Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2014, 12:13   #5866
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvoyeur View Post
There is one in Gurgaon (It shows it as a branch office on their website)

Are you talking about the Scotchgard Paint protection film? As a rough estimate, how much will it cost?
Yes, even I saw on their website. It is available at your location.

No it is not the Scotchgard Paint protection film. It is a paint sealant which they apply as a coating for the entire body and since you are opting for a Black color, it would indeed be very helpful.

AFAIK, it might cost you around 6000 INR. I am just estimating this based on my experience with them, where I had been with my friend for his fabia and they quoted around 4000 INR for his car.

Also instead of checking on their website, visit the store personally and check for the prices, they have a detailed pricelist and they might provide you with some packages or discounts if you say you are a BHPian.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 13:00   #5867
BHPian

Quote:
As a rough estimate, how much will it cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
AFAIK, it might cost you around 6000 INR.

Also instead of checking on their website, visit the store personally
For my black XUV, I got it done for 4.5 K at 3M Bangalore (HSR Layout) about a month back. Warranty is for 5 years with 6 monthly free inspection.
s_a_u_r_a_b_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 13:13   #5868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_a_u_r_a_b_h View Post
For my black XUV, I got it done for 4.5 K at 3M Bangalore (HSR Layout) about a month back. Warranty is for 5 years with 6 monthly free inspection.

Which type of paint sealant job was done on your car? I think they have multiple options likes Basic, Premium and so on. I am not sure on the names but can you give a breakup or can you attach the invoice if you don't mind.
Old 23rd April 2014, 11:06   #5869
BHPian

My mistake - the price I mentioned was for underbody anti-corrosion treatment by 3M. For body paint protection, I went to Mohsin of the Ultimate Car detailerz fame. Here's the corresponding post.
Old 23rd April 2014, 14:39   #5870
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any idea when will Mahindra launch an Automatic XUV in India. I have got to read that Mahindra has already launched Automatic XUV overseas maybe Algeria, so why not in India. XUV meets all my requirements but for the Auto box as I am fed up of driving manual cars and suvs. In fact I was among the first 100 to book XUV but later decided to wait for an Automatic and I am still waiting and my booking amount is also lying with the dealer. I am desperate to know if my waiting will be over soon or will I have to look for some other automatic SUVs.
Old 23rd April 2014, 14:54   #5871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_a_u_r_a_b_h View Post
My mistake - the price I mentioned was for underbody anti-corrosion treatment by 3M. For body paint protection, I went to Mohsin of the Ultimate Car detailerz fame. Here's the corresponding post.
How much were you charged for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any idea when will Mahindra launch an Automatic XUV in India. I have got to read that Mahindra has already launched Automatic XUV overseas maybe Algeria, so why not in India. XUV meets all my requirements but for the Auto box as I am fed up of driving manual cars and suvs. In fact I was among the first 100 to book XUV but later decided to wait for an Automatic and I am still waiting and my booking amount is also lying with the dealer. I am desperate to know if my waiting will be over soon or will I have to look for some other automatic SUVs.
AFAIK, it would not be launched before 2015. I have read somewhere that, it would be launched sometime in mid of 2015.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 15:14   #5872
BHPian

Wanted to know how relevant and beneficial is the under body anti rust coating on XUV?
All I will be doing with my xuv is just travelling and travelling and off course no hardcore sludge 4x4 adventure except some water stream crossings on ladakh trips.
SO does it get important to get the anti rust done?
Old 23rd April 2014, 16:28   #5873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Wanted to know how relevant and beneficial is the under body anti rust coating on XUV?
SO does it get important to get the anti rust done?
In my opinion its not necessary. Few pages back had a discussion on this topic.
here is the link -1.

link-2
Old 24th April 2014, 10:07   #5874
BHPian

Dear All

A crack appear in my W4 (3k KM ) just 2 month old . It happened in rajsthan when it was following friend's fortuner with brand new tyre . couple of pebbel strike on the front windshield from the tyre of fortuner. I have not noticed anything that time but later after a couple of hrs seen the crack in windshield . is the windshield so weak It was just s small pebble from the rough road .

The crack has now increased a feet long . Can it be replaced under warranty .
I have 50% NCB (transferred from old car ) on the insurance and does not seems a good option to use insurance though I have zero dep. insurance.

Not visited the service center yet , just called the RM and appraise him about the crack . He had suggested to visit the Service center . I am based out of gurgaon.

Pls advise
Old 24th April 2014, 10:51   #5875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
How much were you charged for the same?
If I remember correctly, it was around 5k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Opinion is divided on this. Some folks think its not required since factory-default will take care of it while others like me have gone for it since we are not willing to trust the manufacturers in India to do the "right" thing always. To me, it gives peace of mind while for others its no big deal. My opinions are also mentioned in the same thread MaxTorque has sent earlier. Both are valid takes, take your pick.
Old 24th April 2014, 11:40   #5876
BHPian

Fellow riders,

So the documentation work from my side is complete. hoping to avoid last minute niggles because of Bombay elections because of which the lease company head office is closed. Moreover, banks are not allowing NEFT or RTGS transactions today and yours truly lost his chequebook, which was required for initial formalities.

But all of that aside, I am going to get the delivery of my black XUV 500 W8, here in Gurgaon, tomorrow. For others benefits, here is the price I am getting:

Ex showroom/Basic cost- 13,60,444
Registration (company) - 122, 100
Cash discount - 35,000

Total cost - 1,447, 544

Now I suppose, the insurance is included in monthly rentals and hence the on road price might differ from what I could have gotten on my own.

Now, the dealer is saying that he has given all his discounts (including the free accessory) part as a cash discount and he cant really give any freebies. Does it seem reasonable or should I push him a little more?

Also he said the car is still in the stockyard and he will bring it in tomorrow. I have requested him for the VIN number/manufacturing date but he said it is March manufactured. I asked this earlier also but has anyone heard any news about a bad batch of XUVs being rolled out in March (just a hypothetical question)?

Will he give me a demo tomorrow or should I just go, spend some 10-15 minutes there, pick the car and come back?

Anything else I should ask them for? I have read a lot about RMs and purple club memberships and free Mahindra holiday coupons..

P.S.: Can't work/think today!! I hope I hope they let me leave office on time tomorrow
Old 24th April 2014, 11:59   #5877

I am evaluating to purchase XUV W6 variant, Can someone please help on following concerns :-
  1. Last year Mahindra had some improvisations done on XUV, does it also reduce niggles as well. I am concerned on the reliability front and not comfortable on too many visits to service centers.
  2. I am mostly satisfied with the features offered in this variant except for the monochrome infotainment system, so had a query can it be changed to W8 touchscreen infotainment system. If yes, would it void warranty?
  3. If W8 infotainment system cannot be retrofitted, are 3rd party ICE possibly be fitted instead, as XUV infotainment system also includes MID features.
  4. Sound quality also seemed to be below par, when I asked the RM, he said if you change speakers it shall void infotainment system warranty. Is that true?
Thanks,
Rahul.
Old 24th April 2014, 12:15   #5878
BHPian

Will he give me a demo tomorrow or should I just go, spend some 10-15 minutes there, pick the car and come back?

Hi,

Just few submissions. Ensure you have floor matting(as per your choice) put at time of delivery or as soon as possible. The dealer does provide VIN number and it helps to check.

Do complete PDI as stated in the checklists on our site. The vehicle has a lot of electronics and they should give you a complete demo. They handover a kit which has all vouchers purple club details as well as RM details.
kARTIK IYER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 13:32   #5879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virender View Post
Dear All

A crack appear in my W4 (3k KM ) just 2 month old . It happened in rajsthan when it was following friend's fortuner with brand new tyre . couple of pebbel strike on the front windshield from the tyre of fortuner. I have not noticed anything that time but later after a couple of hrs seen the crack in windshield . is the windshield so weak It was just s small pebble from the rough road .

The crack has now increased a feet long . Can it be replaced under warranty .
I have 50% NCB (transferred from old car ) on the insurance and does not seems a good option to use insurance though I have zero dep. insurance.

Not visited the service center yet , just called the RM and appraise him about the crack . He had suggested to visit the Service center . I am based out of gurgaon.

Pls advise
No, it wont be replaced under warranty as it was an accident that caused this. My 3 year old XUV has 2 very small cracks caused by stones, but i have been driving since then as it has not grown to a full size crack.

Only option is to go with the insurance if its irritating you while driving.
Old 24th April 2014, 15:06   #5880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked this earlier also but has anyone heard any news about a bad batch of XUVs being rolled out in March (just a hypothetical question)?

Anything else I should ask them for? I have read a lot about RMs and purple club memberships and free Mahindra holiday coupons..
1. No I have not heard of any bad patch of XUVs in March. Probably a rumour. My XUV is also March manufactured and behaving very well. 3K done.

2. A nominated sales person will give you a detailed briefing on features, switches and controls. DONT miss this and pay attention. Its better than doing hit and trail method or reading from the user manual. He will also take you out for a test drive. In my case I was also given a demonstration on Hill Climb/Descent feature. Dont be in a hurry. A delivery normally will take half a day.

3. Do a PDI. Check duplicate key and operate the vehicle by both. Ensure an aluminium key number token is given with the keys for demanding the keys later on in case lost. Collect all documents including insurance, payment details etc. Get the warranty book (vehicle, battery and in case cam installed) stamped. Collect your Purple club kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanny View Post
I am evaluating to purchase XUV W6 variant, Can someone please help on following concerns :-
  1. Last year Mahindra had some improvisations done on XUV, does it also reduce niggles as well. I am concerned on the reliability front and not comfortable on too many visits to service centers.
  2. I am mostly satisfied with the features offered in this variant except for the monochrome infotainment system, so had a query can it be changed to W8 touchscreen infotainment system. If yes, would it void warranty?
  3. If W8 infotainment system cannot be retrofitted, are 3rd party ICE possibly be fitted instead, as XUV infotainment system also includes MID features.
  4. Sound quality also seemed to be below par, when I asked the RM, he said if you change speakers it shall void infotainment system warranty. Is that true?
Thanks,
Rahul.
Officially the display can not be changed and out of market no options available. So the monochrome infotainment system stays. View your options well because except for alloys no other feature of W8 can be installed in W6 afterwards at any price.

No cable cuts, no loss of warranty.
TaureanBull is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks