Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2012, 16:58   #3661
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
So i took that initiative and posted it on there FB page. Below is the link for others to comment.

https://www.facebook.com/MahindraXUV500?fref=ts

Somehow the link above takes us to there FB page but not to my comment directly. If any one knows how to post the link directly, then please do so. Otherwise you can look for my post from Nitin Ralli.
I looked for your post and found it. I have 'liked' it and commented : "Fully agree with Nitin Ralli. Maintt. schedule of XUV specifies 2nd. oil change at 20,000 km or 9 months, whichever is earlier. 4th. service is at 30,000 km or 12 months. Does M&M think that only taxi operators are buying XUV? I use the car for my family and my annual running is only 10,000 km. Why should I be unnecessarily forced to spend money on oil change, etc., every 3 months? I request M&M to kindly review the schedule and bring it at par with schedules of similar Indian cars."

All XUV owners on TBHP who agree with this are requested to comment on Nitin Ralli's post on FB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Just a word of caution: if you operate the rear defogger, the sticker might catch fire.

May be I am just paranoid. Please do get more opinions as well.
Thanks for your concern, SDP. But the auto-ignition temp. of paper is about 230 deg C and the defogger heats the glass to much lower temps., not more than 40-50 deg C, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
@Debuda : I think you are the first W6 model on T-BHP. How is the monochrome display? Is the display same as W8 except the colour or are there any other changes too? Would appreciate if you can post some more pics of the display.
There are many other W6 owners on TBHP. Sathya_sc's excellent ownership report http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...just-born.html readily comes to mind.

The main differences between the displays of W8 and W6 :
  1. W8 has colour touchscreen and W6 has monochrome, non-touch screen.
  2. W8 display has integrated GPS navigation. This is not provided in W6.

You can see the details of both W8 and W6 screens in your XUV Infotainment Manual which is common to both variants.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 22:32   #3662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
All XUV owners on TBHP who agree with this are requested to comment on Nitin Ralli's post on FB.
Will this help? The FB page for XUV seems to full of typical FB stuff I am not sure if the message is going to get across to Mahindra officials this way. I am wondering is there is any other way we can give our feedack?
tictactoe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 04:10   #3663
BHPian

Got the delivery of my XUV today... finally!

delivery procedure was kinda ok. my car was not well cleaned and polished when I went to take the delivery and on top of it some stupid SA was giving some potential customer demo on my car! fired him there itself. and all this despite of me clearly mentioning my SA about my delivery timing and coordinating well in advance with him. was told that the car was polished and covered but some other car which was supposed to be delivered before mine, got delayed so that cover was lifted and used for it and what not.

had to talk sternly with SA too about my disappointment about others sitting and checking my car and being used for demo inspite of clearly mentioning about that in advance as I feared about something like that happening as had seen people checking cars ready for delivery earlier in the showroom.

overall dealer service not satisfactory through out. delivery also got delayed twice than the promised date. mahindra guys need to buck up and learn from the kind of service being offered at Honda, Toyota or even Hyundai dealerships.

the only good part about the entire process was the thorough demo given by a technical guy from the dealership. was explained each and every feature in detail for about an hour-hour and a half. wish the entire team was that good. we expect good service when spending a million and a half!

but the Car is amazing. lovely engine. had to check the RPM meter every now and then to not cross 2500 RPM. pick up is good. will get better hopefully when engine gets smoother after initial running in and first service.

took the car for a spin at midnight! crossed my 100 kmph mark for the first time on my cheetah on the worli-bandra sea link. felt awesome! the car also has very good ride quality and takes on bad roads with ease. covered about 80 kms till now on the first day.

have three doubts. one being about the tyres. was told by the demo guy that nitrogen is recommended and it comes factory filled with nitrogen only and so we need to do top up of nitrogen when required and not regular air. is this how it is with XUV?

second being my iPod not being able to connect properly. it doesn't connect properly via USB but when I remove the USB pin half way it shows connected and then reads properly. strange. I think the USB thing is not proper.

and third - cant change the folders/albums using steering mounted controls. had to select a album manually out of hundreds of album. had to scroll all the way there to select the album using the touch screen or the hardware key on the centre console. then once when the album is selected, you can change the songs using the steering mounted controls. is this normal?
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 06:54   #3664
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Got the delivery of my XUV today... finally!

delivery procedure was kinda ok. my car was not well cleaned and polished when I went to take the delivery and on top of it some stupid SA was giving some potential customer demo on my car! ...
overall dealer service not satisfactory through out. delivery also got delayed twice than the promised date. mahindra guys need to buck up and learn from the kind of service being offered at Honda, Toyota or even Hyundai dealerships.
Congratulations magikrider! Let me guess the dealer. NBS? (Apparently they don't have a demo car!)

Quote:
have three doubts. one being about the tyres. was told by the demo guy that nitrogen is recommended and it comes factory filled with nitrogen only and so we need to do top up of nitrogen when required and not regular air. is this how it is with XUV?
I believe this is NOT true.

Quote:
second being my iPod not being able to connect properly. it doesn't connect properly via USB but when I remove the USB pin half way it shows connected and then reads properly. strange. I think the USB thing is not proper.
Looks like a loose contact. Try a different cable or a different device, to isolate the problem. Please get it checked once confirmed.

Quote:
...and third - cant change the folders/albums using steering mounted controls. had to select a album manually out of hundreds of album. had to scroll all the way there to select the album using the touch screen or the hardware key on the centre console. then once when the album is selected, you can change the songs using the steering mounted controls. is this normal?
This is how it is. There is one trick - a long-press - which helps you to scroll faster (A->B->C and so on) in the List mode. Please try it, it would be less painful.

Congratulations once again! Enjoy the ride and drive responsibly.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 14:53   #3665
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations magikrider! Let me guess the dealer. NBS? (Apparently they don't have a demo car!)
Thanks a lot SDP! yeah. they don't have a demo car as the showroom is pretty small. they have TD cars though which are outside but no DEMO cars which is not good.

Quote:
There is one trick - a long-press - which helps you to scroll faster (A->B->C and so on) in the List mode. Please try it, it would be less painful.

Congratulations once again! Enjoy the ride and drive responsibly.
yeah I figured that out. long press changes the page so you can reach the desired location faster. but its kinda sad you cant select the folder or album from the steering mounted controls. a very imp. feature missed out.

also the touchscreen was acting a bit weird when I was trying to set the radio station. when trying to select station no. 3 it was selecting 2! so just switched off the car and started again and it worked fine. weird. makes me remind of the old windows PC!

will have to start noting everything which I feel is acting a bit strange and weird so can inform the RM, whom I am yet meet, during the first service visit. like the gearbox is a bit hard when trying to slot in 5th and more on 6th.

also did you change the engine oil after the first 1000 kms as usually advised on the forum? when is it usually required to change on XUV's? whats the normal routine with bhpians owing the XUV? as I think otherwise it will be done only during the first service. and if required, is it only the engine oil or any other oil too?

and thanks once again for the kind wishes!
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 19:17   #3666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also did you change the engine oil after the first 1000 kms as usually advised on the forum? when is it usually required to change on XUV's? whats the normal routine with bhpians owing the XUV? as I think otherwise it will be done only during the first service. and if required, is it only the engine oil or any other oil too?
Change engine oil at first service only, in any case mahindra has very short intervals for XUV so i dont see a point in changing oil at 1K kms.

During first service, only engine oil and filter is changed, rest is all general checkup. Will set you back with 2-2.5K only.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 19:58   #3667
BHPian

I have booked a M&M XUV 5OO on August - W6 model and after few weeks, I have been a CPD date of Feb 26th, 2013. When I called the customer care and showroom, they said that it could be an error and will change soon. When I checked with them in mid of Oct, they promised me the delivery at the end of October 2012.

Today again I heard the shock of my life from M&M people - inclusive of SA, SM, and RM of Hyderabad - Saurabh Khare. I called them to check for my expected delivery date of so called W6 booking and they now inform me that they cant promise me any date as of now. They say that Plant has changed the priorities in manufacturing W6s and W8s. And they will will only manufacture W8s and I can get a W8 delivery ASAP if I want. As I booked a W6, it may take longer time to get it delivered. Just so that you know,

WOW, what a response!!!! after booking and waiting for 3 months, they say they are fine with cancelling with my booking.

RM - Saurabh Khare says that there are no W6 deliveries in AP. When I questioned him that why is that my other friends on Team BHP from different states are getting deliveries who have booked after me. He says he doesn't have an answer and there are no deliveries of W6s in AP in near future. I think AP is a privileged state and only W8s are delivered here. Poor people like me from AP who book W6s are worthless for M&M.

I have one question for you, When M&M don't want to deliver W6, why did you release that model first of all. Are the M&M guys playing with us, I am planning to cancel the booking of the vehicle and end up booking ANY car in this world other than M&M. Totally totally disappointed by them.

VERY VERY VERY Disappointed with the responsiveness and customer care and CRM.

Is there any one above the stupid RM- who cant do anything, whom I can contact and get the vehicle delivered.

Last edited by balenoboy : 30th October 2012 at 20:21. Reason: quick correction
Old 30th October 2012, 20:07   #3668
BHPian

This is shocking indeed Balenoboy. I have seen similar attitude from Mahindra dealers here in Bangalore/Mysore also, seems like success has gone to their heads.

I suggest you drop this and look for other options.
Old 30th October 2012, 22:15   #3669
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post

Is there any one above the stupid RM- who cant do anything, whom I can contact and get the vehicle delivered.

Speak to the regional manager, I am certain Hyderabad will have one. Speak to Customer Care first and ask them to give the email ID and phone no of the gentleman. You will get his number/email from the official website too. Raise the matter with him, I am certain it will get resolved.
Old 30th October 2012, 22:46   #3670
BHPian

Quote:

Contact @ customercare@mahindra.com. They are very fast in responding. In my case, had booked the vehicle in July 13th. I was allotted a date towards end of the year. I wanted to prepone the delivery to schedule it with Kerala new year between Aug 17th to Sept 16th. Eventually they told me vehicle has been dispatched and would be ready by Sept 6th, but took delivery on 14th Sep.

Customercare told me to contact the Regional Sales Manager @ mahindra regional office, they told me if I choose colors like white/silver/balck delivery can be further preponed to August 1st week itself. I choose dolphin grey, so that's why the delay. Anyway, pretty satisfied with the immediate response from customer care and regional office personnel.

BTW I find it strange, RM was introduced to me only on the delivery date. In your case you already know the RM
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 23:00   #3671
BHPian

People in South Bangalore here is a good news. A new XUV service center has opened in Bannerghatta Road. http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/produc...erlocator.aspx

This is at the same place as erstwhile SKS. Has anyone been there? Please share the experience if yes
Old 30th October 2012, 23:06   #3672
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked a M&M XUV 5OO on August - W6 model and after few weeks, I have been a CPD date of Feb 26th, 2013. When I called the customer care and showroom, they said that it could be an error and will change soon. When I checked with them in mid of Oct, they promised me the delivery at the end of October 2012.

Today again I heard the shock of my life from M&M people - inclusive of SA, SM, and RM of Hyderabad - Saurabh Khare.

I have one question for you, When M&M don't want to deliver W6, why did you release that model first of all. Are the M&M guys playing with us, I am planning to cancel the booking of the vehicle and end up booking ANY car in this world other than M&M. Totally totally disappointed by them.
Dear Balenoboy -- Please send me a mail briefly outlining your problem, your booking reference No. and scan of your OTF (order taking form). I'll take up the matter with the same gentleman at M&M in Bombay who helped me to expedite delivery of my W6. I cannot promise whether he will be able to help, but there is no harm in trying.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 23:11   #3673
BHPian

Quote:

Well i suggest you one simple solution. Don't buy the car. As it is after buying you will need a very good relation from the A.S.S, as they aren't friendly now, i suppose they wont cooperate one bit after you buy the car, because believe me, you will need to visit them for various niggles which you will surely incur. XUV is a vehicle for which you surely need good relations with the showroom guys .
So my advice to you- Go for any other car except this, maybe that's destiny showing you the right way .
Old 31st October 2012, 01:02   #3674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Dear Balenoboy -- Please send me a mail briefly outlining your problem, your booking reference No. and scan of your OTF (order taking form). I'll take up the matter with the same gentleman at M&M in Bombay who helped me to expedite delivery of my W6. I cannot promise whether he will be able to help, but there is no harm in trying.
Thanks Debuda.. Please pm me your contact email address so that I can send all the details to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Contact @ customercare@mahindra.com. They are very fast in responding. In my case, had booked the vehicle in July 13th. I was allotted a date towards end of the year. I wanted to prepone the delivery to schedule it with Kerala new year between Aug 17th to Sept 16th. Eventually they told me vehicle has been dispatched and would be ready by Sept 6th, but took delivery on 14th Sep.

Customercare told me to contact the Regional Sales Manager @ mahindra regional office, they told me if I choose colors like white/silver/balck delivery can be further preponed to August 1st week itself. I choose dolphin grey, so that's why the delay. Anyway, pretty satisfied with the immediate response from customer care and regional office personnel.

@Abhinavinc - As of now, relationship with *** has been great. Its the Regional Mahindra manager who has reacted to me like this. The way he was telling me - He already spoke to plant manager multiple times because of me and if they are not giving any confirmation, what can he do about my delivery.

BTW I find it strange, RM was introduced to me only on the delivery date. In your case you already know the RM
Vasuki - Saurabh Khare who I mentioned earlier, the person who responded to me is the RM of AP. I have been talking to him from last one month and he is the one who promised to deliver by end of the October and now he is the one who is saying we cannot give any date to you as of now, you will have to wait till your CPD which is almost March 2013.

Also, I have left out a note to the President - Pawan Goenka & chairman - Anand Mahindra writing the same story on twitter and to their email addresses. I have heard stories about they responding to their customers earlier. Lets see if they have to say/do anything now.

Last edited by balenoboy : 31st October 2012 at 01:06. Reason: correction
Old 31st October 2012, 21:29   #3675
BHPian

Anand Mahindra@ In JDPower Customer Service Index results Mahindra ranks 5th out of 12 Auto cos with most improved score- a 54 point increase!”

This is the statement from M&M Heads in twitter which is sounding like a good success for them.

May be they need to look at people (like me, many) which have resisted that to 54 point increase.

Product matters!!! Customers Do Matter!!!

What do you say guys!!!
balenoboy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks