Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 31st July 2019, 13:58   #7861
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
IIRC follow-me-home works only in "Automatic Headlights" mode. Switch to OFF on the headlights stalk and that should do the trick.
SDP, I don think Follow-me-home has anything to do with automatic. Cos there are times I turn lights to OFF and yet it works perfectly. And times in auto mode it works.
Unless I understood your statement wrongly.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 14:24   #7862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
SDP, I don think Follow-me-home has anything to do with automatic. Cos there are times I turn lights to OFF and yet it works perfectly. And times in auto mode it works.
Unless I understood your statement wrongly.

FundaG
Exactly. Mines are always on OFF cause i never use Auto headlights, and follow me home works. It has nothing to do with Auto mode.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 00:07   #7863
BHPian

XUV threads have gone fairly quiet on TBHP . Seems like no new addition to the community.

One update on my 1st generation 2015 car is that the battery finally gave away and that too with perfect timing and no warning . Right when in the mall security queue I turned it off to get checked, it refused to turn on and all the electronics started to trip. I figured its either lose contact or bad battery. Finally got help from mall security to push and park and eventually started with pushing. Ordered a new battery from batterywale next day. Pretty good deal, chose the Amaron 90AH in place of 80AH OEM model and costed around 5.5K with exchange of old battery. Car is back to normal.

Based on my experience I have never seen car battery give way with no signs at all. Normally the starting will show some signs of strain etc but not in this case.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 01:08   #7864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Based on my experience I have never seen car battery give way with no signs at all. Normally the starting will show some signs of strain etc but not in this case.

I remember when the new Amaron Battery on our old Indica DLS failing to respond right in the middle of traffic near cochin. Couple of guys from the nearby battery store - just around 20 meters or less came down and got the battery replaced then and there.
peterjim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 11:51   #7865
BHPian

Is there any way to check life left in battery. My xuv 2012/75k has not shown any sign for weak battery so far but i am not sure about it.
avimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2019, 09:33   #7866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Is there any way to check life left in battery. My xuv 2012/75k has not shown any sign for weak battery so far but i am not sure about it.
Wow, 7yrs with OEM batt. That is amazing since I have never seen a car batt last beyond 5 years. Did they put Li batt by any chance

On a more serious note you can check the voltage that batt give out during cranking the car. You can use a normal digital multimeter. If you notice the voltage falling to below 10V then its probably good time to replace since its not able to given the amount of current needed. GIven the age of batt i would suggest just change it without much thought.
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2019, 00:39   #7867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Measuring using volt meter is one way, another is using an OBDII interface, if you have the device, you can use some free app to check the battery output when engine is running and when its switched off.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post3507552 (Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions)
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote