Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2014, 07:59   #5686
J.Ravi

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
They said the expected cost would be around Rs 2500. Is that normal?
I paid 2635 bucks on 7 March 2014 at India Garage, Guindy, Chennai. Here is the bill:

Old 19th March 2014, 08:13   #5687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
Hi guys,

I recently drove a friend's new 2013 W6 and found the suspension to be really soft as it rolled over the speed bumps with ease. It also felt well planted on the tarmac and i just loved the entire feel of it.

In comparison, my 2012 W8 appears to have a harder suspension and going over the hard-plastic-like bumps rattles the entire vehicle (especially when not fully loaded).

Has there been an upgrade to suspension setup in the newer vehicles? And can i get mine upgraded?
Please get the front roll bar bushes checked, in the early models the bushes were known to get damaged every few thousand kilometers. My own XUV has worn out multiple sets, the result is Rattly Unsettled front suspension. Good news is the latest design seems to have fixed the problem, my XUV has the latest updated bushes for close to 15k kms now and i have no issue with the suspension.

I have driven the latest upgraded XUV, the ride quality is not too different from old car. In fact majority of owners wont be able to make out the difference if they are not told about the updates.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 12:11   #5688
BHPian

This is the first time I'm hearing of a workshop charging the customer for disposable seat linings.

I am attaching the bill of my first free service.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20140319-12.15.19.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 20th March 2014 at 00:35. Reason: Attachment changed. EDIT: Quote tags removed.
Old 19th March 2014, 14:21   #5689
Senior - BHPian

Just two quick questions, since I am jumping directly here from page 1.

1. What is the situation on the 'electronics' and overall reliability of XUV now-a-days?
Page 1 still says:
Quote:
• Apprehensions over niggles with a complex Mahindra SUV. Especially the electronics
2. Is the AT version coming out in 2014? Any timelines?
Old 19th March 2014, 14:25   #5690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Just two quick questions, since I am jumping directly here from page 1.

1. What is the situation on the 'electronics' and overall reliability of XUV now-a-days?
Page 1 still says:

2. Is the AT version coming out in 2014? Any timelines?
AT will come sometime in 2015. Check this article: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ox-373063.aspx
Old 19th March 2014, 22:16   #5691
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manipal View Post
This is the first time I'm hearing of a workshop charging the customer for disposable seat linings.

I am attaching the bill of my first free service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I paid 2635 bucks on 7 March 2014 at India Garage, Guindy, Chennai. Here is the bill:

I got my car back from servicing this evening.

They did a pretty good job in cleaning.
I had tiny tar dots all over my car before I gave for servicing. Was thinking of giving it for a polish work after the servicing.
However, they did a fantastic job in cleaning all spots speckless!

Good job TVS.

The total expenditure was Rs 2377.
This is the cost of 6 Lt oil, Oil filter and consumable (Rs 175).
Shall put up the detailed bill soon.

I am a bit disappointed with the fact that they couldn't arrange a pick up for me saying that the driver is on leave.
However, I would still rate this as a very good experience with TVS Kochi.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th March 2014 at 00:35. Reason: Quote fixed.
dhanushmenon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 08:00   #5692
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
They charge me too at Global Gallerie Thane. Some 50-60 Rs.
Old 20th March 2014, 08:33   #5693
J.Ravi

Coming to the topic of consumable charges of various ASS, Royal Enfield OMR Chennai charged Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 2774
Size:  578 Bytes100 during the fourth free servicing of my Thunderbird 500 in March 2014. Ramkay FIAT, Chennai charged Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Size:  578 Bytes150 during the sixth paid servicing of my erstwhile Linea in July 2013. But, the award for the highest consumable charges in India goes to India Garage, Guindy, Chennai for charging me Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Size:  578 Bytes500 during the first free servicing of my XUV500 on 7 April 2014.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-consumablecharges.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 20th March 2014 at 08:35.

Old 21st March 2014, 16:26   #5694
Senior - BHPian

Could someone tell me if the known electrical reliability issues have been resolved completely with the new series of XUVs : )? starting with the W4.
Old 21st March 2014, 16:43   #5695
Senior - BHPian

What is the difference between W6 and W8? Are there gear box changes/ improvements in AWD W8?
W8 onroad is around 16.8 lacs in Thane.
Old 21st March 2014, 19:50   #5696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
What is the difference between W6 and W8? Are there gear box changes/ improvements in AWD W8?
W8 onroad is around 16.8 lacs in Thane.
If you are asking for difference in features , then W8 = W6+ Side and Curtain Airbags, ESP, Hill Hold and hill Descent control, Touchscreen DVD player with Navigation, Alloy wheels and some small features.

The gearbox , clutch , suspension and brakes has been improved in the new XUV .
undead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 23:50   #5697
BHPian

XUV owner folks, first of all congratulations on possessing an excellent looking vehicle.

Now, I had booked a Ford Ecosport about 7 months back and the waiting period seems to be endless. Hence I am increasingly motivated to cancel the bookings and loo for other options. While my budget was 11-12 lakhs, now that the reduction in excise duty and introduction of W4 has brought this vehicle closer to my budget, so I'm giving it a serious thought.

I have two Qs for you:
1. Have been hearing about some electronics niggles with XUV (even discovered a thread on XUV niggles!). I wanted to know how serious it is and have there been any upgrades by Mahindra to address these? What difficulties can I expect with this vehicle?
2. W4 is almost complete will all IMP features. Wonder how they reduced the cost - have they brought down the quality of some equipment?
Old 23rd March 2014, 10:33   #5698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
If you are asking for difference in features , then W8 = W6+ Side and Curtain Airbags, ESP, Hill Hold and hill Descent control, Touchscreen DVD player with Navigation, Alloy wheels and some small features.

The gearbox , clutch , suspension and brakes has been improved in the new XUV .
Wow, that is a lot of stuff.

When you say the gearbox, clutch, etc. have been improved in the new XUV, will that improvement also be there in the new W4 or W6? Or is it only in W8?
Old 23rd March 2014, 11:33   #5699
BHPian

XUV w4 is priced equivalent to duster 110 ps RXL. I already owned a duster in chennai and sold it there when i moved to bangalore. I was almost about to book duster 110 ps rxl but then i found xuv w4 and decided to give a test drive.

I liked the vehicle overall, has more features than duster like 2 additional seats, rear A/C, tank like build, amazing power and no turbo lag.

One the other hand duster is compact sized if one is looking for only a 5 seater, less body roll and lighter steering (good for city driving).

I almost decided on XUV as i will be using the vehicle mostly on highways but the ICE let down bigtime. No USB and bluetooth reciever.
I dont worry much about bluetooth as i can get a standalone GPS navigation + bluetooth hands free device. But no USB is a big irritant. I can't rely on CDs anymore (sick of keeping stock in the vehicle) and don't want to use my phone every time to play songs via aux input. Adding to this there is no way one can replace the stock HU . How could mahindra oversee this basic feature.

Guys is there a viable substitute to overcome this no USB option ?

Last edited by kiranvakati : 23rd March 2014 at 11:34.
Old 23rd March 2014, 11:33   #5700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestallion View Post
I have two Qs for you:
1. Have been hearing about some electronics niggles with XUV (even discovered a thread on XUV niggles!). I wanted to know how serious it is and have there been any upgrades by Mahindra to address these? What difficulties can I expect with this vehicle?
2. W4 is almost complete will all IMP features. Wonder how they reduced the cost - have they brought down the quality of some equipment?
The niggles have been constantly being addressed by Mahindra and the variant you are considering is anyways without the complicate electronic gadgets and hence a much more safe bet. The quality will be the same as the W6/W8. Do not worry on that front.

But with a budget of 12L, you must have opted for the top end Ecosport. Won't the W4 then be a downgrade in terms of features?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks