Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 05:55   #6811
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Saw a news snippet in ndtv profit that Mahindra is recalling 2300 XUVs, xylos and scorpios.
Was this posted here earlier?

Extract:
"New Delhi: Homegrown auto major Mahindra & Mahindra is recalling 2,300 units of different variants of its popular SUVs Scorpio and XUV500, and multi-purpose vehicle Xylo to rectify a defective vacuum pump in engines manufactured in May this year.

The preventive inspection and replacement, if needed, of the vacuum pump would be free of cost for customers, who would be individually contacted by the company, Mahindra & Mahindra said in a statement.

"The inspection is limited to approximately 2,300 vehicles of Scorpio (Vlx/Sle/Lx), XUV500 W4/w6/W8 and Xylo H9/H8/H4 variants," the company said.

The exercise is in keeping with SIAM's voluntary code on vehicle recall, it added.

Earlier in July this year, Mahindra & Mahindra had recalled around 23,000 units of select variants of its popular sports utility vehicle Scorpio to rectify faulty pressure regulating valves."

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/corporat...00-xylo-699538

Last edited by dhanushmenon : 21st November 2014 at 05:57.
Old 21st November 2014, 09:39   #6812
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Was this posted here earlier?
It was discussed in niggles thread. My vehicle is under recall, yet to get the part changed.
Old 21st November 2014, 13:47   #6813

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I am sorry to say but you have to live with it. Even if you get this sorted from service station, after month or so it will come back. Reason, Mahindra's plastic quality is bad. They are not like European cars. My 3 year old fabia is still dead quit compared to my 3 year old XUV.

My solution for this: Invest on good sounding music system, it works for me
Astonishingly, that annoying sound from the driver side door has disappeared completely. I wanted to show it to the service station and was delaying it. I guess procrastination pays!

I have heard of instances where noises appear and disappear mysteriously. Others also experience it?
Old 22nd November 2014, 19:52   #6814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiyer20 View Post
Astonishingly, that annoying sound from the driver side door has disappeared completely. I wanted to show it to the service station and was delaying it. I guess procrastination pays!

I have heard of instances where noises appear and disappear mysteriously. Others also experience it?

Yes, there was this 'Kich Kich' noise coming from my XUVs front wheels, only when turning, and I was told that they are due to the wheel covers but after a good wash today the noise is no more there. :-)
Old 25th November 2014, 21:00   #6815
BHPian

Quick question. . Has any body fixed reverse camera other than the one available with the mahindra genuine accessories. The reason why I am asking is that the dealer himself is discouraging me not to go with the one available saying lot of folks have raised complaint saying that the display is not good etc .... What other options do we have ....

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th November 2014 at 08:21. Reason: See note in post.
Old 25th November 2014, 21:56   #6816

Yes. I recently replaced the old reverse camera installed at the India garage with an after market camera. The new camera has night vision, HD and wide angle at a price of 1800. My RM too advised to get it replaced outside after it went kapoot.
Old 25th November 2014, 23:00   #6817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodsudhindra View Post
Yes. I recently replaced the old reverse camera installed at the India garage with an after market camera. The new camera has night vision, HD and wide angle at a price of 1800. My RM too advised to get it replaced outside after it went kapoot.
Can you please provide more details about the place from where you got it installed. Does it effect the warranty. I also got the same feedback from India Garage showroom.
Old 26th November 2014, 06:38   #6818

@sridharp77, I got it done from this place called Sachin's autoshop in kormangala ( pm me if you need exact location). He has done a lot of work on my current cars and previous ones too. In terms of warranty, if the wires are spliced (where required) your warranty should not be affected.

Please ensure to get the camera activated at service center. That bit can only be done by Mahindra ...they will hook up a laptop to activate the reverse camera.

Hope that helps.
Old 26th November 2014, 10:09   #6819
BHPian

^^Guys,are you talking about W8 or W6,coz I am recently got a W6 and planning to install a reverse cam. Is it possible in W6.
Old 26th November 2014, 10:49   #6820

Inder, mine is a W8, but I am not sure about W6. Fairly certain it can be done. Have a friend whose W6 has a reverse cam.
Old 26th November 2014, 11:05   #6821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodsudhindra View Post
@sridharp77, I got it done from this place called Sachin's autoshop in kormangala ( pm me if you need exact location). He has done a lot of work on my current cars and previous ones too. In terms of warranty, if the wires are spliced (where required) your warranty should not be affected.

Please ensure to get the camera activated at service center. That bit can only be done by Mahindra ...they will hook up a laptop to activate the reverse camera.

Hope that helps.
pramodsudhindra has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

get the following message when trying to send a pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
^^Guys,are you talking about W8 or W6,coz I am recently got a W6 and planning to install a reverse cam. Is it possible in W6.
Yes it is possible in all variants if i am not wrong.
Old 26th November 2014, 11:12   #6822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Is it possible in W6.
Yes it is possible. However for W6 & W4 you will have to install a display also along with camera since infotainment system does not support reverse cam video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
Yes it is possible in all variants if i am not wrong.
You can PM only once a member status is 'BHPian', it is not possible to PM 'Newbie' members.
Old 26th November 2014, 14:36   #6823
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
I have heard few cases where the clutch pedal sank in and they didn't cover it under warranty, blaming the driving style of the driver, good they didn't argue on warranty issues atleast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
...Also as rahul said, you are lucky that they admit this clutch fault and going to do it under warranty. There have been cases where they refused to cover it.
As you guys know, in any car, with use, the clutch-plate wears down and the clutch starts to slip. This is obviously not covered under warranty as it is normal wear and tear. But in this case, the pedal does not sink.

Clutch pedal sinking is associated with the clutch hydralics failing and is clearly a case of design failure or part failure and definitely not regular wear and tear. Can't imagine by what logic M&M can deny covering it under warranty.
Old 26th November 2014, 19:29   #6824
BHPian

You should buy this if brand value or image does not bother you and you are practical yet cost conscious.
The W8 is the best your money can buy as there is hardly a feature that's missing in this version.
One can take it to Himalayas and still deal with the average Indian roads will always have potholes, this will do the job without much problems.

Last edited by manson : 26th November 2014 at 19:57. Reason: Formatted terribly laid out vague text. Please refrain from posting posts in keywords, and complete your sentences.
Old 29th November 2014, 12:04   #6825
BHPian

I am planning to get rear view sensor and camera done for my W4 - looking for a good accessory shop preferably in and around Whitfield Any suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks