Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:48   #6076
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post

I know some may not like it as is probably a bit overdone, but I was completely drooling over the pictures.

Looks awesome IMO.
Sisu nice one. I am in complete agreement. Just love it. Has about a 1000 litres of testosterone
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 21:46   #6077
Senior - BHPian

I have seen this car on wheeler road extension. Makes a really loud hissing noise when the driver goes all the way down on the throttle. Not sure what that noise is or where its coming from.
Old 22nd May 2014, 21:55   #6078
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I have seen this car on wheeler road extension. Makes a really loud hissing noise when the driver goes all the way down on the throttle. Not sure what that noise is or where its coming from.
Hahahaha. That's called a "Turbo" Whistle. It's actually a real whistle bolted on the exhaust pipe tip. So if you rev the engine, the whistle gets louder.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 16:41   #6079
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Came across this mad XUV on Facebook!

I know some may not like it as is probably a bit overdone, but I was completely drooling over the pictures.

Looks awesome IMO.

Check it out.

Cheerzzz
Bit overdone is an understatement, looks like this XIV has some additional functionality of a fork lift or something. What is that thing hanging at the back right corner? Wacky i must say.
Old 27th May 2014, 21:30   #6080
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Absolutely preposterous!
An unnecessary overkill of an already overdone exterior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Sisu nice one. I am in complete agreement. Just love it. Has about a 1000 litres of testosterone
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Bit overdone is an understatement, looks like this XIV has some additional functionality of a fork lift or something. What is that thing hanging at the back right corner? Wacky i must say.
Checkout the interiors as well:
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-10155007_743419165705417_861365775214576887_n.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-10322687_743419189038748_3270814611698670118_n.jpg

How many screens, can you count?
How about dials?

Source: FB
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 21:50   #6081
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Came across this mad XUV on Facebook!

Looks awesome IMO.

Check it out.

Cheerzzz
WOOOOOOOW.... this is one of the best mods I have seen recently. Though a little over done, I am totally loving it. Really rough and tough.... Nothing... just nothing would dare to stand against this beast. Seeing this makes all our rides so tame and well mannered ones...

FundaG
Old 27th May 2014, 22:06   #6082
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
... Really rough and tough....
FundaG
I don't see any attempt to raise the GC of the vehicle. If at all, the side-steps, the winch, the extra set of lights mounted really low on the bumper would mean the ground clearance would be lesser than the stock vehicle. So I don't see how this vehicle can off-road, which would make all the fork-lift, snorkel, winch etc pretty pointless. Most of the mods are purely cosmetic and not functional.

BUT, to each his own. So I am refraining from passing any judgement about the vehicle or the owner. Finally its his money and taste. He can do whatever he wants with his vehicle.
Old 27th May 2014, 22:21   #6083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Attachment 1244560
Wow! Thats an amazing addition to the already loaded car. Enough to confuse too. I am particularly interested in the gear knob. It looks swanky and appears to be a grade higher than the OEM gear knob!
Old 27th May 2014, 23:33   #6084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Wow! Thats an amazing addition to the already loaded car. Enough to confuse too. I am particularly interested in the gear knob. It looks swanky and appears to be a grade higher than the OEM gear knob!

XUV's dash as such as has enough buttons to confuse you at times. What to press, where to press.. And this one would need at least a couple of passengers in addition to the driver to be checking out all the gauges, screens and what not. End of the day driver should have his eyes on the road too, right... Also with the OEM IS screen shifted down in front of the gear shift, I feel it might be a challenge to use it. Again it could be because of the angle of the photo. Anyway both exteriors and interiors appears to be executed with good amout of perfection.... good job...

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 00:30   #6085
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1244560

Attachment 1244561

How about dials?

Pardon my ignorance but what is the point of all those screens and dials? I have never ever seen a car with so many screens and dials. And I can't quite figure out what each does
Old 28th May 2014, 12:14   #6086
BHPian

Quote:

How about dials?

This guy has been able to successfully play around with the ICE. AFAIK, people suggested its challenging even to install a touch screen system. BTW, if the screen is changed, what happens to the additional data like alerts, AC mode, auto head lamp, auto wiper etc? I guess the aftermarket screen would only display audio/video/gps data.
Old 28th May 2014, 13:35   #6087
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what is the point of all those screens and dials? I have never ever seen a car with so many screens and dials. And I can't quite figure out what each does
Precisely the point djpeesh! All this overdose of gadgetry is pretty pointless.

Quote:
This guy has been able to successfully play around with the ICE. AFAIK, people suggested its challenging even to install a touch screen system. BTW, if the screen is changed, what happens to the additional data like alerts, AC mode, auto head lamp, auto wiper etc? I guess the aftermarket screen would only display audio/video/gps data.
If you look closely, you will find that the stock touchscreen has been moved down in the center console, where you have the flap for USB connection in the stock setup. So all the digital inputs still have a display.

I really dont know what the new additional displays are for. May be for more elaborate UI for the music player or a dedicated screen for navigation.

Last edited by SDP : 28th May 2014 at 13:37.
Old 28th May 2014, 19:16   #6088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really dont know what the new additional displays are for. May be for more elaborate UI for the music player or a dedicated screen for navigation.
The big screen in front where the original screen was is a pioneer touchscreen for videos and stuff. He even have 2 capacitors added right next to front passenger on the right hand side so he must be having big woofers and stuff for sure.

This car looks like a walking time bomb, any time any short circuit and boom
Old 29th May 2014, 09:58   #6089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Posting the query again as it might have been missed in my earlier long posts.

Anyone (specifically from Bangalore) know of any upholstery shop which would have art leather/leather material matching the walnut interiors? I have been struggling to get seat covers for my Black W6. The one gsports offers does not exactly match the interior colors.
Try Karlsson in Indiranagar. He does bespoke car interiors and usually has a pretty large choice of qualities, colours and prices available!

http://www.karlssonleather.in/

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th May 2014 at 10:00. Reason: Included URL
Old 30th May 2014, 17:11   #6090
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone (specifically from Bangalore) know of any upholstery shop which would have art leather/leather material matching the walnut interiors? I have been struggling to get seat covers for my Black W6. The one gsports offers does not exactly match the interior colors.
You can also try Ceralli for custom built leather seat covers. On the expensive side, but their products speak for themselves. The showroom is in Banashankari II Stage.

Visit http://ceralli.com/ for more information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks