Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 18:29   #6316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
They are selling well. Already around 3500 per month. If you ask me, right time to increase the prices. When was the last price-hike? May be 2 years back?
But I was under an impression, the price might lower a bit due to festive season coming up. Hopefully they offer good discounts.

Considering the excise duty going up starting next year XUV will see good numbers selling off by year end IMO. Also, I am holding up my purchase for Diwali expecting good discounts atleast
Old 6th August 2014, 09:52   #6317
BHPian

Thank you all BHPians and special thanks to all the contributors on this thread as it has helped to finalize my decision to buy XUV500. I visited the Sireesh Auto - Madiwala, yesterday from where delivery of my vehicle should happen in couple of days.

I had gone to Sireesh Auto for PDI and came back very satisfied. The vehicle really good but i did not take pictures of the same as i wanted the first picture of my vehicle to be more cleaner than whats available in the stock yard.

However, I checked the VIN number and decoded the date as June 2014 - please correct me if i am wrong.

Couple of questions regarding accessories:
1. I was initially planning to go for footsteps - but i realized that it is necessary only if there are really small kids or very elderly people who need to get in or get out. However this is really not the situation in my case. So i want delay this accessory for sometime. Is this okay? I read many posts regarding some problems with the footsteps.
2. I am fixing the rear view camera as it seems most useful.
3. Scuff Plates - are the plain ones fine or the illuminated ones better?
4. Any other very important accessory that you can suggest?

I will get the delivery of the vehicle by this week - I will post a separate ownership thread once i take the delivery of the vehicle. Once again, thank you all for the factual, useful and beautiful reviews on this thread.
Attached Images

XUV500_BLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 11:55   #6318
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUV500_BLR View Post
1. I was initially planning to go for footsteps - but i realized that it is necessary only if there are really small kids or very elderly people who need to get in or get out. However this is really not the situation in my case. So i want delay this accessory for sometime. Is this okay? I read many posts regarding some problems with the footsteps.
Congratulations !

1. I would say avoid the foot-steps, unless absolutely necessary.
2. Rear-camera is supremely useful.
3. Scuff-plates. The illuminated ones bring in that much more cool factor.
4. In my opinion, rather than foot-steps and illuminated scuff plates, the same amount of money could be better spent on a HID conversion kit to upgrade the low-beam to xenons.

All the best. Enjoy your XUV.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 12:01   #6319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations XUV500_BLR on the purchase Can you please post your dealership experience along with the breakup of OTR, along with discounts offered.

Coming to your queries, here are my thoughts:
1. IMO, if there are no kids or elders who will get into your vehicle, better not to install them as it would reduce the GC and might scrap the foot step in Bangalore unscientific Speed breakers.

2. Rear View Camera is a must IMO, which would help you to see if any small obstacles is behind your car while reversing and guess the exact distance, which the parking sensors might not be able to help you with.

3. If you want classy look during night times, when you get in or out of your car, then you can opt for illuminated scuff plates, else the normal plates should suffice. (Again it's your heart's choice)

4. I would suggest you go for 3D Floor Mats and Rain Visors. Also you can consider installing a rear bumper guard because of the all time increasing Bangalore traffic and to avoid anybody kissing the rear in traffic signals.

Hope this helps.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 12:52   #6320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However, I checked the VIN number and decoded the date as June 2014 - please correct me if i am wrong.
Congrats!!
Yes, it is June 14 model.
I guess all your questions are answered already.
However two additions from my side -
XUV has scuff plates factory fitted and as per my sales guy the normal (XUV branded) scuff plates also is of same size.
The illuminated ones comes a size bigger, so may be you can check that. However I have not installed the same, hence cant comment for sure.

Regarding rear view camera, if you are not having any plan of installing rear guard you can ask them to install the camera on the black plastic area of the bumper. This will give a better aesthetic appeal.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 13:43   #6321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations XUV500_BLR on the purchase Can you please post your dealership experience along with the breakup of OTR, along with discounts offered.
Thanks for the inputs.

Since I am buying this vehicle as part of "benefits" provided by my organisation (which provides all other expenses apart from ex-showroom cost) - I really did not get into the details of the OTR.

Ex-showroom cost that was quoted was 1369086. I got a overall discount from the dealer for 51700 (31700 Cash discount + 10000 corporate + 10000 loyalty disc). Loyalty as the vehicle is bought in the name of the organisation i work for.

Regarding the dealership experience, I should it has been really smooth all along so far. All my queries were answered to my satisfaction and the showroom is also throwing some discount on the rear view camera that I am purchasing. When I visited the showroom for PDI yesterday, the salesperson was really courteous. They almost gave me a complete demo of the vehicle for about 30 to 45 minutes. Even the salesperson was mentioning that sidesteps accessory was not "absolute" necessary - so they were really not trying to sell me unnecessary stuff which is good. I am currently waiting for confirmation of the vehicle being sent for registration (pending due to some paper work).

Thanks SDP and mpksuhas. Based on all your inputs, I am giving the Footsteps a miss now and for scuff plates, I am going for the normal ones (non illuminated - silver) - which is costing me about 850/-.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th August 2014 at 14:15.
XUV500_BLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 14:06   #6322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ex-showroom cost that was quoted was 1369086. I got a overall discount from the dealer for 51700 (31700 Cash discount + 10000 corporate + 10000 loyalty disc). Loyalty as the vehicle is bought in the name of the organisation i work for.
Thanks for the details XUV500_BLR I will visit the showroom and check on the dealership experience. Because I had visited India Garage, Palace cross and Anant cars at mysore road 15 days back and trust me till now not even a single call I have received from either of them to follow up.

Quote:
Thanks SDP and mpksuhas. Based on all your inputs, I am giving the Footsteps a miss now and for scuff plates, I am going for the normal ones (non illuminated - silver) - which is costing me about 850/-.
XUV already comes with scuff plates which is covered with a white sticker, I am not sure why you are paying for the scuff plates again. SDP or Suhas, kindly correct me if I am wrong.
Old 6th August 2014, 14:18   #6323
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
....XUV already comes with scuff plates which is covered with a white sticker, I am not sure why you are paying for the scuff plates again. SDP or Suhas, kindly correct me if I am wrong.
The gentleman is talking about 'illuminated' scuff plates. The stock ones are are not illuminated.

EDIT: Just read it again. Seems like the member is being taken for a ride. OR may be there are non-illuminated ones with a design different than the stock ones costing 850 Rs.

Last edited by SDP : 6th August 2014 at 14:22.
Old 6th August 2014, 14:25   #6324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OR may be there are non-illuminated ones with a design different than the stock ones costing 850 Rs.
This might be the case, but I have not come across any accessory when I had been to the showroom. Lets see what he has to say on this front.
Old 7th August 2014, 03:37   #6325

Quote:
Congratulations !

1. I would say avoid the foot-steps, unless absolutely necessary.
2. Rear-camera is supremely useful.
3. Scuff-plates. The illuminated ones bring in that much more cool factor.
4. In my opinion, rather than foot-steps and illuminated scuff plates, the same amount of money could be better spent on a HID conversion kit to upgrade the low-beam to xenons.

All the best. Enjoy your XUV.
Dear Sir,

Thanks for the advise. However would like to know if these accessories are authorised to be added, especially when it deals with modification to the wiring. I am planning to get an xuv soon and wanted to change the horn and headlamps. But someone told me that these modifications affect the warranty and need to be carried out privately in a garage.

Wonder if you could throw some light on this.

Thanks

Sree
Old 7th August 2014, 06:48   #6326
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedhar View Post
Dear Sir,

Thanks for the advise. However would like to know if these accessories are authorised to be added, especially when it deals with modification to the wiring. I am planning to get an xuv soon and wanted to change the horn and headlamps. But someone told me that these modifications affect the warranty and need to be carried out privately in a garage.

Wonder if you could throw some light on this.

Thanks

Sree
If you are talking about the HID conversion kit, it does not need any cutting/splicing of existing wires. It is powered directly from the battery and runs on lower power than the stock bulbs. So warranty should not be an issue. But yes, since these are not M&M accessories, you need to get it done from outside.

PS: About horns, XUV has one of the loudest horns.

Last edited by SDP : 7th August 2014 at 06:49.
Old 7th August 2014, 10:05   #6327

Quote:
If you are talking about the HID conversion kit, it does not need any cutting/splicing of existing wires. It is powered directly from the battery and runs on lower power than the stock bulbs. So warranty should not be an issue. But yes, since these are not M&M accessories, you need to get it done from outside.

PS: About horns, XUV has one of the loudest horns.
Thanks for the feedback. This HID Kit...can it be used on an W8 ? That model has the HID H/Ls doesn't it??
sreedhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 10:23   #6328
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. This HID Kit...can it be used on an W8 ? That model has the HID H/Ls doesn't it??
IIRC all models of XUV has same headlights assembly (except cornering light functionality), so should work on all variants.
What M&M has given for low-beam is a projector housing with a halogen bulb inside. With the halogen replaced with xenon (kit), the illumination and throw is far better. The stock low-beam is very faint and practically useless in rains etc.
Old 7th August 2014, 10:53   #6329
BHPian

Guys, i wanted to go for HID kit but i have two concerns here.

1) If i change the low beam projector head lamps bulb to HID will there be color difference with the high beam bulb?

2) I checked with my known accessories guy and he is quoting 10 K for P8 HID kit 55 W. Is this the right price or can i get it for cheaper in Bangalore?
Old 7th August 2014, 10:53   #6330
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
IIRC all models of XUV has same headlights assembly (except cornering light functionality), so should work on all variants.
What M&M has given for low-beam is a projector housing with a halogen bulb inside. With the halogen replaced with xenon (kit), the illumination and throw is far better. The stock low-beam is very faint and practically useless in rains etc.
Actually the XUV's sold in south africa and australia seems to have HID bulbs in the low beam as default. Out here, i think they dropped it to cut down on costs. Also read somewhere that in some of the foreign countries it is illegal to use normal halogen bulbs in projector setup as they are meant for HID bulbs.

FundaG

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks