Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2013, 00:57   #5266
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Will this effect warranty?
I have a sound processor, 2 big Amplifiers, dual amp wiring, Front component speakers and rear coaxal speakers and a 12" sub in my XUV, all after market. Did i face any warranty issue NAHhhh
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 08:21   #5267
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Where is your detailed analysis? That is just a short summary!
Here are my brief test-drive reports: XUV500 [1], XUV500 [2&3], Duster and Storme.

Old 7th December 2013, 19:11   #5268

Dear Friends

I finally have one in my Garage and i call it the Hercules (famous for his strength and for his numerous far-ranging adventures) Took the delivery around 1st week of November. Initially was contemplating between Purple and Silver but then realized how good these beasts look in light colors.

Thanks for all your advice and suggestions. Attaching few snaps will keep the forum posted on the experience.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0453.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0480.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0536.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0577.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0580.jpg  

vinny.ganju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 21:20   #5269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny.ganju View Post
Dear Friends

I finally have one in my Garage and i call it the Hercules!
Congrats Vinny for owning the Cheetah. Happy miles ahead. Please keep us updated particularly on the improvement in the niggles reported which will help potential buyers.
petrolveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 21:38   #5270
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends

I finally have one in my Garage and i call it the Hercules (famous for his strength and for his numerous far-ranging adventures)
Congratulations! Welcome to the club. Wish you happy miles.
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 21:45   #5271
BHPian

Does any XUV here have a sensor like thing (about an inch tall) poking out of the air intake (ribbed pipe the extends from the air filter box into the engine)? I noticed this in a vehicle under repair and forgot to take pictures or ask anyone at the service station about it. The other vehicles I checked (including mine) have a stub on the pipe in the same location. Please check your XUVs and report so we can see if there is a difference between certain batches of the vehicle.
mdsaif92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 22:36   #5272
A.R
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends

I finally have one in my Garage and i call it the Hercules (famous for his strength and for his numerous far-ranging adventures) Took the delivery around 1st week of November. Initially was contemplating between Purple and Silver but then realized how good these beasts look in light colors.

Thanks for all your advice and suggestions. Attaching few snaps will keep the forum posted on the experience.

Cheers!
Congrats on your Hercules! I have a question: Is that rear bumper gaurd an accessory from Mahindra? How much did it cost, if I may ask?

Does it interfere withe Parking sensors, being detected as an obstacle and beeps?
Old 7th December 2013, 22:41   #5273
BHPian

Congratulation on your Cheetah/Hercules. The photos are superb and now we are waiting for your initial ownership report. How was the overall buying experience..?
Old 7th December 2013, 22:43   #5274
Senior - BHPian

Checked the XUV W4 for the first time today -
  • Apart from the obvious differences in features mentioned before in this thread, the W4's glovebox does not have a damped release like in the W6 and W8.
  • The AC vent adjustment rings is not chrome.
  • The fabric seats of the W4 are softer than the leather ones in my W8, feels nice and plush.
  • The dashboard does not look bland in any way, except the odd looking/grey clock.
  • W4 looks best in black. The silver one looks plane jane.
Old 8th December 2013, 10:06   #5275

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
Congrats Vinny for owning the Cheetah. Happy miles ahead. Please keep us updated particularly on the improvement in the niggles reported which will help potential buyers.
Thanks Petrolveins! So far no issues. They have really worked on the niggles it seems. will surely keep the group posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Congratulations! Welcome to the club. Wish you happy miles.
Thanks aajohn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
Congrats on your Hercules! I have a question: Is that rear bumper gaurd an accessory from Mahindra? How much did it cost, if I may ask? Does it interfere withe Parking sensors, being detected as an obstacle and beeps?
Thanks A.R! This rear guard is an official Mahindra accessory and was part of the freebies i got from the dealer. And it doesn't interfere with parking sensors or reverse cam. I wanted minimal accessories but then a friend from the dealership recommended the rear guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Congratulation on your Cheetah/Hercules. The photos are superb and now we are waiting for your initial ownership report. How was the overall buying experience..?
Thanks MaxTorque! The overall buying experience was smooth but it was an exceptionally busy day with lot of deliveries lined up so few things were hurried up but no complaints.
Old 8th December 2013, 17:40   #5276
BHPian

After a week of ownership and 500 km later, First niggle on the W4. Door ajar sensor comes on at a regular interval, I need to stop and open and close the dicky door and its fine for the next 20 mind. Its frustrating.
Old 8th December 2013, 19:17   #5277
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
After a week of ownership and 500 km later, First niggle on the W4. Door ajar sensor comes on at a regular interval, I need to stop and open and close the dicky door and its fine for the next 20 mind. Its frustrating.
Old problem.

Check the following out for a possible solution (without visiting the service center).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3275071
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 22:00   #5278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

Old problem.

Check the following out for a possible solution (without visiting the service center).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3275071
Another workaround for this problem is to open the bonnet sensor cover and short the two sensor leads, or to disconnect them from the switch and leave them open (sensor here is a simple mechanical switch) depending on whether the switch is an NO (normally open) or an NC (normally closed) switch. This can be found by trial. This is mostly a simple reversible five minute fix, but at the cost of missing warning in the event the bonnet is unlatched while driving.
mdsaif92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 22:14   #5279
A.R
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Petrolveins! So far no issues. They have really worked on the niggles it seems. will surely keep the group posted.

Thanks A.R! This rear guard is an official Mahindra accessory and was part of the freebies i got from the dealer. And it doesn't interfere with parking sensors or reverse cam. I wanted minimal accessories but then a friend from the dealership recommended the rear guard.
How much did cost you? I have a similar but after market rear guard installed which is interfering with the parking sensors. Thinking of replacing them with Mahindra accessory,
Old 10th December 2013, 07:25   #5280

Friends - I was planning to buy an XUV 5OO sometime in the mid of next month for which I had visited the Mahindra showroom (Anant Motors) in Bangalore for a general enquiry about the waiting period, offer etc.

I was told by the SA there that till 25th of December, they have a cash discount of 30k along with a corporate discount of 10k which makes it a total of 40k discount on the ex-showroom price of a W6. He was insisting that I buy the car within this month as the prices are expected to go up in January next year and also the offers may not be available.

While I udnerstand that the prices may be increased by around 1% as is usually done, could any one please help me understand (from their previous experiences) whether there would be similar offer(s) next month as well or is it likely that I may miss out on a good deal if I do not buy the car this month.

Most Viewed