Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2014, 13:59   #6616
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post

I urgently need to change the service center. I am fed up with their service.
But first need to check the alignment again thoroughly. Which would be a good place to check the alignment? I usually do at the Sardar's shop near Indranagar RTO. Please suggest a good alignment shop before the tyres get damaged. BTW, I have done 25K km now.
Regards
Bala
Unequal force/ pressure distribution inside the tyre also one of the reason for this steering vibration/ side pulling. I had similar issue earlier, when i approached Madhu's they identified that one of the tyre is having this issue using their Road force test equipment. They suggested to use this as spare wheel and if required use this wheel in rear position.
That is the manufacturing defect.

FYI.. mine are JK tires. This defective tyre is actually given to me as a spare wheel. Once i changed tyre from that time i had this issue. Anyway now it is back to its actual spare wheel position.
Old 17th October 2014, 15:05   #6617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Unequal force/ pressure distribution inside the tyre also one of the reason for this steering vibration/ side pulling. I had similar issue earlier, when i approached Madhu's they identified that one of the tyre is having this issue using their Road force test equipment. They suggested to use this as spare wheel and if required use this wheel in rear position.
That is the manufacturing defect.
Thanks. This may be the issue as I had changed the rear left tyre with spare tyre and the right pulling started. I assumed it was due to hit on the kerb. Now sireesh have rotated the tyres and have to go to madhu ro check the issue
Old 17th October 2014, 15:23   #6618
Senior - BHPian

I dont know why the service centres dont want to balance the rear wheels. I had severe vibration when touching triple digits. Took the SKS service in salem. They Did the balancing for front wheel only and vibrations reduced (but not fully gone) I asked to do the rear wheel also, but they declined .
This time during the second service visited CAI in erode and insisted to do rear wheel balancing. The vibrations totally gone and now its completely smooth. I agree that VIBRATIONS are due to front wheel balancing only. But when you have rear wheel that has big difference in weight balance , some vibrations can be felt right ?
Old 18th October 2014, 09:34   #6619

Hello there. Is there any way to play videos using the USB? Seems only DVDs can be used. Any ideas??
Old 18th October 2014, 11:55   #6620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedhar View Post
Hello there. Is there any way to play videos using the USB? Seems only DVDs can be used. Any ideas??
Yes ideally you can. It will play avi files. But I am unsuccessful till date. It is recognizing avi files but I can see only blank screen..could be a file codec issue
gpriyesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 14:08   #6621
Senior - BHPian

Can someone please clarify the company standard warranty and the extended warranty on the XUV5OO. As per the "XUV500_service&warranty_booklet", the standard warranty is for a period 2 YEARS or 65,000 KM whichever occurs earlier from the date of retail sale to the customer, whereas the homepage mentions that the standard warranty is now, 3years/1,00,000 kms. Which version is true? And if the standard warranty now is indeed 3years/1,00,000 kms, then what about the extended warranty in terms of additional years/kms?

I am inclining towards the W6, hence the query.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 18th October 2014 at 14:10.
Old 18th October 2014, 14:42   #6622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Can someone please clarify the company standard warranty and the extended warranty on the XUV5OO. As per the "XUV500_service&warranty_booklet", the standard warranty is for a period 2 YEARS or 65,000 KM whichever occurs earlier from the date of retail sale to the customer, whereas the homepage mentions that the standard warranty is now, 3years/1,00,000 kms. Which version is true? And if the standard warranty now is indeed 3years/1,00,000 kms, then what about the extended warranty in terms of additional years/kms?

I am inclining towards the W6, hence the query.
Standard warranty is 3 years/100000kms.. You can buy extended warranty for 2 more years and 150000kms
gpriyesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 14:56   #6623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Standard warranty is 3 years/100000kms.. You can buy extended warranty for 2 more years and 150000kms
Thank you gpriyesh for pitching in. That is a substantial warranty for peace of mind. Anyone aware of any offers currently going on XUV in Pune. Also how much discounts one can expect during the year end.
Old 19th October 2014, 05:40   #6624

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Yes ideally you can. It will play avi files. But I am unsuccessful till date. It is recognizing avi files but I can see only blank screen..could be a file codec issue
Thanks Priyesh. I'll try this and see if it works. Also, do enlighten me how to rest my trip recorder. Any amount of pressing the triangular button on the right hood of the Speedometer console does not reset or switch between odo and trip meters as informed in the booklet. Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 14:23   #6625
BHPian

Quote:
Also, do enlighten me how to rest my trip recorder. Any amount of pressing the triangular button on the right hood of the Speedometer console does not reset or switch between odo and trip meters as informed in the booklet. Thanks
Try pressing the switch little hard than the usual force you apply, ofcourse not too hard to break it off. Still if it's not working, approach your ASS, there can be minor issue with the switch as carbon forming between the contacts can cause this issues. If accessible little bit of cleaning of the contacts in ASS will resolve the issues else ask them for replacement of the switch.
Old 19th October 2014, 16:00   #6626
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Priyesh. I'll try this and see if it works. Also, do enlighten me how to rest my trip recorder. Any amount of pressing the triangular button on the right hood of the Speedometer console does not reset or switch between odo and trip meters as informed in the booklet. Thanks
Soft press on the button toggle between odo and trip meters and the hard press resets them. This is the normal behavior. If not working this way take it to the ASS
Old 19th October 2014, 16:02   #6627
BHPian

Hi Guys

I am unable to find the bulb specification for high beam.
In user Manual it is showing as H15-15 55W. Not able to find this anywhere.
Is there any alternate bulbs available or what is the correct bulb spec for high beam?
Old 19th October 2014, 16:22   #6628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Hi Guys

I am unable to find the bulb specification for high beam.
In user Manual it is showing as H15-15 55W. Not able to find this anywhere.
Is there any alternate bulbs available or what is the correct bulb spec for high beam?
It's H7 bulb 55watt.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2014, 19:49   #6629
BHPian

Software/Hardware version (new or old)

Had my 5k service today and the RM said its the new one.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20141019_193627.jpg  

Old 19th October 2014, 20:23   #6630
BHPian

Mods: Please merge with the post above.

After searching back a few posts it seems to have gotten updates to the decoder and bluetooth software only. Remaining versions are the same.

Link to previous update: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3374027

To check sw/hw version press and hold (Mute) and (>> seek) buttons together for a few seconds.

Last edited by falconion : 19th October 2014 at 20:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks