Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2013, 15:16   #5356
J.Ravi

Re: First Pics Of My XUV500

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahesh View Post
Congratulations J.Ravi! The vehicle looks beautiful.
Thanks a lot for the wishes and compliments, smahesh.

Quote:
Did you ask about road tax being computed after deducting the discounts?
I did. But, I was told that RTO would take the ex-showroom price before applying the discount for the tax computation.

Old 27th December 2013, 15:28   #5357
BHPian

Re: First Pics Of My XUV500

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I did. But, I was told that RTO would take the ex-showroom price before applying the discount for the tax computation.
Is it then left to the discretion of the RTO? Here in Bangalore road tax has definitely been computed based on the discounted value.

Anyway enjoy the vehicle and do keep posting on your experiences with this Purple Beauty.
Old 27th December 2013, 16:32   #5358
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hey Friends, need a help; can someone confirm below price?

Engine Oil 2475/-
Oil Filter 250/-
Fuel Filter 2700/-
Air Filter 1017/-
labor 2700/-

Put together around 10-11K; Xuv is 2 years old / 25000 KM but technically this service falls under 40K service due to 2 years completed.
Old 27th December 2013, 18:31   #5359
BHPian

New Artic Blue W8 Fwd - Big Baby!

I finally took delivery of the new XUV500 W8 Fwd, Artic Blue from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore. The Big Baby waiting for the official delivery! I was asked to cut the ribbon, quite unexpected and frankly embarrassing.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20131227_125952r.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20131227_130004r.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20131227_133922r.jpg

The XUV with Mr. Arun, Experience Executive at Sireesh Auto. An extremely nice person and did an excellent job overall.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20131227_133524r.jpg

And this is with the new vehicle inside the covered parking and the old trusted Ford Fiesta in the background. It served me without a single hitch, a single problem. It now will move to its new home, a friend who is taking ownership of the Fiesta.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20131227_142829r.jpg

My Big Baby and I thank this great forum. I must have read all the posts of this XUV500 thread while waiting for the arrival of the big, blue beauty.
smahesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 19:40   #5360
J.Ravi

Re: New Artic Blue W8 Fwd - Big Baby!

Quote:
I finally took delivery of the new XUV500 W8 Fwd, Artic Blue
Congratulations and best wishes, smahesh. I wish you and your XUV500 lakhs and lakhs of miles with smiles. I will be taking delivery of my XUV500 on Monday [30 Dec 2013].
  (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 20:03   #5361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I finally took delivery of the new XUV500 W8 Fwd, Artic Blue from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore.
Heartiest congratulations and wish you safe and niggle free ride.

This is the first time I have seen Arctic Blue in photos and probably its the first one TBhp. Sadly two of the vibrant colours i.e. Arctic Blue and Opulent Purple are available only on W8.

I have booked Moondust Silver W6 however would get delivery in the next calendar year as I wanted a 2014 model.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 20:54   #5362
BHPian

Quote:
Just a few minutes back, XUV500 Experience Executive, India Garage, sent me the VIN by SMS: D6L19995. It's November 2013-manufactured as assured by them.
The Chassis number of the XUV500 I now have is D6L19655. If these numbers are all assigned in sequence for the XUV, it must have been a busy November.

Quote:
Congratulations and best wishes, smahesh. I wish you and your XUV500 lakhs and lakhs of miles with smiles. I will be taking delivery of my XUV500 on Monday [30 Dec 2013].
Thanks you for your kind wishes. Much Appreciated. I look forward to your ownership thread soon with all of your experience with your Purple Beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Heartiest congratulations and wish you safe and niggle free ride.

This is the first time I have seen Arctic Blue in photos and probably its the first one TBhp. Sadly two of the vibrant colours i.e. Arctic Blue and Opulent Purple are available only on W8.

I have booked Moondust Silver W6 however would get delivery in the next calendar year as I wanted a 2014 model.
Thanks for your kind wishes. Highly appreciated. I would have gone in for the AWD version if it had the Artic Blue available. Since my earlier vehicles were a grey (Baleno) and then the Purple (Ford Fiesta), Artic Blue was the only option when it came to XUV500.
smahesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 21:55   #5363
BHPian

Quote:
I finally took delivery of the new XUV500 W8 Fwd, Artic Blue from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore. The Big Baby waiting for the official delivery!

My Big Baby and I thank this great forum. I must have read all the posts of this XUV500 thread while waiting for the arrival of the big, blue beauty.
smahesh, I have been watching this thread for a while you were going through your anxious and joyous moments. All the best for a long happy niggles free association with XUV.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 23:43   #5364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post

Thank you for the information. I appreciate the suggestion, I have a XUV 5oo W4, it does not come with the cover. I want to get a leather one done. My palms were sweating on the 10 Hrs drive to Pune from Bangalore.
Try Gsport in bangalore. I got it done for my Baleno 6 years back. They did a fab job. It was genuine leather and not the art leather for the gear knob and steering. Very neat job.....near sagar motors Bannerghata road.
vinit_relan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 15:02   #5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Which accessory shop did you buy from? This is one of the best prices I have seen for the 3D mats.

These mats are the best fit, looks and neatness. Although comes at a price.
The shop name is Coverwell http://coverwell.co.in/
vinny.ganju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 18:18   #5366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I finally took delivery of the new XUV500 W8 Fwd, Artic Blue from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore. The Big Baby waiting for the official delivery! I was asked to cut the ribbon, quite unexpected and frankly embarrassing.
Attachment 1183451
Attachment 1183452
Attachment 1183453

The XUV with Mr. Arun, Experience Executive at Sireesh Auto. An extremely nice person and did an excellent job overall.
Attachment 1183457

And this is with the new vehicle inside the covered parking and the old trusted Ford Fiesta in the background. It served me without a single hitch, a single problem. It now will move to its new home, a friend who is taking ownership of the Fiesta.
Attachment 1183456

Congratulations Mahesh on this beauty...Xuv looks beautiful in arctic blue!!!! Happy Xuv..ing
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 20:42   #5367
BHPian

Of late many XUV are joining our forum. Any specific reason behind this?
Old 29th December 2013, 07:20   #5368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
May be because more people are buying the XUV
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 07:40   #5369
BHPian

Congratulations!, Smahesh on your new beast. The colour is not commonly seen on the roads and it looks good. Wishing you many miles of thrilling motoring.
My Moondust Silver W6 arrived at the showroom 3 days ago and I took it for a spin after the mandatory PDI. It felt amazing to drive the beast. It will be going for registration next week and then I will get my hands on it for a proper drive. I will put up the pictures and initial ownership experience soon.

Best wishes and good luck to J.Ravi and TaureanBull for their impending arrivals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
I think more people are buying XUV because its a great package of good looks, powerful engine, handling, road-presence, lots of extras packed into the machine for a good price, in comparison to the often overpriced foreign brands. A true Indian steed from the Mahindra Stables, which seems to have come together after the initial minor niggles.
alphadog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 07:44   #5370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post

May be because more people are buying the XUV
Lol.Couldn't control myself.

On a serious note the XUV is a fantastic car and with Mahindra ironing out major issues, why not the XUV? I've bought mine in May this year and still spellbound by the beast!

Most Viewed