Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2023, 10:19   #7981
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Today I just confirmed the booking of our replacement XUV7OO MT Diesel and hope to have it delivered in a month's time
Congratulations on the booking ideal replacement for your 500.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 12:29   #7982
BHPian

Hi friends,

I am writing this post to share a horrible experience with one of the Mahindra authorised service centres in Bangalore - PPS Mahindra, Adugodi.

I own a XUV5OO W8 for 10 years now, with ODO clocking around 95k kms.

Over the last few months, I primarily visited the workshop twice - once for a belt noise issue, and then the other for suspension noise + front brake noise + servicing.

In the first instance, the workshop instead of changing just the belt (less than 1k) changed a number of related parts with final bill of 15k. I checked but relied on the judgement of the workshop guys, as this was my first experience in Bangalore. However, post this, I have been experiencing a significant drop in pick-up at every acceleration across all speeds levels. Asked the workshop, they point blank refused any such issue occurrence and any relevance to the work done. Still not sure what can be done.

In the second instance, I was sent an estimate of about 80k.. practically replacing anything around the front suspension, front brakes, vacuum modulators, and many more things. On questioning the service advisor, he quickly revised this to about 50k saying the other changes are not necessary apart from suspension and brake related parts. Got the work done. Since then,
- the noises continued from both the suspension and brakes
- the workshop guys on multiple occasions refused to acknowledge the issue
- in one of the visits, the workshop changed further parts which were billed to me
- had to escalate to Mahindra customer service, post which some seniors from workshop got involved
- had to send the vehicle to workshop for about 7-8 times overall
- now while the suspension noise is gone, the steering's alignment is a bit off and the there is still some brake noise at slower speeds
- the second last visit, the service head confirmed that the noise from suspension was primarily on account of some alignment issue

The above history spans over 4-5 months. It was a really painful and inconvenient ordeal for me, despite spending about 70k (potentially for parts that weren't even required in the first place). I have now refused to interact with the workshop / dealer completely despite their internal attempts to try and provide more support.

Hope Mahindra takes notice and does something about this. Wanted to bring this to everyone's notice for there awareness and action next time they need repairs / service.

In the meanwhile, do share any other suggestions for repairs wrt to XUV5OO in Bangalore
nik.agr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 08:44   #7983
BHPian

My Xuv is 9yrs old clocked 1.15L kms.
I haven’t serviced my vehicle with PPS.

I have serviced my vehicle with India garage, Anant cars and Sireesh auto.

India garage- Horrible experience just like yours. I bought my xuv from India garage hence I started servicing with them. My 5K service was a nightmare with vehicle being kept with them for 14 days for steering vibration at high speeds and vehicle pulling to left in spite of multiple wheel alignment and balancing. Finally complained to Mahindra regional office to get my car back with new suspension at no cost.

Anant cars - switched to Anant from India garage. Had no issues at all.

Sireesh Auto- Switched to Sireesh as my office moved to marathalli and Anant was too far for me. Sireesh again a badly managed workshop IMHO. I befriended service manager who is a great guy but most of the staff are not either trained properly or the place was not run in a professional manner. Horrible paint job, brake bleeding was not done properly after pad replacement and I had to drive to Chennai with under performing brakes.

Current state- switched back to Anant cars. Though 20kms away from home and office, peace of mind I get after leaving my car in safe hands worth the travel. They never over charged me and always transparent in their approach.
kiranvakati is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 07:52   #7984
BHPian

I feel the overall customer service at the dealership is a hit-or-miss thing. Initially my Ford and Honda dealership service was good. Then they dropped the ball. XUV has been below par from the start.

We have had our trusted garage since 1991. They take care of all our cars. I stuck to our garage. They take care of stuff quickly and ensure everything is done as per spec.
Old 5th October 2023, 15:22   #7985
BHPian

XUV 500 AT Diesel jerking and loss of power issue

I have a very peculiar problem with my XUV 500 Automatic 2016 model. My car jerks in first ride in morning. It jerks for first 7-10 kms. Initially it jerks and it almost seems it then it misses and then suddenly picks up.. it happens after deceleration and when you try to accelerate again.

It started after in Apr I went for 2 weeks leave and when i started my car it refused to move after moving to "D" , i had to accelerate hard before as if some lock got opened. After observing it for couple of weeks, i decided to give car to VVC for check up. First they thought it was air filter that need to be cleaned. They gave the car back but not much improvement seen next morning. I gave my car next day and then they thought monsoon has caused water in filter but refused to change as they thought its not needed. Even after giving car for second time , next morning car would jerk and lose power on acceleration.

I decided to give to a recommended local mechanic , he tried few things, changed Diesel filter, cleaned manifolds and shared picture of dirt. It did not still fix the issue . He again took the car next day and tried few other things. But next morning i see same issue with car.

I then gave car to third mechanic who does service for lot of luxury cars, he tested by plugging in and doing diagnostic test , he did not find any error again.

Really tired of this morning drives, sometimes happens end of the day as well on return to home but not as bad as morning.

Please suggest if anyone has a clue on what is going on.

Last edited by Rodeo : 5th October 2023 at 15:27. Reason: Spelling
Rodeo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 16:45   #7986
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 AT Diesel jerking and lose of power issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post

Was the car checked for clogged fuel injectors, choked fuel pump ? Also contamination of the fuel. This is what I would be initially interetsed to look into.

Since its working fine after sometime, I would rule out any issue with the MAF sensors or Air filters.
NomadSK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 16:52   #7987
BHPian

Second mechanic advised me to use injector cleaner which I did. I am assuming fuel contamination would have been removed as I have been driving from last 6 months with this issue.

If fuel pump was an issue then it would not get smoother after 10 kms ride, Issue would persist even after engine heating up.
Old 5th October 2023, 20:01   #7988
BHPian

Quote:
Second mechanic advised me to use injector cleaner which I did. I am assuming fuel contamination would have been removed as I have been driving from last 6 months with this issue.

If fuel pump was an issue then it would not get smoother after 10 kms ride, Issue would persist even after engine heating up.
It's wierd that Diagnostic didn't catch anything. With Mahindra service , ask them to attach a OBD device to the car and run the car with it attached during the timespan of the issue, stop and scan for any error codes logged immediately. This is a far simpler approach.

Keep a close attention on the exact feel you get when the jerk happens, is it kind of a choke that you feel, or is it a gear shift getting stuck, i ask the second question particularly that you said it didn't move in D mode and you had to hard accelerate it. That symptom seems more Torque convertor/Transmission related.

I believe a solid diagnostic is missing. If Mahindra service is unable to figure this solid recurring issue, they lack technicality. If its so escalate to regional Mahindra service managers and ask to engage factory technicians to help the service centre.
Old 6th October 2023, 09:32   #7989
BHPian

How long do the engine mounts on the XUV500 last? My car is about 8 years old, run 45000 km - would it be better for NVH if I got the engine mounts changed?

I don't have any issues though.
Old 11th October 2023, 11:23   #7990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
How long do the engine mounts on the XUV500 last? My car is about 8 years old, run 45000 km - would it be better for NVH if I got the engine mounts changed?

I don't have any issues though.
I recently changed the right hand engine mount. 5 years 45k KMS. It was found to be at the beginning stage of damage which was causing increased engine vibration. After the change the engine vibrations have reduced by a great extent.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 12:20   #7991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
I recently changed the right hand engine mount. 5 years 45k KMS. It was found to be at the beginning stage of damage which was causing increased engine vibration. After the change the engine vibrations have reduced by a great extent.
Thanks! How much did the workshop charge you for the engine mount replacement?
Old 11th October 2023, 12:58   #7992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Thanks! How much did the workshop charge you for the engine mount replacement?
It was done along with the regular service. I was charged Rs.4720 for this along with labour for this particular item. It was not done in Mahindra authorised service centre.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 12:01   #7993
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 AT Diesel jerking and loss of power issue

Quote:
I have a very peculiar problem with my XUV 500 Automatic 2016 model. My car jerks in first ride in morning. It jerks for first 7-10 kms. Initially it jerks and it almost seems it then it misses and then suddenly picks up.. it happens after deceleration and when you try to accelerate again.

It started after in Apr I went for 2 weeks leave and when i started my car it refused to move after moving to "D" , i had to accelerate hard before as if some lock got opened. After observing it for couple of weeks, i decided to give car to VVC for check up. First they thought it was air filter that need to be cleaned. They gave the car back but not much improvement seen next morning. I gave my car next day and then they thought monsoon has caused water in filter but refused to change as they thought its not needed. Even after giving car for second time , next morning car would jerk and lose power on acceleration.

I decided to give to a recommended local mechanic , he tried few things, changed Diesel filter, cleaned manifolds and shared picture of dirt. It did not still fix the issue . He again took the car next day and tried few other things. But next morning i see same issue with car.

I then gave car to third mechanic who does service for lot of luxury cars, he tested by plugging in and doing diagnostic test , he did not find any error again.

Really tired of this morning drives, sometimes happens end of the day as well on return to home but not as bad as morning.

I also had the same problem with my 2016 W8 Automatic for nearly 4 months, and changing the vacuum modulators solved the issue and now the car drives as if it was new.

The service personnel at VVC has no clue, on what the actual problem is, but one of the earlier threads on team-bhp had led me to change the vacuum modulators.

There are 2 modulators to be replaced, and make sure they are replacing with the brand new one's (Ask them to open and show both the new modulators before replacing). I had accidentally noticed that one of the modulators from the spares department was used one, inside new packaging without a seal

Last edited by rishie : 16th October 2023 at 12:02. Reason: punctuation missed
rishie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 14:39   #7994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
I also had the same problem with my 2016 W8 Automatic for nearly 4 months, and changing the vacuum modulators solved the issue and now the car drives as if it was new.

The service personnel at VVC has no clue, on what the actual problem is, but one of the earlier threads on team-bhp had led me to change the vacuum modulators.

There are 2 modulators to be replaced, and make sure they are replacing with the brand new one's (Ask them to open and show both the new modulators before replacing). I had accidentally noticed that one of the modulators from the spares department was used one, inside new packaging without a seal
This is super helpful. How did you find its an issue with vacuum modulator only from what you read earlier?
Just before i go again and ask them to replace it, i want to be sure. You had same issue where your car would either jerk or there would be loss of power.

How much did it cost you?
Old 17th October 2023, 14:53   #7995
BHPian

Quote:
This is super helpful. How did you find its an issue with vacuum modulator only from what you read earlier?
Just before i go again and ask them to replace it, i want to be sure. You had same issue where your car would either jerk or there would be loss of power.

How much did it cost you?
Yes, I had the same problem, during morning run's it used to jerk atleast for 2-5kms until engine bay heats up (couple of times on ORR, seen jerking for longer during early morning rides, where it was cold outside), and by the time I get to the service station, the jerks would have disappeared, and the service person used to say, there is nothing wrong at all.

Few of the earlier posts on team-bhp from the XUV500 ownership thread, which I don't remember right now, led me to try replacing the vacuum modulator and see (I remember couple of posts confirming that vacuum modulator replacement solving the issue). Ever since I changed the modulators, never seen the morning jerks and also acceleration had been smooth all through, till date.

I did it as a part of paid service, so I don't remember the cost part, but its around 5K INR for both the modulators. Again, do check with the senior service person who has experience on XUV500 AT, before going ahead with the replacement. As of now, in my opinion, none of the service center's have enough competent staff to look into XUV500 issues in details, and we have to take the risk by ourselves. XUV500 Service is no more pleasant it used to, until 2-3 years earlier.

Last edited by rishie : 17th October 2023 at 14:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks