Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 14:56   #7876
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
I have booked a W7 yesterday. Got a good discount and front fog lamps will be provided FOC.

The only other things I need are Alloys and Sidesteps. Should I go for Mahindra OEM ones or get it done outside. The dealer is quoting a bigger price than whats mentioned in m2all website. And would the steel wheels get a refund when switching?
Alloy wheels from outside. You would have multiple choice and in different range. Pick what suits your pocket. Price for set of 4 alloys start from around 26/27K and goes up to lakhs.
Old 8th October 2019, 13:25   #7877
BHPian

Which all insurance companies provide cashless claims for XUV500?
Old 8th October 2019, 13:31   #7878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
A friend is also considering the W7. What was the final discount that you could manage to get? We could negotiate a discount of 70k but felt it ought to be more given the dismal sales and upcoming transition to BS6.

I picked my W7 in June at a cash discount of 94 k, this was inclusive of exchange bonus. Apart from this I got Fog lamps and reverse camera FOC.
BANDHAV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 12:52   #7879
Senior - BHPian

FOlks, whats the typical service cost at 40K kms? I gave my car for the same today and service advisor gave a ballpark of Rs 20K for a regular service schedule with replacement of oil, oil filter, fuel filter, ac filter, brake servicing, balancing/alignment. It seemed high since this was with no addl replacements or junk additions like engine cleaning etc.

Advisor just called and recommended front disc replacement which I have agreed since XUVs are known to wear out front discs faster. This will make service cost in range of 25K.
Old 9th October 2019, 15:17   #7880
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
FOlks, whats the typical service cost at 40K kms?
This will make service cost in range of 25K.
40 k service is normally on higher side as there are quite a few replacements. But basic service with all mandatory changes will not exceed 7-8k. I have changed my brake pads at 70k, so take your call based on the need and actual state of worn out parts.
PGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 16:52   #7881
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Advisor just called and recommended front disc replacement which I have agreed since XUVs are known to wear out front discs faster. This will make service cost in range of 25K.
The "With you hamesha" app gives costs one can expect for each service.

Replacing front discs at 40k seems a bit too early. Always ask the question whether they have measured the thickness and what's the threshold for replacing brake discs.

My XUV, almost 85k kms in 7+ years and I am on stock discs. They did "recommend" replacement when the car went for 70k service. I opted out and chose to get the discs skimmed instead from outside. Then at 80k service, just to be on the safer side I asked for front brake discs to be replaced. The SA who knows me well inspected the discs and told me there is no need for replacement and the discs have enough thickness to go on till 90k kms. Just imagine a honest SA giving that input to a customer who has "asked" for that part replacement. I was amazed.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 18:14   #7882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
40 k service is normally on higher side as there are quite a few replacements. But basic service with all mandatory changes will not exceed 7-8k. I have changed my brake pads at 70k, so take your call based on the need and actual state of worn out parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The "With you hamesha" app gives costs one can expect for each service.

Replacing front discs at 40k seems a bit too early. Always ask the question whether they have measured the thickness and what's the threshold for replacing brake discs.

My XUV, almost 85k kms in 7+ years and I am on stock discs. They did "recommend" replacement when the car went for 70k service. I opted out and chose to get the discs skimmed instead from outside. Then at 80k service, just to be on the safer side I asked for front brake discs to be replaced. The SA who knows me well inspected the discs and told me there is no need for replacement and the discs have enough thickness to go on till 90k kms. Just imagine a honest SA giving that input to a customer who has "asked" for that part replacement. I was amazed.
During the 30K service also they told me that brake disc may need replacement after 10K. The service advisor told me that about 2mm thickness was left. Not sure how truthful that info is but since I also had a complaint about low speed brake screeching sound, I have let him change the brake pads. Overall looks like the total bill is 20K including brake pads change (4K + taxes). Since I did ask them lot of questions about the breakup cost, seems like all the unwanted things like engine cleaning etc was dropped which helped reduce the earlier estimate.
Old 10th October 2019, 09:43   #7883
BHPian

Apparantely Apple CarPlay is being provided in W11 from July 2019 onwards. W11 owners can get the upgrade for free. Any idea when it'll start coming in to the lower variants?
Old 18th October 2019, 12:32   #7884
Distinguished - BHPian

The XUV500 spied here was the existing model with a BS6 sticker on its fuel lid.
Quote:
•It could be running on Mahindra’s BS6-compliant 2.0-litre diesel engine that will come in its future models.
•Mahindra is also working on a BS6-compliant 2.0-litre petrol engine.
•The manufacturer has started road testing the next-gen XUV500 that’s expected to debut at Auto Expo 2020
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-zwxuv500bs61_720x540.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 20:14   #7885

Mahindra XUV500

This is my first post after getting membership in this family, so please forgive me if there is any mistake in the way I choose to ask advise.
In January first week, I booked Mahindra XUV500 W11 AWD (BS4) and it was expected to be delivered in 3-4 weeks. But recently my dealer told me that the version (BS4-AWD) will not be available,because the the company switched their production to BS6 models. And he is not sure when he can deliver the BS6 model, how much will be the price change and even he doesn't know about is there any changes in appearance and specifications of the vehicle. I am totally confused whether I should wait or go for any other vehicles? Please help me and give advise to get out this confusion.
Thank You
vijayan.mahesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 11:48   #7886
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Apparantely Apple CarPlay is being provided in W11 from July 2019 onwards. W11 owners can get the upgrade for free. Any idea when it'll start coming in to the lower variants?
It will not come to any other variants for sure. Only W11 will have for now. In the new BS6 variant or the next generation XUV, you can expect this to be present though.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 12:03   #7887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
It will not come to any other variants for sure. Only W11 will have for now. In the new BS6 variant or the next generation XUV, you can expect this to be present though.
Is there a way to add mirrorlink to the interface? And does mirrorlink work with iphones? If so, that could be enough for lower variants.

I have an android now, but its always good to have options.
Old 29th January 2020, 12:14   #7888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to add mirrorlink to the interface?
Yes, and No. Yes because technically you can have a second screen fitted somewhere on the dash and feed its Aux IN into the main unit. Folks have done some good job of fitting the second screen in the place of dash-top storage place too. There is a vendor advertisement IIRC for a Tesla like full size vertical flowing screen that replaces the original system - you loose the physical buttons and everything is touch screen there.

No - because this isn't really getting you iPhone in a cleanest way on the ICE yet. I use iPhone as my primary phone but have been using a Pixel for all these years if I needed unobtrusive maps. The ideal scenario would be to use one such mount - https://www.scosche.com/magicmount-charge-3
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 11:13   #7889
Senior - BHPian

You made a good choice

Some of the electrics issues and clock issue as well makes me feel there’s something that is draining the battery when you are parked longer term. Steering alignment should ideally be fixed with alignment and balancing - and/or ask for all your underbody nuts and bolts to be properly torqued.

But the Fords using this platform will have their own engine, gearbox, electrics, suspension and anti roll design / dynamics, interiors etc so I doubt any of these need to worry you.

By the way if you think the xuv clutch is hard please try the typical Ford manual’s clutches . Always an interesting experience when i would drive my old Fiesta for a while and then take out my Amaze with its feather light pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
Hi all,

I have been driving a XUV 500 W11(O) 4x2 MT for the past 1+ year and have completed nearly 12000 Kms. I have done some pretty rough road driving over completely broken & damaged roads in the hills of Sikkim and North Bengal as well as long distance highway cruising. My summary for the W11 model would be as below
Old 14th April 2020, 12:11   #7890
BHPian

My XUV 500 W11 (O) has gone completely dead in this lockdown period.

In the first week there was no problem. I used to start the XUV every 3 days and drove it for approx. 500 mtrs within my campus.

In the 2nd week i forgot the 3rd day timeline (probably due to multiple online training schedules and reviews) and remembered to start it on the 5th day. Initially the doors and windows and ORVM's opened with the remote key, but the engine didnt crank. After a few tries "ENGINE" warning symbol started displaying on the head unit and there was a lot of "click" "click" sound for nearly 15 mins after which the battery went dead completely.

Now, i am left with no choice but to wait till May 4th for fixing up an appointment with Exide (for Battery recharge) and Mahindra service for look up and resolution.

Any suggestions from experienced members would be welcome.

Most Viewed