Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2021, 13:43   #7921
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Guys, I have bought myself a 2012 pre-worshipped XUV500, W8 and wish to install reverse camera.

Will the aftermarket reverse camera works fine or I have to get it from m2all website only?

Any links would help me.

KK
What will be the best place to install dashcam on XUV500, as I will need to have the fastag also. I have a SJCAM 7 star and would want to use it for the time being, until I decide further.

Thanks in advance.
KK
Old 30th June 2021, 00:46   #7922
Senior - BHPian

I just clocked 22K kms on my XUV 5OO, have enjoyed my ownership since December 2020. The dealer in Bangalore, Anant Cars ensured that I faced all kinds of hurdles within a month of buying the car. I am getting my vehicle serviced from Honnasiri Motors, Tumkur for more than a year and happy with the service experience.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 11:16   #7923
BHPian

I am not really looking at the used car market for my next car purchase however I came across a XUV500 W8 AWD BS3 Model (Make year - 2011, Registration year- 2012) for sale. Odometer reading - 80k, Current owner is the second owner. Asking Price - 5.75L.

Is there any worth in checking out the car ? only interest for me is the AWD option otherwise not a big fan of XUV500.
Old 10th July 2021, 15:18   #7924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkLightning View Post
Is there any worth in checking out the car ? Only interest for me is the AWD option otherwise not a big fan of XUV500.
Second owner, 2011 vehicle, 80K already done. No interest in the XUV500 except for the AWD option, not worth checking out the car at all.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 21:24   #7925

Hello,

Looking for suggestions to rectify an AC compressor noise in a 2013 XUV5OO in Bangalore.

The Mahindra service guys are asking to get the entire compressor replaced for around 35K. Kindly suggest a reliable freelance mechanic who can help with this issue.

Thank you.
Old 15th July 2021, 16:43   #7926
Senior - BHPian

Review of XUV5OO by an Australian.

Quote:
An Australian owner of the Mahindra XUV500 shares her ownership review. Mahindra is quite a successful and increasingly popular brand in Australia as well. More customers are getting attracted to Mahindra products down under due to strong build quality and other features of the SUVs. While Mahindra is primarily known there as an industrial equipment manufacturer, they are slowly recognizing Mahindra also as a quality SUV maker. With the modern SUVs from the homegrown carmaker focussing more on features and better in-cabin experience, the inherent tough build and off-roading capabilities keep bringing in more customers. This particular owner name Kate lives on a farm that requires her to have an AWD SUV. Here is what she has to say about the Mahindra XUV500.

Source: https://www.carblogindia.com/mahindr...ew-australian/
Old 23rd August 2021, 20:30   #7927
Senior - BHPian

Folks, just curious. I have a first generation XUV500 which has been ageing very well and I have no need to change. Only thing that I probably miss vs newer generation of cars is mostly Android auto. Is it possible to swap the newer HU of 2nd gen XUV in the older one? I am assuming the entire center console unit would have to be changed. thoughts?
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 20:40   #7928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, just curious. I have a first generation XUV500 which has been ageing very well and I have no need to change. Only thing that I probably miss vs newer generation of cars is mostly Android auto. Is it possible to swap the newer HU of 2nd gen XUV in the older one? I am assuming the entire center console unit would have to be changed. thoughts?
Yes that's how it should work.

My cousin had installed the same on his 2014 W6 with a floating LED and all the associated gizmos. The whole unit including a bunch of buttons on the center console had to be replaced.

However, I haven't done anything on that front - given that the car is primarily driven by my dad.
Old 18th October 2021, 14:24   #7929
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I am getting a slight whine/drone kind of sound from the engine which is more audible at idling or lower RPM. Some kind of bearing sound maybe. Car has done about 42K km, any known issues that can pop up? Sound has been consistent for few months and not increasing in intensity either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Yes that's how it should work.

My cousin had installed the same on his 2014 W6 with a floating LED and all the associated gizmos. The whole unit including a bunch of buttons on the center console had to be replaced.

However, I haven't done anything on that front - given that the car is primarily driven by my dad.
DId your couz get the Mahindra OEM unit installed? any pics?
Old 18th October 2021, 16:42   #7930
BHPian

Quote:
I had the same question. Mine is a 2015 XUV 500 W8 (pre-facelift). I want to get the W11 HU fixed and I had asked the service center if this is possible. They flat out said "No".
Old 18th October 2021, 20:12   #7931
BHPian

Quote:
DId your couz get the Mahindra OEM unit installed? any pics?
That was aftermarket, and I know he got it done through some store in Bangalore. He sold his car, will check if he has some reference images handy.
Old 29th November 2021, 11:40   #7932
Senior - BHPian

Folks, recommendations on highway tires for XUV500? Michelins not being imported any more.
Old 1st January 2022, 12:12   #7933
BHPian

Hi Friends

Wishing everyone a happy 2022, loads of S(miles) along the way

I own a XUV 500 W6 Jan 2016 model,done 60K on odometer in Bengaluru. In my 60K service i was informed of my front shocks becoming weak and probably needs replacement in next service. This took me down the hunting expedition of shocks upgrade. every XUV owner has experienced body roll and bumpy feeling coming out of road humps, that needs no expansion

After lot of online research and reviews. i finalized on Arc suspension for my car. I got it installed yesterday and posting a few pictures here for enthusiasts who might be considering a suspension upgrade.

I ordered the suspension directly to the the person who fits it (apparently) ARC has a guy called Vinod PAtidar in Kasturinagar Bangalore who does the job for him and he claimed in the last 3 months he has upgraded ARC suspension for more than 12 XUVs in the city.

Cost of ARC Suspension (front and rear) without the spring coil - 48500
Labour charges to fit - 4500 (its 4K) if you go for the full spring model

(only if your suspension bush has become weak or broken)
Bush kit for front left and right side - 1400
Lathe work for front bush installation - 800
Wheel alignment - 500

Verdict: Its almost immediate, significant difference in bumpiness of the car after crossing a road hump (almost nil :-). Body roll also has significant improvement, need to test this out more. Thi was just the 20 Kms ride back home from the workshop.
That evening had gone for short drive with my family and my 7 year told the backside seat isn't "jumping up and down as much" his own words. will share detailed experience review after taking it out for a spin.

Anyone else have got a suspension upgrade?

Let the pics do the talking:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-1.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-2.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-3.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-4.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-5.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-6.jpeg  

arun.kulkarni is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 11:23   #7934

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.kulkarni View Post
Hi Friends

Wishing everyone a happy 2022, loads of S(miles) along the way

I own a XUV 500 W6 Jan 2016 model,done 60K on odometer in Bengaluru. In my 60K service i was informed of my front shocks becoming weak and probably needs replacement in next service. This took me down the hunting expedition of shocks upgrade. every XUV owner has experienced body roll and bumpy feeling coming out of road humps, that needs no expansion

After lot of online research and reviews. i finalized on Arc suspension for my car. I got it installed yesterday and posting a few pictures here for enthusiasts who might be considering a suspension upgrade.

I ordered the suspension directly to the the person who fits it (apparently) ARC has a guy called Vinod PAtidar in Kasturinagar Bangalore who does the job for him and he claimed in the last 3 months he has upgraded ARC suspension for more than 12 XUVs in the city.

Cost of ARC Suspension (front and rear) without the spring coil - 48500
Labour charges to fit - 4500 (its 4K) if you go for the full spring model

(only if your suspension bush has become weak or broken)
Bush kit for front left and right side - 1400
Lathe work for front bush installation - 800
Wheel alignment - 500

Verdict: Its almost immediate, significant difference in bumpiness of the car after crossing a road hump (almost nil :-). Body roll also has significant improvement, need to test this out more. Thi was just the 20 Kms ride back home from the workshop.
That evening had gone for short drive with my family and my 7 year told the backside seat isn't "jumping up and down as much" his own words. will share detailed experience review after taking it out for a spin.

Anyone else have got a suspension upgrade?

Let the pics do the talking:
I have seen some marketing videos of ARC suspension for XUV 500 in ARC's YouTube channel and they appear to be promising. I feel you made the right choice to replace your OG suspension with ARC's after the end of their life. I personally am not a fan of the original XUV500 suspension. They are good but not great, I recently drove a KIA seltos and I found it's suspension to be a lot better than the XUV500 one's. My suspension still has a lot of life left so i'm not going to jump the gun and switch the shocks immediately, But my replacement one's are definitely going to be ARC's. waiting for your detailed review.
Ceyen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 13:38   #7935
Senior - BHPian

My car clocked 33K yesterday, no niggles so far, car being serviced at Honnasiri Motors Tumkur. The service cost and quality has been impressive thanks to the staff at Honnasiri, Tumkur.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks