Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2015, 17:42   #7186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post
Friends, Finally took delivery of my XUV500 W8, Satin white last Friday. I am an ardent fan of XUV and it has only increased in the last couple of days. The feature list is exhaustive and I am yet to try/use them. Visibility is really good and the drive is best on highways. Will write a detailed review after a month or so.

Everyone in the family loves the vehicle for the space, looks and the features. Looking forward for the exciting ownership.

Special thanks to Team-BHP / BHPians.
Congratulations on acquiring the beast Happy munching miles!!
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 19:59   #7187
BHPian

Navigation in XUV - Issue or Expected Behaviour

Dear All,

I am putting here my observation with XUV Nav system: want to know if is it as expected or an issue, which I need to get corrected via Service Center.

1: To go from Location A to Location B, google maps shows multiple route options, and user can pick up any one route to start navigation. However in nav system of XUV, it take one route as default for same travel of Location A to Location B.

Is this default behaviour of XUV nav system or there is an upgrade of nav system missing in my vehicle.

My XUV is Aug 2014 manufactured, and last month in first service at 5K kilometer, Nav was supposedly upgraded.

2: There are few important locations missing in Nav. One example: Passport Seva Kendra at Thane( Mumbai). While searching for the same, I was being routed to Back office of RPO Thane, which was 1-1.5 KM away from PSK.

So which made me think, how often does the map get updated( once in a year or once is 2 years or more)

Any idea on this?

Thanks in advance,
Old 14th April 2015, 23:53   #7188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpreetsingh View Post
Dear All,

I am putting here my observation with XUV Nav system: want to know if is it as expected or an issue, which I need to get corrected via Service Center.

1: To go from Location A to Location B, google maps shows multiple route options, and user can pick up any one route to start navigation. However in nav system of XUV, it take one route as default for same travel of Location A to Location B.

Is this default behaviour of XUV nav system or there is an upgrade of nav system missing in my vehicle.

My XUV is Aug 2014 manufactured, and last month in first service at 5K kilometer, Nav was supposedly upgraded.

2: There are few important locations missing in Nav. One example: Passport Seva Kendra at Thane( Mumbai). While searching for the same, I was being routed to Back office of RPO Thane, which was 1-1.5 KM away from PSK.

So which made me think, how often does the map get updated( once in a year or once is 2 years or more)

Any idea on this?

Thanks in advance,
I have not seen the nav system showing multiple options. It shows the shortest route. I do not think there are frequent updates to the maps...may be once in 2 years or more... Mine is also a Aug 2014 model and there was no update till date.
Old 15th April 2015, 13:04   #7189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
I have not seen the nav system showing multiple options. It shows the shortest route. I do not think there are frequent updates to the maps...may be once in 2 years or more... Mine is also a Aug 2014 model and there was no update till date.
Pardon me for my ignorance, but don't all nav systems come with an option of "Fastest route" or "Shortest Route"? The fastest route may not necessarily be shorter.

Cheers
Old 15th April 2015, 18:16   #7190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Thanks.

As per G3 motors Nerul, multiple options should be shown in Nav system. Hence they asked me to send my XUV for upgrade.
But I wasn't sure, if their info is correct, hence put the question on this forum to get views from people.

Another query here: can we get to know, which MapmyIndia version is being used in XUV. What I understand MapmyIndia version 9.0 got released in first hald of 2014. So did XUV nav system get this update or not?

Regards,

Balpreet
Old 16th April 2015, 07:05   #7191
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Folks, Any suggestions on good service center among the 3 in Chennai for XUV 5OO?
Old 16th April 2015, 15:30   #7192
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Folks, Any suggestions on good service center among the 3 in Chennai for XUV 5OO?
Hello username,

Zulaikha motors is the best based on my experience. I am giving my XUV there from 2012 onwards. The RMs are knowledgeable and provides best services. Most of spare parts are available in stock I was told.
SubramoniamAB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 19:29   #7193
BHPian

Booked W6 and taking delivery on Sunday if every thing goes smooth.
Any suggestion for PDI from experience members?
On Road 13.43 L plus 10 K value of accessories.

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 16th April 2015 at 19:31. Reason: Addition
vivek_pinkoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 19:47   #7194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Congrats vivek. its going to be my choice soon. Just waiting of the may refresh.

All the best!!
acidkill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 22:23   #7195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Vivek. Good choice. Btw I am jealous of you guys in North and other states. W6 is about 14.8 on road in Bangalore due to high taxes after discounts
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 15:03   #7196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Congrats Vivek. Good choice. Btw I am jealous of you guys in North and other states. W6 is about 14.8 on road in Bangalore due to high taxes after discounts
Thanks for the encouragement and home this will come out as winner despite all odd comments and feed backs regarding ownership experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Congrats vivek. its going to be my choice soon. Just waiting of the may refresh.

All the best!!
All the best you too for your future choice.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 17th April 2015 at 15:28. Reason: merging posts. Please use the edit option if posting within 30mins on same thread.
Old 17th April 2015, 15:32   #7197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement and home this will come out as winner despite all odd comments and feed backs regarding ownership experience.
Yes I am also in the same boat as you. Got my W8 delivered end of March. So far so good though too early to give any real inputs.
Old 18th April 2015, 21:44   #7198
BHPian

Sorry SDP, SuperTinu & others.
Booked my Satin White W8 yesterday( My son chose the colour). Since the car is being purchased through CSD hence will take more than a month to deliver. The process starts by dealer booking the vehicle and the factory sending one on my name.
Just keeping my fingers crossed regarding the refresh because it will take about 3-6 months before the refresh is available through the CSD after the launch and I can't wait that long. Why delay the fun, So went ahead with it. Wish me luck.
RajeVenu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 13:02   #7199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Sorry SDP, SuperTinu & others.
Booked my Satin White W8 yesterday( My son chose the colour). Since the car is being purchased through CSD hence will take more than a month to deliver. The process starts by dealer booking the vehicle and the factory sending one on my name.
Just keeping my fingers crossed regarding the refresh because it will take about 3-6 months before the refresh is available through the CSD after the launch and I can't wait that long. Why delay the fun, So went ahead with it. Wish me luck.
Congratulations RajeVenu. CSD means good pricing as well . Whats the onroad price that you will get? White is a lovely color. I might have chosen white if my other car wasnt white. I also could have waited for new launch but then just didnt have the patience to wait 3-4 months. Car buying to me is all about timing. Probably 4 months down the line i would have lost all the excitement itself. Happy motoring.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 18:14   #7200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Congratulations RajeVenu. CSD means good pricing as well . Whats the onroad price that you will get? White is a lovely color. I might have chosen white if my other car wasnt white. I also could have waited for new launch but then just didnt have the patience to wait 3-4 months. Car buying to me is all about timing. Probably 4 months down the line i would have lost all the excitement itself. Happy motoring.
Thanx SuperTinu,
I would have gone with silver although got no aversion to white. My son wants white so white it is. I would be able to tame the beast at under 13Lakhs if all goes well. Thanks for the wishes.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks