Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2014, 22:41   #6301
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Congratulations on the XUV and good to know about the dealer experience

And yes as Rahul mentioned, it is difficult to find a detailed review of W6, it would be great if you can post some pics of the infotainment along with the fabric seats. Did you get a reverse camera installed? If yes, is it synced with the infotainment system or a separate mirror is given as part of the IRVM.

Guys, i have written a fairly detailed thread of W6 here (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...omes-home.html). Please let me know if you need any more info.
Old 3rd August 2014, 00:11   #6302
BHPian

Xuv W8 Awd

Well I have finally decided to get a XUV 5oo. I always had a fascination for AWD, so I will probably go for the W8 AWD.

So here is how it is going now. I have approached two dealerships at Kolkata and I was amazed at how little the salesmen know about the cars they are selling. Anyway, both tried to dissuade me from the AWD...probably because they do not have one in stock. One mentioned FE is lower as if AWD means all wheels are driving all the time.
1. Both dealers initially said it will take 2-3 months to get a AWD. And price cannot be guaranteed as prices are likely to go up next month( one dealer said that they have been notified already). I checked Mahindra's site and it does say that prices are being reviewed.
2. I started talking to one of the dealers after he said that he can get a W8 AWD in a month if I can provide a bigger advance. He started writing down his quote and then he suddenly figured out that the current monsoon discount 20K will not apply on the AWD as it has to be "ordered". That came as a surprise, since the discount was the first thing he told me when we started talking. He then said he can give me the 20K discount if I take a regular W8 and can also deliver within a week or two.

Has this been the general experience while trying to order AWD as opposed to regular W8?
Anyone knows if prices are likely to go up next month?
Old 3rd August 2014, 00:34   #6303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imove View Post
Well I have finally decided to get a XUV 5oo. I always had a fascination for AWD, so I will probably go for the W8 AWD.

So here is how it is going now. I have approached two dealerships at Kolkata and I was amazed at how little the salesmen know about the cars they are selling. Anyway, both tried to dissuade me from the AWD...probably because they do not have one in stock. One mentioned FE is lower as if AWD means all wheels are driving all the time.
1. Both dealers initially said it will take 2-3 months to get a AWD. And price cannot be guaranteed as prices are likely to go up next month( one dealer said that they have been notified already). I checked Mahindra's site and it does say that prices are being reviewed.
2. I started talking to one of the dealers after he said that he can get a W8 AWD in a month if I can provide a bigger advance. He started writing down his quote and then he suddenly figured out that the current monsoon discount 20K will not apply on the AWD as it has to be "ordered". That came as a surprise, since the discount was the first thing he told me when we started talking. He then said he can give me the 20K discount if I take a regular W8 and can also deliver within a week or two.

Has this been the general experience while trying to order AWD as opposed to regular W8?
Good to hear you have finally decided on buying this beauty. Even i am planning to book W6 model as this model features fills all my requirements.

Being in Kolkata why you so keen on AWD model ?

Being in West Bengal i feel there will be good offers during Durga Puja time, i didn't hear about any price rise on the contrary am expecting a better offer in September due to puja season.
Old 3rd August 2014, 00:50   #6304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Good to hear you have finally decided on buying this beauty. Even i am planning to book W6 model as this model features fills all my requirements.

Being in Kolkata why you so keen on AWD model ?
Let's just say it's a fascination at this point I wanted to buy a Thar, but simply could not get myself to accept the poor finish of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Being in West Bengal i feel there will be good offers during Durga Puja time, i didn't hear about any price rise on the contrary am expecting a better offer in September due to puja season.
Well what the dealers said that prices will go up and then some discounts will be offered for pujas. And the fact Mahindra site says that XUV prices are under review makes me nervous...Good to know there is someone else also doing the research. PM me if you can..and we can probably have a better buying power together.

BTW, are you taking the regular insurance or the bumper-to-bumper? Current discount I was offered on W8 was 50K, includes 20K monsoon discount, 20K discount on bumper to bumper Insurance, 10K Corporate discount.
Old 3rd August 2014, 01:26   #6305
BHPian

Re: Xuv W8 Awd

Quote:

I went through this ordeal.
I booked my AWD on 28th March 2014.

Yes most dealerships are not well informed regarding the AWD version. My dealership in particular sells 1 AWD every 2 moths or so (according to the sales guy).

Being concerned if anything happens will they be able to deal with an AWD, I asked the XUV500 sales manager and the XUV relationship manager there, and they said not to worry about those things, since its rare to have mechanical failure, and if it does the vehicle is similar to W8 (with the exception of AWD transmission) which they will fix, and so far there have been no AWD transmission issues reported (so far, knock on wood).

AWDs are "made to order" due to low sales. I was told that after booking it will take about 3 weeks. Due to this long waiting time some individuals that had booked the AWD later switched to W8 only to get quicker delivery. The booking fee being 40-50k, the customers did not care to cancel their booking, loose the booking amount and get the W8 much quicker, this in turn causes the dealer to cancel the AWD order (which mind you has already initiated the "made to order" situation).

So this phenomenon has led to dealers asking for a much bigger advance in case of AWD.

March to April 2014 was the time when there was going to be a price hike. I was informed by the dealer about this hike before hand, the XUV500 sales manager also mentioned it will be around 1% hike. Because I was serious about buying the AWD, me and my uncle negotiated they offered 10,000 off on insurance and 12% off on all accessories + whatever offer mahindra has next month (all this in writing on the invoice, don't accept anything by word of mouth).

I paid them 5 lac on 28th March as proof that I really wanted the AWD.

I got the vehicle delivered on 18 April, it was at the showroom on the 16th (basically took 19 days, just short of 3 weeks). Checked the VIN for manufacture date, it was March 2014, side view mirrors had a label showing 28 March 2014, Form 22 had date of 5 April 2014. So its either you get "made to order" or "made during the time".

April the prices were hiked by about 17k for AWD. Considering you are already paying 1 lac extra on top of W8, the 17k along with other discounts takes away the sourness of price hike.

Prior to payment, had a sit down with the XUV500 sales manager and got the April months benefits (13K cash discount) and other cash discounts added along with the assuread 10k off + 12% off on accessories. Total saved was about 45k (so technically a 28k discount if you consider the price hike).

(ex-showroom Hyderabad)
April 2014: 14,74,143
March 2014:14,57,246
Hike of 16,897 rupees (~ 1.09% price hike), so the sales manager was correct.

If prices will increase it would most likely be a 1% hike.

AWD does not decrease mileage significantly, I have not noticed much. On a long highway journey I had about 17.9 kmpl. Within city I am getting 12-13 kmpl.

AWD works up to 40 kmph speed only when you switch "on" the AWD lock switch. It works and I like the feel of it when on mud and water filled rough patchy roads, you can feel the extra power. I also use it when climbing up a slope to enter my parking to park the car, it makes parking easier for me compared to without it.

AWD is on by default (not with the switch), in the default mode AWD send power to rear tires "only" when there is any slippage in the front tires.

For me AWD was a decision made by the heart, plus the added benefit of the feeling of "made to order" .
falconion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 08:36   #6306
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
And price cannot be guaranteed as prices are likely to go up next month( one dealer said that they have been notified already). I checked Mahindra's site and it does say that prices are being reviewed.
Even if they hike price, one may get current onroad prices mostly during festival season in Sept/Oct. Yes the website shows prices are being revised.
I got to know from one dealer that they are hearing of some changes to interiors of Xylo in August; not sure if we can anticipate any enhancement to XUV.

Last edited by Twiny : 3rd August 2014 at 08:40.
Twiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 12:13   #6307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
I went through this ordeal.
I booked my AWD on 28th March 2014.

Prior to payment, had a sit down with the XUV500 sales manager and got the April months benefits (13K cash discount) and other cash discounts added along with the assuread 10k off + 12% off on accessories. Total saved was about 45k (so technically a 28k discount if you consider the price hike).

(ex-showroom Hyderabad)
March 2014:14,57,246
Hike of 16,897 rupees (~ 1.09% price hike), so the sales manager was correct.

If prices will increase it would most likely be a 1% hike.

AWD does not decrease mileage significantly, I have not noticed much. On a long highway journey I had about 17.9 kmpl. Within city I am getting 12-13 kmpl.

For me AWD was a decision made by the heart, plus the added benefit of the feeling of "made to order" .
I cannot thank you more for this very detailed feedback..and cannot but help ask more questions...For me the AWD is a decision of the heart too.

1. What type of insurance did you take? Did you buy any extended warranty?
2. So far have you faced any trouble with the AWD or the SUV as a whole?
3. Any snaps of your beauty?
imove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 16:50   #6308
BHPian

Quote:
I cannot thank you more for this very detailed feedback..and cannot but help ask more questions...For me the AWD is a decision of the heart too.

1. What type of insurance did you take? Did you buy any extended warranty?
2. So far have you faced any trouble with the AWD or the SUV as a whole?
3. Any snaps of your beauty?

You are most welcome.

I opted for insurance (Bharati Axa) from the dealer itself, as it had cashless transaction option. They had given 10k off with zero depreciation cover. It was our first time buying a car in India so did not want to hassle myself with looking for insurance some other place. But for next time I am more prepared to deal with this on my own. If you are aware of insurance details you can get it yourself and you will save more money.

I have not opted for Extended Warranty yet, it wasn't available at that time. I am planning on getting it during the first service.

Niggles so far that I have faced are mentioned here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3474372

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3477724

I don't have much snaps of the ride. Will show what I have though:
This was prior to delivery, while getting the accessories fixed. You can see the AWD setup underneath.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-14-13.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20140417_125046.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20140417_125116.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20140417_125135.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20140417_140526.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20140417_140857.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20140417_140913.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20140417_142511.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20140417_143234.jpg  

Last edited by falconion : 3rd August 2014 at 17:11.
Old 4th August 2014, 19:23   #6309
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the XUV and good to know about the dealer experience

And yes as Rahul mentioned, it is difficult to find a detailed review of W6, it would be great if you can post some pics of the infotainment along with the fabric seats. Did you get a reverse camera installed? If yes, is it synced with the infotainment system or a separate mirror is given as part of the IRVM.
Guys as i am out of town i had requested my brother to share some pics of interiors which i had attached below. I would be starting an ownership thread soon and would fill that up with pics.
I have not installed any reverse camera so far but have read here that integrating the same to the monochrome display is feasible. I was also warned by the sales team that any tamper to the monochrome display will result in warranty issues. Keeping my fingers crossed.
On Pic 2 you can see my wife holding my 8 month old son who loves travelling in XUV more than punto
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-w6_monochrome_display.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-w6_second_row.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-w6_interior.jpg  

Sree_hari82 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 10:34   #6310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_hari82 View Post
Guys as i am out of town i had requested my brother to share some pics of interiors which i had attached below. I would be starting an ownership thread soon and would fill that up with pics.
I have not installed any reverse camera so far but have read here that integrating the same to the monochrome display is feasible. I was also warned by the sales team that any tamper to the monochrome display will result in warranty issues. Keeping my fingers crossed.
On Pic 2 you can see my wife holding my 8 month old son who loves travelling in XUV more than punto
The mats look clean and a perfect fit Is this part of the Mahindra accessories or you bought it outside? If yes how much did it cost?

And I do not see your son in the 2nd pic it is in the 3rd pic
Old 5th August 2014, 11:53   #6311
BHPian

Quote:
The mats look clean and a perfect fit Is this part of the Mahindra accessories or you bought it outside? If yes how much did it cost?

And I do not see your son in the 2nd pic it is in the 3rd pic
Yes this was part of the Mahindra accessories which was given as free during the time of delivery. I am planning to put Max Spider 3D mats which has been doing duty in my other car. The only negative part is the drive side foot rest area stitches are coming out due to constant movement of foot.
Yeah you are right it is the 3rd pic
Old 5th August 2014, 13:01   #6312
Team-BHP Support

@imove - At a small place like mine, the dealer is promising a ~15 day delivery time frame for the AWD. They have no AWD cars in stock as of now. Had 3, one in white, purple & black. All are sold.

Speak with the sales manager & write to Mahindra's customer care as well (if the sales personnel is giving false information or trying to mislead) Sales guys will be on their toes and it will help you to sync & coordinate better.
Old 5th August 2014, 17:32   #6313
Senior - BHPian

New Prices are out for the month of August 2014:

Model Old Price New Price
  1. W8 AWD 1479292 1482824
  2. W8 FWD 1369086 1372617
  3. W6 FWD 1208794 1212325
  4. W4 FWD 1092942 1096473
  5. W8 Sportz 1394558 1394847

The above prices are in Bangalore. So Mahindra has marginally increased the prices

Source: Anant Cars Website & Mahindra Website
Old 5th August 2014, 17:59   #6314
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...The above prices are in Bangalore. So Mahindra has marginally increased the prices

Source: Anant Cars Website & Mahindra Website
They are selling well. Already around 3500 per month. If you ask me, right time to increase the prices. When was the last price-hike? May be 2 years back?
Old 5th August 2014, 18:12   #6315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
They are selling well. Already around 3500 per month. If you ask me, right time to increase the prices. When was the last price-hike? May be 2 years back?
Those are some amazing consistent sales. Last time the price was increased was in April 2014. Approximately there was a 1% hike.

(ex-showroom Hyderabad) W8 AWD:
March 2014: 14,57,246
Hike of 16,897 rupees (~ 1.09% price hike)

August 2014: 14,77,674
Hike of 3,531 rupees (~ .24% price hike since April 2014)
This hike seems pretty minor for a hike after 4 months.

I attached the price chart for XUV500 for March 2014. Don't have one from April 2014 for comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-car-price-list-tbhp.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks