Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2014, 22:35   #6706
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Thanks vivek; I went through the other threads, wanted to know if there are any requirements/checks/verifications etc. that are specific to XUV.

I am getting 80,000/- cash discount +3M teflon coating (with warranty)+side beading.
(insurance:31,000/-, exchange:20,000/- and corporate:10,000/- plus another 19,000/-)

Final on road comes to 13,07,000/- in Cochin.
Good to know that Justin. In TVS Trivandrum, I checked the discounts for W8 version - they have an insurance discount of ~35K, exchange bonus of 15K and Corporate bonus of 10K Max. Not yet finalized on the variant, need to take more test drives before I conclude on anything.

Looking at the XUV variants, W6 makes sense for me - provided I can compromise the additional airbags and ESP w/rollover mitigation. All the other additions to W8, I can live without that.

All the best and enjoy your drive with the beast !
Old 30th October 2014, 22:50   #6707
BHPian

Quote:
TVS. Both offered more or less the same. Also, KTC is located close to my place. But negotiations were going on for some time and both were matching/undercutting the other and then I fed up and asked for final deal, and TVC came first. Somehow from the interactions, I also felt that TVS might be better in after sales service.

I bought mine 2 months back from KTC since I felt they are better than TVS. Anyway it is all about perception and that is the sales process all about. All the best!!
gpriyesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 23:52   #6708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
I bought mine 2 months back from KTC since I felt they are better than TVS. Anyway it is all about perception and that is the sales process all about. All the best!!
I guess KTC SAs assumed that I will buy from them, since they are close to Angamaly, my place (registration and all). And I was indeed thinking about buying from them. So, that might have reflected in their approach/attitude. Initially they were just matching the TVS offer. TVS might have tried hard since they knew that it is a difficult sell for them. KTC team started doubting when the offers from TVS kept coming in and started asking for evidence etc. But then I changed my mind and it was kind of late for KTC to bring back the game.
Old 31st October 2014, 14:28   #6709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Good to know that Justin. In TVS Trivandrum, I checked the discounts for W8 version - they have an insurance discount of ~35K, exchange bonus of 15K and Corporate bonus of 10K Max. Not yet finalized on the variant, need to take more test drives before I conclude on anything.

Looking at the XUV variants, W6 makes sense for me - provided I can compromise the additional airbags and ESP w/rollover mitigation. All the other additions to W8, I can live without that.

Sorry for back to back posting. Didn't see the edit button.

That is the standard offer they have. Even to me they said the same. Get quotes from other Mahindra showrooms as well and negotiate. They give better rates towards month/year end.

I guess the colour screen and GPS navigation is also an important miss, between W6 and W8, and warranty gets void if you change it. The fog lamps, 3d row light etc are also missing from the new versions of W6. Just make sure before committing.
vjjustin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 15:08   #6710
BHPian

Quote:

If you are can afford W8 go for it bro..Though most of things can be compromised, ESP is one thing that would make your driving experience different. You can confidently throw the cars around in corners knowing well the ESP will kick in prevent it from rolling over. I did that with full masti when I attended the XUV Torque day at Chennai race track and experienced the ESP first hand. Could do more with my W8 compared with the participating W6's and that was surely something I will remember for a long time. More airbags again we all know the benefits. You might be able to fix most of the other accessories including an extra screen for videos, but ESP that is one sure miss. So if you can are planning for W8 and go for W6 .. good chance you will regret later.

FundaG
Old 31st October 2014, 16:58   #6711
BHPian

Quote:
The fog lamps, 3d row light etc are also missing from the new versions of W6. Just make sure before committing.
Could you confirm this? The Mahindra website still lists them for the W6.
Old 31st October 2014, 17:07   #6712
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for back to back posting. Didn't see the edit button.

That is the standard offer they have. Even to me they said the same. Get quotes from other Mahindra showrooms as well and negotiate. They give better rates towards month/year end.

I guess the colour screen and GPS navigation is also an important miss, between W6 and W8, and warranty gets void if you change it. The fog lamps, 3d row light etc are also missing from the new versions of W6. Just make sure before committing.
Yes, I need to take a look at the missing features in new version of W6. Planning to take another couple of test drives sometime next week.
The problem with getting quotes is that TVS is the only dealer in Trivandrum. Else, I'll have to get the quote from other cities and bargain. Let me see.

-Vivek

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
If you are can afford W8 go for it bro..Though most of things can be compromised, ESP is one thing that would make your driving experience different. You can confidently throw the cars around in corners knowing well the ESP will kick in prevent it from rolling over.
FundaG
Yes, I agree with you. I'm a fast but sedate driver (no sudden acceleration or braking and usually slow down in curves), but you never know when you will have to make sudden maneuvering to avoid hitting someone or being hit by something. Those situations, ESP will definitely come to our rescue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
You might be able to fix most of the other accessories including an extra screen for videos, but ESP that is one sure miss. So if you can are planning for W8 and go for W6 .. good chance you will regret later.

FundaG
Hmm... yes agree with you. Color infotainment, tyretronics, power foldable mirrors, alloy wheels etc are things I'm not too particular about.. but the deciding factors will be ESP and additional airbags for sure.

-Vivek

Last edited by Technocrat : 31st October 2014 at 22:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged, thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 17:23   #6713
BHPian

Got the VIN number, it is an Oct make. 10-12 chars are E6K. Going to do PDI tomorrow (with our list, of course), please let me know if anything specific I need to check/verify etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Could you confirm this? The Mahindra website still lists them for the W6.
Just verified with SA. Mahindra infromed dealers about these changes couple of months back. But the new vehicles even now has all these features available.

Quote:
...The problem with getting quotes is that TVS is the only dealer in Trivandrum. Else, I'll have to get the quote from other cities and bargain. Let me see.

-Vivek
In that case they wouldn't give much of a discount. But sure get quotes from other citys as well (Try competitor, however far they are) and ask TVS to at least match it.
Then go back and talk to them again and come back and repeat
Old 31st October 2014, 17:28   #6714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hmm... yes agree with you. Color infotainment, tyretronics, power foldable mirrors, alloy wheels etc are things I'm not too particular about.. but the deciding factors will be ESP and additional airbags for sure.

-Vivek
ESP was the only reason why i went for W8. Else i would have settled for W4 and fitted ICE , horn etc of my choice. Cant even watch movies on the move.
Got used to the Tcs in my 2004 elantra and i know how valuable it is.
Old 31st October 2014, 18:07   #6715
BHPian

Anyone with AWD please care to comment. Similar experiences etc.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3566572
Old 31st October 2014, 19:14   #6716
BHPian

These are the prices for accessories quoted to me. Is there any accessories price list available for XUV500 (in this forumn or somewhere else) that I can compare it wtih? Or can anyone with knowledge comment on these prices, also in relation to outside quality/prices?

1 FOOT STEP -14500
3 full chrome -7900
4 reverse camera -12700
5 Rain visor - 2050
6 roof dvd (10 inch LED) - 27500(WITH HEAD PH)
8 ILLUMINATED SCUFFPLATE - 4400
9 EXTRA HORN - 3700
10 REAR CRASH GUARD - 6900
11 ALLOYWHEEL- 9500 PER PIECE
12 GPS NAVIGATION - 16500

Foot step, reverse camera, rain visor, scuff plate and alloy wheel are of interest to me; though not sure if and when I will get any of it.
vjjustin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 19:24   #6717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzealot View Post
Hi Bharath,
I was in Leh this July on my Duster 85 BHP RXL which I bought in the month of April'14 and just sold. My observations.... Duster ran out of breath on several occasions especially until turbo stepped in. The best performance was observed in xylo. Primarily being rear wheel drive. Inova was seen in abundance too however I saw the belly getting scraped every now and then due to low ground clearance. Xuv W8 getting stuck on banks of pengong which eventually I evacuated due to my origin from Rajasthan and experience of driving in sand. Could you please elaborate why you rate Scorpio four wheel better than xuv awd except for former being high on Ground clearance. Any issues with technology? My inclination towards AWD is only because of one simple reason that it would help me get out safely in tricky situations. If FWD can do the same I will be glad. Please help
Hi Carzealot - The advantage of the 4X4 is the low range for that difficult time, which can pull out your vehicle, Which the AWD cannot. Low range 4X4 in scorpio is much more useful than the AWD. FWD is not suited for offroading. If you have decided on XUV, the AWD is the one to go
Old 31st October 2014, 22:13   #6718
BHPian

Quote:
These are the prices for accessories quoted to me. Is there any accessories price list available for XUV500 (in this forumn or somewhere else) that I can compare it wtih? Or can anyone with knowledge comment on these prices, also in relation to outside quality/prices?

1 FOOT STEP -14500
3 full chrome -7900
4 reverse camera -12700
5 Rain visor - 2050
9 EXTRA HORN - 3700

Foot step, reverse camera, rain visor, scuff plate and alloy wheel are of interest to me; though not sure if and when I will get any of it.
Reverse camera for 12000 bucks!!! I got it for 3500 from authorised dealer in Bangalore and they also claim it is Mahindra approved product. Pls check with your dealer why the major cost difference and if it has any extra features like higher resolutions etc comparing to the ones available in the market

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 03:13   #6719
BHPian

Quote:

1 FOOT STEP -14500
3 full chrome -7900
4 reverse camera -12700
5 Rain visor - 2050
9 EXTRA HORN - 3700

The horn and alloy wheel are priced on a fairly higher side, could get cheaper ones in the aftermarket.
What is shocking is the rear camera price, it's at least 3-4 times the normal price (around 3k).
abhinavinc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 06:04   #6720
BHPian

Quote:

1 FOOT STEP -14500
3 full chrome -7900
4 reverse camera -12700
5 Rain visor - 2050
9 EXTRA HORN - 3700

Justin - TVS charges very high rate for reverse cam. They quoted 10k for me. Ktc sells it for 3500.
gpriyesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks