Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 08:02   #5911
M35
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Just to reconfirm on the warranty, posting this !

Name:  xuv warranty .png
Views: 1948
Size:  110.4 KB

Last edited by M35 : 2nd May 2014 at 08:05.
M35 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 16:38   #5912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post

The period restriction has been removed now. Earlier, it was 5,000 km or 3 months, whichever is earlier. Now, it is 5,000 km only irrespective of the period.
Hi ravi, little correction here.
Its not every 5k but 10k irrespective of time period.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 22:10   #5913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hi ravi, little correction here.
Its not every 5k but 10k irrespective of time period.
I believe the question was with respect to the first service and not the subsequent ones. The first is at 5k. The rest are at 10k intervals.
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 23:48   #5914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virender View Post
Visited Windshield and Sterling Gurgaon today .

Windshiled given price of 8320 in cash while in MASS estimates were around 11.5k with the same brand of glass (ASHI) . Can not be covered in warranty as the spot where stone hit is quite visible . Anyway will drive more some more time with crack till it become a problem in issue. there is no issue on safety from as assured by windshield guy as well the same assurance is given by the MASS .

Noticed one more thing that the height of my W4(Jan 14 Make ) is more than other XUVs standing there and the difference is quite visible . I have asked the guys around there but did not get any convincing answer . they were just guessing may be because of shockers height or break pad thickness .

I have tried to get it clarified from RM but he is unaware instead said that W4 should be less in height .

Personally I like with low height and feel the XUV lack aggression with more height.

Pls share your thoughts

Its an interesting observation although I have not noticed any difference in height till now, got a feb 14 W4. Would be going to the dealership tomorrow to get seat covers installed, would definitely try to gauge the difference in height through the display vehicles inside the showroom. On the contrary, the seating height seems to be lower as compared to competitors. A fellow Bhpian had plans of getting the W4, but he could get used to the lower seat after having owned the Thar for a couple of years. He settled for a Storme LX, which gave a more commanding view than the XUV, as per him
Old 3rd May 2014, 19:17   #5915
BHPian

I need advice on micro hybrid feature of xuv. I was told by the sales guy during the delivery to not to use the feature for the first 500 Kms. I asked the guy who came to give the demo that if micro hybrid feature is used it will shut off the engine not allowing us to do the recommended idling for 30 seconds. So should we use it or not ? I did not get any satisfactory answer so need advice from experienced xuv owners about what they suggest in this case. Should we use this feature or mot ?
Old 3rd May 2014, 20:28   #5916
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Should we use this feature or mot ?
I am using this Micro Hybrid feature right from the day one without any issues. There is no instruction in the owner's manual not to use this feature in the first 500 km. During cold starting, this feature does not activate.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-microhybrid.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 3rd May 2014 at 20:30.

Old 3rd May 2014, 22:12   #5917
BHPian

Quote:
During cold starting, this feature does not activate
]

And what about idling rule before switching off the engine ?

If micro hybrid is on then the engine is switched off automatically the moment you park your car. This happens typically at the end of a journey before we could idle the engine for a minute or so micro hybrid switches off the engine.
Old 4th May 2014, 00:55   #5918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If micro hybrid is on then the engine is switched off automatically the moment you park your car. This happens typically at the end of a journey before we could idle the engine for a minute or so micro hybrid switches off the engine.
Add to that, it also helps in messing up your electric wiring as well. Reason being, whenever I have accidently used this feature, I got one of the headlight bulb fused. So ideally you should not be using this as it hampers your engine turbo plus the electronic as well.
My two cents. Rest is up to you.
Old 4th May 2014, 01:44   #5919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
[center]Just to reconfirm on the warranty, posting this !
Is that a new development? Or has it been for quite a while now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
I believe the question was with respect to the first service and not the subsequent ones. The first is at 5k. The rest are at 10k intervals.
So, first service is at 5000 KM. And the second one is after 5000 KM again (odo on 10000 KM) and the third one is at 20000 KM. Is that correct?
Old 4th May 2014, 07:31   #5920
J.Ravi

Quote:
The engine stops after 2 seconds after releasing the clutch pedal fully when the engine idles at neutral. You can prolong the idling by pressing the clutch pedal for a few seconds more.

Old 4th May 2014, 07:37   #5921
BHPian

Quote:
The engine stops after 2 seconds after releasing the clutch pedal fully when the engine idles at neutral. You can prolong the idling by pressing the clutch pedal for a few seconds more.

Or remember to switch it off at the end if a journey. Unless this helps in securing better fuel efficiency, is it worth to switch this on ?
Old 4th May 2014, 07:46   #5922
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Is that a new development? Or has it been for quite a while now?
Not very long ago, there have been some steamy debate [link] on the XUV warranty on another thread, where people claiming it to be 2 years/65k kms. Even a quote from the manual too showed the same.

Now that I happened to see the “3 years/ 1 Lakh kms warranty” on the official website, thought of sharing it here to clear the air.

Cheers.
M35 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 10:12   #5923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As already said one can switch off the Start On/Off switch or alternatively keep the clutch pressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Add to that, it also helps in messing up your electric wiring as well. Reason being, whenever I have accidently used this feature, I got one of the headlight bulb fused. So ideally you should not be using this as it hampers your engine turbo plus the electronic as well.
My two cents. Rest is up to you.
I have not yet encountered this. Touch wood.

Quote:
In any case, I recommend to use this feature in cities where the vehicle has to stop/idle frequently due to traffic/signals.

Folks have few queries:-

1. How does one set and save own location in the Nav?

2. I have not yet received any response from Mahindra even after registering the Purple Kit. WHat should be the next action?
Old 4th May 2014, 10:26   #5924
J.Ravi

Quote:
Unless this helps in securing better fuel efficiency, is it worth to switch this on ?
In my XUV 500, it remains switched on always by default. It definitely helps to achieve better fuel efficiency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
How does one set and save own location in the Nav?
When at home, switch on the navigator, after getting satellite-connected, press the arrow mark [XUV 500's present location on the map], select and save 'home' from the pop-up options. The location will be saved as default home. The menu button on the bottom right has default 'take me home' as one of the options; after pressing this, it will show the route to your home. For other locations, press the arrow mark and save the location with a name in 'my favourites' folder, which is accessible from the menu option.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th May 2014 at 10:55.
  (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 11:50   #5925
BHPian

Just completed a 1500 Km long drive, along with a 24 KM trek to Vaishno Devi bhawan. Choose to do it in 3 days instead of 4 so I could relax today!

It was a joy to drive the XUV, got it past the 1500 Km too and took it close to 150 for a moment to feel the power. Some sort of an alarm starts beeping at 150 (at which point my dad said slow down). Otherwise, the truck behaved very well and was able to overtake all cars with aplomb. I used the cruise feature extensively and must say it is a delight to use.

I was just washing it and its hard to get a satisfactory black color back! Moreover, after the puja our pandit ji had used Organge color (Sindoor + Ghee ) like you see on hanuman jee.

I tried to clean it for a minute but could not. Decided to take your advice on how can it be best removed ? Hot water/petrol/workshop?

Also, one small issue that came up was the irritating noise from the plastic cap on top of the instrument console. I had to keep my handkerchief there to keep it quiet. Its loose but I cant see any nuts. Any idea how to tighten it?

Carvoyeur

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks