Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 19:45   #6451
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Then will advice you to change your service center. Obviously they are not doing their job properly.

It could also be possible that they did not give you a genuine Mahindra approved Reverse camera.

EDIT: You can also show them the pictures from the forum showing that it works.
I have decided already to change the service centre. And I DID show them the pictures from the forum. They say that ,those who were getting the reverse cam running while driving forward must have connected the cam directly to 12v line instead of reverse cam line (they are just making things up , they just didnt accept that they dont know how to fix it.) Their stand is this - Reverse cam starts up only when reverse gear is engaged and cannot switch on while driving and it will show black screen only.

Regarding the service centre, can anybody give me alternate suggestions?
My present ASC is Salem . I have one in Coimbatore , but i have already received reviews that they are not better than the one in Salem. I can either try Bangalore or Chennai. Any satisfied ASC in bangalore or chennai, our members can recommend for ?
Old 4th September 2014, 02:00   #6452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Regarding the service centre, can anybody give me alternate suggestions?
My present ASC is Salem . I have one in Coimbatore , but i have already received reviews that they are not better than the one in Salem. I can either try Bangalore or Chennai. Any satisfied ASC in bangalore or chennai, our members can recommend for ?
Try CAI in Coimbatore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Also Mahindra has given you additional leg space in middle row by compromising the space behind your last row. How many times you will travel with full 7 passengers on board?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
With all 7 passengers and seats up in place, none of the UVs offer any luggage space, except the Aria. Yes, it may be a tad more or less in competition, but all 7 seater UVs have negligible boot space with all seats up.

These cars are more like -

* 5 seaters with lots of boot space for long trips
* 7 seaters with no boot space for short city runs with extended family or friends
I for one make atleast one trip a month with 6 passengers and heavy duty luggage.
After downgrading from Innova to XUV, I feel very cramped up in terms of last row space and boot space.
Will post a detailed review after I hit 20K km

Last edited by Zappo : 4th September 2014 at 14:59. Reason: Please dont make these back to back posts. Use the edit button to add content in the first 20 mins.
Old 4th September 2014, 09:45   #6453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
I for one make atleast one trip a month with 6 passengers and heavy duty luggage.
After downgrading from Innova to XUV, I feel very cramped up in terms of last row space and boot space.
Will post a detailed review after I hit 20K km
I thought XUV was an upgrade to the Innova!

Anyways, if it is just 6 people, that means you can fold 50% of the third row seat & use that space for luggage...
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 11:48   #6454
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I second the same. For 6 people the best option is to make three people sit in second row. The trick is to keep third row passenger count limited to one and to rotate them at each break, else be prepared for some serious cursing.

Also, has anyone availed the free monsoon wash offer from M&M. I had received an SMS from them two weeks back asking to send MW to 575758. However on sending the SMS I am getting a reply as my number is not registered in Purple club. On checking the same with customer care they insist that the same number is updated in their records, not sure what the issue is.

For free wash they have a code asking me to show this to any service center and avail the offer.
Old 4th September 2014, 12:34   #6455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
^^ I second the same. For 6 people the best option is to make three people sit in second row. The trick is to keep third row passenger count limited to one and to rotate them at each break, else be prepared for some serious cursing.
Quote:
I thought XUV was an upgrade to the Innova!

Anyways, if it is just 6 people, that means you can fold 50% of the third row seat & use that space for luggage...
No. XUV is a poor second (or last) in terms riding comfort, boot space, handling when compared to Innova. XUV sells because of value for money, a good upgrade from a small car / sedan to a big pseudo SUV feel. It is a sheep in tigers skin. A car in SUV styling.

Right now I am doing a half folded 3rd row. The problem comes when I try to take my driver along and then I have to compromise on space or drive myself or kick out my 2 inlaws

My son who used to sleep in the 3rd row of Innova now prefers sitting in the front row and thus spoiling all calculations. Hence
Old 4th September 2014, 12:41   #6456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No. XUV is a poor second (or last) in terms riding comfort, boot space, handling when compared to Innova. XUV sells because of value for money, a good upgrade from a small car / sedan to a big pseudo SUV feel. It is a sheep in tigers skin. A car in SUV styling.

Right now I am doing a half folded 3rd row. The problem comes when I try to take my driver along and then I have to compromise on space or drive myself or kick out my 2 inlaws

My son who used to sleep in the 3rd row of Innova now prefers sitting in the front row and thus spoiling all calculations. Hence
Well, respect your opinion.

Sorry to note you are not happy with the XUV.

We had an Innova earlier & then upgraded to the XUV. For me, the XUV is leagues ahead of the Innova, except in third row legroom. XUV has a more powerful & refined engine, much better NVH, more safety & comfort features and even better seats. And of course, the interiors feel a lot richer than the plane jane Innova.

To each his own, I guess.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 4th September 2014 at 12:42.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 12:59   #6457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, respect your opinion.

Sorry to note you are not happy with the XUV.

We had an Innova earlier & then upgraded to the XUV. For me, the XUV is leagues ahead of the Innova, except in third row legroom. XUV has a more powerful & refined engine, much better NVH, more safety & comfort features and even better seats. And of course, the interiors feel a lot richer than the plane jane Innova.

To each his own, I guess.
I also agree with you. XUV is an upgrade if compared with Innova. We have both cars in my family (Innova driven by my Bro) and i can feel a BIG difference between the two in every aspect. Specially the engine, its way to powerful and quieter than Innova.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 14:36   #6458
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I guess the difference in opinion is based on comparison of XUV from a drivers or a passengers (3rd row) view.

While I like XUV for a lot of things third row is not one of that, however it is not a deal breaker for me since I use it very rarely. Most of the times it is folded down helping in freeing up boot space. Other options which I considered during purchase was mostly sedans & mini- SUV's.

Similarly there are a lot of things I like about Innova, however driveablity is not one of them. For third row seat comfort I guess Innova is the best option (not sure of Aria since I have not traveled in the same yet).

As car enthusiasts we tend to ignore the third row discomfort for the occasional passenger as long as the vehicle is self driven. However when a chauffeur is driving the vehicle with third row in use it gets bit tricky.

I guess it all depends on what your priorities are, since both the vehicle has its own positives and negatives.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 14:52   #6459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I also agree with you. XUV is an upgrade if compared with Innova. We have both cars in my family (Innova driven by my Bro) and i can feel a BIG difference between the two in every aspect. Specially the engine, its way to powerful and quieter than Innova.
I think it's not justified comparing XUV with innova. Innova scores over XUV over two things only that is 3rd row space and Toyotas reliability. Apart from these two aspects XUV is miles ahead innova.

It would be better to install roof carrier for long trips and remove it once you back. Then i feel the sixth passenger will be very comfortable. Even the 3rd row can be completely folded and a bedding along with pillow be kept inside for children to sleep (suggested only under very cautious driving )

The third row being folded brings ample space even for an adult to sleep.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 14:54   #6460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
^^ I guess the difference in opinion is based on comparison of XUV from a drivers or a passengers (3rd row) view.
Probably.

Quote:
While I like XUV for a lot of things third row is not one of that, however it is not a deal breaker for me since I use it very rarely. Most of the times it is folded down helping in freeing up boot space. Other options which I considered during purchase was mostly sedans & mini- SUV's.
+100. But my reply to Mr. Balan was purely in response to his following comments -

* After downgrading from Innova to XUV - I think XUV feels more upmarket.
* XUV is a poor second (or last) in terms riding comfort, handling when compared to Innova - I again think XUV is more comfortable, though the Innova has a slight edge in ride quality. Handling is more or less the same in both cars.

I am not contesting Mr. Balan's views here. Just putting forward my opinions. As I said, to each his own!

Quote:
Similarly there are a lot of things I like about Innova, however driveablity is not one of them. For third row seat comfort I guess Innova is the best option (not sure of Aria since I have not traveled in the same yet).
I am 6'2" & I have travelled in most UVs fortunately. I will never even think of sitting in the last row of Scorpio, XUV, Aria, Safari/Storme.

The best last row hands down is the Xylo. Lots of space. Bumpy ride is a discomfort though.

Innova comes second, but only if the middle row is slid forward. Ride is pliant.

Ertiga comes third, but the middle row has to be pushed fully forward which compromises heavily on the legroom for middle row.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 16:24   #6461
Senior - BHPian

I fail to understand why couldn't M&M think of adding sliding middle rows in XUV. We could have used that to make more leg room for third row, as it is the middle row space is too much.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 18:19   #6462
BHPian

Quote:
After downgrading from Innova to XUV,
I am not an owner of XUV 5OO nor I belong to the prospective's list.

But sir, your statement can / will cause offence to owners. Period.

Comparing a MUV with an SUV is not correct and calling it a downgrade isn't justified.
sudeep.pandya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 20:39   #6463
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did you take a test-drive before buying the XUV W4? May be M&M fooled you by giving TD in a XUV which had brilliant comfort, handling and boot-space ... and then gave you a XUV with none of that. How unethical of them!

Quote:
...Right now I am doing a half folded 3rd row. The problem comes when I try to take my driver along and then I have to compromise on space or drive myself or kick out my 2 inlaws

Come on man. You are blaming the vehicle for something that it never offered. Cramped 3rd row seat and lack of luggage space with all seats up are known problems of the XUV. If you chose to ignore them during the buying process, how is it the vehicle's fault?

If you are missing your Innova so much, may be you should sell the W4 and buy a Innova again. No point living with a compromise and getting frustrated.

Last edited by SDP : 4th September 2014 at 20:41.
SDP is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 21:31   #6464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I fail to understand why couldn't M&M think of adding sliding middle rows in XUV. We could have used that to make more leg room for third row, as it is the middle row space is too much.
This was exactly my thought as well. Why didn't Mahindra think of this option.
For people who travel full load and need space for luggage, best option is to get a luggage carrier rather than blaming the vehicle for it. It was like this before buying and the same after buying. Why blame now?
Old 5th September 2014, 11:18   #6465
BHPian

After buying XUV, I have stopped comparing it with Innova. Now I compare XUV with Fortuner because of simple justification; both have same Wheel Rim size(17")
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed