Thanks gpriyesh

Can you share the details of the Rs 1600 dash camera
Old 1st September 2014, 12:09   #6437
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Hello Friends,

Finally took the delivery of my XUV 5OO on 29th of August on auspicious day of Ganesh Chaturthi. Its a W6 silver colour model.
Congratulations Rahul on the acquisition. Silver looks best on this beast, especially with the Super speed rims. Even I am looking at the same color and same model very soon. Waiting for your ownership thread with lot of pictures

Happy munching miles ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
I got the delivery of my Silver beast W8 yesterday.
Congratulations gpriyesh. Enjoy your ride and drive safe

Last edited by fusionbang : 1st September 2014 at 12:11.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 15:55   #6438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Hi djpeesh, please can you share the link (Details) of the one you purchased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajivNarvekar View Post
Thanks gpriyesh

Can you share the details of the Rs 1600 dash camera
The listing on the product I got has expired (I picked it up in June end) but this is similar for Rs2,493. http://www.ebay.in/itm/2-4-inch-1080...6506f89&_uhb=1

I have an eBay 7 percent off coupon, which can reduce the price if anyone wants it.

Here are some bad pictures of what it looks like:
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20140901_081618.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20140901_081637.jpg

Last edited by djpeesh : 1st September 2014 at 16:19.
djpeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 20:22   #6439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
It is supposed to switch on when you select it in the infotainment system.
Get it checked at the service center.

I use it when I have a full load in the back and cant see a thing with IRVM. It helps in such situations.
Falconion - did you fit your reverse cam as an accessory or did it come fitted from factory.

The post I did earlier citing these minor issues on delivery reached my dealer through Mahindra and their sales head called me today. He was telling me that both options work for reverse cam only in factory fitted models. If you fit it as an accessory it works only through one of the options (either through reverse gear or through infotainment screen) is this true?
Old 1st September 2014, 21:36   #6440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Falconion - did you fit your reverse cam as an accessory or did it come fitted from factory.

The post I did earlier citing these minor issues on delivery reached my dealer through Mahindra and their sales head called me today. He was telling me that both options work for reverse cam only in factory fitted models. If you fit it as an accessory it works only through one of the options (either through reverse gear or through infotainment screen) is this true?
The sales head has no clue. He is just making stuff up.

There are no factory fitted models (except the XUV500 Sportz). All reverse cameras are attached as accessories at the dealership.

There are many other bhpians here who have both options working.

P.S. The method through infotainment system was shown to me by the guy who fitted the camera for me at the dealership.

Here is a link to how it looks.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2677848

Last edited by falconion : 1st September 2014 at 21:50.
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:03   #6441
BHPian

What were the designers thinking before they put together such a nice looking vehicle at a great price and did not think of a decent boot space with all the seats fixed up? This could be a deal breaker for many, but then, seeing the enthusiasm and the sales, looks like the boot doesn't really matter.
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:44   #6442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
What were the designers thinking before they put together such a nice looking vehicle at a great price and did not think of a decent boot space with all the seats fixed up? This could be a deal breaker for many, but then, seeing the enthusiasm and the sales, looks like the boot doesn't really matter.
With all 7 passengers and seats up in place, none of the UVs offer any luggage space, except the Aria. Yes, it may be a tad more or less in competition, but all 7 seater UVs have negligible boot space with all seats up.

These cars are more like -

* 5 seaters with lots of boot space for long trips
* 7 seaters with no boot space for short city runs with extended family or friends
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:51   #6443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
Gearbox - in my opinion you are getting a dual benefit by this design. A boot which can also be used for seating. A benefit which you cannot think of in a sedan. Also Mahindra has given you additional leg space in middle row by compromising the space behind your last row. How many times you will travel with full 7 passengers on board?
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:20   #6444
BHPian

Hey friends just a simple query. Can we make a call by voice command feature on steering wheel when our phone is connected through bluetooth, just like voice dialling by taking names.
Old 3rd September 2014, 04:08   #6445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Hey friends just a simple query. Can we make a call by voice command feature on steering wheel when our phone is connected through bluetooth, just like voice dialling by taking names.
Rahul - I do not think we can do that. There are only some basic commands which are listed in the manual that we can use through voice command feature. I also tried this on the first day of getting my xuv
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:36   #6446
BHPian

Hi,

When I switch on the AC "auto" mode it automatically sets the "fresh air" mode.

What is the ideal method for using the AC? How does the economy mode work and what is the "compromise" in cooling with that?

I am generally very happy with the beast in the city and highway, but recently found my right leg paining after a 8 hour drive. The difference in this long trip compared to previous ones was the route - Bangalore-Mysore highway. Lot of slowing down and hard acceleration due to speed breakers and traffic meant lot of work for the right leg. Can the accelerator pedal be made little softer?

Also had this issue of the fuel lid opening by itself a few times. The rattling from the dash has increased especially with hard acceleration. I am at 8000 km now.

Cheers

Vindy

Last edited by VindyWheels : 3rd September 2014 at 10:37.
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:24   #6447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
The sales head has no clue. He is just making stuff up.

There are no factory fitted models (except the XUV500 Sportz). All reverse cameras are attached as accessories at the dealership.

There are many other bhpians here who have both options working.

P.S. The method through infotainment system was shown to me by the guy who fitted the camera for me at the dealership.

Here is a link to how it looks.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2677848
Guys. I am in the mahindra service centre SKS salem. Came to check the reverse cam . They say , cam wont work in infotainment menu if reverse gear not engaged. It will work only in reverse gear .
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:43   #6448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi,

When I switch on the AC "auto" mode it automatically sets the "fresh air" mode.

What is the ideal method for using the AC? How does the economy mode work and what is the "compromise" in cooling with that?

I am generally very happy with the beast in the city and highway, but recently found my right leg paining after a 8 hour drive. The difference in this long trip compared to previous ones was the route - Bangalore-Mysore highway. Lot of slowing down and hard acceleration due to speed breakers and traffic meant lot of work for the right leg. Can the accelerator pedal be made little softer?

Also had this issue of the fuel lid opening by itself a few times. The rattling from the dash has increased especially with hard acceleration. I am at 8000 km now.

Cheers

Vindy
Hi,

The ac changing to fresh air mode is normal. You have to select recirculation mode manually. You will notice that whenever you switch off the ac it changes to fresh air mode automatically.

Economy mode will switch off the ac compressor much before the actual set temperature is attained.

If you have upgraded to XUV from a hatch or sedan it can take some time for your body to adjust to a new posture, just my personal view. I would advice you to use cruise control whenever possible and relax your right leg.

For dashboard rattle and fuel lid opening issue speak to your RM it will get sorted out.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:29   #6449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Guys. I am in the mahindra service centre SKS salem. Came to check the reverse cam . They say , cam wont work in infotainment menu if reverse gear not engaged. It will work only in reverse gear .
Then will advice you to change your service center. Obviously they are not doing their job properly.

It could also be possible that they did not give you a genuine Mahindra approved Reverse camera.

EDIT: You can also show them the pictures from the forum showing that it works.

Last edited by falconion : 3rd September 2014 at 15:43.
Old 3rd September 2014, 16:47   #6450
BHPian

Folks, regarding the post I made on odo reset during delivery I wrote to Mahindra to check if that is an approved practice. Today I got a call from Mahindra regional manager @ Kochi and he told me that in XUV there is an option to reset odo one time in first 255kms. The reason mentioned by him was Mahindra has a local yard in every state and sometimes they transport cars to dealer by road from this local yard. So they do this odo reset before delivery so that customer does not suffer on warranty mileage
gpriyesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks