles or always been this way?
redsfx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 14:06   #3610
BHPian

probably this is the default fabric color in Black and White XUVs..
Old 22nd October 2012, 14:31   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Got my XUV yesterday morning. Was supposed to get it this evening but I get a call from Dad on Sunday morning at 10.00 A.M. asking me to come home by 11.00 to meet some business associates. Wifey is full of complaints as she said she wanted to get the house chores done etc. I said it will only take an hour or so but for some reason she kept delaying leaving home. Finally leave home and reach my parents place. As soon as I get off the car two guys who look very familiar open the Garage gates and there she was "My very own Black Cheetah". The RM, service head and India Garage Manager all standing there with chocolates, flowers and my XUV on a Sunday morning.

My wifey had planned the whole thing wherein she had spoken to the guys in India Garage to deliver my XUV at home. Hats off to the guys at India Garage, Chennai especially Mr. Srinivasan who is the GM, India Garage. You guys made me feel special with your very special service.

Loving every bit of it. Have already done 130 kms in my XUV. Will leave for a roadtrip tomorrow morning and cover over 1700 kms in the next 5 days. With the rains, this trip should really test the XUV. Will start my ownership thread once I am back on Sunday. Btw i got my XUV W6 black with full beige seats which look very nice compared to the beige and chocolate brown color seats. Are these in the new batch of vehicles or always been this way?

Congrats on your XUV. Would have loved to have a similar or atleast half the experience with the dealer from whom I took my XUV. Some dealers do know how to treat the customers. Believe it is high time Mahindra gave a session to all dealers across India how to handle XUV and future Rexton customers. Any 10lac + car on Indian roads are luxury vehicles with owners expecting some amount of luxury treatment which all dealers need to understand.

FundaG
Old 22nd October 2012, 16:26   #3612
BHPian

Quote:
Just took a snapshot of the driver side with the mats and the scuff plate.

FundaG
Hey Can you post the pictures in day light as it is little dark picture, I am unable to see them. Also, Try posting pictures of the all the three rows of matting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx
Btw i got my XUV W6 black with full beige seats which look very nice compared to the beige and chocolate brown color seats. Are these in the new batch of vehicles or always been this way?
Black always came with full beige interiors from beginning. May be you can post some pictures and we can compare with what we have seen till date.

Last edited by balenoboy : 22nd October 2012 at 16:31. Reason: mutiquoting
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:01   #3613
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post
Hey Can you post the pictures in day light as it is little dark picture, I am unable to see them. Also, Try posting pictures of the all the three rows of matting.
balenoboy,
Please check following posts for the pics.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2857744

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2858789
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:36   #3614
BHPian

Finally I have booked w6 - back. Desperately wanted purple (rather my wife wanted it). However seems purple is not available in W6. So settled for black as I already have cars which are grey and silver. Delivery date not promised as yet - dealer claims should be in 15 days. I am ok if they deliver until diwali.
tictactoe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 19:32   #3615
BHPian

Ok so I purchased the black 3D Kagu Maxpider matts for XUV 500 today. damage was 7,250. but i have one question (stupid one.. but nevertheless). the driver side matt is a bit smaller compared to the front passenger side, which is a bit longer. I know it maybe due to the pedals on the driver side but still checking. is it correct?

P.S. - Sorry but posting here and not on dedicated 3D kagu matts thread as it is XUV specific and already being discussed here.

Last edited by magikrider : 22nd October 2012 at 19:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks