Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2013, 11:16   #5281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeet.khokher View Post
While I udnerstand that the prices may be increased by around 1% as is usually done, could any one please help me understand (from their previous experiences) whether there would be similar offer(s) next month as well or is it likely that I may miss out on a good deal if I do not buy the car this month.
Some of the auto companies are increasing the prices from Jan 2014. While it is difficult to predict what next month brings, generally the discounts tend to be more in Dec month. But is there any reason why you want to buy next month if you have already decided to buy a car? Also, it does not sound logical that a company increases prices and simultaneously give discounts.
Old 10th December 2013, 11:49   #5282
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeet.khokher View Post
Friends - I was planning to buy an XUV 5OO sometime in the mid of next month for which I had visited the Mahindra showroom (Anant Motors) in Bangalore for a general enquiry about the waiting period, offer etc.

I was told by the SA there that till 25th of December, they have a cash discount of 30k along with a corporate discount of 10k which makes it a total of 40k discount on the ex-showroom price of a W6. He was insisting that I buy the car within this month as the prices are expected to go up in January next year and also the offers may not be available.

While I udnerstand that the prices may be increased by around 1% as is usually done, could any one please help me understand (from their previous experiences) whether there would be similar offer(s) next month as well or is it likely that I may miss out on a good deal if I do not buy the car this month.
Yes the prevailing discounts are only till 25th of this month. i am not sure what is the reason behind you want to book the vehicle next month but if it is to do with getting a vehicle in 2014 so that you can get it registered as 2014 vehicle, then you can always get the vehicle this month and take Temporary Registration (TR) and do the actual registration next month. I believe TR is valid for 28 days and cost is somewhere around 1500 Rs.

I also believe that the discount is only for 2013 vehicles and the discount many not be continued next month if M&M starts to rollout vehicles manufactured in Jan/Feb.
Old 10th December 2013, 12:28   #5283

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
Some of the auto companies are increasing the prices from Jan 2014. While it is difficult to predict what next month brings, generally the discounts tend to be more in Dec month. But is there any reason why you want to buy next month if you have already decided to buy a car? Also, it does not sound logical that a company increases prices and simultaneously give discounts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Yes the prevailing discounts are only till 25th of this month. i am not sure what is the reason behind you want to book the vehicle next month but if it is to do with getting a vehicle in 2014 so that you can get it registered as 2014 vehicle, then you can always get the vehicle this month and take Temporary Registration (TR) and do the actual registration next month. I believe TR is valid for 28 days and cost is somewhere around 1500 Rs.

I also believe that the discount is only for 2013 vehicles and the discount many not be continued next month if M&M starts to rollout vehicles manufactured in Jan/Feb.
Thanks guys...

To answer your question, I am expecting a booster dose of vitamin M around the end of this month which is not letting me buy a car anytime before the 29th of December 2013.

However, the SA told me that the car needs to be invoiced within the offer period in order to be eligible for the offer. He suggested that I get the loan amount sanctioned and using just the loan sanction letter he would be able to invoice the car for me. I was not thoroughly convinced because I was not sure how could a dealer invoice the car on someone's name without getting the entire amount transferred. Any thoughts?
Old 10th December 2013, 13:01   #5284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Absolutely correct. That turn indicator ALONE can be changed for a modest amount. Best of luck.
Thanks Heavy Horse for this, I broke the plastic body coloured cover and also got a crack on the turn indicator around a year back. Since then managed like you to get my hands on a accidental car with the same coloured cover, but didn't managed to get the indicator transparent cover, which resulted in now the reflectors turning discoloured.

Your confirmation that this could be changed individually, will definitely help me put the entire mirror assembly back as new!
AGwagon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 19:02   #5285
BHPian

Dear BHP'ians,

Being off the fence for a really long time, finally I decide to own one. Took delivery of the beast on the 22nd of November and its an Oct 2013 manufactured vehicle. Chose Anant Cars in Bangalore for its good feedback on the forum and the shopping experience was really nice with them.

Have taken a lot of feedback and suggestions from all you fellow BHPians and would like to thank you all very much.

Will keep you all posted with my experience with the beast.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc03628.jpg  

ViPo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 19:39   #5286
J.Ravi

Comedy Turned Into Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
1. XUV500 W8 FWD [will book shortly]
Last evening, self and wife visited India Garage, Anna Salai, Chennai, armed with the cheque book to book XUV500 W8 FWD [Opulent Purple] and returned empty-handed solely due to callous attitude of Reuben, XUV500 Experience Executive there.

The story goes like this: I had already test-drove XUV500 W8 FWD 4 times with 3 dealerships in Chennai and Bangalore. The discounts and freebies offered by these dealerships were more or less on the same lines. On 4 December 2013, Reuben called me when I was in Bangalore and broke the news of Rs 45,000 cash discount for W8 variant. He ruled out corporate discount of Rs 10,000 due to my non-eligibility being a retired pensioner. I was not interested in the exchange bonus of Rs 15,000 as I decided to retain my Linea for some more time. As earlier agreed between us, I could take insurance myself as I enjoyed 50% no-claim bonus. I was not interested in availing of loan as I was for full cash-purchase. He requested me to send a sms formally informing him of my intention to buy including the details of name, variant, colour, etc. on or before 9 December 2013 as the dealer had to place the order with the manufacturer on or before 10 December 2013 afterwhich the portals will be closed on account of plant shut-down due to annual maintenance. This was the main condition to get the maximum discount offered by Mahindra. I told him categorically that I need either December-manufactured or at the most November-manufactured XUV500 according to the VIN. He responded vaguely that he could not assure me on that. Whatever despatched by the manufacturer would be delivered.

After a few days, he called me to inform that my XUV500 had already left Chakan plant and it was on its way to Chennai! When I asked him the VIN, he pleaded ignorance. He said that he would inform me as soon as the vehicle arrived in Chennai.

In the meanwhile, I changed the insurance of my Linea from comprehensive to the third-party liability and obtained a certificate for 50% no-claim bonus for the new vehicle, which is valid for 3 years from the date of issue.

I also wrote a detailed email to Mahindra customer care about their corporate discount policy. I requested them to extend the corporate discount to the retired pensioners like me. My mail was forwarded to the Chennai Area Sales Manager with a request that to bear with them until he got in touch with me, which never happened until this moment.

Self and wife arrived in Chennai on 10 December 2013 night. Reuben called me yesterday to enquire as to when I would book XUV500. When I asked for the VIN, he informed me that it was October-manufactured one. I was shocked. He also told me that the particular vehicle was reserved for me and if I didn't take it, there were others waiting for it! When I asked about availability of December/November-manufactured ones, he said that they didn't have stock except the October-manufactured one. He urged me to take it asap otherwise it would be allotted to others.

I did not like the idea of buying a October-manufactured vehicle. So, I contacted the other 2 dealers in Chennai. None had December/November-manufactured XUVs. One of them tipped another sales executive of India Garage's other branch on Anna Salai. One Kamala Kannan called me and informed that he had October-manufactured Arctic Blue W8 variant, but I was not interested. I crossed-checked with him about the discounts offered. He shocked me by saying that if I take insurance myself, I would lose Rs 7,500. Similarly, if I don't take loan from them, I wold lose another Rs 7,500. So, when Reuben called again yesterday evening, I posed the question. He echoed the same response. Then, I told him that I was not interested in booking and hung up the phone. After a few minutes, he called me again and informed that I would get the entire Rs 45,000 and I could arrange for insurance myself. He claimed that he did this as a special gesture. I also decided to go in for October-manufactured one as newer ones were not available anywhere.

Armed with the cheque book, self and wife rode to India Garage in the evening although it was drizzling. Reuben asked me to meet the Chennai Area Sales Manager, who was there at the dealership regarding the corporate discount. I decided to forego that and not to knock on the doors anymore. I told the same to Reuben.

Reuben explained the process. I had to pay Rs 40,000 to book XUV by signing a sales agreement. The next day, he would get PDI done at their stockyard and get the vehicle to the showroom in the evening, where I could do my PDI. After my approval and payment of the balance amount, it would be invoiced. The next day, the vehicle would be sent to RTO for registration. Here, I interrupted. What would happen in case I found out some faults in the vehicle. He assured me that the vehicle was 100% okay. Then, I posed him another question: if I was not satisfied with the Opulent Purple XUV during my PDI, could I have the choice of going in for Arctic Blue. He then said that it was already sold out! I took that statement with a pinch of salt. The October-manufactured Arctic Blue XUV, which was available at 5 pm, was reported to be sold out at 7 pm! Reuben made some phone calls when we were seated there. Suddenly, one person materialized, self-introduced himself as Kamala Kannan and informed me that the Arctic Blue was sold out after our telephonic discussion!

I suggested to Reuben that I was prepared to visit their stockyard near Poonamalle to do my PDI and then, I would book it, if I was satisfied. But, Reuben did not agree for that. I asked Reuben, what was the next course of action in case I was not satisfied. He replied that I could take the display vehicle at their showroom, which I rejected. He then offered that he would refund 100% booking amount if I was not satisfied with the vehicle. I asked him whether he would give it in writing. He said the sales agreement contained forfeiture clause of Rs 5,000 in case of cancellation, but he would see to it that entire amount would be refunded within a week's time!

I got fed up by watching the melodrama enacted before us. I told him point blank that I did not want to play a blind game, thanked him for all the trouble although it was his duty, and walked out of the showroom.

Later I received a sms from Reuben. Today, when he called me again, I told him that I postponed my decision to 2014. There ended the matter.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 12th December 2013 at 19:47.
  (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 20:35   #5287
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R View Post
How much did cost you? I have a similar but after market rear guard installed which is interfering with the parking sensors. Thinking of replacing them with Mahindra accessory,
Quote:
This rear guard is an official Mahindra accessory and was part of the freebies i got from the dealer.
i think he got it free of cost
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 21:29   #5288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
Dear BHP'ians,

Being off the fence for a really long time, finally I decide to own one. Took delivery of the beast on the 22nd of November and its an Oct 2013 manufactured vehicle. Chose Anant Cars in Bangalore for its good feedback on the forum and the shopping experience was really nice with them.

Have taken a lot of feedback and suggestions from all you fellow BHPians and would like to thank you all very much.

Will keep you all posted with my experience with the beast.
Congrats !! Cheetah looks good with the garland
ebmrajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 21:35   #5289
BHPian

Re: Comedy Turned Into Tragedy

Quote:
Last evening, self and wife visited India Garage, Anna Salai, Chennai, armed with the cheque book to book XUV500 W8 FWD [Opulent Purple] and returned empty-handed solely due to callous attitude of Reuben, XUV500 Experience Executive there.
Sad to hear what happened to you...Certainly its not easy to comeback disappointed after going with the expectation of booking a vehicle.

I too booked W8 model last week in Bangalore Sireesh. the situation in the showroom was crazy as there were so many bookings and inquiry because of the discounts offered. I specifically checked with the Sales Manager about the month of vehicle manufactured and he assured that it would be either December or November. I am hoping that he holds the deal when he delivers the vehicle. I should be getting the delivery sometime next week.

Last edited by bblost : 12th December 2013 at 22:22. Reason: please avoid quoting large posts in full. Thanks.
ebmrajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 21:41   #5290
BHPian

Dear Bhpians - Need advise...when i was checking with dealer guys about doing PDI for my vehicle which would be reaching in another 2-3 days, the dealer guy mentioned that once the vehicle arrives they would do a PDI first and then they will inform me. I am not sure what would be the pdi they would be doing. My doubt is should i do the PDI before they do anything to the vehicle or allow them to do their pdi and then i should do my PDI? help
Old 12th December 2013, 21:46   #5291
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear Bhpians - Need advise...when i was checking with dealer guys about doing PDI for my vehicle which would be reaching in another 2-3 days, the dealer guy mentioned that once the vehicle arrives they would do a PDI first and then they will inform me. I am not sure what would be the pdi they would be doing. My doubt is should i do the PDI before they do anything to the vehicle or allow them to do their pdi and then i should do my PDI? help
Does not matter, as long as you do the PDI before the vehicle goes for registration.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 21:48   #5292
BHPian

Quote:
I think it's mandatory for the dealership to do a pdi before they let you. It's got to do with the dealer accepting the shipment from the company. If there's a problem they won't accept it as the billing to the dealer happens when the car gets delivered and then accepted. So don't worry too much.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 09:10   #5293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Bhpians - Need advise...when i was checking with dealer guys about doing PDI for my vehicle which would be reaching in another 2-3 days, the dealer guy mentioned that once the vehicle arrives they would do a PDI first and then they will inform me. I am not sure what would be the pdi they would be doing...
There is nothing wrong in it. Since these cars are transferred via road, those could be as dirty as it can. And you would NOT touch it if you see in that state. They usually clean the car and make it look neat before you do a PDI. Not sure what else do they check.
Old 13th December 2013, 09:17   #5294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There ended the matter.
Hi Ravi, That is a bad loss of a good customer to M&M!

I hope you find a better dealer to service your XUV need in the future.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 09:29   #5295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I booked my vehicle on October 4th.
The vehicle was manufactured to order and was delivered by Nov 18th.
It had left the plant on 6th November and it took 10 days in transit.

Even when it had left the plant on 06th of Nov, as per VIN, my vehicle is manufactured on November.
I got the latest one with the change in font of 'mahindra', the 'live young live free' sticker and W8 badging on the rear.

And all this happened in the same India Garage showroom in Chennai. My SA was Dilip and I had very good experience with him.
Probably they are trying to sell off the 2013 manufactured vehicles lying in their back yard.
If the vehicle is made to order, then it takes 6 weeks for the vehicle to reach your hand.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed