Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2015, 12:52   #7621
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Folks, finally got first service done on my car on 25th Nov. Given the car was bought in march end I certainly took my sweet time to get to about 4700km. Got the service done at Sireesh Auto at Marathahalli in Bangalore. Service experience was avg but quality of service was good. They were able to fix the minor rattles and alignment issues that i had reported and delivered the car on same day.

I got a chance to take the car for a 300km day trip the next day after service the car performed well with 6 ppl on board. Engine feels little bit more refined and smoother now.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 18:37   #7622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, finally got first service done on my car on 25th Nov. Given the car was bought in march end I certainly took my sweet time to get to about 4700km. Got the service done at Sireesh Auto at Marathahalli in Bangalore. Service experience was avg but quality of service was good. They were able to fix the minor rattles and alignment issues that i had reported and delivered the car on same day.

I got a chance to take the car for a 300km day trip the next day after service the car performed well with 6 ppl on board. Engine feels little bit more refined and smoother now.
I have had excellent experience with respect to service at India Garage Mahadevpura. They attended all the issues I mentioned, both staff and quality of service is great. I would recommend India Garage anyday.
Car indeed becomes really smooth after 1st service and even more so after 2nd.

Just returned from a Bangalore-Nagpur-Bangalore trip, covered 1100 kms in a day twice and it was so stress-less I felt I could do another 400 kms more at the end easily.
XUV took me to Nagpur and inside the Tadoba Tiger Reserve with equal ease and I'm so happy munching miles in it

Last edited by Aniket6 : 30th November 2015 at 18:40.
Aniket6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 19:08   #7623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
I have had excellent experience with respect to service at India Garage Mahadevpura. They attended all the issues I mentioned, both staff and quality of service is great. I would recommend India Garage anyday.
Car indeed becomes really smooth after 1st service and even more so after 2nd.

Just returned from a Bangalore-Nagpur-Bangalore trip, covered 1100 kms in a day twice and it was so stress-less I felt I could do another 400 kms more at the end easily.
XUV took me to Nagpur and inside the Tadoba Tiger Reserve with equal ease and I'm so happy munching miles in it
India Garage Mahadevapura is where I take my vehicle to as well. I bought my XUV from their new showroom right next to the service center. Early days but been very happy with the quality of service so far.

I would definitely recommend them to folks staying close by.

Good to know that your XUV is performing really well, Aniket. Keep it roaring!

Last edited by achyu : 30th November 2015 at 19:10.
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 10:49   #7624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
I guess everyone's experience is different. A thud sound in the brake was introduced after the 2nd service at IG Mahadevpura. The initial diagnosis was that it was coming from the right hand side, and the technician replaced the lower arm, telling me that I have damaged it by driving hard into a hole. The next day another (and senior) technician said that the sound was coming from the left side, and put back the old lower arm. Problem remained unresolved. Further tests by the 'cotec' and still no resolution. Finally, went to Sireesh at Marthahalli yesterday - the sound is not completely gone, but it is much better. No diagnosis though - they said they just tightened some nuts.

A common observation at IG and Sireesh - after the carwash, the windshield comes back worse than before. They do not use a clean cloth for wiping it, and I did not see any specific glass cleaner being used too.
Old 1st December 2015, 13:10   #7625
Senior - BHPian

Any body here bought a new battery for their beast? If so, which one and at what cost? Thanks.

Last edited by nitinralli : 1st December 2015 at 13:12.
Old 1st December 2015, 17:52   #7626
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Any body here bought a new battery for their beast? If so, which one and at what cost? Thanks.
I did. Used the same model as stock. Amaron. Don't recollect the cost. Please check batterybhai.com
Old 1st December 2015, 20:02   #7627
BHPian

Quote:
I also did purchase new battery. Amaron, cost's around Rs.5600 odd after exchange.
Old 4th December 2015, 13:03   #7628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I did. Used the same model as stock. Amaron. Don't recollect the cost. Please check batterybhai.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
I also did purchase new battery. Amaron, cost's around Rs.5600 odd after exchange.
Thanks for the info. Do you know weather its 85ah or 90ah battery? On batterybhai.com i see these two options but i dont know which AH one is it.

Also is batterybhai.com a reliable option?
Old 4th December 2015, 20:59   #7629
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Do you know weather its 85ah or 90ah battery? On batterybhai.com i see these two options but i dont know which AH one is it.

Also is batterybhai.com a reliable option?
Stock is 85Amp
Model number ending with 105D31R

Paid 5350 Rs.
Old 5th December 2015, 16:56   #7630
Senior - BHPian

Thanks sanjay. Finally got my battery changed from batterybhai. Cost 4900 and delivery in 3 hours.
Old 5th December 2015, 19:59   #7631
BHPian

So finally we will have the XUV 5OO with the Auto transmission on roads soon.

http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/compar...?id=comp_model

Much awaited update, Dang one of my uncle was waiting for it but since there was no news that when will the auto version come he went ahead with Creta AT. And talking about myself whenever I change my current W8 it will be the W10 AT for me.

Last edited by Singh09 : 5th December 2015 at 20:02.
Old 6th December 2015, 20:24   #7632

Hello Forum members,
I have been a team bHP member for quite some time...however I had been a passive observer. I am now planning to book a Sunset Orange W4 model..After seeing niggles, minor irritants and other things being mentioned here..not sure whether to go ahead ..
Can any one advise me whether this would be a better choice than a Duster RXL ?
Old 10th December 2015, 18:41   #7633
BHPian

Today, the 10th of December - I'm completing my first year of ownership with my XUV W8 FWD. Had bought the beast on the same day last year. And having completed 18,500 kms - including daily city drives and around 4-5 highway drives (each one covering ~1500 kms per trip) - I must say that I'm a very happy and satisfied owner !!

A lot of forum members have already covered the positives and negatives here. In a nutshell, I have till now not faced any major issues barring the occasional niggles/noise. With its relatively high seating position, ground clearance and great suspension - the beast gives superb driving pleasure, visibility and confidence - in highways as well as the pot-hole filled roads in our town.

The only irritants are
1. my infotainment system does not recognize some USBs, the dealer has agreed to replace the whole unit when I take her for the third service.
2. The clutch feels hard in city traffic. Will ask the A.S.S guys to take a look at that as well

Overall, it has been a positive experience so far and the beast has lived up to my expectations. It is not just the car or the driving dynamics that I look at - but the overall package - which of course includes engine performance, driving comfort, looks, mileage, features, interiors, comfort, easy availability of parts, service costs, service center experiences etc etc. No wonder, it still remains as one of the best selling SUVs.

-Vivek
vivekkr_99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 20:04   #7634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
1. my infotainment system does not recognize some USBs, the dealer has agreed to replace the whole unit when I take her for the third service.
2. The clutch feels hard in city traffic. Will ask the A.S.S guys to take a look at that as well
-Vivek
I had the same issue with the clutch, and the A.S.S. guys said they can't do anything about it. Changing the seat position helped, and I guess over a period of time some hitherto unused muscle groups got trained to deal with the clutch issue.
Old 10th December 2015, 20:20   #7635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
I had the same issue with the clutch, and the A.S.S. guys said they can't do anything about it. Changing the seat position helped, and I guess over a period of time some hitherto unused muscle groups got trained to deal with the clutch issue.
The service guys @ TVS, Trivandrum had checked the clutch once, and they mentioned that they will check it again if the issue persists during the 20K service. I'm not very sure changing the seat position will help me - the clutch is already a bit heavy and has a long throw. This issue occurs only during constant use of the clutch - in city traffic.
Very recently, a slight jerk is also felt when I release the clutch - this is intermittent, and happens when I shift from 1st to second gear. Need to check that as well.

There is a long standing niggle though - when I shift from first to second gear, I hear a "thud" sound - it seems to be coming from the rear. The sound is only heard when shifting from first to second !!! I had posted a query in the XUV500 niggles thread sometime back, but it seems nobody else is facing this specific issue. As always, I have now got used to that sound.

-Vivek

Most Viewed