Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2014, 15:20   #6781
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Congratulations Aniket. You would have had a number of vehicles in your list before selecting this. I just wanted to know how did you narrowed down to this vehicle, can you please share your experience with us while. Happy miles ahead. Please share your new companion Cheetah pictures as well.
Hi Yogesh, after driving sedans for last 7 years over Lakhs of Kms, I have realized that Indian roads are not meant for sedans. Most roads i go to deteriorate every time I pass by and only gets worse. Buying an SUV was decided. My next vehicle was destined to be a go anywhere without tension kind of a vehicle.(even if it would be a bit slower)
Then in my Budget, I had only Duster and Scorpio. When I went for a TD, Duster seemed like a downgrade from my Optra. It had less space, less power and lesser refinement. Also, my elbow would touch the front co-passenger everytime I shifted the gears, seats were too small as well. Minimal features and top end AWD diesel at 16.2L did not make sense to me.Therefore it was ruled out.
Then when I TD'ed Scorpio, I really liked it. We also did a TD of XUV in the same go. Considering the price difference, XUV AWD offered a lot more and finally was the best choice, a perfect all-rounder. Huge thanks to the forum on various ownership threads that give me a perfect idea of what I was going for. Had multiple discussions with J.Ravi sir and he really helped with all the info. Going on mega trips like him is what I am planning to do next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
Congrats Aniket. .. was your vehicle readily available in the stock or was order placed after you booked it. I have also booked it from India Garage.

Can you also provide more details about this protective film ... where it was done and the total cost. I am also not going for chrome.
Dear Sridhar,
Vehicle was at Chakan plant (sept manufactured), which got assigned to me. Did a proper PDI before taking the delivery.
Check out 3M website for details on the protective film, it was done at 3M RMV 2nd Stage, Bangalore. The total cost for aforementioned parts cost 42k at Rs. 491/Sqft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzealot View Post
@ Aniket,
Congrats!!! Wish you Million Mile Munching on your New Cheetah. Could you please apprise on cost incurred 3M protective film and also the total quantity of Film used?
Thanks, The total cost for aforementioned parts cost 42k at Rs. 491/Sqft.

Last edited by Aniket6 : 12th November 2014 at 15:35.
Old 12th November 2014, 16:31   #6782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Check out 3M website for details on the protective film, it was done at 3M RMV 2nd Stage, Bangalore. The total cost for aforementioned parts cost 42k at Rs. 491/Sqft.

Thanks, The total cost for aforementioned parts cost 42k at Rs. 491/Sqft.

42k at 491/sqft? That's almost 80 sqft? Did the car need so much film?
Old 12th November 2014, 17:31   #6783
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks - Have a couple of questions regarding XUV Purple club. Please help me. This is for a friend, who is a non-bhpian.
  1. On Purchase of a used XUV, is the purple club membership transferable to new 2nd owner, assuming the old owner upgraded outside Mahindra vehicles.
  2. The free club mahindra 2 night voucher - is it usable just once or is it 2-nights every year.
  3. I personally want a copy of the XUV coffee table book. I have the scorpio one already and I collect many coffee table books. Please let me know where we could order them
I found this link, but i guess it is down for many many days. Any pointers ?

https://mahindraxuv500.giftzone.co.in

Last edited by scopriobharath : 12th November 2014 at 17:33.
Old 12th November 2014, 18:08   #6784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzealot View Post
Hi! Nitin,
What upgrade have you done to the stock set up? Awaiting arrival of my car in a day or two. Would appreciate your help.
Here you go. This is the thread i opened way back in 2011/12

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...v500-iced.html
Old 12th November 2014, 18:37   #6785
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The free club mahindra 2 night voucher - is it usable just once or is it 2-nights every year.
Just once. It's for one-time stay for two nights within one year of purchase. It comes with a lot of ifs, buts and provideds. We wanted to stay at Munnar, but ended up at Poovar! That's how it is. Only the stay is free; food is chargeable, just average and very costly, IMO. I ended up paying ₹ 2,480.12 for one buffet dinner and buffet breakfast for me and wife; we stayed for one night and checked out late, the next day. My review in tripadvisor is here.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 12th November 2014 at 18:49.
  (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 14:14   #6786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Someone known to me from Mahindra in Chennai tells me that 2 versions of XUV can be expected around April-May 2015, one is the refreshed(facelift) version and other one is with sunroof. The source declined to comment on the autobox or the changes expected in facelift. Am trying to convince the person to share more details about the XUV and the compact SUV.
Hi, just checking if you got any additional details on the XUV 500 facelift from your friend. I am looking to get a W6, most likely before end of the year.
username is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 14:34   #6787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Hi, just checking if you got any additional details on the XUV 500 facelift from your friend. I am looking to get a W6, most likely before end of the year.
Not yet. As he has said, it'll be launched next year. If you want to take it before end of this year, you might have to settle for the existing model.
Old 14th November 2014, 16:43   #6788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Justin - TVS charges very high rate for reverse cam. They quoted 10k for me. Ktc sells it for 3500.
gpriyesh : Mine is a 2012 W8, I too had got my rev cam done from TVS cochin for 10K while i got the car delivered.
I am planning to take mine for service next week. My camera now gives an yellowish display, and badly needs a change.
Tyrex in cochin has on good quality cam for 2.5K (Worldtech), are the ones sold by KTC also the same. I am anyway taking it to KTC only, as it is closer to my office and also need to see whether they are better.
Old 14th November 2014, 17:53   #6789
adu
BHPian

Could someone please let me know what PSI should be maintained for the XUV 500 if Nitrogen is filled instead of regular air? Will it remain 32 for Front and 30 for Rear? I checked with the guys at Cherry Agencies and they have recommended 34 PSI for all 4 tyres.
Old 14th November 2014, 18:25   #6790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
gpriyesh : Mine is a 2012 W8, I too had got my rev cam done from TVS cochin for 10K while i got the car delivered.
I am planning to take mine for service next week. My camera now gives an yellowish display, and badly needs a change.
Tyrex in cochin has on good quality cam for 2.5K (Worldtech), are the ones sold by KTC also the same. I am anyway taking it to KTC only, as it is closer to my office and also need to see whether they are better.
Peterjim - TVS is selling mahindra original camera. It has got night vision as well
Old 14th November 2014, 19:15   #6791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Not yet. As he has said, it'll be launched next year. If you want to take it before end of this year, you might have to settle for the existing model.
Going by the time it took for the Scorpio refresh to be launched, it might be the next year end by the time the XUV5OO refresh comes. There is no news on any road tests also at the moment.
Old 14th November 2014, 19:44   #6792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
what PSI should be maintained for the XUV 500 if Nitrogen is filled instead of regular air?
Pressure does not change irrespective of air or nitrogen. However I fill 33 psi since I felt it gave good combination of ride comfort and economy.
Old 14th November 2014, 23:51   #6793
BHPian

Finally!!! The Cheetah arrived home post a long hunt
Old 15th November 2014, 09:33   #6794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Going by the time it took for the Scorpio refresh to be launched, it might be the next year end by the time the XUV5OO refresh comes. There is no news on any road tests also at the moment.

Thanks guys. Makes sense. The sales guys also confirmed that there is no visibility to XUV 5OO refresh at this time, but a mini XUV is launching as soon as Mar.

On reading various threads, I believe an XUV Hybrid will be launched sometime in 2015, as W10 probably, as the perception is that it will be priced above the W8 AWD.
Old 15th November 2014, 09:38   #6795
BHPian

Guys one question is there any change in the suspension setup in W8 FWD and W8 AWD in XUV.

One more query has anyone been able to increase the thigh support for the second row seat in XUV. This was the first thing that my wife told after we did a test drive of the XUV. She said it was way less than our existing support in Punto. I have booked W8 AWD and expect the delivery in another week or so .

Last edited by sridharp77 : 15th November 2014 at 09:41.

Most Viewed