Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2014, 13:02   #5776
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Got W4 Dolphin Grey last week. Amazing value for money, super comfy, superior stance and I can go on and on with the list which keeps me feeling good about it. So far have clocked about 300 kms. Trying to follow the run-in guidance but could not find any specific recommendations in the manual. Spoke to RM and was told that modern engines do not need much run in conditioning. Still not going beyond 2500 RPM. Still getting used to the huge car. Ordered the Team BHP stickers which was delivered super fast. Will post some more pictures soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-1img_0363.jpg  

pgupta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 14:50   #5777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Got W4 Dolphin Grey last week. Amazing value for money, super comfy, superior stance and I can go on and on with the list which keeps me feeling good about it. So far have clocked about 300 kms. Trying to follow the run-in guidance but could not find any specific recommendations in the manual. Spoke to RM and was told that modern engines do not need much run in conditioning. Still not going beyond 2500 RPM. Still getting used to the huge car. Ordered the Team BHP stickers which was delivered super fast. Will post some more pictures soon.
Congrats on the ownership. There is a write up on the home page of this site which gives details on how to deal with new engines. You may check that, it is informative.
kARTIK IYER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 16:05   #5778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Got W4 Dolphin Grey last week.
Congrats. Guessing you purchased the vehicle in Bangalore could you please let know what was the on road price.
Awaiting an ownership thread.
Old 6th April 2014, 01:27   #5779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Not for you. Not at all.

I've also been told that the AWD system of the XUV isn't quite as hardcore and doesn't function as well as that of the Thar or some 'designated' AWD cars. I'm no expert on Off-roaders though.
The XUV doesn't seem like the car that should be taken off-road even if you can.

Stick with FWD and save some money : ).
Let me correct you a bit if you dont mind (and for others sake). There is a BIG difference between AWD and 4*4. Thar is 4*4 and xuv is AWD. This has been discussed many times before. They both belong to different league all together.
nitinralli is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 09:39   #5780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Let me correct you a bit if you dont mind (and for others sake). There is a BIG difference between AWD and 4*4. Thar is 4*4 and xuv is AWD. This has been discussed many times before. They both belong to different league all together.

Do PM me the info between the difference Nitin if you could or link me to these discussions as I was under the impressions it was the same or similar.
Thanks for the correction. You learn something new everyday ^ _ ^.
Old 6th April 2014, 17:42   #5781
Senior - BHPian

Got delivery of my Silver XUV W8 on 31 Mar from Jamnagar. Have drive it approx 1700Kms and very satisfied. Initial ownership review will follow soon.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-_dsc2600_1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-_dsc2662_1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-_dsc2666_1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-_dsc2667_1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-_dsc2672_1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-_dsc2805_1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-_dsc2836_1.jpg
TaureanBull is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 17:50   #5782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Got delivery of my Silver XUV W8 on 31 Mar from Jamnagar. Have drive it approx 1700Kms and very satisfied.
Congratulations. Have a many more happy miles ahead. Nice to see that you have placed the LTD sticker even before you getting license plate. A set of nice photographs.
MaxTorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 21:08   #5783
Senior - BHPian

Sister's family finalized and booked a blue Xuv W8. Delivery expected on Sunday.
What accessories or add-ons are recommended?
Is Road Side Assistance (RSA) recommended?

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th April 2014 at 11:36. Reason: Expanding on the "RSA" term for the benefit of others.
Old 7th April 2014, 21:48   #5784
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Sister's family finalized and booked a blue Xuv W8. Delivery expected on Sunday.
Is RSA recommended?
A W8 practically comes with everything, so very little need for adding features. Having said that, a reverse-camera is extremely useful. A foot-step could also be useful if there are really old people in the family. The bling chrome and illuminated scuff-plates can be given a miss. The bull-guards are actually dangerous (can cause airbag malfunction) and should be avoided like the plague. The low-beams are not very effective and you can upgrade to HIDs (not available as official accessory). Speakers, tyres and alloys are a matter of personal taste. I personally find the stock ones adequate.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 22:10   #5785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Congrats. Guessing you purchased the vehicle in Bangalore could you please let know what was the on road price.
Awaiting an ownership thread.
Its 13.2 Lac. Got the standard corporate discount and a competitive quote on the insurance. Could not get the NCB transferred otherwise could have got some more savings on the insurance but I am planning to do that by next renewal.
pgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 08:00   #5786
J.Ravi

Quote:
Sister's family finalized and booked a blue Xuv W8.
Congratulations and best wishes to your sister's family.

Quote:
My XUV500 W8 had reverse camera fitted at the dealership at the time of delivery costing ₹3,000. Later, I added 3D Maxpider mats costing ₹7,950.

Quote:
During the first free service, RM tried in vain to sell 2/3 years additional RSA. But, I declined. I used RSA only once in the second year out of 4 years of ownership of my erstwhile Linea.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th April 2014 at 11:36. Reason: Expanding on the "RSA" term for the benefit of others.
  (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 11:47   #5787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I got my car back from servicing this evening.

They did a pretty good job in cleaning.
I had tiny tar dots all over my car before I gave for servicing. Was thinking of giving it for a polish work after the servicing.
However, they did a fantastic job in cleaning all spots speckless!

Good job TVS.

The total expenditure was Rs 2377.
This is the cost of 6 Lt oil, Oil filter and consumable (Rs 175).
Shall put up the detailed bill soon.

I am a bit disappointed with the fact that they couldn't arrange a pick up for me saying that the driver is on leave.
However, I would still rate this as a very good experience with TVS Kochi.

Had given my vehicle for its first service over the weekend (05/04/2014) at Anant Cars, Bangalore. Was happy to see that they haven't charged me for disposable seat linings or any consumables. They have done a pretty good job with the service, attended to minor niggles & also had arranged for a prompt pick up and drop. The total bill amount was Rs 2,152/-.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv1stservice.jpg  

ViPo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 12:08   #5788
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
Had given my vehicle for its first service over the weekend (05/04/2014) at Anant Cars, Bangalore. Was happy to see that they haven't charged me for disposable seat linings or any consumables.
I will try Anant Cars for the second free service of my XUV500 as I hear many good reports.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 8th April 2014 at 12:34.

Old 8th April 2014, 14:30   #5789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with SDP and J Ravi. I would recommend following:-
1. Reverse camera-must buy.
2. Good foot mats- i also bought maxpider kagu.
3. Car cover.
4. Foot steps - only if its a necessity, i guess in W8 its not recommended because of airbags.
5. Better jack and tool box.
6. Various items depending on type of usage & requirements - car chargers, laptop charger, Air pressure pumps etc
TaureanBull is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 14:35   #5790
BHPian

Hi, how about the rear bar/rod?. I am getting delivery shortly and am yet to decide on this mostly due to the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I agree with SDP and J Ravi. I would recommend following:-
1. Reverse camera-must buy.
2. Good foot mats- i also bought maxpider kagu.
3. Car cover.
4. Foot steps - only if its a necessity, i guess in W8 its not recommended because of airbags.
5. Better jack and tool box.
6. Various items depending on type of usage & requirements - car chargers, laptop charger, Air pressure pumps etc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks