Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2014, 23:22   #6211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Thanks.
I remember reading in TBHP (not sure if it was in same thread or in any ownership reviews) about a member receiving warranty card for the camera.

Hence during delivery had checked with the sales guy, however as per him there is warranty for one year but no card and invoice is good for claiming any warranty. On checking the vehicle papers noticed that invoice for accessory is not present, it can be a honest mistake from their end too. Later due to a painting issue in my car I forgot to collect the invoice before leaving dealership.

Today had a call with my sales guy and he mailed me the invoice, that has the part number of camera mentioned. He still maintains that warranty card is no present for camera.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-untitled.jpg
Old 17th July 2014, 09:37   #6212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajivNarvekar View Post
We had a long serious discussion on this and I told her “Look, I am in my forties, and we can afford a bigger vehicle, ...
That is very similar to what I told my wife, when I decided to go with my heart last year. You can read about my experience in this thread.

Great buying experience post, Rajiv. I wish you many years of happiness driving your XUV (and otherwise too). It is a great vehicle and will not disappoint you, whatever the driving conditions. I speak from experience!
Old 17th July 2014, 14:39   #6213
Senior - BHPian

My XUV W8 is due for its first service at 5K. Can anyone give an idea as to how much time its likely to take for the service in case I prebook it and reach the SC at 0900? Basically I want to know if I would get the delivery back by afternoon.
Old 17th July 2014, 16:47   #6214
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Basically I want to know if I would get the delivery back by afternoon.
Yes. I reported at 9:25 am and got back home at 2:00 pm. The details are here.
  (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 17:09   #6215
Team-BHP Support

Just checked with M&M service. Extended Warranty (4/5 years) is a costly proposition, no doubts about it! 4th year warranty can be purchased for 14k and it increases the kms under warranty to 1,20,000 kms. 5th year warranty gives you a coverage up to 1,50,000 kms. Cost is a whopping 22.5k!

By the way, it looks like the RSA (Road Side Assistance) which came with the car as complimentary ceased at the end of 2 years (my car is a shade over 2 years). This is now chargeable it seems! However one can extend this by another 2 years by paying Rs.2900 It can also be extended by another 3 years (instead of 2) if one pays Rs.3900

So there...
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 18:21   #6216
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Just checked with M&M service. Extended Warranty (4/5 years) is a costly proposition, no doubts about it! 4th year warranty can be purchased for 14k and it increases the kms under warranty to 1,20,000 kms. 5th year warranty gives you a coverage up to 1,50,000 kms. Cost is a whopping 22.5k!
My understanding is 4th+5th together is 22.5K. The way you have mentioned, it seems like 4th+5th year warranty is 14+22.5K Rs. Am I reading your comments correctly?
Old 17th July 2014, 18:24   #6217
BHPian

Folks in Bangalore, please recommend the better dealer of the three(I believe). I visited Sireesh sometime back on a Saturday and the TD vehicle was not there. They promised to bring in a weekday. I did not follow up again. Was not very impressed with Sireesh.
Old 17th July 2014, 19:04   #6218
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Missed the edit window while searching for this document. Mods, kindly merge with my earlier post.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-ext-wrranty-2.jpg
SDP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 19:49   #6219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Missed the edit window while searching for this document. Mods, kindly merge with my earlier post.
Thanks SDP,
So what all is included in the extended warranty?
Old 17th July 2014, 21:14   #6220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Folks in Bangalore, please recommend the better dealer of the three(I believe). I visited Sireesh sometime back on a Saturday and the TD vehicle was not there. They promised to bring in a weekday. I did not follow up again. Was not very impressed with Sireesh.
Did not go to India garage hence can not comment about them, I had checked with both Sireesh and Anant cars before purchasing the vehicle. I finally took delivery from Anant cars since they were the only ones giving public sector insurace tie up.
Else I felt Sireesh far more professional and easy to deal in. This inspite of the fact that I was prejudiced against them due to bad service experiences of my friends. Atleast the sales team is great.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 21:44   #6221
BHPian

Folks I am in a dilemma. The usual confusion of which car to go for. For past few weeks I am in the market looking out for a new car. To give bit of a background, I was driving an Esteem and then switched to Swift Vdi for close to 5 years. Last year met with a major accident on Bangalore-Mangalore stretch and the vehicle was declared total loss (this again has bit of a history, will write in detail in a different thread). Since I was travelling abroad, and wanted a car for daily commute for a short time settled for a Ritz ZDi. Lovely car again with good seating position. In fact gives a feeling of a SUV when inside the car. However not a driver’s car (in my opinion).Barely used it for 6 months and sold it of since I had to travel abroad.

The car that I have shortlisted so far is Honda City – idtec. However somewhere deep in the heart I miss owning a SUV. When it comes to SUV, XUV 500 was the obvious choice because of its looks and endless list of features. It looks powerful, aggressive and stylish. I feel it’s one of the few Suv’s which serves the purpose of official commutation during the day and a perfect weekend getaway vehicle with family. However the only thing that’s holding me back is the after sales issues and the after sales service. My friends who own XUV had constant issues with Brakes and Power Steering. I believe both these are fixed in the newer models.

I was wondering if the new XUV owners can collate all issues which they have experienced and the time and effort it takes to fix them it would be great for all the future prospective XUV buyers. I understand that this is just another machine it cannot be perfect. However what matter the most to me is the reliability. The feeling of getting stalled in the middle of nowhere scares me. Having said this, I am not happy with the NVH levels of Honda City too. Apart from this one flaw I like everything else about the vehicle.

Fellow readers inputs will make my decision easier.
Old 17th July 2014, 22:03   #6222
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Thanks SDP,
So what all is included in the extended warranty?
The details in the attached document:
XUV Sheild (1).docx

Its basically the same warranty coverage as is present for the first 2/3 years. Same terms and conditions.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 22:13   #6223
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Thanks for sharing the document.
On separate note, saw multiple instances in the document where instead of XUV, Bolero is mentioned. How hard is it for M&M to do a find & replace.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 22:22   #6224
SDP
Team-BHP Support

^^

I just keep my fingers crossed hoping their automotive design and assembly skills to be better than their MS Word skills.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 23:07   #6225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
I was wondering if the new XUV owners can collate all issues which they have experienced and the time and effort it takes to fix them it would be great for all the future prospective XUV buyers. I understand that this is just another machine it cannot be perfect. However what matter the most to me is the reliability. The feeling of getting stalled in the middle of nowhere scares me. Having said this, I am not happy with the NVH levels of Honda City too. Apart from this one flaw I like everything else about the vehicle.

Fellow readers inputs will make my decision easier.
Most of the niggles pertaining to the newer batches of XUV have been discussed here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tions-182.html

In summary, the major issues of the older batches have been sorted out. Other issues are minor and should not affect its reliability.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks