Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:31   #7651
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Just thought of sharing an interesting news.
India's leading utility vehicle manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra's XUV500 ranks highest in JD Power 2015 India Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study. It's overall APEAL score stood at 874 out of 1,000.

With a score of 872, Toyota Innova ranks second.

Source:- ET
MaxTorque is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 17:18   #7652
BHPian

Hi all just got a call from MASS that the next version of maps is available for my April 2015 XUV and I can bring my vehicle for updating the same. They also told me that it is on chargeable basis and I have to pay Rs.300 for the same. Isn't it free for 2 years and did anybody else get a call?
Old 9th January 2016, 19:14   #7653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi all just got a call from MASS that the next version of maps is available for my April 2015 XUV and I can bring my vehicle for updating the same. They also told me that it is on chargeable basis and I have to pay Rs.300 for the same. Isn't it free for 2 years and did anybody else get a call?

Is it Version 9 or anything later than that?
Old 9th January 2016, 20:47   #7654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Is it Version 9 or anything later than that?
Nope it's version 9 only. But never came across about paid updates. Anybody paid for the same?
Old 10th January 2016, 08:27   #7655
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Anybody paid for the same?
Yes, I did. The details are here.

Old 10th January 2016, 10:14   #7656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Yes, I did. The details are here.
Sireesh upgraded it free for my Dec 2014 vehicle. It probably was a special case as the car was referred to them by M&M because another service centre could not fix a problem even after a few visits.

The saved destinations and favourites were intact after the upgrade.
Old 20th January 2016, 11:08   #7657
BHPian

Not exactly a parcel tray, but good enough
------------------------------------------------

The idea was to cover the stuff in the boot to keep the sun away and also prying eyes. Providing some excitement to the overzealous security guards at mall entrances is an added bonus.

Step 1. Fixed wooden rods available from any hardware shop selling wooden beading etc. Cost - Rs 5

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-supporting-rods-2.jpg

Step 2. Cut foam sheet to size and place on top. Purchased a 15mm thick sheet (1400 X 2000mm) for Rs 269. Cut it in half and put two layers of the sheet.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-finished-look-1-2.jpg

Further suggestions:
1. Use a thicker sheet (30mm) so that it does not sag as shown in the side view.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-parcel-tray-side-view.jpg

2. Cut the finished sheet into 3 pieces lengthwise so that the pieces can be removed easily to remove the luggage.

3. Use slightly stiffer support rods. Still looking for suitable alternatives. SS tubes are too rigid to fit snugly without scratching or denting the sides. Plastic rods may be better.

Please take this as a proof-of-concept project. All suggestions for improvement are welcome!
arao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 08:41   #7658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Not exactly a parcel tray, but good enough
------------------------------------------------

3. Use slightly stiffer support rods. Still looking for suitable alternatives. SS tubes are too rigid to fit snugly without scratching or denting the sides. Plastic rods may be better.

Please take this as a proof-of-concept project. All suggestions for improvement are welcome!
Good attempt. Try using aluminum rods used for the false ceiling with rubber bushes on the end to avoid scratches
Best regards
Bala
Old 21st January 2016, 08:55   #7659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Good attempt. Try using aluminum rods used for the false ceiling with rubber bushes on the end to avoid scratches
Best regards
Bala
Thanks Bala. Do you know any stores in Bangalore that sell these?

I first need to fit the rubber end piece in the available slots and then find rods that go into the rubber piece.

A spring loaded tube would be the best option though, if available easily.
Old 21st January 2016, 09:59   #7660
BHPian

You can find adjustable curtain rods on Amazon.

Usually adjustable from 2 to 4 feet, 6 to 8 feet etc.

To my thinking, the 2-4 foot one should do fine.

They come with rubber end caps so no scratches, and the spring is very strong so will not slip easily.

Just search for "adjustable curtain rods" amazon.in.
I think the brand is Tusker.

They are not very expensive.

I have a couple of these at home and they are pretty good.

For the sheeting, you could try transparent fiber roofing sheets. They are available in white and brown as well as some other colours. A couple of layers of that should be plenty strong enough and should not sag too much.

These are the curtain rods I am referring to:
http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00FF40DW6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1453351400&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=adjustable+curtain+rod&dp Pl=1&dpID=11cdEiwAWsL&ref=plSrch

Last edited by pillainp : 21st January 2016 at 10:14.
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 10:28   #7661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Thanks Bala. Do you know any stores in Bangalore that sell these?

I first need to fit the rubber end piece in the available slots and then find rods that go into the rubber piece.

A spring loaded tube would be the best option though, if available easily.
Go to SP road for aluminium fitting supplies and rubber bushes.
As for spring loaded, you may need to improvise. Instead of spring loaded, you try threaded / telescopic fitting one rod inside another and tightening using a screw / internal threading
Best regards
Bala
balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 23:10   #7662
BHPian

Hi Fellow Bhpians,

Today I went to VVC Motors, Kothaguda, Hyderabad and gave a test drive of a W10 XUV 500. Few friends of mine who are a proud owner of this majestic car are telling me to insist the dealer for free goodies and discounts. But the dealer seems to be in non negotiable mode.

The shocking part on the discussion table was the insurance amount I need to pay. Its a staggering 74,000/- for the first year. I challenged the executive saying if I had paid 18K for a 1.2 Litre DZire Zxi, this can be maximum 50K for XUV500 but the value he is quoting is just impossible. He insists that since it is a zero depreciation insurance, the premium has to be high.

I came back home and had a chat with ICICI Lombard insurance executive. He said promptly that the zero dep insurance will be 36,000/- only if I buy online providing the engine and chassis number.

Now, the question is: How do I get the car insured outside the dealer and roll it out of the showroom? So, it seems, first I need to book the car, get the chassis and engine numbers, get the insurance done online and drive out the car from the showroom. Is this correct?

Another thing to worry, which might be unnecessary but still troubling me is: Will they treat me and my car properly if I do not get it insured from them? They might not do the PDI properly and bring unnecessary hassles to me. I will have a chat for sure with the executive, but if I see he is not happy with my thoughts, then better to go to another dealer and check what they can offer.

Thanks,
livetodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 23:17   #7663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Hi Fellow Bhpians,
I came back home and had a chat with ICICI Lombard insurance executive. He said promptly that the zero dep insurance will be 36,000/- only if I buy online providing the engine and chassis number.
I bought the insurance for the same amount for my W10 AWD.

Quote:
Now, the question is: How do I get the car insured outside the dealer and roll it out of the showroom? So, it seems, first I need to book the car, get the chassis and engine numbers, get the insurance done online and drive out the car from the showroom. Is this correct?
First of all, Clear it with your dealer that you will get the insurance from outside, If they deny doing the same, Take an effort to checkout other dealers even if its a bit far, Though they cannot force you to take the insurance from them only and you can always Email Mahindra about it, That is if you have time in hand.

You need to book the car, And once the dealer provides you the engine and chassis number, You can get the insurance which you can then forward a copy to the dealer if he requires it for registering the car.

Quote:
Another thing to worry, which might be unnecessary but still troubling me is: Will they treat me and my car properly if I do not get it insured from them? They might not do the PDI properly and bring unnecessary hassles to me. I will have a chat for sure with the executive, but if I see he is not happy with my thoughts, then better to go to another dealer and check what they can offer.
Team-Bhp PDI check list, Do it. But if you have time in hand, Do checkout with other dealers too, I had contacted every dealer here in mumbai and all of them had 10-20k Difference on the on road pricing.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 23:46   #7664
BHPian

Thanks Tanveer for your valuable inputs. Will keep you posted on how the thing goes.
Old 24th January 2016, 23:51   #7665
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Today I went to VVC Motors, Kothaguda, Hyderabad and gave a test drive of a W10 XUV 500. The shocking part on the discussion table was the insurance amount I need to pay. Its a staggering 74,000/-

I came back home and had a chat with ICICI Lombard insurance executive. He said promptly that the zero dep insurance will be 36,000/- only if I buy online providing the engine and chassis number
Hey, coincidence is I went for a TD too is the XUV 5OO W10. Check the link below for details:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3896854

I'd urge you to check with VVC Motors, Kondapur rather than the one you went to. Contact Mr. Mohan Das at VVC in Kondapur. Very helpful guy and a flower of Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I bought the insurance for the same amount for my W10 AWD.
Insurance in that price list that I have been given is 73K. So I'll have to be cautious when I deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks