Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2015, 18:59   #7606

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hi Friends, can you please let know how much does it cost for an extended Warranty (3rd and 4th year) for XUV W6. Mine is getting expired by Nov end. Does it really makes sense to go for it? I have not read about any major problems wth XUV 500 so far. Sorry if i am being wrong here.
Old 27th October 2015, 19:43   #7607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nischal D View Post
Hi Friends, can you please let know how much does it cost for an extended Warranty (3rd and 4th year) for XUV W6. Mine is getting expired by Nov end. Does it really makes sense to go for it? I have not read about any major problems wth XUV 500 so far. Sorry if i am being wrong here.
You should, its worth it.

Costed me about 25K approx in june this year - bought on day one.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 20:11   #7608
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
You should, its worth it.

Costed me about 25K approx in june this year - bought on day one.
I believe the current quote for the extended warranty is 21,600/- at India Garage. I would go for it. Extended warranty is always recommended no matter what the car.

Cheers

Last edited by achyu : 27th October 2015 at 20:19. Reason: quoted the original question
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 17:04   #7609
BHPian

I just checked with my Dad back home on the mileage on the XUV and this it what he sent back, after near 3 years of ownership

I also posting the factory service manual once again which should stay hopefully: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...70883747171943
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img20151019wa0003.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th November 2015 at 11:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
shibu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 14:23   #7610
BHPian

Quote:
First of all, I must point out that XUV basic warranty is for 3 years and you need to buy extended warranty for 4th and 5th years.

I have a 3-year old XUV W6 and I recently purchased extended warranty (4th and 5th year) for Rs 22,800 (Rs 20,000 + Rs 2,800 service tax). I bought it online from the MahindraWithYouHamesha website.

Before buying the extended warranty, I too was in two minds about shelling out 23K for two years, especially because my W6 has been giving me more or less trouble-free service and I drive it myself taking good care of it. Finally, I decided to go for extended warranty because incidents (though rare) of XUV engine failure have been reported (TBHPian me_sid had his entire engine assembly replaced under warranty). Furthermore, turbochargers, injectors, fuel pumps and electronic components (including on-board computers) have been known to fail even in high end German cars. These parts are costly. If the engine itself fails (due to lubrication failure), it may cost a huge amount to repair it.

So it makes sense to buy peace of mind for 2 additional years for Rs 22,800.

Last edited by debuda : 1st November 2015 at 14:28. Reason: Reformatted text
debuda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 01:04   #7611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
First of all, I must point out that XUV basic warranty is for 3 years and you need to buy extended warranty for 4th and 5th years.

I have a 3-year old XUV W6 and I recently purchased extended warranty (4th and 5th year) for Rs 22,800 (Rs 20,000 + Rs 2,800 service tax). I bought it online from the MahindraWithYouHamesha website.
So it makes sense to buy peace of mind for 2 additional years for Rs 22,800.
Nischal, please take this coming from a guy who always thought extended warranties and insurances from car rental companies are just to make money. Go ahead and buy it. They do come in handy.

What i figured is that cost of repair of a diesel car is significantly higher than petrol. Even though modern engines are much more reliable but parts like pumps, turbos, injectors are just prohibitively expensive. On my Ford Figo, a single injector costed 24K and a simple diesel pipe with plunger kind pump costed 12K, all luckily replaced under warranty.

So when I got the XUV, i got the warranty along with the car itself. Paid about 22K as pointed out by Debuda.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:13   #7612

Thanks Debuda, I will completly agree with you and go for the extended Warranty
Nischal D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 17:50   #7613

Hello Guys, This is my first post on Team-BHP & I'm already down to asking for help & advice.

I have a pre-worshiped XUV deal almost finalized to the extent of approved finance awaiting my final 'Go Ahead' for disbursal. The Car in question is a Jan 2013 W8 FWD, done 30,000 kms from original owner (Local businessman) in immaculate condition. The deal is agreed at 10.5 Lakhs.

The Big question is that if there is no extended warranty subscription on the car, considering that it is going to cost me another 22K (If I as a second owner am eligible to purchase?), will the deal still be sweet enough to celebrate?

With great respect,
Old 12th November 2015, 21:20   #7614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb_Locked View Post
Hello Guys, This is my first post on Team-BHP & I'm already down to asking for help & advice.

I have a pre-worshiped XUV deal almost finalized to the extent of approved finance awaiting my final 'Go Ahead' for disbursal. The Car in question is a Jan 2013 W8 FWD, done 30,000 kms from original owner (Local businessman) in immaculate condition. The deal is agreed at 10.5 Lakhs.

The Big question is that if there is no extended warranty subscription on the car, considering that it is going to cost me another 22K (If I as a second owner am eligible to purchase?), will the deal still be sweet enough to celebrate?

With great respect,
Better have the extended warranty. It seems like only 22k, but majority of the parts that are covered under warranty will be costing well over the warranty amount.

Its the piece of mind that you will get being the 2nd owner.

Also check with the service center that the vehicle has frequented to get a detailed history of the work done on the vehicle, ensuring the vehicle received the recall updates as well.

All the best
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 10:46   #7615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb_Locked View Post

With great respect,
Don't hesitate to take the extended warranty for the 4th and 5th years. The car is almost nearing 3 years - that means the normal warranty will be over in a couple of months. The ~22K that you shell out now, will give you peace of mind for the next 2 years.

Also, since the car has done only ~30K kms, any specific reason for such a low mileage? Please check the service history, wear and tear of clutch, brake pads, suspension noise, any other unusual noise while driving etc - these may be things that can set you back once you take possession of the car.

All the very best !!

-Vivek
Old 14th November 2015, 19:01   #7616

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
Better have the extended warranty. It seems like only 22k, but majority of the parts that are covered under warranty will be costing well over the warranty amount.

Its the piece of mind that you will get being the 2nd owner.

Also check with the service center that the vehicle has frequented to get a detailed history of the work done on the vehicle, ensuring the vehicle received the recall updates as well.

All the best
Thanks Falconion for the wise advice, Although I have not checked the service records / detailed history of the car, I have personally inspected & test driven the car & it is only next to showroom condition. I reviewed / evaluated 3 cars before this one which came nowhere close to the condition of this one. Fine observations like, the protective plastic film still on the MID screen & inside silver door handles paint intact & scratch less further assured my confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Don't hesitate to take the extended warranty for the 4th and 5th years. The car is almost nearing 3 years - that means the normal warranty will be over in a couple of months. The ~22K that you shell out now, will give you peace of mind for the next 2 years.

Also, since the car has done only ~30K kms, any specific reason for such a low mileage? Please check the service history, wear and tear of clutch, brake pads, suspension noise, any other unusual noise while driving etc - these may be things that can set you back once you take possession of the car.

All the very best !!

-Vivek
Thank you Vivek, I'm now considering the Extended warranty mandatory, sweet deal or not. The reason for the Low mileage is genuine. The owner was frequenting Bombay ~ Goa for business purpose which is no longer required due to some changes in his business strategies which he adopted taking his age as constraint.

I am in a bind as being a non resident, I did all I could about examining the car with what knowledge I have & arranging finance & all required documentation the last time I was home. Now with everything ready to go, I have no opportunity to further investigate on the fine details on the condition of the car as the finance approval comes with a validity which expires a week before I arrive home this month, which if it does I have to start from scratch again with all the formalities.

Also, What do you guys think about the price the deal is agreed at for whats on offer?
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:57   #7617
BHPian

Roof rack rails
----------------

I need to install rails on the roof to fix the kayak carrier from Thule. These rails will run across the vehicle from left to right. Does anyone know where to get these rails from - Thule said they do not have a solution, and suggested to install a luggage carrier and then discard the 'basket'.

Also, the kayak will project 5-6 feet at the back of the vehicle. This will be at a height so it is unlikely to impale anyone at the back unless they are in a bus/truck - in which case it is my kayak that is more vulnerable. If anyone has carried such projecting loads and knows about the rules & regulations, and the actual 'practices' on the roads, that would be a great help.

Thanks!
Old 24th November 2015, 14:52   #7618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Roof rack rails
----------------

I need to install rails on the roof to fix the kayak carrier from Thule. These rails will run across the vehicle from left to right. Does anyone know where to get these rails from - Thule said they do not have a solution, and suggested to install a luggage carrier and then discard the 'basket'.

Also, the kayak will project 5-6 feet at the back of the vehicle. This will be at a height so it is unlikely to impale anyone at the back unless they are in a bus/truck - in which case it is my kayak that is more vulnerable. If anyone has carried such projecting loads and knows about the rules & regulations, and the actual 'practices' on the roads, that would be a great help.

Thanks!
Try roufrails from coimbatore
See attached pictures (this was taken of a XUV which I saw on the road)

BTW what kayak do you have? Whitewater or sprint? Once you fix your kayak send me the pictures so that I can do that with my sprint kayak which is very fragile and 18 feet long
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-bandipurfarming2052.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-bandipurfarming2050.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-bandipurfarming2051.jpg  

balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 15:06   #7619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Try roufrails from coimbatore
See attached pictures (this was taken of a XUV which I saw on the road)

BTW what kayak do you have? Whitewater or sprint? Once you fix your kayak send me the pictures so that I can do that with my sprint kayak which is very fragile and 18 feet long
Thanks Balan. I have an Epic surfski, V7, rotomoulded. It is actually meant for open seas, but will mostly be used in Bangalore where you can almost walk on some of the lakes!

Cheers, Anand
Old 26th November 2015, 11:15   #7620
BHPian

The long awaited XUV5oo AT is launched. Waiting for a Test Drive

Most Viewed