Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2014, 12:14   #6601
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Nine months back, I upgraded from petrol Linea to XUV 500.
Your Thread was the sole inspiration for my upgrade plan .
cosmopolitan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 12:21   #6602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
On my last visit to Bangalore I have seen lot of Tata Safaris cruising at around steady130-140. But not any XUVs had overtaken me.

On my test-drive of XUV I ve found reaching triple digit speeds is not at all difficult thing. What is the most comfortable cruising speed according to various owners' perspective.
IMO, XUV is very stable at higher speeds but comfortable cruising speed would be around 90-100kmph.

And no XUV's overtook you because I feel they were happily enjoying the beautiful feature of cruise control, whereas Safari does not come equipped with Cruise control and owner's were enjoying it's top speed
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 12:25   #6603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
This happens to me sometimes. Here is what I do. . switch off the infotainment . remove the USB. Switch off the vehicle fully. Start the xuv. Insert the USB. All folders appears again. Its just a glitch in the infotainment system. Sometimes even reverse cam doesn't work and the screen turns pink color. Switch off the car and start again. The problem clears .
Thanks

I did try restarting the infotainment and not the vehicle. Let me try that.

Regards,

Balpreet
Old 13th October 2014, 12:37   #6604
BHPian

Hi All,

Need an advise from the XUV owners. Was visiting couple of dealers for test drive and found that for almost all test derive vehicles(W8), the smell inside due to leather upholstery is almost intolerable. Is it like this way or is it that the dealer has not maintained the vehicle properly. I think in W8 the upholstery and seat covers are made of leather and it is stinking . Is there any solution for this. Also noticed that the thigh support in middle row seats are considerably less than that of the new Scroprio. So how is the ride comfort/quality during long trips in 2nd row.

Regards,
Gopi
Old 13th October 2014, 16:17   #6605
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra plans to launch hybrid and automatic versions of the XUV500.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 08:50   #6606
BHPian

Quote:
BTW: Whats does Auto Tensioner means? This was replaced too though i was not charged at all.
Auto Tensioner helps keep the belts tight with no slack, in this case since you replaced the AC belts.

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th October 2014 at 09:15. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
Old 15th October 2014, 17:51   #6607
Senior - BHPian

10000km Review

Completed 10000kms on my XUV. Service done . The bill came to Rs.1209/-

MY reviews on my XUV so far.
1. Excellent Highway Cruiser. Very comfortable to drive . Sitting 3 in the middle row is comfortable and better than Innova.

2. Took long enough to really understand this SUV compared to the sedans I owned before. This is my first SUV. While driving on bad roads in my sedan, i have to slow down to avoid disturbing the passengers and also damage to my tires.
But, XUV is different here. Whenever I drive slowly on rough patches and small potholes , the ride is bumpy and I have to slow really hard. But, if i drive FAST , things are different. The XUV just glides over the potholes and since it got bigger tires , less worries about tire damage. So , here is the rule I have learnt . Drive fast when I see potholes, the passengers say that , they can only hear the suspension noise, but the jolting is very less compared to when I drive slowly on the patches. I really didnt have the guts to drive fast on potholes because of having the sedan and hatchback experience before.

3. Just few rattles occuring and disappearing itself.

4. Infotainment bugs still unresolved by M&M. Sometimes reverse cam doesn't work and sometimes shows pink color . Solved by switching off the engine and starting again. Also sometimes some folders go missing on USB drive. Solved again by removing usb and switch off engine and on .

5. The reverse cam issue is not yet solved. - (ie) The reverse cam in infotainment option comes ON only when reverse gear is engaged and remains black if not in reverse gear . Few XUV owners informed that , reverse cam can be switched on while driving . Seems , it was removed during the software update or the service centre has no idea about it.
undead is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 18:24   #6608
BHPian

Re: 10000km Review

Quote:
Completed 10000kms on my XUV. Service done . The bill came to Rs.1209/-
Great to know that you are having a great time with your S(X)UV !! When comparing with owners of European cars, one differentiating element I have seen with the XUV owners is the level of support that you get from Mahindra - in case they run into any issues. When all is well, we dont really need support from manufacturers and dealers. But the moment something goes wrong, our entire perception hinges on the attitude and sincerity of the service guys on how they attend our issues. Hope the great support from Mahindra continues and wishing you years of happy driving.

One question - what is the frequency of the service intervals? It is 5000 kms/6 months or 10K/1 year?

-Vivek
Old 15th October 2014, 18:30   #6609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Great to know that you are having a great time with your S(X)UV !! When comparing with owners of European cars, one differentiating element I have seen with the XUV owners is the level of support that you get from Mahindra - in case they run into any issues. When all is well, we dont really need support from manufacturers and dealers. But the moment something goes wrong, our entire perception hinges on the attitude and sincerity of the service guys on how they attend our issues. Hope the great support from Mahindra continues and wishing you years of happy driving.

One question - what is the frequency of the service intervals? It is 5000 kms/6 months or 10K/1 year?

-Vivek
Thanks Vivek. XUV owners do get a good support from the service centre. They differentiate the bolero owners and XUV owners. Whenever i call the Mahindra for XUV doubts, when they hear that my vehicle is a XUV, their tone changes a bit , and they behave asif they want to help me.

Service interval is only by Kms. NOT by time. Every 10000 kms checkup . Every 20000 kms Oil Change. Visit the Service centre once you reach the milestone. I know that some experts advice changing the oil within 1 year, but most of the XUV owners reach the milestone quickly and maybe that's why Mahindra decided to drop the time interval issue to be more customer friendly.
(Even I service my 2004 Elantra only after it reaches the milestone. My service advisor , who is also a friend suggested me that , as i long as i drive the vehicle regularly , don't mind about the time interval. )
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 20:15   #6610
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vivek. XUV owners do get a good support from the service centre. They differentiate the bolero owners and XUV owners. Whenever i call the Mahindra for XUV doubts, when they hear that my vehicle is a XUV, their tone changes a bit , and they behave asif they want to help me.

Service interval is only by Kms. NOT by time. Every 10000 kms checkup . Every 20000 kms Oil Change. Visit the Service centre once you reach the milestone.
Perfect. Thanks a lot undead for that info. I own a Verna, and as far as periodic service is concerned, I strictly follow the kilometers only, and not the time interval. I saw that Mahindra had spaced the XUV services a bit aggressively in terms of months, ies why I had this doubt.

-Vivek
Old 15th October 2014, 22:09   #6611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balpreetsingh View Post
All,

Service Lead suggested to have all song in same folder. However this is not practical. I would not want to move from song1 of movie 1 to song1 of another movie.

Any help from seasoned expert here on this. How has been the experience of others on no. of folders on USB drive that W8 entertainment system can read.
Quote:
remove the USB. Switch off the vehicle fully. Start the xuv. Insert the USB. All folders appears again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balpreetsingh View Post
Thanks Gpriyesh.

I have been thinking of another option to have my IPod Classic put to use on XUV once I get the delivery in next few days. It may be easier to scan thru folders / songs on Ipod.

Cheers,
Balpreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaymishra View Post
I too see this problem in my W8, Ipod only shows some songs never realized it is a 6 folder restriction. Is there any workaround for this?
A heavily loaded 8Gb USB drive keeps giving issues. Sometimes the infotainment dosent read the folders properly and in case new files or folders are copied into the USB, it does not show up. The only solution is to reformat the entire USB drive and copy back all the songs again including the new ones. A headache considering it has be to be done everytime new songs are copied. Infact I used to maintain an XUV music folder in my computer with all the songs in the USB and keep updating the files so as to save the time relocating the songs again and again.....

However, now I have stopped using the USB drive, instead just play music from my mobile and over the bluetooth. And it has a lot more advantages - no issues with folders or new files and the biggest like is the sound quality of the music played over bluetooth. With 2 equalisers (mobile and infotainment) coming into picture, the music just started sounding better. Till then, I was thinking the speaker was the culprit. Not that they are the best, but still the music quality has improved. The songs I loved listening on my mac, the songs that sounded so good on my friends car etc dint sound the same in my car whatever I did. It felt boring, especially on long trips. However, with bluetooth music, things have changed.

So based on my experience, I would suggest using your mobile bluetooth or even aux for playing music. Just makes the entire XUV music experience better.
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 14:51   #6612
BHPian

After the 20K service, the Sireesh marathahalli workshop did a real bad job alignment / balancing. As the vehicle was pulling to the left, sent the XUV again to them and again they didnt do it properly. Third time the vehicle went to them and alignment was ok but at speends of 110, vibration of steering wheel started which means their balancing was wrong. As I was going out of town (not in my XUV), (and fedup with Sireesh), didnt bother much.
The car was standing idle for 15 days during pooja hols as I was not in town. After that last weekend a coorg trip by my BIL, the car was pulling heavily to right. My BIL had hit the kerb while starting from parking damaing the bumper. I initially thought something related to the tie rod or bush due to the kerb hit and sent again to Sireesh for checking. After checking the vehicle for 2 days, they have given back the vehicle saying all mechanicals are good and done alignment. Now the vehicle is pulling to the left.

I urgently need to change the service center. I am fed up with their service.
But first need to check the alignment again thoroughly. Which would be a good place to check the alignment? I usually do at the Sardar's shop near Indranagar RTO. Please suggest a good alignment shop before the tyres get damaged. BTW, I have done 25K km now.
Regards
Bala
Old 16th October 2014, 16:04   #6613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
I urgently need to change the service center. I am fed up with their service.
But first need to check the alignment again thoroughly. Which would be a good place to check the alignment? I usually do at the Sardar's shop near Indranagar RTO. Please suggest a good alignment shop before the tyres get damaged. BTW, I have done 25K km now.
Regards
Bala
Madhus Enterprise@Langford is highly praised on this forum, about their workmanship in Alignment/Balancing. I have earlier taken all my cars to TyrePlus in HSR/Whitefield, and am satisfied with them too.

BTW after reading your bad experience, I won't ask Sireesh Marathahally (which is the nearest for me) to not even check the Wheel Balancing/Alignment, for my 5k service which will be due shortly.
Old 16th October 2014, 16:10   #6614
BHPian

Hi,

I personally never do the wheel alignment/balancing at the ASS, they are expensive and do not do a complete job. I have been doing it at MRF centre or Bridgestone outlets and feel its better as they only do that business,are better equipped to manage it well.

You can find plenty of them at all metro cities.
Old 17th October 2014, 02:17   #6615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Madhus Enterprise@Langford is highly praised on this forum, about their workmanship in Alignment/Balancing. I have earlier taken all my cars to TyrePlus in HSR/Whitefield, and am satisfied with them too.

BTW after reading your bad experience, I won't ask Sireesh Marathahally (which is the nearest for me) to not even check the Wheel Balancing/Alignment, for my 5k service which will be due shortly.
I wouldnt suggest TyrePlus in HSR. It is amateur hour over there, all the time. Madhus is a much better experience.
neil.jericho is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks