Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2014, 12:03   #6376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
I have gone upto 74-76 litres few times when dte showed 0km. 80 litres could be the extreme situation.

FundaG
I doubt that the dispenser has been tempered with, at the outlet

Wanted to know what others have managed to fill (max)

Am planning to take up the issue with the dealer

If something comes up, will update
Old 17th August 2014, 15:39   #6377
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
I doubt that the dispenser has been tempered with, at the outlet

Wanted to know what others have managed to fill (max)

Am planning to take up the issue with the dealer

If something comes up, will update
Mine has been a max of 70 Ltrs but then I have never dared to be anywhere near to DTE 0. During 70 Ltrs fill up time the DTE was approximately 120 Kms. That would mean somwhere near 8-10 Ltrs minimum. So its a fair assumption to have a tank capacity of 80 Ltrs with DTE 0.
Old 18th August 2014, 10:50   #6378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Mine has been a max of 70 Ltrs but then I have never dared to be anywhere near to DTE 0. During 70 Ltrs fill up time the DTE was approximately 120 Kms. That would mean somwhere near 8-10 Ltrs minimum. So its a fair assumption to have a tank capacity of 80 Ltrs with DTE 0.
-- Ditto --

I have the same figures. The closest to 0 DTE I have been has been 90 kms, but that was not the time I filled it up.

"Saar, shall I top up?" After that standard question, if I say yes, I find that it easily holds another couple of litres at least. So going by that, the max could be somewhere around 75 litres, give or take a litre.

Off Topic: What is with the vehicle shake these pump attendants perform when they want to top up the tank? It is not like the liquid will settle down, so I am always perplexed by this. Asking them will get you blank stares or the "It will settle properly" answer.
Old 18th August 2014, 12:42   #6379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Off Topic: What is with the vehicle shake these pump attendants perform when they want to top up the tank? It is not like the liquid will settle down, so I am always perplexed by this. Asking them will get you blank stares or the "It will settle properly" answer.
Air pockets/locks are formed sometimes, shaking the car, eradicates this.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th August 2014 at 12:45.
Old 18th August 2014, 13:30   #6380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Air pockets/locks are formed sometimes, shaking the car, eradicates this.
Hmmm, while that technically answers the question, I must say that I haven't experienced this myself in over 25 years of driving or even heard of someone else having this problem. Have any of you come across this issue? What could be the cause of this, if it has occurred to someone?
Old 18th August 2014, 13:51   #6381
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm, while that technically answers the question, I must say that I haven't experienced this myself in over 25 years of driving or even heard of someone else having this problem. Have any of you come across this issue? What could be the cause of this, if it has occurred to someone?
My 2 cents. I experienced this with my old zen. While I always go for auto stop at the filling stations, sometimes even when the fuel tank is full empty, the auto stop used to come on after filling just 10 litres..This number used to vary and I am very sure that there is lot more in the tank to be filled. The attendant just shakes the car and bang..I get my share of full tank after that. Air locks is the only reason I am aware of and I don't know any other technical details behind this.
Old 18th August 2014, 16:07   #6382
BHPian

I have filled my XUV with almost 77 ltrs. This was after driving the car for almost 10 KMs after DTE showed 0. But again when I say 77 ltrs, it was pushing in fuel after the auto cut off. XUV doesn't take more than 2 lts after the auto cut off whereas in my octy earlier, it would consume another 7 ltrs after cut off before the fuel reaches the brim. Ocatavia was also equipped with a small push button at the fuel tank entry nozzle which when pressed would completely release the air pressure getting built in the tank while refueling. So you wudn't need to shake the car for pushing in more fuel. I am sure many other cars would be having this as well. Not in XUV though!
Old 18th August 2014, 16:56   #6383
BHPian

Just faced an issue where my clutch suddenly got weak and gears wouldnt change in the middle of a drive from Mumbai to Pune

Gave it to Sahyadri motors in Wakad-Pune for fixing, seems its an issue with the hose that supplies the fluid for the clutch pedal (not an issue with the Slave cylinder as others have faced).

Got some additional info on the extended RSA, so thought of posting it here:

reevester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 22:18   #6384
BHPian

Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I am planning to upgrade my 7 year old ford fiesta to mahindra xuv500. Took a test drive of the car from TVS Kochi and absolutely loved it. TVS Kochi offered my 60K discount (35K Insurance, 10K Corporate discount and 15K exchange bonus). Tomorrow I am taking another test drive with KTC Mahindra Kochi. Does anyone have experience with both these dealers @ Kochi. Whom would you suggest in terms of after sales service.

Also can someone please share the maintenance schedule of XUV. I saw multiple documents in the net where some showing it as every 3 months and some showing it as every 6 months

Thanks in advance..
Old 19th August 2014, 08:07   #6385
BHPian

I first drove the Xuv 500 when it was recently launched and then yesterday.

Wow. That is all I can say.

M&M has improved the car in leaps and bound.

The gears shift felt more slick and the braking has definitely improved.

The ride quality also is now much better.

I saw a w4 variant, and its on road price in Bangalore is 13.55.

I was initially waiting for Polo GT, but now I feel more inclined towards the Xuv 500 W4.

I even drove the Storme, but Xuv W4 comes with 2 airbags against none in LX variant of storme, which I feel are priceless.
Old 19th August 2014, 08:34   #6386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Let me take a guess. This should happen when the state of liquid fuel changes from liquid to gas. You will also notice that there is a small hole somewhere near the filler for air to release.

On record, it hasn't happened to me, but I do shake the vehicle sometimes and few times (I have seen this, but not in my car) the filled tank (after shaking the car) will settle down and you can fill another liter or two.

You will notice this when someone is filling his/her tank to the brim, attendant/driver keeps on shaking the vehicle. This is to release airlock & fill more.
Old 19th August 2014, 10:00   #6387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You will notice this when someone is filling his/her tank to the brim, attendant/driver keeps on shaking the vehicle. This is to release airlock & fill more.
OK, next time I fill the tank, I will watch carefully to see where the auto cut off happens and then top it up. After this, anyway the attendant will ask the question and shake the vehicle. Let's see if the fuel level goes down after this and some more can be put it.

As I said earlier, I haven't noticed it happening over the years, but then if the amount being filled after the shake is a few tenths of litres, then maybe it has slipped my notice.
Old 19th August 2014, 10:36   #6388
BHPian

Hi All. My Lock / Unlock buttons on Remote Key are not working after it fell from quite a good height ( 15 - 18 feet ). When I try to Unlock car by inserting key, the car activates immobilizer and starts the alarm. The again I have to keep pressing buttons to deactivate it which takes time and is embarrassing.

Does anyone know what needs to be done? I mean can a get a replacement under warranty or entire locking system needs to be changed with new pair of keys.

I am using the spare key right now. However, I would want to get it rectified.

Thanks,

Last edited by sbr_yash : 19th August 2014 at 10:45.
Old 19th August 2014, 13:02   #6389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
Hi All. My Lock / Unlock buttons on Remote Key are not working after it fell from quite a good height ( 15 - 18 feet ). When I try to Unlock car by inserting key, the car activates immobilizer and starts the alarm. The again I have to keep pressing buttons to deactivate it which takes time and is embarrassing.

Does anyone know what needs to be done? I mean can a get a replacement under warranty or entire locking system needs to be changed with new pair of keys.

I am using the spare key right now. However, I would want to get it rectified.

Thanks,
Hi, you can contact your authorized service centre and you will be provided with a new remote with key in few days. If your remote has no physical damage signs you can ask for replacement under warranty. Don't mention about it falling.
Old 19th August 2014, 22:48   #6390
BHPian

Quote:
OK, next time I fill the tank, I will watch carefully to see where the auto cut off happens and then top it up. After this, anyway the attendant will ask the question and shake the vehicle. Let's see if the fuel level goes down after this and some more can be put it.

As I said earlier, I haven't noticed it happening over the years, but then if the amount being filled after the shake is a few tenths of litres, then maybe it has slipped my notice.
There is a good possibility that the battery (button cell) has come lose from its position. You can open the battery cover (the part below the logo) and check this.
Since due to no power, the key is not generating the random code and hence the vehicle thinks of it as an unauthorized attempt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks