Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 08:22   #3556
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I wouldn't rely too much on the dealer's PDI. There is clearly a conflict of interest. Just imagine the situation where the dealer does find something minor wrong with a particular vehicle. Now the vehicle is already billed to the dealer, so its not like he can send it back to M&M and ask for a replacement. The customer is not going to pay him extra for fixing that minor thing. So any effort and cost that goes from the dealer's pocket after finding any minor/major problems in the PDI is not being reimbursed by anybody. Do you still think, the dealer has an incentive to do a thorough PDI of YOUR vehicle?

Sharing an experience - I did a PDI for my car and called up the dealer to go ahead with the registration. When I took delivery, there were couple of small scratches and dings on the car. When I asked the sales-manager, he tried to squirm out of it by claiming that it must have happened during the transit from the factory to the yard. When I told him firmly that I had checked the vehicle thoroughly in the yard and the scratches/dings were not there at that time, ONLY THEN he admitted it to be his problem and offered to fix it.

So, point is, even if it is for just 15-20 minutes, please do the PDI YOURSELF. Its YOU who are going to live with that vehicle for 5 years.

Last edited by SDP : 17th October 2012 at 08:35.
SDP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 12:28   #3557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Ok so I had my PDI at the stockyard today. couldn't do detailed PDI as it was getting late. ..... I was also informed that they do detailed PDI before delivering each and every vehicle ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
I was in a similar situation. Had to do more of a quick PDI as the stockyard was not conducive to help with the thorough PDI checklist. My dealer also told me the same thing about them doing a thorough PDI before delivering the vehicle. Was satisfied with the brief PDI. I guys I will only be able to check on the driving related items after taking delivery tomorrow. Can't wait!
Looking forward to see the rexton in flesh.
At times we do not have time or patience to do PDIs ourselves due to various reasons and some are valid in terms of the vehicle being in the middle of the big pile of vehicles and also covered. While I agree that the vehicle is purchased with the hard earned money of each individual, we are carried away by the fact we should be behind the wheels first, that we do not look at the importance of doing the PDI ourselves. I am a victim of such a thing where I want to get my hands in driving my vehicle that I did not do PDI for my vehicle [of course, I got i20 and not XUV, but following the thread so I can own this in due course]

Anyway, the point I want to make here is, though the dealer say they do thorough PDI for every vehicle, are we either asking them the PDI that they do and what it is? Do we ask them to share the result of the PDI they have done? Do they provide it without asking for it? Even if they do, is it as detailed as what is provided by people in TBHP?

Unless we know these, I dont think we should be satisfied that the PDI they do should be sufficient.
krishnaraja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 12:52   #3558
BHPian

I agree its better if we can have our own PDI. but sometimes the stockyard guys aren't much co-operative. when I went there the guy incharge was such and also throwing lot of attitude. then some other sensible guy stepped in and I could do my brief PDI. so this other guy told me that during their PDI if they find any minor mistake also they report it back to the company and the delivery is then kept on hold until matter is solved. but its always better if we get a chance for a proper PDI ofcourse.
magikrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 18:46   #3559
BHPian

Hi guys I am planning to buy XUV 5OO (AWD). Today I got a call from a dealer saying that if I book within a day or two I will get the delivery by Diwali.
Earlier I was told that the waiting period is anywhere between 2.5 to 4 month.
Did I miss something or is it the Rexton Effect?

Color Choice available: (White/Gray/Purple)
Old 17th October 2012, 19:29   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3danikesh
Hi guys I am planning to buy XUV 5OO (AWD). Today I got a call from a dealer saying that if I book within a day or two I will get the delivery by Diwali.
Earlier I was told that the waiting period is anywhere between 2.5 to 4 month.
Did I miss something or is it the Rexton Effect?

Color Choice available: (White/Gray/Purple)
I believe you did miss a very important thing. The catch would be you have to pay in full. Not just the booking amount. Do check back with the dealer.
Old 17th October 2012, 19:34   #3561
anm
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Hi folks - what tyre pressure do you recommend for XUV? The recommended by Mahindra is 32 and 30 for front and rear. Person at petrol pump recommended 35 for all.
Will increasing the tyre pressure increase the mileage? Will it make the ride rough?
My car right now is parked in the open during day, but hopefully it will go in an underground parking during work hours in a month or so.

In delhi, what is recommended pressure during summers and in winters?

Note from Moderator: Post moved to appropriate thread. Please continue the discussion here. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 17th October 2012 at 21:36. Reason: See note in post
Old 17th October 2012, 21:33   #3562
BHPian

went to the showroom to sign the loan agreement and pay the down payment. saw the rexton out there. its a bit longer than XUV alright but it isn't as spacious and as comfy as the XUV. front seats are fine but the middle row seating is quite low and definitely much less legroom compared to the XUV and the last row is completely useless. you have to almost sit as if you are sitting on the ground crossing your legs. its the lowest and most uncomfortable seat I have ever seen in a car! engine is also much noisier comparatively. outside its pretty noisy. and the centre kenwood touchscreen unit also looks like an aftermarket fitment unlike XUV which has much more info in it alongwith the music system. all in all its not worth spending 20+ lacs for rexton (thats for manual version. AT version is almost 24 lacs on road mumbai). XUV is way better and practical and way more value for money.
magikrider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 23:05   #3563
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm View Post
Hi folks - what tyre pressure do you recommend for XUV? The recommended by Mahindra is 32 and 30 for front and rear. Person at petrol pump recommended 35 for all.
Will increasing the tyre pressure increase the mileage? Will it make the ride rough?
  1. IMHO, one should adhere to the tyre pressures recommended by the manufacturers. They obviously recommend the optimal pressures based on their design parameters.
  2. Higher than recommended tyre pressure may indeed improve mileage marginally, but ride quality, handling, traction and safety would be adversely affected and also the center part of the tyre would wear out faster than the edges.
debuda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 02:03   #3564
BHPian

Atlast Guys, good news for me.. Feb 26th 2013 delivery - CPD date has changed now. They promised me to give me the delivery by end of October 2012 now. I have bugging a lot of people for this starting from SE to SM to RM. They heard my cries and shouts.

Lets see if they are going to stick to their pricing.

Btw, prices have been hiked 0.1%

AP Prices: W6 - 11.81 Lks; W8 - 13.34 Lks; W8 AWD - 14.43 Lks

This is second price hike after I booked my vehicle. Hope they are not hiking any more before I get the delivery.

Also I heard about this ban of sun film across India. I was talking to a friend of mine and he has been instructed by local police to stop installing any films acros vehicles who go to him(Hyd).
balenoboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 14:33   #3565
anm
BHPian

I checked the rear tyre. It says pressure not to exceed 40.
Also when you are driving for a long distance, and at higher speeds, the temperature goes up and pressure increases, while tyre rubber gets softer due to high temp.

But for city driving, I think 35 should be fine instead of recommended 32 (front) and 30 rear. Any further thoughts?
Old 18th October 2012, 15:08   #3566
BHPian

Woohoo! Booked my Black XUV W6 couple of days back and getting delivery on Monday. Damn! This wait is killing me. Getting the reverse cam and floor mats(which will be changed later). Anyother accesories worth looking at? Wanted to go in for the headrest monitors but having seen members on the forum talk about the quality of screens or rather lack of it decided against it for now. Have also planned a 2000 km trip from Tuesday to Chennai-Yelagiri-Yercaud-Kotagiri-Ooty-Yelagiri-Chennai. Anything to keep in mind when taking my brand new XUV on this long trip?

Will look at getting leather seats for my XUV once back from the trip. Any suggestions on the leather seats in terms of brand & pricing would be appreciated.
Old 18th October 2012, 16:54   #3567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Woohoo! Booked my Black XUV W6 couple of days back and getting delivery on Monday. Damn! This wait is killing me. Getting the reverse cam and floor mats(which will be changed later). Anyother accesories worth looking at?
How are you going to project the video from reverse cam in W6? Will you be replacing the IRVM with the one with video screen?

I would suggest you to look at 3D Kagu floor mats.

Quote:
Have also planned a 2000 km trip from Tuesday to Chennai-Yelagiri-Yercaud-Kotagiri-Ooty-Yelagiri-Chennai. Anything to keep in mind when taking my brand new XUV on this long trip?
Contact Sathya_sc for the same. He has covered a lot in his W6 in a matter of 5 months.

Quote:
Will look at getting leather seats for my XUV once back from the trip. Any suggestions on the leather seats in terms of brand & pricing would be appreciated.
Stanley offers some very good quality seat covers which might blend just perfectly with your beige interiors.
Old 18th October 2012, 17:14   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
How are you going to project the video from reverse cam in W6? Will you be replacing the IRVM with the one with video screen?

I would suggest you to look at 3D Kagu floor mats.

Contact Sathya_sc for the same. He has covered a lot in his W6 in a matter of 5 months.

Stanley offers some very good quality seat covers which might blend just perfectly with your beige interiors.

The reverse cam will be given to me free as an accessory(as a special case) and the person handling my account/delivery will do his best to please me so I have left it to him to decide which is best.

Will look into getting the 3D Kagu mats & Stanley leather seats once I am back from my roadtrip. Any idea on how much it would cost(the leather seats)? Is there anyway I can customise the Art leather seats(looking at getting Perforated Black seats with red stitching only at the corners & a red Cheetah on the headrest)?

Would also look at alloy wheels for the XUV. Can anybody guide me on the places I can look out for them in Chennai and the pricing?
Old 18th October 2012, 17:26   #3569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will look into getting the 3D Kagu mats & Stanley leather seats once I am back from my roadtrip. Any idea on how much it would cost(the leather seats)? Is there anyway I can customise the Art leather seats(looking at getting Perforated Black seats with red stitching only at the corners & a red Cheetah on the headrest)?
I suppose the 3D Kagu mats are available for 7250 INR for XUV and my wild guess is that the stanley leather seats will cost around 40 to 50k.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 18:51   #3570
BHPian

Quote:
Would also look at alloy wheels for the XUV. Can anybody guide me on the places I can look out for them in Chennai and the pricing?
Check out BM LAL and Raja Tyres for alloy wheels. Pricing will be around 27-30k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks