Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 18:44   #7471
J.Ravi

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Was there an option of an auto day/night screen display option in version 8.1? If not, then it is available now.
Mine is version 8.0 that has the auto day/night map display option.

Old 16th July 2015, 18:50   #7472
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Mine is version 8.0 that has the auto day/night map display option.

Thanks for confirming Ravi. Then I guess the difference is very minimal with just new roads, cities and POI being added. In this case the house numbers not being supported actually makes it a downgrade than an upgrade :-).
Old 17th July 2015, 06:13   #7473
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow XUV owners,

Just wanted to inform you all that I have received the update to my maps. ...

After using it for about a week now, what I have realized is that the house/ building numbers that were reflecting on the 8.1 version is not supported on the new version. I checked with my RM and he confirmed the same and mentioned that there maybe a new software update that might be released but he does not know when.
Hi! Thanks for the info. My W8 AWD will go for the second service in 2 weeks time and I am wondering whether to upgrade (or rather 'downgrade') the map version.

Is there any online resource available on how to find the locations on the GPS - like using road names, house numbers etc? I have been using only the latitude+longitude method and that works very well, and brings me to the exact spot. But that is a bother because I have to first find out the coordinates using google maps. While this is perfect for remote locations, I need to learn a better method for the urban areas.

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 18th July 2015, 00:33   #7474
BHPian

MapmyIndia Launches map version 9.1; offers enhanced coverage and ease-of-use

http://www.mapmyindia.com/navigator/maps/coverage

http://www.mapmyindia.com/blog/mapmy...d-ease-of-use/
Old 18th July 2015, 12:51   #7475
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Hi! Thanks for the info. My W8 AWD will go for the second service in 2 weeks time and I am wondering whether to upgrade (or rather 'downgrade') the map version.

Is there any online resource available on how to find the locations on the GPS - like using road names, house numbers etc? I have been using only the latitude+longitude method and that works very well, and brings me to the exact spot. But that is a bother because I have to first find out the coordinates using google maps. While this is perfect for remote locations, I need to learn a better method for the urban areas.

Thanks so much for your help!
The version 8.1 Maps does have option to input road names, locality, city, etc. when you click on the Route button. However, regarding an online resource, sorry my friend, I have no clue.

Also, what my RM mentioned when I went for the upgrade is that the software that was sent across in the pen drive is specifically tagged to my license of the MMI maps and hence cannot be installed in any other vehicles. It was also the reason they had an issue with the display unit and replaced it. So, you may want to check with your RM if they have the updates readily available, else Nippon will have to specifically configure it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
MapmyIndia Launches map version 9.1; offers enhanced coverage and ease-of-use

http://www.mapmyindia.com/navigator/maps/coverage

http://www.mapmyindia.com/blog/mapmy...d-ease-of-use/
Mahindra and Nippon will probably take another year to roll out this update from 9.0 to 9.1 given how long they took to do it from 8.1 to 9.0. Maybe a good thing for all XUV owners on Team-BHP to push for this collectively.
Old 19th July 2015, 14:38   #7476
BHPian

....and one day we realized we needed a new car, I would have settled for something smaller (read sportier) but wife insisted we need an SUV to my utter delight. Ten days have gone by and I present the HULK car, the XUV W10 non AWD. GSP motors did a tremendous job at getting the car delivered as per as our wishes.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc_13632.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc_13652.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc_13662.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc_13812.jpg  

dionysus is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 15:58   #7477
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow XUV owners,

Just wanted to inform you all that I have received the update to my maps. I had written to Mahindra Customer Care checking on when the update would be available given that it has been over a year since MMI released the new version.

Mine is a pre facelift XUV and the earlier version of my maps was 8.1 and last week I got an update done at the MASS and the new version is now 9.0. Attaching a picture of the SW version for reference.
Who is your MASS, Adu? I got an email from India garage, Bengaluru that the latest version is 8.1 only.

Thanks!
Old 20th July 2015, 19:26   #7478
BHPian

The lock button of my car key is broken. How do I fix it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20150720_190157.jpg  

Old 20th July 2015, 21:18   #7479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
The lock button of my car key is broken. How do I fix it ?
Not a fix as such, but you can try this.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:29   #7480
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Who is your MASS, Adu? I got an email from India garage, Bengaluru that the latest version is 8.1 only.

Thanks!
The new version seems to be a 'dud in the making'. I do not even have the basic features (like house/ building numbers) that were available in version 8.1. I have taken this matter up with Mahindra Customer Care and they are yet to respond.

I have a feeling this was the earlier version itself reloaded and now is causing problems. The GPS is having trouble connecting and even after 5 minutes, it is still searching and trying to connect to the satellite!

Hence, don't bother with any upgrades. I will provide updates as and when I hear something from Mahindra.
adu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:53   #7481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus View Post
....and one day we realized we needed a new car, I would have settled for something smaller (read sportier) but wife insisted we need an SUV to my utter delight. Ten days have gone by and I present the HULK car, the XUV W10 non AWD. GSP motors did a tremendous job at getting the car delivered as per as our wishes.
Greay buy enjoy the miles... BTW the list pic shows an award winning emotion...
m_upreti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:06   #7482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The new version seems to be a 'dud in the making'. I do not even have the basic features (like house/ building numbers) that were available in version 8.1. I have taken this matter up with Mahindra Customer Care and they are yet to respond.
If you read the list of features available from the first link shared by Tushar, it says the house/builiding number is available in premium map. So I am sensing Mahindra has provided us with the basic version of maps and hence the new update is not giving that option.

Can you confirm with Mahindra if they are offering Premium maps to XUV or the basic one?
Old 21st July 2015, 13:37   #7483
adu
BHPian

I will do that fusionbang. Do follow up with me in a couple go weeks in the event I forget to update you all.
Old 21st July 2015, 15:25   #7484

Hi Everyone here,

I am new to this forum so pardon me if there is an inadvertent breach of protocal while pasting this query on new XUV 500 w10 AWD

The reason i am keen to know details about XUV w10 AWD is because i want to drive deep into the interiors of Leh/ Ladakh that requires steep climb & fair bit of off-roading/ negotiating deep pits/ many water crossings with upto 2 ft depth to reach those locations which only high GC cars with low gear rations can negotiate.

Since i have not see any reviews of XUV AWD on such terrain so i am uncertain if XUV w10 AWD can successfully complete such trip. Hence these questions

1. What is the actual ground clearance of XUV w10 AWD (after removing the engine guard below) & can it negotiate such GC as required after remving the bottom guard safely? If not what is the way to do so?

Comparison table in some post in this forum suggest it is 200 mm for XUV (& 165 mm for Scorpio -??) whereas Mahindras claim it is only 160 mm for XUV. so what is the actual position of XUV GC? can anyone please clarify

2. does the AWD has adequate low gear ratio to generate such power for such steep climbs

3. some in one of the post wrote that their clutch will burn out very quickly, is it true?

Thanks a million in advance for your anticipated reply

Regards

Shardil
Old 21st July 2015, 20:28   #7485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shardil View Post
Hi Everyone here,

I am new to this forum so pardon me if there is an inadvertent breach of protocal while pasting this query on new XUV 500 w10 AWD
The reason i am keen to know details about XUV w10 AWD is because i want to drive deep into the interiors of Leh/ Ladakh that requires steep climb & fair bit of off-roading/ negotiating deep pits/ many water crossings with upto 2 ft depth to reach those locations which only high GC cars with low gear rations can negotiate. Since i have not see any reviews of XUV AWD on such terrain so i am uncertain if XUV w10 AWD can successfully complete such trip. Hence these questions
1. What is the actual ground clearance of XUV w10 AWD (after removing the engine guard below) & can it negotiate such GC as required after remving the bottom guard safely? If not what is the way to do so?Comparison table in some post in this forum suggest it is 200 mm for XUV (& 165 mm for Scorpio -??) whereas Mahindras claim it is only 160 mm for XUV. so what is the actual position of XUV GC? can anyone please clarify
2. does the AWD has adequate low gear ratio to generate such power for such steep climbs
3. some in one of the post wrote that their clutch will burn out very quickly, is it true?
The AWD system is same in the old and new XUV. there are no changes.

all your queries are answered by Anshuman in his thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...?highlight=xuv

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks