Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:33   #4411
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
here you go guys, the pics I hope this is helpful!
Thanks a lot AGwagon!
These pics give me solid ammo to take up the matter with my service-center.

If it is not too much trouble, can you please share a pic of the software version of the various sub-systems? Something like the image below:
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_1343.jpg

Should have asked this when I asked for a pic of the trip-meter, but slipped out of my mind. Sorry for the trouble.
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:37   #4412
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 2WD Vs AWD

Still Iam in a dilemma in choosing the Model of XUV 5OO.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3133413
Expecting more response to my post.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:14   #4413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Still Iam in a dilemma in choosing the Model of XUV 5OO.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3133413
Expecting more response to my post.
Hi Karthik, there are no detailed reviews of the AWD in the forum or anywhere online to arrive at a conclusion.
The sad part is that none of the dealers have a AWD test drive vehicle to compare as well.

All that you need to decide is the value for additional 2 lac you pay for the AWD version.
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:28   #4414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Hi Karthik, there are no detailed reviews of the AWD in the forum or anywhere online to arrive at a conclusion.
The sad part is that none of the dealers have a AWD test drive vehicle to compare as well.

All that you need to decide is the value for additional 2 lac you pay for the AWD version.

Yes Binze,

I have checked all dealers, But no one has AWD Test Drive carand escalated to M&M too and got a call from them and requested to wait for some more days and they will arrange a TD from anyone of the Chennai Dealer.
Zuleikha Rep. promised me to give a TD with AWD vehicle after speaking with one of their customer.
Again as you said no valuable review for AWD. SAD.

what about your thread on New XUV 5OO? I have been waiting for.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:36   #4415
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Karthik, yet to find time for the review.
Change in job, hectic travel due to business requirements is holding the review back. The car has run just 1500 Kms in the last 2 months and no highway run until now. Can you believe that ? That's the reason for no reviews until now.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:42   #4416
BHPian

Quote:
Again as you said no valuable review for AWD. SAD.

Hi aks_karthik,

I know that there is no official review for AWD XUV. But there is the XUV AWD ownership log of our mod anshuman. Here is the link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rship-log.html

He has detailed his experiences with the beast and as far as I know there is no specific niggle or issue with the AWD variant. Only thing you have to account for is the value that it will add to you and your usage. IIRC, anshuman is taking his XUV to Ladakh this month.

Hope this was helpful!
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:56   #4417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Hi aks_karthik,

I know that there is no official review for AWD XUV. But there is the XUV AWD ownership log of our mod anshuman. Here is the link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rship-log.html

He has detailed his experiences with the beast and as far as I know there is no specific niggle or issue with the AWD variant. Only thing you have to account for is the value that it will add to you and your usage. IIRC, anshuman is taking his XUV to Ladakh this month.

Hope this was helpful!
Thanx narsi_6989,

I have already read Anushman Thread and other available details in Internet.
1.4 Lakhs difference is the deciding factor finally as we can't able to test drive and decide. Heard some details about AWD and everything is more in postive way.
I'll be waiting for some M&M dealer to come up with AWD TD.
Old 3rd June 2013, 19:50   #4418
BHPian

Quote:
ag WAGON, I think you can call yourself BULLET TRAIN now

You are the ONLY guy on the forum that has that much coveted extra digit on the trip meter.
Old 4th June 2013, 17:59   #4419
rlg
BHPian

SDP,

I don't recall if I have 4 digit trip meter, but I certainly have a newer version than yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20130516_131028.jpg  

rlg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 20:27   #4420
Senior - BHPian

Here's a new mail for Purple club members. Just an FYI incase you guys missed it.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Purple Club presents an exclusive service that will sanitize and deodorize your XUV500's interiors and also freshen up its AC system.

To avail of this service:
SMS 'AC' to 575758, from your registered mobile number.
Once you've messaged us, we will send you a service code.
You can present this code to your Relationship Manager who'll be happy to
help you.
Alternatively, you can avail of this service on your next service visit within the validity period.
For more information on the service, you can either:
Contact your Relationship Manager
Dial into 1800-266-7000 between 8 am and 8 pm, Monday to Saturday.
With Warm Regards,
Team Purple Club
Valid till: 20-11-2013
nitinralli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 17:59   #4421
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
During my last visit (about a month ago) to the A.S.S. I did check with them regarding the additional digit on the trip meter. They were unaware of it and so nothing could be done.
Quote:
Debuda and other XUV owners, based on the trip-meter picture shared by AGwagon, I did take up the matter with my RM, who had earlier denied that such a thing exists. He did some digging on his part and came back with the following:
1. The newer cars (current production line) are coming with 4.1 digit (4 numerals and one digit after decimal) trip-meters.
2. For older batches, there is a software upgrade that is available that can change the trip meter from 3.1 to 4.1 format. Apparently a half an hour job.

I have made a note of it. Definitely NOT sending the vehicle to get this change done, but adding it to my running-list of jobs to be done during next visit.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 18:03   #4422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Debuda and other XUV owners, based on the trip-meter picture shared by AGwagon, I did take up the matter with my RM, who had earlier denied that such a thing exists. He did some digging on his part and came back with the following:
1. The newer cars (current production line) are coming with 4.1 digit (4 numerals and one digit after decimal) trip-meters.
2. For older batches, there is a software upgrade that is available that can change the trip meter from 3.1 to 4.1 format. Apparently a half an hour job.

I have made a note of it. Definitely NOT sending the vehicle to get this change done, but adding it to my running-list of jobs to be done during next visit.
Absolutely right SDP. I just got a reply from Customer Care reproduced below:

Dear Sir

Based on the feedback received from our XUV500 customers earlier, our Engineering team had worked on the software and ensured that the 4th digit is activated in the trip meter. This change has been implemented sometime last month.

The vehicles prior to this change can be converted to 4 digit trip-meter with a software re-flash.

Please contact your Relationship Manager for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Nisha Goradia
Customer Care-Automotive Division
Tel:-022-28849032
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 18:36   #4423
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg View Post
SDP,

I don't recall if I have 4 digit trip meter, but I certainly have a newer version than yours.
The image that I shared was a old one flicked from the net and does not represent the version that I have in my car.

Thanks for sharing the current versions. I would crosscheck them with the ones that I have currently.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Absolutely right SDP. I just got a reply from Customer Care reproduced below:

Dear Sir

Based on the feedback received from our XUV500 customers earlier, our Engineering team had worked on the software and ensured that the 4th digit is activated in the trip meter. This change has been implemented sometime last month.

The vehicles prior to this change can be converted to 4 digit trip-meter with a software re-flash.

Please contact your Relationship Manager for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Nisha Goradia
Customer Care-Automotive Division
Tel:-022-28849032
Heavy_Horse, this is what pains me about M&M. They are permanently in reactive mode. We at Team-BHP (the active lot) many-a-times know more about what's happening and which niggles are "trending" and M&M would convey stale information that too when asked for.
Old 5th June 2013, 19:55   #4424
BHPian

Quote:
Heavy_Horse, this is what pains me about M&M. They are permanently in reactive mode. We at Team-BHP (the active lot) many-a-times know more about what's happening and which niggles are "trending" and M&M would convey stale information that too when asked for.
What you say is true and would obtain in a more evolved organisation. But I'm happy that M&M like Airtel and a few other Indian organisations do respond. So in that sense it is a step forward. I asked them about MMI Version 8, and they are fixing it tomorrow . Today their ASM called to find out the status, so the MMI upgrade, 4th digit on tripmeter and reverse horn enabling is all getting done tomorrow. The fact that we guys at Team BHP kick up a fuss is a potent force and customers must put pressure on the company to perform.
Old 6th June 2013, 10:05   #4425
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing SDP. Thinking about your comment last night made me realise that I should write to Sanjoy Gupta and tell him that while they are making steady improvements, but these are not being communicated to customers, which can very easily be done via emails etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks