Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2014, 07:17   #6106
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
What is the fuel tank capacity? The electronic fuel indicator was showing 2 points and still I managed to fill 67 liters. My brother in law filled 72 liters at almost dry level indicator during his ride to murdeshwar.
I recently filled more than 76 litres of diesel in my XUV when the DTE (distance to empty) was showing about 10 KM. So the capacity of my fuel tank can be assumed to be at least 77 or 78 litres!

On one occasion, when my XUV was new and about 74 litres of fuel went in, I became suspicious about the accuracy of the pump. I asked for quantity and density checks and they seemed to be okay. I wrote about it here.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 15:26   #6107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
I recently filled more than 76 litres of diesel in my XUV when the DTE (distance to empty) was showing about 10 KM. So the capacity of my fuel tank can be assumed to be at least 77 or 78 litres!

On one occasion, when my XUV was new and about 74 litres of fuel went in, I became suspicious about the accuracy of the pump. I asked for quantity and density checks and they seemed to be okay. I wrote about it here.
I have also been quite intrigued with the capacity of the fuel tank. I have also on occasions managed to squeeze in ~72-73 litres of fuel.

My guess is that the fuel tank would be ~75 litres capacity + 3-4 litres can be accommodated in the fuels lines etc.

However, it would be great if we can get an official capacity figure from a verified source.

Cheeerzzz
Old 9th June 2014, 17:15   #6108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
My XUV has got her first major scratch on her left bumper corner :(. Any advice on how to fix it and prevent such scratches from happening again. This might have happened during my recent trip to coorg couple of days back.
I suggest you leave it just like that. It looks a bit big since you have zoomed in, if you post a full pic of the car, then am sure it would NOT be that noticeable.

The first scratch hurts, let it remain to ward off the evil eye!
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 09:18   #6109
BHPian

Any pointers on the maintenance cost involved for the regular upkeep of XUV? Interested to know the average cost per paid service. I'm sure there are many members here who have first-hand info on this.

(service interval is 10K, isnt it?)

Thanks.
Old 11th June 2014, 09:42   #6110
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Any pointers on the maintenance cost involved for the regular upkeep of XUV? Interested to know the average cost per paid service. I'm sure there are many members here who have first-hand info on this.

(service interval is 10K, isnt it?)

Thanks.
3rd and last free service at 20000Kms, I paid ~5900 Rs. I opted out of wheel-balancing and alignment otherwise it would have been another 1100-1200 Rs more.

A paid service with consumables and labour should be in the 9000-10000 Rs range. May be others who have done the paid services can throw some light.

PS: Every 10K is inspection and engine oil only. Every 20K is the real service IIRC.

Last edited by SDP : 11th June 2014 at 09:44.
Old 11th June 2014, 12:31   #6111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
PS: Every 10K is inspection and engine oil only. Every 20K is the real service IIRC.
Just to clarify, engine oil replacement is every 20 K after first 5K and 20K.
However, there is a caveat in the form of a time limit of 1 year. In my case 5K oil change was done on Mar 26, 2013 and I am at 16.5 K on the ODO as on date. It's well over a year though I am short of 20K service milestone, and I think it's better to change the oil after a year as recommended. My running is not that high and I can't imagine completing 20K within a year in the forseeable future.
I am attaching an update from M&M circulated sometime back for a lot of the new owners. Don't know if any updates have been issued post that.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV500_Maintenance_Schedule.pdf (254.2 KB, 823 views)
Heavy Horse is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 14:05   #6112
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Just to clarify, engine oil replacement is every 20 K after first 5K and 20K.
However, there is a caveat in the form of a time limit of 1 year. In my case 5K oil change was done on Mar 26, 2013 and I am at 16.5 K on the ODO as on date. It's well over a year though I am short of 20K service milestone, and I think it's better to change the oil after a year as recommended. My running is not that high and I can't imagine completing 20K within a year in the forseeable future.
I am attaching an update from M&M circulated sometime back for a lot of the new owners. Don't know if any updates have been issued post that.
Thanks HH!

Just glanced through the PDF once again and here are a few observations:

1. Under the head "HVAC" , a particle filter is mentioned as "C" (i.e. Clean) every 10000 kms. If this is the same thing as the AC filter or cabin-air filter, then this might change. The new AC filter is a paper-based one unlike the older one which was like a wire-mesh. The RM told me that the new ones need to be replaced ("R") every 20000kms. So the "C" might have changed to "R" after the design change.

2. Wheel-Alignment and Rotation - Although its common knowledge that it should be done every 5-10K kilometers, the PDF mentions "Inspect" only at all places. Wonder why.

3. Wheel-balancing - Not mentioned at all.

Last edited by SDP : 11th June 2014 at 14:07.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 16:45   #6113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
2. Wheel-Alignment and Rotation - Although its common knowledge that it should be done every 5-10K kilometers, the PDF mentions "Inspect" only at all places. Wonder why.

3. Wheel-balancing - Not mentioned at all.
Really don't understand why M&M is not specific with regard to Wheel alignment and rotation. At the 10K service it took great effort on my part to get them to do it. They said that they would need to do wheel balancing also prior to rotation and then fix the alignment. Which sounded logical and fine with me. Incidentally they charged me only for the weights. Labour was free.
Old 11th June 2014, 16:52   #6114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
My XUV has got her first major scratch on her left bumper corner :(. Any advice on how to fix it and prevent such scratches from happening again. This might have happened during my recent trip to coorg couple of days back.
Rubbing will take care of this scratch, only deeply scarred portion will remain visible. Buy 3M(or any other) rubbing compound from any spares/accessories shop.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 17:59   #6115

Hello Friends

This ones a bit off topic but need suggestions on how to avoid this sunlight at 47 degrees as my XUV interiors are almost melting now. With no options to use a sunfilm in Delhi any suggestions are welcome though i found these products below to be useful. Please guide

http://www.polcoindia.com/polco1.html

http://www.climair.com/en/sonniboy.html

Cheers!
Old 17th June 2014, 18:25   #6116
BHPian

Hi Vinny,

Try the static electric sun shade, Works like a film and is a bliss in this scorching heat.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/4-PC-High-Eff...item2a3979607c
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 14:58   #6117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny.ganju View Post
Hello Friends

This ones a bit off topic but need suggestions on how to avoid this sunlight at 47 degrees as my XUV interiors are almost melting now. With no options to use a sunfilm in Delhi any suggestions are welcome though i found these products below to be useful. Please guide

http://www.polcoindia.com/polco1.html

http://www.climair.com/en/sonniboy.html

Cheers!
Hi Vinny,

I recently purchased magnetic sun shades (a set of 6 pcs.) from Auto-Furnish in Delhi. The fit is pretty good and they look quite neat IMO.

http://autofurnish.com/p/1337/autofu...-xuv-500-6-pcs

Ask for Rupal there and give him reference of Team-BHP and he would surely help you out.

Cheeeerzzz
Sisu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 18:14   #6118

Thanks Sisu this looks like a decent option but hows the visibility while driving? Also is this easy to install (DIY types) without fidgeting much with the car as i am bit cautious when adding such accessories that may damage original parts / paint.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Vinny,

I recently purchased magnetic sun shades (a set of 6 pcs.) from Auto-Furnish in Delhi. The fit is pretty good and they look quite neat IMO.

http://autofurnish.com/p/1337/autofu...-xuv-500-6-pcs

Ask for Rupal there and give him reference of Team-BHP and he would surely help you out.

Cheeeerzzz
Thanks Alive2Drive this is a good alternative. Will check out the real stuff in the market first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hi Vinny,

Try the static electric sun shade, Works like a film and is a bliss in this scorching heat.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/4-PC-High-Eff...item2a3979607c
Old 18th June 2014, 19:10   #6119
A.R
BHPian

There's this weird sound coming from the front right side of the vehicle whenever it travels over bad/patchy roads.

I had it checked last time when I left it for service and the service folks said no problem. Suspension and related things were checked.

The noise now is so irritating that I want t get it fixed. I need to figure out what's causing it and tell the ASC to fix since they've not been able to figure out.

My XUV's done 13k kms and noise comes from front right top - something if you were to have a loose bonnet or bumper.

Any pointer please?
Old 18th June 2014, 19:41   #6120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny.ganju View Post
Thanks Sisu this looks like a decent option but hows the visibility while driving? Also is this easy to install (DIY types) without fidgeting much with the car as i am bit cautious when adding such accessories that may damage original parts / paint.
Visibility is not bad. In the day it poses no problem, however I would recommend you remove it at night just to be safe.

It is very easy to install. It takes less than 60 seconds to install all 6 pcs. It basically has small magnets built inside the shade which stick onto the door frames. These are not very strong magnets so there is no damage to paint whatsoever.

I am pretty happy with this product and would definitely recommend it.

Cheeerzzz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks