Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2014, 14:42   #6751
Distinguished - BHPian

Someone known to me from Mahindra in Chennai tells me that 2 versions of XUV can be expected around April-May 2015, one is the refreshed(facelift) version and other one is with sunroof. The source declined to comment on the autobox or the changes expected in facelift. Am trying to convince the person to share more details about the XUV and the compact SUV.
BoneCollector is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 14:58   #6752
BHPian

The original on road price for AWD in bangalore is 18.10 lakhs.

Ravi sir even for me Anant is offering only 2.5 lakhs for my punto. And they are also adamant that no accessories will be provided. India Garage is offering 3.4 lakhs. I am going to Sriheesh Auto in the evening to get their final quote. Off the dealing so far I liked India Garage followed by Sriheesh. Anant attitude is like if you want buy at the price we are offering or else get lost.
sridharp77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 15:27   #6753
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I was on a business trip in chennai and Spotted two XUV500 testing on Chennai roads early this week, with Some equipment inside to monitor the performance. I guess it might be a petrol version with Manual gearshift. It has sunroof too .
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img20141103wa0005.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img20141103wa0009.jpg  

PMK-MoJo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 09:24   #6754
BHPian

Quick update guys... Mahindra is working on suspension of XUV....not sure if this is only for cars meant for exports only or one sold in our markets as well. There are at least 35 consultants hired from outside the company and the duration of the project is approximately 2 months. This is not an improvement in existing part but developing totally new suspension.
carzealot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 10:14   #6755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzealot View Post
Quick update guys... Mahindra is working on suspension of XUV....not sure if this is only for cars meant for exports only or one sold in our markets as well. There are at least 35 consultants hired from outside the company and the duration of the project is approximately 2 months. This is not an improvement in existing part but developing totally new suspension.
Thats a good news. If there is a great improvement than the present setup , i will definitely change it.
In just 2 months ? Not sure of that. Will take at least 6 months to test the reliability of the new setup.
Old 8th November 2014, 10:41   #6756
BHPian

Friends above speed of 80 I can hear a faint metallic whizzing sound, is it normal with all or only I am facing it.
Old 8th November 2014, 14:59   #6757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Friends above speed of 80 I can hear a faint metallic whizzing sound, is it normal with all or only I am facing it.
That's a very difficult question to answer without hearing the noise itself! I don't hear any unexplained noise at any speed in my car. Is it a recent development? Maybe something is stuck to one of the wheels (or wheel well) and you notice the sound only at a relatively high speed?
Old 8th November 2014, 15:20   #6758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Some high frequency sound?

It may be due to a number of reasons. For me, I was getting kind of a whistling noise above 120kmph. Turned out the front windshield was not airtight.
Old 8th November 2014, 19:32   #6759
BHPian

Did PDI today. Looks good, the vehicle is almost garden fresh (10/10/2014 make). Yet to be polished but no scratches in bumpers/anywhere etc. and all the lights/AC/bluetooth/music work fine. Paired to my phone without any issues and the calls were audible enough. Though one person complained about wind noise and we had to adjust AC blower.

Engine bay looks good without any leakages etc. Tyres are Bridgestone which is the better ones among the lot, I guess; and battery Exide, heard Amaron is better.

The only minor issue I saw is some kind of rust at the center of the wheels. Please see the pictures attached. The SA was quick to say it isn't rust and he showed other new cars also has this issue. Can anyone please comment what should I do? Is it okay as such or ask for replacement?

Also at the back, the C-pillar (black section above the tail lamps) has some marks, like happened while cleaning. Though not really scratches and not very visible at first, but noticeable on close inspection (Please check the second section from the bottom in the larger version of the picture). SA said, this will be corrected during Teflon coating. Can someone comment here as well?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20141108_134941.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20141108_134956.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20141108_134859.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20141108_134930.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20141108_135455.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20141108_135842.jpg  

vjjustin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 11:22   #6760
BHPian

buddy..

I took test drives of aria & xuv again and found it is better to go for Xuv 5OO as a personal vehicle.
Probably if both are there in a taxi stand and I want a taxi,then I would hire Aria.

My family members also felt that Aria is huge as a personal vehicle when we took it to the road from Adimali that leads to Munnar (NH 49). I also could not find a comfortable driving position ( not sure why).

I tested Xuv and new scorpio back to back in same route and I can say Xuv offers best ride and comfort that closely matches a sedan.
But One can not ignore the fact that scorpio has got lot of improvement when compared to 2005 CRDE model that I owned.

So in the given 11-16 L price bracket IMHO there is hardly anything available in the market that can beat Xuv.( duster / terrano offers great riding but excluded as those are 5 seaters )

I was never in favor of xuv all these years by listening to others opinion but a real test drive made me change my mind.

I liked Rexton( did not Take TD) , it's looks and interiors. More over the availability of 4*4 with a 5 cylinder engine from benz. But out of budget as of now.
Finally it's XUV I guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
1)Pick up:
I would suggest to take at least a couple of TDs more of both the vehicles on separate days (same road if possible) and then take a call.

Last edited by Tornado : 9th November 2014 at 11:29. Reason: Added a point
Old 9th November 2014, 15:06   #6761
BHPian

Clutch is lighter than latest scorpio and even lighter than my 2012 optra magnum.
It feels as if you are driving a sedan while you are in xuv, may be the electric steering is too light which is giving that effect (few may not like this much light steering, I do prefer a hydraulic one like that of optra, but one will get use to it)

xuv seems to be a good pick for city and high way when someone is strict on budget and still needs a 7 seater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
My 2 cents on the car :
1. You don't feel that the the car is bulkier to a sedan. I am also wondering why? Maybe because of the good steering & 140 BHP power, No Turbo lag. Experts may comment here
4. I felt that the clutch is heavier than the honda city. So in a complete Stop -Go traffic you will have slight difficulty.

Ansuman
Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 11th November 2014 at 12:03. Reason: See mod note
Old 9th November 2014, 15:53   #6762
BHPian

Can someone please comment on these two issues? Taking delivery tomorrow.

There is some rusting at the center of the wheels, all the wheels has this to varying degree.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20141108_134956.jpgMahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20141108_134902.jpg
Should I ask for replacement or is it okay as such? Did anyone else notice this before?

Also at the back, the black section above the tail lamps has some marks, look like happened while cleaning. Though not really scratches and not very visible at first, but noticeable on close inspection.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20141108_135842.jpg

Will it be corrected after teflon coating? Anyone has/had/noticed this issue before?
Old 9th November 2014, 16:22   #6763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Someone known to me from Mahindra in Chennai tells me that 2 versions of XUV can be expected around April-May 2015, one is the refreshed(facelift) version and other one is with sunroof. The source declined to comment on the autobox or the changes expected in facelift. Am trying to convince the person to share more details about the XUV and the compact SUV.
Thanks for the info.

I went ahead and took delivery of a silver W8 yesterday. Be interesting to see if you can get any more details from your source on the facelift..
Old 9th November 2014, 19:10   #6764
BHPian

Justin,

The rust seems to be a minor one, it seems to be 'not deep'.
Usually it takes hardly 1 week to develop such a rustic appearance if any scratches happens on the vehicle.
For the rain that Kerala experienced these days it is so easy to cause such stains, if the stock yard is an open place.

If you are still doubtful then showing the snaps to a 'tinker' in a garage will definitely help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Can someone please comment on these two issues?
Should I ask for replacement or is it okay as such?

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th November 2014 at 09:00. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Tornado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 20:22   #6765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
It feels as if you are driving a sedan while you are in XUV,may be the electric steering is too light which is giving that effect ( few May not like this much light steering, I do prefer a hydraulic one like that of Optra, but one will get use to it)
I think XUV has hydraulic steering as well as I have seen place for power steering oil inside the bonnet. The steering is light and even very responsive and well balanced too on those highway speed runs.

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th November 2014 at 08:31. Reason: COrrecting SMS language in quoted post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks