Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2016, 09:18   #7726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiyer20 View Post
Hello all. Need your advice. Gave my XUV for 3rd servicing for 20k kms. I was told be the SA that front brake pads have completely worn out and they're quoting 5k for the same. Do brake pads wear off at the 20k stage? And is the cost reasonable?

PS: Concerned dealer is Infinity Autolinks, Mumbai. My trust levels are low with them but no other practical option.
To add to it, even the price quoted for replacement is very high. I got my xuv breaks changed for 1700 only.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 09:55   #7727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
My XUV is gone for 3rd (20K ODO) service today and even I am told I should get my front brake-pad replaced. No warnings whatsoever till now and I haven't faced any change in performance. Mine is Dec 2014 model, though; Luckily I read this thread today morning and told him I will wait for the warning but I am driving to Cochin tomorrow and confused.

When asked about the width remaining, he initially said 2 mm but I didn't believe that. Then he said he will go near the vehicle, will check and will call back.

This is Sireesh Bangalore.
Sireesh Bangalore is my last choice and I found them really bad. I found Anant cars better relatively.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 09:00   #7728
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

There been few queries about Rouf rails for XUV earlier, hence posting this.

Saw this vehicle last week at Chrome motors Bangalore.
Felt it looked better than Mahindra provided roof carrier, but still made XUV look more van like.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20161231_095438.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20161231_095423.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 12:08   #7729
BHPian

Why is one always expected to give 9 or 10 points during XUV service feedback?

As all XUV owners know, soon after any service (routine or unscheduled) or repair one receives a phone call from a M&M call center to obtain feedback on the quality of service. The call center executive, before asking a few questions (always in a parrot-like manner!), informs you that 10 points means excellent, 9 means good and 8 means unsatisfactory. If one gives 8 points for any service attribute, one needs to justify why one is 'unsatisfied'!

Theoretically, the points system is on a 1 to 10 scale. So anything above 6 should be 'good'. The insistence on getting only 9 or 10 for all attributes of service defeats the very purpose of a feedback system.

I have also experienced that the concerned M&M Service Center also starts ringing up the customer soon after the service / repair with requests to give 10 or 9 points whenever the call center phonecall is received.

I wonder whether the honchos of M&M Service are aware of this farcical feedback exercise.
debuda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 12:29   #7730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My XUV is gone for 3rd (20K ODO) service today and even I am told I should get my front brake-pad replaced. No warnings whatsoever till now and I haven't faced any change in performance. Mine is Dec 2014 model, though; Luckily I read this thread today morning and told him I will wait for the warning but I am driving to Cochin tomorrow and confused.

When asked about the width remaining, he initially said 2 mm but I didn't believe that. Then he said he will go near the vehicle, will check and will call back.

Sorry for the late response. What was the basis for him to say that the brake pad needs replacement when he had not measured? If he had measured earlier before calling you asking for replacement, then, why did he say he will go back near the car, check and call again back?

I honestly think, this was a dealer attempt to make easy money from the owner. People just try to exploit the ignorance of the owners. Please be aware and careful
Old 12th January 2017, 12:52   #7731
BHPian

This is indeed farcical. The rating scale is often displayed at the service centre too. Probably M&M can then claim that the average rating of their service centres is 9+

In one instance I told the SA that I was unhappy with the service, citing specific reasons. And guess what - for that service I never received any call from the service centre, nor from M&M. It was as if the service never happened, and I also kept on getting messages that my vehicle is due for the regular service.

So obviously, there are ways of cheating the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post

As all XUV owners know, soon after any service (routine or unscheduled) or repair one receives a phone call from a M&M call center to obtain feedback on the quality of service. The call center executive, before asking a few questions (always in a parrot-like manner!), informs you that 10 points means excellent, 9 means good and 8 means unsatisfactory. If one gives 8 points for any service attribute, one needs to justify why one is 'unsatisfied'!

Theoretically, the points system is on a 1 to 10 scale. So anything above 6 should be 'good'. The insistence on getting only 9 or 10 for all attributes of service defeats the very purpose of a feedback system.

I have also experienced that the concerned M&M Service Center also starts ringing up the customer soon after the service / repair with requests to give 10 or 9 points whenever the call center phonecall is received.

I wonder whether the honchos of M&M Service are aware of this farcical feedback exercise.
My XUV is of the same vintage with 30K on the ODO. The feedback from Sireesh was that the front brake pad was good for another 3000km. When I told the person that I have a drive coming up to Cherai Beach, he said it will be perfectly fine as the drive is mostly on highways.

I have had good experiences with Sireesh at Marthahalli (Ms Lakshmi) and JP Nagar (Mr. Sudhakar).

BTW, what version of maps do you have, I haven't had an upgrade of the ICE and maps in a long time.

Best regards

Quote:

Any particular SA from Anant Cars that you would recommend?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Sireesh Bangalore is my last choice and I found them really bad. I found Anant cars better relatively.
Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 12th January 2017 at 13:28. Reason: merging back to back posts
Old 12th January 2017, 16:25   #7732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
This is not just with M&M, but Maruti also follows exactly the same model and it is even documented and put up on a board in the customer lounges in their ASCs. Probably other OEMs too.

But the way these people explain on the phone when asking for a rating is incorrect. Anything less then 9 or 10 is 'unacceptable' is what the model really means and expects the ASC staff to strive for those ratings. The ASC staff explains it as anything less than 9 or 10 means 'bad', probably intentionally, since people hesitate to rate something as 'bad' unless they had a very poor experience. By explaining the model this way, they are more likely to get a 9 or 10.
THE OEM wants customer delight by achieving 9 and 10 ratings, the ASC staff wants to avoid escalations if ratings are below that.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 08:56   #7733

Friends, I saw a news item today that XUV is launching a new version to coincide with the launch of Hexa on Jan 18th, which will include features like android auto, etc. I really hope they extend the android auto feature to existing cars too. Hate to miss out on android auto just because we bought the car a few months early! Anyone has any updates on this? Thanks in advance!
Old 22nd January 2017, 11:39   #7734
BHPian

I have a query, gave my xuv for 40k servicing today. The service advisor says its a major servicing (I understand every 20k oil is changed) and so the total estimate is 17k including 2k for wheel alignment rotation and balancing. Labour charges are around 3k

Just wanted to ask you all, if charges are similar as encountered by all if you?

Am trying to upload the invoice but guess I don't have permission to do so. Will share break-up shortly. What should be average cost for this servicing anyhow?

Last edited by SDP : 23rd January 2017 at 08:31. Reason: Merging.
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:30   #7735
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Felt it looked better than Mahindra provided roof carrier, but still made XUV look more van like.
Frankly, I think on the XUV it looks sleek and probably will cause less wind resistance. This is made by a company in Coimbatore, TN. Their contact details are on their webisite (http://www.roufrails.com).
Old 22nd January 2017, 15:46   #7736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-riedAway View Post
I have a query, gave my xuv for 40k servicing today. The service advisor says its a major servicing (I understand every 20k oil is changed) and so the total estimate is 17k including 2k for wheel alignment rotation and balancing. Labour charges are around 3k
17K for a 40,000 km service ? He is definitely taking you for a ride. What are the items to replace? You should have got your alignment done outside too.
Old 22nd January 2017, 19:25   #7737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Am trying to upload the invoice but guess I don't have permission to do so. Will share break-up shortly. What should be average cost for this servicing anyhow?
You don't need any special permissions to post the image of the invoice. Otherwise, you could just write it down, item by item.

Going by the reports I read, I doubt it should be more than 7-8K at the max.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 19:27   #7738
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Take a pic, and follow the steps mentioned here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html
Old 22nd January 2017, 19:54   #7739
BHPian

Invoices are attached

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-invoice.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-invoice2.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 27th January 2017 at 11:53. Reason: Blanking out address and phone number
Old 23rd January 2017, 00:05   #7740
Distinguished - BHPian

1. Why have they changed the head lamps & indicator bulbs?
2. What is disposable protective cover kit?
3. What is PCLC?
4. What are Maximile FEO 1L entries? Total of 6L
5. What is GL protection?
6. I see a EGRC - anything related to EGR cleaning?
7. I have no idea what's item 20-26!

Labour:

1. Charge for brake bleeding
2. Charge for battery electrolyte checking
3. Washing charges above the periodic service charges
4. What's tyre R & R inside out? This is charged on & above balancing & alignment charges

My take is, it's a royal loot! Please helps us by answering below questions

1. Did you report any problems during service?
2. Did you ask for any additional changes in the car?
3. Did you get the car back and have made payment?
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks