Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2014, 22:51   #6001
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
2. Thx for the price, any genuine online sources where I can order from?
I also bought it from snapdeal. However, the price has now gone up. I remember homeshop18 and an unknown site vicky.in also stocking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
As someone who got projectors retrofitted last year, I have to say that there is still an issue.

Yes. The proper cut-off for RHD markets is expected to be like this:
http://www.veloster.org/forum/attach...m-lhdvsrhd.jpg

But, what I saw my sister's XUV is quite different. The left projector is way high up and the right projector is way down on the ground. There is almost zero illumination in front of the driver after say 10 meters.

So, the alignment is off.
@TaureanBull: Please check your vehicle and report back.
Yeah I agree that in low beam the visibility is about 10m but I guess thats the way it should be in low beam. The difference in the level of beam takes a little bit of time to get used to if someone has not experienced the same before. However, I would say that its not "way too high" for the left projector.

The illumination in high beam is level and gives a very good range. Its satisfactory for high speeds.

In a nut shell I would say that the low beam is unsuitable for higher speeds as the illuminated area is just about 10m thereby giving less reaction time at higher speeds. On the other hand the high beam is suitable for higher speeds.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 00:32   #6002
BHPian

Dear XUV'ians , i got my black beast 2 months back and was busy writing the tbhp test drives initial ownership report. Having driven her for close to 3000 kms, i have noticed a few issues. Calling them out here, please let me know if any of you have faced the same issue and any possible resolution.

1) While downshifting to 1st gear, specially when you are in some speed and anticipate that you will have to slow down and downshift to 1st, there is a sudden jolt in the gear box sometimes and perhaps the vehicle itself shudders a bit, this is worrying me a bit. I can't reproduce it when the speed is right to shift to the 1st gear.

2) On my W6 variant, the music system turns on every time i turn the ignition on even though i had switched it off after stopping the car the previous time.

3) Sometimes when i get a call while listening to radio and i press the call cut button on the steering wheel after speaking, the radio channel would have changed. Initially i thought i tried to cut the call after the caller had cut it, but that's not the case always.

4) Also, am noticing some squeaking and vibration from the speedometer console. Is this expected and something i have to live with or can i get it fixed by the service center guys?

Finally, any of you guys found leather/art leather seat covers matching the walnut color interiors? I tried g sport and couple of other brands, but found nothing close enough.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 07:50   #6003
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
2) On my W6 variant, the music system turns on every time i turn the ignition on even though i had switched it off after stopping the car the previous time.
This happens with the Scorpio VLX as well which I drive. Seems, this feature is there in Mahindras.
Old 14th May 2014, 09:20   #6004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
This happens with the Scorpio VLX as well which I drive. Seems, this feature is there in Mahindras.
Not sure with all cars though, cause i checked with a W8 owner and he said it remains switched off until you switch it on.
Old 14th May 2014, 10:21   #6005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear XUV'ians , 1) While downshifting to 1st gear, specially when you are in some speed and anticipate that you will have to slow down and downshift to 1st, there is a sudden jolt in the gear box sometimes and perhaps the vehicle itself shudders a bit, this is worrying me a bit. I can't reproduce it when the speed is right to shift to the 1st gear.
I guess you are downshifting too early at a higher RPM. You should brake and reduce the speed before downshifting else continue in 2nd gear which has a good range.

Rest of the issues I have not faced so far, but then I have a W8 so I am not sure if W6 is meant to be different.

Last edited by TaureanBull : 14th May 2014 at 10:22.
Old 14th May 2014, 11:36   #6006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
. He also quoted me how the gum leaks down and makes stains on car paint
Haven't put any chrome but installed the side strips. The jokers who pasted it didn't do it properly - a thin line of glue can be seen just above the strip. I didn't notice it first. It was Sidhu (who runs the 3M store in HSR Bangalore) who pointed it out to me when I had gone for paint sealant treatment. You need to ensure the guys do it properly at the first attempt itself instead of doing trial and error and making a mess.
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 12:13   #6007
BHPian

Quote:
Dear XUV'ians
4) Also, am noticing some squeaking and vibration from the speedometer console. Is this expected and something i have to live with or can i get it fixed by the service center guys?
I guess you are mentioning the noise coming from the console hood, the curvy lid which covers the console. Many of them got it fixed and some mentioned that a thin layer of soft material has been fitted between the plastic. Even i got this rectified during my first service. Mention it during your first service and mostly service engineers are aware of this and they should take care.
Old 14th May 2014, 15:28   #6008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I guess you are downshifting too early at a higher RPM. You should brake and reduce the speed before downshifting else continue in 2nd gear which has a good range.

Rest of the issues I have not faced so far, but then I have a W8 so I am not sure if W6 is meant to be different.
Not as much as it sounds like, am talking about speeds after you have braked while approaching a turn or a speed breaker, ~15 kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
I guess you are mentioning the noise coming from the console hood, the curvy lid which covers the console. Many of them got it fixed and some mentioned that a thin layer of soft material has been fitted between the plastic. Even i got this rectified during my first service. Mention it during your first service and mostly service engineers are aware of this and they should take care.
Thanks ebmrajesh, i will get it fixed when i got for 1st service.
Old 14th May 2014, 15:50   #6009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...1) While downshifting to 1st gear, specially when you are in some speed and anticipate that you will have to slow down and downshift to 1st, there is a sudden jolt in the gear box sometimes and perhaps the vehicle itself shudders a bit, this is worrying me a bit. I can't reproduce it when the speed is right to shift to the 1st gear...
Guess you are "forcefully" downshifting when there is NO need. You should downshift to 1st ONLY when you are close to 0 kmph, otherwise a second gear would do just fine.
Old 14th May 2014, 18:22   #6010
J.Ravi

MapMyIndia has released version 9.0 maps. My XUV500 has version 8.0 maps. Will Mahindra dealership automatically call up the owners for updating the map/licence files? They did not have version 8.1 maps, when I checked up with them. Anyway, I will contact India Garage tomorrow and enquire about it.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th May 2014 at 18:24.
  (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 20:14   #6011
BHPian

Quote:
Dear XUV'ians
My car is 20 days old now and ~2500 Km mileage and I also have this issue. Appeared all of a sudden out of nowhere. Once you are irritated by this, place a hanky/paper napkins between the plastic cover and the instrument console and that should take care of it before you go for your service

Carvoyeur
Old 15th May 2014, 07:57   #6012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I also bought it from snapdeal. However, the price has now gone up. I remember homeshop18 and an unknown site vicky.in also stocking it.
Thanks Buddy! I have checked the same online and found everywhere the price is around 8k.

Would like to see it in flesh before buying, Bangalore Bhpins any idea where to get 3d Maxpieder Kagu's?
Old 15th May 2014, 08:00   #6013
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
any idea where to get 3d Maxpieder Kagu's?
Hot Tracks.

Old 15th May 2014, 08:27   #6014
BHPian

17000 Kms done without any major problems.The front right headlamps were malfunctioning and the alignment was falling down, so replaced the whole assembly for free. Its cost was around Rs 12000/-. The service is simply beautiful at Coimbatore Mahindra.
I am thinking about upgrading my headlamps and Speakers with a Screen. It is a good system, but I wouldn't call it great. I think an Amp, good speakers, slim and small bass unit and one or two LCD screens needs to go inside.
Any ideas guys. Its a w8.
Old 15th May 2014, 08:48   #6015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Thanks Ravi sir. I know this place, will go and check it out.

BTW, did you buy your's from here? Any idea on the cost?

Last edited by Chuchan : 15th May 2014 at 08:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks